New Mika Song in French: "Elle me dit"

mellody

I understand that. But it happens in France and all over the world, if he disappears, the enthusiasm will decrease.

Well as the superfan article has shown this happened a long time ago in the UK. To expand on what I said before, I think France is the only place he could even get away with releasing a quick single and only doing one gig and a couple of interviews to support it. If he tried that in Britain for example I think it would just tank and be a total waste of time.

Since he has been saying that he needs to focus on this album to the point where he can't tweet or write a small magazine article, then obviously he can't drop what he's doing for months in order to support a single in markets where he's been off the radar for a year or even longer.

I really don't know what the solution would be to grab the attention of the whole world right now unless he changes his entire approach to album making. I can only assume that the plan is to save everything up to do a comeback launch with a big single and a completed album.

I'm not saying he doesn't need promotion at all in France, I just think that releasing the first snippet of the new album mainly in France, when there are many fans expecting to hear new material in other countries too, may not help him that much, worldwide. :wink2: Did that make sense?

I don't know about the rest of Europe but I can almost guarantee that only diehard fans in English countries would be interested in this song at all. We generally don't listen to non-English pop music and giving people the impression that Mika has now turned into a French artist could only harm him IMO.

but we are suppose to be hearing it at 7 a.m. as per Barclay Label... thing is, the website they mentioned says at 9 a.m.... now that would be 4 a.m. for us, so i'm just not sure anymore XD

9 am in France is 3 am here.

I really don't know what the solution would be to grab the attention of the whole world right now unless he changes his entire approach to album making. I can only assume that the plan is to save everything up to do a comeback launch with a big single and a completed album.

Yeah, probably! :dunno: Lets wait and see, it's all we can do now, right? :naughty:

I don't know about the rest of Europe but I can almost guarantee that only diehard fans in English countries would be interested in this song at all. We generally don't listen to non-English pop music and giving people the impression that Mika has now turned into a French artist could only harm him IMO.

Exactly my point! :wink2:

Portugal is a very small market for him, comparing to other countries, so we don't even enter the whole marketing equation, but it happens basically the same: english pop music, portuguese pop music and some spanish stuff do well, the rest doesn't even make the tops, and obvioulsy don't get any airplay in the radios. I wouldn't say it can harm him, but it probably doesn't do him any good either. :dunno:

I think only french speaking countries will be happy with this song. In the other places, it won't even be noticed probably, unless it's released as a bonus track in the album. :naughty:

I think only french speaking countries will be happy with this song. In the other places, it won't even be noticed probably, unless it's released as a bonus track in the album. :naughty:

Yes...so he can only promote this song in France. Do you think it's at all feasible for him to release an English song right now? He can't support it with a lot of promo or live dates and common sense would dictate that the best song from the album should be the first single. Does he even have the best song on the album completed? If he did would it be wise to release it now when the album and follow up singles are many months away?

It seems to me that the only options at the moment are to do what he's doing in France or do nothing at all at this point. So there's no harm done by releasing a French song in France only...and in fact this might be his only chance to showcase the French song because when the album launches there will be English singles released in France. :dunno:

Peeps... I just noticed in the page that appears after you log-in on the site...isn't the single gonna be avaiable till the 4th of july?

ScreenShot065.jpg

Yes someone mentioned that earlier (with a tiny screencap I couldn't read :naughty:)

So hopefully no one feels the need to post an mp3 here. :fisch:

Yes...so he can only promote this song in France. Do you think it's at all feasible for him to release an English song right now? He can't support it with a lot of promo or live dates and common sense would dictate that the best song from the album should be the first single. Does he even have the best song on the album prepared? If he did would it be wise to release it now when the album and follow up singles are many months away?

It seems to me that the only options at the moment are to do what he's doing in France or do nothing at all at this point. So there's no harm done by releasing a French song in France only...and in fact this might be his only chance to showcase the French song because when the album launches there will be English singles released in France. :dunno:

Yeah, I know what you mean, and I totally understand that, I just think it could have been done differently, just because it's basically the only thing we'll hear from the new album, before the gigs, something we've been eagerly waiting for (assuming this song will be on the album, of course :teehee:). :wink2:

I'm not expecting him to play Elle Me Dit in Oporto (I'm not that much of a dreamer), but I was expecting something more..."global", even if it was just snippets of a song, something like that. Or maybe release just this song in a way that would please both french audience and the regular worldwide fanbase. Maybe they will release something more, who knows (the "big" news yet to be announced are probably a bit more than this). Anyway, I still hope he includes at least one new song in the setlist, it will be disappointing if he doesn't.

I think the way he did with TBWKTM made it all seem more natural, compared to this, that looks very "forced" and is directed to a specific public, and that's probably what makes me (and maybe other fans) look at this in such a critic way.

We all know France plays a huge roll in his album sales and his gigs there are huge compared to other countries, but as a first new song, I was expecting something different. :wink2:

And, I must say, I was expecting the label to handle this in a better way too...what was that on twitter? Geez! :aah:

**Edit**

Just to finish this: people, don't get me wrong, I'll still be happy with the release of this new single/bonus track/whatever, as I'm dying to hear something new. :naughty: It's just the way it was "promoted" that annoyed me, they made it look like something more global, which was clearly not the case. I'm not blaming Mika (as someone told me on twitter), and I'll certainly won't moan about this until he releases the album, I was just sharing my opinion on this. You know...do some talking while we wait and all... :naughty:

Edited by Mary

9 am in France is 3 am here.

:doh: thanks! :naughty:

And, I must say, I was expecting the label to handle this in a better way too...what was that on twitter? Geez! :aah:

:naughty: The way it was handled on twitter was very unprofessional. You don't promise something before you find out from everyone concerned that it is OK.

I mean, at first, they said it was tomorrow... and we were all happy with that! Sounds like someone got over excited & started promoting it was today without checking first :dunno:

I wonder if anyone got their fingers slapped over this :naughty:

As for releasing a french song, it is a great marketing strategy to sell more tickets for Compiegne... What better way to promote a concert then a new song?

:naughty: The way it was handled on twitter was very unprofessional. You don't promise something before you find out from everyone concerned that it is OK.

I mean, at first, they said it was tomorrow... and we were all happy with that! Sounds like someone got over excited & started promoting it was today without checking first :dunno:

I wonder if anyone got their fingers slapped over this :naughty:

As for releasing a french song, it is a great marketing strategy to sell more tickets for Compiegne... What better way to promote a concert then a new song?

Yep! Unprofessional is really the word. :naughty:

Especially because it was on Twitter, and that spreads the info everywhere. It was not just a couple of people anxious. And, IMHO, it doesn't do Mika any favours seeing that his own label can't handle something like this in a proper way. :wink2:

WELL.....

i tweeted Greg Wells about the song... asking if he was going to wake up to hear in tomorrow and he answered:

@guylainem123 I worked on it - already heard it about 300 times and it's brilliant!!

somehow, i feel reassured! :yay:

WELL.....

i tweeted Greg Wells about the song... asking if he was going to wake up to hear in tomorrow and he answered:

@guylainem123 I worked on it - already heard it about 300 times and it's brilliant!!

somehow, i feel reassured! :yay:

It must have been included in the album sometime this year. He said to me on twitter he wasn't working on this album.

I'm relieve to hear Greg worked on at least one of the songs. I feel reassured too :D

Are there words? I can't hear it just now as I'm at school and I won't be able to at home as I'm the last person on earth with stupid fossilised dialup :P

It must have been included in the album sometime this year. He said to me on twitter he wasn't working on this album.

I'm relieve to hear Greg worked on at least one of the songs. I feel reassured too :D

Are there words? I can't hear it just now as I'm at school and I won't be able to at home as I'm the last person on earth with stupid fossilised dialup :P

if you look back a few pages, you will see a few sentences from the song... but not much to go by

Seems it was probably a good thing I was out of computer reach all day:roftl:

I only need to stay awake 4 hours now to hear the song:mf_rosetinted:

where is that vintage bottle you'be been saving? :lmfao: