Mika in the Evening Standard

eloise.shaw

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok Mika!!! I'm ready for that kind of album! :yay:

After a bit more waiting we are ready for everything, but I like his attitude too :roftl:

They really published this interview on Mikasounds? :teehee: It is funny, I like his answers :biggrin2:

After a bit more waiting we are ready for everything, but I like his attitude too :roftl:

They really published this interview on Mikasounds? :teehee: It is funny, I like his answers :biggrin2:

And on the 'blog' part of the site. Usually they'd put this in the 'press' part. Weird. :blink:

Please what exactly is a " **** off album" ? I have a few imaginations about the meaning but I would like to know it exactly :teehee:. Thank you

Grace Kelly was a " **** off song" - i.e. it basically went against current trends and not caring what anyone thought about it.

Most of the songs on LICM also fitted that concept.

Grace Kelly was a " **** off song" - i.e. it basically went against current trends and not caring what anyone thought about it.

So we don't have any reason to be worried? :teehee:

Edit: Meaning his new album is not going to be boring or mainstream or anything like that (I wasn't worried but now I'm even more excited!).

Thank you very much Suzie. I love it to learn new things every day. So so curious about the new album.

Here's what it says:

Which of their songs would you cover?

'It's a Kind of Magic'. It screams energy and freedom and is a crazy cool anthem.

Actually, my humble opinion is that the early Queen songs would fit him better. We can see it listening to Loverboy or Dr. John.

my fav Queen is Somebody to love. it is very powerful too! It would be great to hear it from Mika.

What are you up to at the moment?

I'm writing the biggest f*ck off album you've ever heard. It's the best thing I've ever done.

The boy is very humble and modest :mf_rosetinted:

I begin to be afraid :aah:

Actually, my humble opinion is that the early Queen songs would fit him better.

well, the way I take the songs he mentioned now is that he already has Brian May wrapped around his fingers, so he needs to warm up to John Deacon and Roger Taylor now...:naughty:

No, only joking..:teehee:

The concept of 'A Kind of Magic' appeals to me. Great lyrics (Freddie wrote parts of it) and I actually prefer magicians to clowns...(:naughty:)

Actually, my humble opinion is that the early Queen songs would fit him better. We can see it listening to Loverboy or Dr. John.

my fav Queen is Somebody to love. it is very powerful too! It would be great to hear it from Mika.

The boy is very humble and modest :mf_rosetinted:

I begin to be afraid :aah:

The one Queen song I'd love him to cover is '39, the song Brian sings on A Night At The Opera. It's a beautiful song and Mikas voice would do it justice.

The one Queen song I'd love him to cover is '39, the song Brian sings on A Night At The Opera. It's a beautiful song and Mikas voice would do it justice.

Freddie sang that, too, live - needless to say, way better.

I agree it would suit Mika really well. I loved George Michael's version as well at the Tribute concert in 1992.

Actually, this made me think that Brian and Roger should organise another Queen tribute concert. 2011 marks the 40th anniversary of the formation of the original line-up of the band and the 20th anniversary of Freddie Mercury's death.

I'd rather they worked on organising that than a silly part 2 of WWRY, the musical.

well, the way I take the songs he mentioned now is that he already has Brian May wrapped around his fingers, so he needs to warm up to John Deacon and Roger Taylor now...:naughty:

No, only joking..:teehee:

The concept of 'A Kind of Magic' appeals to me. Great lyrics (Freddie wrote parts of it) and I actually prefer magicians to clowns...(:naughty:)

My hubby moans all the time why they won't take Mika to the band. And I say: because they won't be able to jump like him anymore :naughty:

I like AKoM, but I think Mika's voice is too young for it at the moment...

Hm... I prefer this song with Brian's voice. Freddie sings it good, but the whole mood and aura of the song is not for Freddie's voice. And as Mika's voice is closer to Freddie's voice.... you know what I mean :blush-anim-cl:

We need to make a poll: Which Queen song Mika should cover :naughty::roftl:

And then make a petition :thumb_yello:

Actually, this made me think that Brian and Roger should organise another Queen tribute concert. 2011 marks the 40th anniversary of the formation of the original line-up of the band and the 20th anniversary of Freddie Mercury's death.

I'd rather they worked on organising that than a silly part 2 of WWRY, the musical.

:kachinga::groovy::clap:

Would be so great!

Archived