Fanny Ardant rumored to be a guest star in the "Elle me dit" clip

guylainem123

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mika tweeted that he was seeing King Lear and many people had no idea that this was a play, nevermind Shakespeare. These things are all relative and I would not expect that Fanny Ardant is a household name in most countries outside of France if many people in non-English speaking countries do not recognize the name of a Shakespearean play when they see it. I know next to nothing about Fanny Ardent but I'm pretty sure she's not as influential as Shakespeare has been. :dunno:

I love that Kate Nash video so I hope this is a good one. I'm looking forward to it.

Mika tweeted that he was seeing King Lear and many people had no idea that this was a play, nevermind Shakespeare. These things are all relative and I would not expect that Fanny Ardant is a household name in most countries outside of France if many people in non-English speaking countries do not recognize the name of a Shakespearean play when they see it. I know next to nothing about Fanny Ardent but I'm pretty sure she's not as influential as Shakespeare has been. :dunno:

I love that Kate Nash video so I hope this is a good one. I'm looking forward to it.

i recognized her face, but i didn't know her name :naughty:

but again, i'm not a movie buff

Fanny Ardant, mother of charm to Mika

The actress is the heroine of the singer's new clip

Mika performs a 180-degree turn to your new album and offered the services of a star for the occasion. Fanny Ardant will interpretate his mother in a highly anticipated video.

Someone told me that the next clip of Mika would be an event. Just realized and I'm already with my heart full of expectations. The video to accompany the new title ''Elle Me Dit'' of the Lebanese-American artist can surprise the audience. Musically, Mika immersed himself in body and soul into the electronic bidding farewell (for now hopefully) for the pop tart that made him famous. Visually, it's using an icon of French cinema the interpreter of Take It Easy . According to the website of the magazine Télé Loisirs, no less than Fanny Ardant to serve the music of Mika!

As noted by Virginia Sellier, editor of Téléloisirs.fr, on Friday on her Twitter account, the new video was turned. And before discovering the images, we have some details revealed by our colleague, "the video shoot, she said, took place on July 28 in Créteil. The singer and his team had chosen as a decoration a building from the seventies. Kinga Burza is a true benchmark of clips made who has worked with Mika "to set his musical UFO image''. The young director has shown his work with Kate Nash on the title ''Foundations'', La Roux for their ''Quickstand'' or for ''Katy Perry's ''I Kissed A Girl''. But Fanny Ardant on stage in a future hit of Mika was a new challenge for Kinga.

Taking the title texts,''Elle Me Dit'', in the first degree, was not hard to imagine that the French interpreter would ncorporate the role of the young man's mother. In this new title, Mika, as Jacques Dutronc did in his time, list all the blame of a parent to their child. Small criticism of the singer's mother directed to your child at least helped Mika to become what it is today. Fanny Ardant, not necessarily daily lives in the same universe as the pop artist, but in any case case, shares with Mika pretty brown curls, enough to shine almost like the singer's mother. An unexpected collaboration reminds the duo Julien Doré / Catherine Deneuve. The singer had to take off his shoes to put, as the Demoiselle de Rochefort, a pair of roller skates for your clip ''Figures Imposées''.

To Mika, the next song and the album as a whole, are a kind of rebirth. After two albums, all with a pop sound, he joined the electro-dance to seduce his audience. Fans who are still faithful to the artist. During the serious accident of his sister in October 2010, Mika was able to count on the support of his family and his admirers. In December, when the interpreter of ''Relax, Take It Easy'' has his statue in the Museum opened in Grévin Museum, many girls had traveled to cheer their idol in body. With ''Elle Me Dit'', Mika returns the favor and encourages them to do the same, as they wish.

Thanks for posting by the way! So it was filmed a few days ago then! And videos take more than a week to edit I think. So you never know. :mf_rosetinted:

And it says about roller blades, will Mika be wearing roller blades in this? Or did I read it incorrectly? :aah:

Thanks for posting by the way! So it was filmed a few days ago then! And videos take more than a week to edit I think. So you never know. :mf_rosetinted:

And it says about roller blades, will Mika be wearing roller blades in this? Or did I read it incorrectly? :aah:

no, they are talking about this clip (Julien Dore)

Fanny Ardant, mother of charm to Mika

The actress is the heroine of the singer's new clip....

An unexpected collaboration reminds the duo Julien Doré / Catherine Deneuve. .

These words of the article summarize all the above-mentioned.

Good choice , Mika - you`re a star, Fanny is a star too. We`ll see a beautiful duo .

Christine, if someone adult does not know Shakespeare - this is ignorance. There`s nothing to be proud of.

http://www.gala.fr/l_actu/on_ne_parle_que_de_ca/fanny_ardant_maman_de_charme_pour_mika_237893

Fanny Ardant would be Mika's mother in the clip, according to these news, mainly because of her curly brown hair :naughty:

And the music video director would be Kinga Burza:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinga_Burza

t4p:thumb_yello:

all that info makes me think that it's gonna be a pretty great vid:wub2:

I have neverd heard of Fanny Ardante, and I do watch a reasonable amount of movies, ànd I am an Oldling. I guess her fame is mostly in France, Italy and Russia. I think that is the case with so much more French actors and actressess.

:aah:When I was working in the library last week, a woman came to my desk to ask for the book "Hamlet", she said: "but I don't know who wrote it...."

This was more of less the expression of my face:blink:

I have neverd heard of Fanny Ardante, and I do watch a reasonable amount of movies, ànd I am an Oldling. I guess her fame is mostly in France, Italy and Russia. I think that is the case with so much more French actors and actressess.

:aah:When I was working in the library last week, a woman came to my desk to ask for the book "Hamlet", she said: "but I don't know who wrote it...."

Are you sure this wasn`t a joke ? :biggrin2:

Are you sure this wasn`t a joke ? :biggrin2:

No, it definitly wasn't a joke! (And she was an Oldling -older than me even- too!)

AnnaMariaPetra, btw, you have the loveliest avatar I `ve ever seen . Just can`t stop looking at the pic.

Yes thanks, I agree! I found in on the internet somewhere. I also use it as the background on my computerscreen.

Yes, even in the times of USSR, French and Italian films were very popular in Russia and Ukraine :thumb_yello:

Yes, even in the times of USSR, French and Italian films were very popular in Russia and Ukraine :thumb_yello:

..like in most other Eastern European countries. They were more acceptable to the regime than American films, partly because most of them were art movies.

I believe Mika will appear in the video ! No doubt. :thumb_yello: Fanny Ardant - is not a sudden choice too. If she`s his "mom", Mika`s gonna appear as the "son". Otherwise it`s meaningless.

you mean if she is "Mika" and Mika is "mom"?:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

Christine, if someone adult does not know Shakespeare - this is ignorance. There`s nothing to be proud of.

I never said it was something to be proud of. :wink2: Just that I think it's unrealistic to expect that all people who have been raised in different countries to be as familiar with the work of Shakespeare as someone raised in the UK, for example. These things are all relative. I spent my school years studying neuroscience and everything associated with it - math, psychology, biology, etc. I did not spend it studying French movies or Russian literature, etc. I am familiar with all the works of Shakespeare because I am an English speaker so I am surrounded by it in my culture.

It just so happens that I have seen one of Fanny Ardant's movies and recognize her face because of it but she is not even close to approaching a household name in English Canada. I had no idea she was a hugely famous French actress and I would not call anyone in English speaking Canada ignorant for not knowing this because they don't live in a place where her movies are shown. The only reason I saw Elizabeth is that I have a keen interest in Tudor history (and I fancy Joseph Fiennes :teehee:). It wasn't a blockbuster movie in North America by any stretch of the imagination.

Personally I don't rate being familiar with actors as part of any sort of cultural intelligence anyway but maybe that's just me.

I never said it was something to be proud of. :wink2: Just that I think it's unrealistic to expect that all people who have been raised in different countries to be as familiar with the work of Shakespeare as someone raised in the UK, for example. These things are all relative. I spent my school years studying neuroscience and everything associated with it - math, psychology, biology, etc. I did not spend it studying French movies or Russian literature, etc. I am familiar with all the works of Shakespeare because I am an English speaker so I am surrounded by it in my culture.

It just so happens that I have seen one of Fanny Ardant's movies and recognize her face because of it but she is not even close to approaching a household name in English Canada. I had no idea she was a hugely famous French actress and I would not call anyone in English speaking Canada ignorant for not knowing this because they don't live in a place where her movies are shown. The only reason I saw Elizabeth is that I have a keen interest in Tudor history (and I fancy Joseph Fiennes :teehee:). It wasn't a blockbuster movie in North America by any stretch of the imagination.

Personally I don't rate being familiar with actors as part of any sort of cultural intelligence anyway but maybe that's just me.

Well, in Holland you do get lectured about Shakespeare in middle school.

Well, in Holland you do get lectured about Shakespeare in middle school.

To the point where every 35 year old Dutchie knows off the top of their head that King Lear is a Shakespearean play?

Even if that is the case do you expect it's the same in every country? In Spain, in Japan...everywhere?

I'm pretty sure most young French people who are not particularly interested in cinema do not really know Fanny Ardant.. I think we do know her (her name, her looks, her reputation) but have not always watched her movies.. It kind of belongs to another generation now. So I completely understand if foreigners know nothing about her!

About the video clip, I wonder if Mika will be in it too.. And I agree with the person who said Kick Ass and Rain were the vids they preferred up to now, it's exactly the same thing for me :wink2:

Archived