Mika in the Evening Standard

eloise.shaw

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The anecdote about Freddie's answer to the journalist is priceless :lmfao:

Yes, typical stupid, uninformed journalist. It has always been John Deacon's name in the credits to that song unlike songs of their last 2 albums where they just wrote Queen.

I am also really excited about the album as I love his attitude about it already :boing:

es-mag_11-03-11.jpg

Posted on Mikasounds

http://www.mikasounds.com/blog

Sorry mods, I would have posted it on the update thread but I didn't know where else to put it :aah:

I can't read it very well. It's too small. Any way to make it bigger? I thought the text would have been on ms, but only the picture from the mag seems to be there.

Yes, typical stupid, uninformed journalist. It has always been John Deacon's name in the credits to that song unlike songs of their last 2 albums where they just wrote Queen.

I am also really excited about the album as I love his attitude about it already :boing:

He seems quite confident:biggrin2:

I can't read it very well. It's too small. Any way to make it bigger? I thought the text would have been on ms, but only the picture from the mag seems to be there.

Here's what it says:

---------

Two minutes with Mika

Which is your favourite Queen song?

'I Want to Break Free'. I saw an interview in which Freddie was asked if the song was about a gay man wanting to come out. He looked at the journalist dismissively, took a drag of his cigarette and told her to go ask John Deacon as he was the one who wrote it.

Which of their songs would you cover?

'It's a Kind of Magic'. It screams energy and freedom and is a crazy cool anthem.

Have you ever been compared to Freddie?

Yes and it's a huge honour. My piano playing was once compared to Freddie's by Brian May.

What are you up to at the moment?

I'm writing the biggest f*ck off album you've ever heard. It's the best thing I've ever done.

you missed a part..

Have you ever been compared to Freddie?

Yes and it's a huge honour. My piano playing was once compared to Freddie's by Brian May.

"and by my fan Suzie..." :shun: (:biggrin2:).. except that Freddie could actually play the piano.:teehee:

Loving the sound of this album, got a fondness for f*** off records:teehee:

Would be great to hear him do A Kind Of Magic, wonder if we'll get lucky on the next tour?

:no: I think there's going to be a song on this album called Suzie Can Kiss My Stinger :shun:

:roftl:

yes, I think those will be extra special songs since he already forgot some of the earlier ones in his portfolio.:naughty:

Archived