Mika @ NRJ Radio tonight from 10 pm - July 7, 2011

mari62

ok the recording worked, i'll try to upload it.

oh smeone already did, then it's ok!

did you download all the audio?

Part three

Cauet: Mika is here !

Cauet: We are going to compare our caps!

Lady in Mika's team: Mika's looks much better. I love his cap, it's terrifis, he bought it in England, it's so cool.

Cauet: Mine is an Olivier (not sure about that ???)

Mika: Johnny Halliday wears lot of them.

Cauet: 'Christian Digier onces, but he should really stop."

Mika: But he's Johnny Halliday.

Cauet: And Rolling Stones t-shirts.

Cauet tries to sing Mika again.

Cauet: He will be in Compiègne on Saturday and Liege on Sunday for a festival

lady in Cauer teamThis is going to be a new style of show

Mika: yes, in Marie Antoinette style.

Cauet: You won't get your head off, I hope.

Mika: No actually I cut al the band's members' heads off and then I wear a Napoleon jacket and you'll see if you come;

Mika: It sounds strange and violent when I tell about it. We might have difficulties with the suits, we only tried them on two days ago., they are not so easy to dance with and we wear tights actually.

Cauet: Then we must expect some crocth problems then ...

Anne Emmanuelle, 15 is on the phone and she loves loves loves loves Mika and she has two questions for him:

_Any duets in the new album?

Mika: yes.but I can't say with whom, ok there will be one with Farell Williams (Neptune)

The tittle sounds like a mix of Daft Punk and Barry White. it's really something cool!

Cauet: you can also make a duet with Serena Williams maybe?

_What about Elle me dit vid?

We will start filming Elle me dit vid next week !

Another fan mail is read and Lucie who will be 14 next week wants Mika to wish her a happy birthday live on the radio is her email is picked , that it would be her best birthday gift ever and Mika wishes her a very happy 14th birthday.

Guillaume is on the phone and says hi to everyone

Mika says he's always afraid of questions out of the blue because he never knows what he is going to be asked...

Cauet team :he knows things about you lol!

Guillaume says he's a big fab and loved Lievin gig that was his Christmas gift from his parents.

He also says he dances country dances on Mika tunes and the team turns Mika songs into country and Mika ends up singing a bit of cotton eyed joe.

Mika asks what song they use and Guillaume says "Big girl, Lollipop, Blame it on the girls"

Mika says Big Girl is based on country rythm on purpose and he tells Cauet about the Butterfly Lounge , an hour away from LA , a club for big girls and men who like big girls.

Guillaume says he played to win a tick and Mika asks him his name so he can be given a tick and says he's giving him a tick :)

Marion is on the phone, she wants to tell Mika he saved her life and saved her from sadness.

Mika says she is very sweet.

Cauet: See Mika, no frightening questions

Mika: Many of my lyrics are sad but the music is very happy , makes you want to dance.

It's maybe a Lebanese mix, you laugh and cry at the same time.

Lady in Cauet team 'As in your new single"

Mika Yes

Young girl on the phone :How old were you when you got your first kiss and in which circonstances did it happen?

Mika: I was fourteen, which is a bit late for today's standards, a week before I turned fifteen, i think it's late.

Cauet: And you Marion,how old where yo when you got your first kiss?

Marion: No kiss yet.

Cauet: How old are you?

Marion: sixteen

Mika: that's cool, sweet sixteen

Cauet: Maybe you wear braces

Marion: Yes

Mika : I wore braces from 12 to 17 but still got kisses

Cauet: and you got stuck

lady in Mika team: you have time

Mika: maybe she's not worried

Marion I'm waiting for the right guy

Cauet: you see, no problem with the questions so far, Mika

Let's hear someone else..

Then a fake fan (member of Cauet's team) doesn't want to give his name and speaks with a theatening voice

Mika: I'm not afraid of your question but I'm afraid of your voice

Man from Mika's team: you kissed me when you were fifteen but you never called me back

Mika "****"

Man from Mika's team

I've also seen you dead drunk more than once in the streets but I want to know why you never called me back

Mika: Because you stink, you were ugly , you had pimples everywhere and you also cut my tongue with your braces

Man from Mika's team: I am very very sad, please sing your new song to make me feel better, I'll just stay in the back if you're looking for me

Cauet: Why don't we listen to Mika live?

Elle me dit starts

I keep on translating

sweetie, is there a place where we can listen to it??

on youtube theres just clips of the interview

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Everybody!

I could be one of the happiest person in the world because I won a ticket for the definitely amazing show in Compiègne on the 9th of August. But now I am too sick, I cannot make the trip to France! I am heartbroken! But if I cannot be there I would like to give my ticket to someone who will enjoy the concert like me - of course for free!

So, if somebody needs this ticket, please write me an E-Mail: sandra.mayer@gfk.com. I will send you the ticket by Mail. It would be a little comfort for me if I know this ticket is used by somebody who adores Mika like I do!

Love, Sandi

Full translation

First part of the interview

Mika!!!

C: Mika, I'm very happy to see you, I'm even going to say it in English "I'm very happy to see you"

Mika: I'm very happy , I'm very proud (in English with a huge French accent) lol! "I'm very proud ,really" (In English with a huge French accent) lol!

So they both start singing "Relax" for a "battle"

Cauet asks for the tune and lyrics

Mika: Relax

Mika : This sentence "Relax, take it easy has a story,the first time I heard it, I was in China, when my sister was a student there, I went to China to visit her and she had met a guy called Brinker in a shop and when he was stressed at work he would always repeat this..

Mika: and now you have the story, we don't need to sing it lol!Cauet team member: Did you give some money to that chinese guy?

Cauet sings and a lady in her team says its' not so bad but he sounds like a duck

Then the real songs is played and Cauet says it's hard to sing Relax

Then they play GK chorus and Cauet asks Mika how his voice can go so high

Mika says his voice is normal

Cauet says "I killed people in the train because I tried to sing GK "

And he tries and Mika tells him the trick is not to sing too loud.

Then they play Rain and Cauet says "When it rains, it rains" in French

Cauet says Mika in on his show and that people will soon hear his new single which is in Frenc "Elle me dit"

The lady in Cauet team says "This song rocks!"

Second part

Cauet In a minute you will hear Mika's new single that you can download on line since July 4th. He will be in Compiègne for a gig on July 9th.

Cauet: Mika, I've said it once already but I'm very happy to meet you. How do you feel yourself about seing me for real?

Mika: It's totally magical.

Cauet: Yes, I 've seen it in your eyes.

Mika: I came from London today and missed my train , so they told me I could take the next one and I ended up sitting in the luggage rack. I wasn't alone there, we were three actually.

Lady in Cauet team: even though you're Mika!

Mika: I was travelling on my own, I had no one from my team: I told them to put me in tjhe train.

Laura is on the phone,she is waiting in front of the radio station , hoping to meet Mika.

She's sad because she couldn't get inside.

Cauet says even Mika shouldn't be in , he should be in the luggage room of the radio station as in the train.

Mika: It would have been funny not to let me in..come on I'm the singer..let me in..

Laura asks her question, she asks what made Mika feel most ashamed

Mika: When my pants split open at the Parc Des Princes as I danced so much! And it was filmed for the DVD!

Cauet: What part of your pants broke?

Mika: Every part, even the crotch, it was awful.

Cauet: So what did you do? Did you hold your pants with your hands?

Mika: Yes.I did for the third song , then I left to change clothes.

Cauet: And I bet people were saying , that's how he makes his voice so high squeezing it!

A member of Cauet team : I knew this is how he could have such a high pictched voice!

Then Cauet mentions Elle me dit and asks Mika to sing Realx and Mika tells him to sing with him but he doesn't want to.

Cauet says people can watch the photos on his twitter and Mika starts singing Relax live.

Cauet: Was the audience a good one?

Mika :Yes, this is a wonderful audience and Cauet makes fun of someone who clapped in his hands too slowly.

Cauet says it is the end of the exams for students and asks Mika what sort of a student he was.

Mika: I was a bizzare student, not awful but strange, like for example I would come to school with disguises and they would send me back home, but for me it was normal to be dressed like that. I would draw clothes, make them and wear them at school. I guess it comes from seing my mother do this everyday, we lived in a loft where she made the clothes and that was natural to us .

I was in a very small school in France, then in London , they kicked me out of the French High School and as they didn't want me any more I decided not to bother with school and I had my first job six months after I left school, as an opera singer.

But my opera teacher was awful as well and I was fed up.

Lady in Cauet team: But you have a classical background, that may be why you can sing so high.

Mika: Maybe.

Cauet: Yes, but some people might take any class and never manage to sing

Lady in Cauet team: You can sing as high as a castrato.

Cauet: But you have kept everything , havent' you?

Mika: Yes, everything is still there. (He laughs)

Cauet: Proof is that it splits your pants during gigs.

Mika tries to sing like a castrato Farinelli with a wierd voice.

Cauet: It sounds like a duck.

Cauet: so then you need to put everything back where it belongs and he asks Mika again if he has everything.

Mika , laughing "yes"

Guillaume in on the phone with a question, Cauet mentions Compiègne again and that Mika's new album will be out in 2012.

Part three

Cauet: Mika is here !

Cauet: We are going to compare our caps!

Lady in Mika's team: Mika's looks much better. I love his cap, it's terrifis, he bought it in England, it's so cool.

Cauet: Mine is an Olivier (not sure about that ???)

Mika: Johnny Halliday wears lot of them.

Cauet: 'Christian Digier onces, but he should really stop."

Mika: But he's Johnny Halliday.

Cauet: And Rolling Stones t-shirts.

Cauet tries to sing Mika again.

Cauet: He will be in Compiègne on Saturday and Liege on Sunday for a festival

lady in Cauer teamThis is going to be a new style of show

Mika: yes, in Marie Antoinette style.

Cauet: You won't get your head off, I hope.

Mika: No actually I cut al the band's members' heads off and then I wear a Napoleon jacket and you'll see if you come;

Mika: It sounds strange and violent when I tell about it. We might have difficulties with the suits, we only tried them on two days ago., they are not so easy to dance with and we wear tights actually.

Cauet: Then we must expect some crocth problems then ...

Anne Emmanuelle, 15 is on the phone and she loves loves loves loves Mika and she has two questions for him:

_Any duets in the new album?

Mika: yes.but I can't say with whom, ok there will be one with Farell Williams (Neptune)

The tittle sounds like a mix of Daft Punk and Barry White. it's really something cool!

Cauet: you can also make a duet with Serena Williams maybe?

_What about Elle me dit vid?

We will start filming Elle me dit vid next week !

Another fan mail is read and Lucie who will be 14 next week wants Mika to wish her a happy birthday live on the radio is her email is picked , that it would be her best birthday gift ever and Mika wishes her a very happy 14th birthday.

Guillaume is on the phone and says hi to everyone

Mika says he's always afraid of questions out of the blue because he never knows what he is going to be asked...

Cauet team :he knows things about you lol!

Guillaume says he's a big fab and loved Lievin gig that was his Christmas gift from his parents.

He also says he dances country dances on Mika tunes and the team turns Mika songs into country and Mika ends up singing a bit of cotton eyed joe.

Mika asks what song they use and Guillaume says "Big girl, Lollipop, Blame it on the girls"

Mika says Big Girl is based on country rythm on purpose and he tells Cauet about the Butterfly Lounge , an hour away from LA , a club for big girls and men who like big girls.

Guillaume says he played to win a tick and Mika asks him his name so he can be given a tick and says he's giving him a tick :)

Marion is on the phone, she wants to tell Mika he saved her life and saved her from sadness.

Mika says she is very sweet.

Cauet: See Mika, no frightening questions

Mika: Many of my lyrics are sad but the music is very happy , makes you want to dance.

It's maybe a Lebanese mix, you laugh and cry at the same time.

Lady in Cauet team 'As in your new single"

Mika Yes

Young girl on the phone :How old were you when you got your first kiss and in which circonstances did it happen?

Mika: I was fourteen, which is a bit late for today's standards, a week before I turned fifteen, i think it's late.

Cauet: And you Marion,how old where yo when you got your first kiss?

Marion: No kiss yet.

Cauet: How old are you?

Marion: sixteen

Mika: that's cool, sweet sixteen

Cauet: Maybe you wear braces

Marion: Yes

Mika : I wore braces from 12 to 17 but still got kisses

Cauet: and you got stuck

lady in Mika team: you have time

Mika: maybe she's not worried

Marion I'm waiting for the right guy

Cauet: you see, no problem with the questions so far, Mika

Let's hear someone else..

Then a fake fan (member of Cauet's team) doesn't want to give his name and speaks with a theatening voice

Mika: I'm not afraid of your question but I'm afraid of your voice

Man from Mika's team: you kissed me when you were fifteen but you never called me back

Mika "****"

Man from Mika's team

I've also seen you dead drunk more than once in the streets but I want to know why you never called me back

Mika: Because you stink, you were ugly , you had pimples everywhere and you also cut my tongue with your braces

Man from Mika's team: I am very very sad, please sing your new song to make me feel better, I'll just stay in the back if you're looking for me

Cauet: Why don't we listen to Mika live?

Mika sings Elle me dit live

Part four

Cauet: Mika live!

Cauet: Mika's new album will be realeased at the begining of 2012, the new single is called Elle me dit, a brand new album filled with surprise

Lady in Mika team : ****, it's too much to wait

Cauet: Will there be French songs?

Mika: the album will be in English, for the French version, there will be five songs in French

Lady in Mika's team: How do you feel when you sing in French? Is it bizarre?

Mika: Yes, a bit, but French is cool because with French I can do things I can't in English, like in the chorus of "Elle me dit" which is "pourquoi tu gâches ta vie?" , you just can't do that in English, the rythm is different because of the French sounds

Lady in Cauet's team: that's really cool that you release songs in French

Cauet: Don't miss Mika's show in Compiègne on July 9th and Sunday in Liège.

Cauet: now Mika, we have a tradition in this show which is called the "twat game".

I will ask you questions and everyone can play but there must be "Mika" in the answer

Cauet: a game in which you must remove one stick without moving the other?

Lady in Mika's team: Mikado

Cauet: That was fast. A country in South America?

Mikaragua

Cauet: I forgot to tell you it's not always perfect

Cauet: the five first notes of music

Do Re Mi Ka Si DO

Mika: do you guys cheat?

Team Cauet: No

Cauet ; a big shop selling furnishure that is impossible to assemble together

Mikea

A med that you take when you hurt yourself on something not to have bruises

Armika

The title of a serie on NRJ12

Physico Chimika

The ad with the beaver folding the foil around the chocolate

Milka

Cauet: Next one is for you , a singer who is ageless and used to sing "sans chemise, sans pantalon..without shirt or trouser"

Mika Zaraî

Cauet the last one is awful, a former X rated movie star who gets naked when she comes to our show

Virgimikapprice

Cauet says "everybody laugh"

Cauet: Mika , a big kiss, that was wonderful to have you, come back any time,but after August 22nd as we're going on holidays

Cauet: Mika was with us tonight

Mika: Thank you

Cauet announces the next person ...

Thank you for your effort on translating everything, Anne! :biggrin2:

And everyone else as well for all these links!

This interview, along with some Romania vids, brought all the :fangurl: in me back! :roftl:

:wub2:Thank you!

Thank you for your effort on translating everything, Anne! :biggrin2:

And everyone else as well for all these links!

This interview, along with some Romania vids, brought all the :fangurl: in me back! :roftl:

You're welcome, I would have missed it if it wasn't for my MFC family, so thanks so much to our wonderful MFCers for the links to audio and vids , Eriko, Nico, Angelique and everyone involved :huglove:

You're welcome, I would have missed it if it wasn't for my MFC family, so thanks so much to our wonderful MFCers for the links to audio and vids , Eriko, Nico, Angelique and everyone involved :huglove:

Merci bien, Anne, pour la traduction....

And thank you everyone else for posting links...

:huglove:

somebody posted last night that Mika said somewhere he will have 5 French bonus tracks on the album.:blink:.. but it is not mentioned in this interview transcription. Did it appear somewhere else or was it some kind of misunderstanding?

somebody posted last night that Mika said somewhere he will have 5 French bonus tracks on the album.:blink:.. but it is not mentioned in this interview transcription. Did it appear somewhere else or was it some kind of misunderstanding?

:blink:

really?? Didn´t he say there were only EMD and Karen?? :blink: and that the whole album would be in english?? (I assume the "bonus" are part of the album)

Once again Mika is saying different things at different interviews :aah:

The Boy Who Lied Too Much :mf_rosetinted:

thanks for all the links and thanks Anne for the translation ( I read it on my phone when I wasnt able to listen to the interview) :flowers2:

it was a really fun interview!!! and great news about the elle me dit vid :biggrin2:

de download link from W-lil, is the entire thing from last night?:teehee:
yes, it's the whole thing :wink2:
yes, in the interview he did say that there will be 5 songs in French as a bonus on the French version of the album :thumb_yello:
He said again that it's an album in English but as a bonus there will be 5 songs in French. He says French helps him do or say things that wouldn't work in English, like he really enjoys the 'Pourquoi tu gâches ta vie' part.

And he said he's working on a duet with Pharell Williams :shocked:

:blink:

really?? Didn´t he say there were only EMD and Karen?? :blink: and that the whole album would be in english?? (I assume the "bonus" are part of the album)

Once again Mika is saying different things at different interviews :aah:

The Boy Who Lied Too Much :mf_rosetinted:

yes, it's the whole thing :wink2:

yes, in the interview he did say that there will be 5 songs in French as a bonus on the French version of the album :thumb_yello:

Probably Anne forgot to transcribe that part

that's why i understood as well :)

Archived