Fanny Ardant rumored to be a guest star in the "Elle me dit" clip

guylainem123

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wish it wasn't "exclusively in France!" It's like the Coco-Cola Happiness Bottle all over again!

No video can be shown exclusively in France especially in the age of the internet. It is just the usual bragging. :cool:

Elle Me Dit was not premiered in Compiégne, either, and neither was it released 'exclusively' in France. It is funny how his French record label tries to put the 'exclusive' label on anything Mika does in France. The sad fact, however, is that there is not enough interest from other countries to release French songs by Mika anywhere else.

Why would tv stations play the video of a song that is not even available in that country? Airplay is usually sponsored by record companies and it has nothing to do with any artists being exclusive to particular countries.

Well... I can asssure you all that Fanny Ardant is the world-famous actress.

I live in Moscow, and she visited Moscow many times for presenting her new movies . She also was a Chairperson at the Moscow International Film Festival last year (or in 2009 - I may be mistaken with dates:blush-anim-cl:)

The other thing about her - she could play a role of Mika`s mom in the video (if rumours are true). She has dark curly (!) hair, expressive eyes, she`s tall and slim. Wow, I can see that !

Well... I can asssure you all that Fanny Ardant is the world-famous actress.

I live in Moscow, and she visited Moscow many times for presenting her new movies . She also was a Chairperson at the Moscow International Film Festival last year (or in 2009 - I may be mistaken with dates:blush-anim-cl:)

The other thing about her - she could play a role of Mika`s mom in the video (if rumours are true). She has dark curly (!) hair, expressive eyes, she`s tall and slim. Wow, I can see that !

I don't think there are many people her in the UK that have heard of her.

I watch a lot of the film shows that are on here, and can't say I've heard her name mentioned on them.

I'm sure in Europe she is well known, but not here.:thumb_yello:

I don't think there are many people her in the UK that have heard of her.

I watch a lot of the film shows that are on here, and can't say I've heard her name mentioned on them.

I'm sure in Europe she is well known, but not here.:thumb_yello:

:shocked: that`s sad. She`s worth it. And I still think that England is a part of Europe, imo. (Much more than Russia)

:shocked: that`s sad. She`s worth it. And I still think that England is a part of Europe, imo. (Much more than Russia)

I did see her in Elizabeth, but didn't know who she was. She is a great actress alright.

Spain is in Europe and I´ve never heard of her either... :aah:

I wonder if Mika entertained her in Paris :naughty:

.... or in a pyjamas party :mf_rosetinted:

Never repeat this in public ! :wink2:

but, seriously - if it `s true and Mika will "get" her in the video - this is a notable thing for us all. Such cooperations always move a singer (actor, writer, model...etc.) to a higher level of recognition. Mika is a genious musician, but still he`s young and his career will grow. And it `s honor for him if some world-famous person (who`s already got general acceptance) appears in his video or during recording. Even for 2 seconds.

Why wouldn't she? I am pretty sure she could similarly mention hundreds of well-known and acknowledged names in film and music you have not even heard of whilst other Europeans consider them to be influential figures in a certain area. The cultural canon is not the same in every country, so just because one has been exposed to more or a different variety of French films in Russia vs what someone else has been in Spain, it does not mean that either of them should be ashamed of not having heard of an artist / writer...etc. :dunno:

Of course, it is different if we are talking about people living in the same country where the group of key works in art, literature..etc are the same and people living there have a more similar chance to be exposed to these. :wink2:

Why wouldn't she? I am pretty sure she could similarly mention hundreds of well-known and acknowledged names in film and music you have not even heard of whilst other Europeans consider them to be influential figures in a certain area. :

I totally disagree - if they are "well-known and acknowledged and influential figures " - I know them all, believe me. That`s the point.

I think you misinterpreted me - yeah I`m a little bit snobbish - but I don`t attack. I`m just surprised - Spain has great movie culture and legacy such as P. Almodovar... Well, maybe I`m too demanding:emot-sad:

I totally disagree - if they are "well-known and acknowledged and influential figures " - I know them all, believe me. That`s the point.

:dunno: ok, I don't want to test it but maybe @basicamenteyo will..:teehee:

I think you misinterpreted me - yeah I`m a little bit snobbish - but I don`t attack. I`m just surprised - Spain has great movie culture and legacy such as P. Almodovar... Well, maybe I`m too demanding:emot-sad:

oh, I didn't find your post attacking at all, but I wondered how others not having heard of the name of a particular well-known French actress might have felt about the fact that they should have been aware of her.

My impression is that in Russia as well as in other Eastern European countries like mine, there is a lot of emphasis on people from an early age familiarizing themselves with the central works of literature, music, film and art. However, what is considered to be an important work in our countries might be totally unknown in some Western European countries. Here we have also been exposed to a lot of French and Italian films from the 50s, 60s and 70s, for example, but I can totally imagine that in the UK there has been more emphasis on American movies and there may be several American musicals from the 30s, for example, neither of us has heard of yet I wouldn't accept them to consider it something that is missing from my education :dunno:.

...although everything is relative and there are things I do consider to be an essential part of one's general knowledge and I :rolls_eyes: when such trivia info is not known. :teehee:

:wheelchair: and i`m too old .....

:roftl: maybe I am, too. I consider that an advantage.:biggrin2:

Fanny Ardant, mother of charm to Mika

The actress is the heroine of the singer's new clip

Mika performs a 180-degree turn to your new album and offered the services of a star for the occasion. Fanny Ardant will interpretate his mother in a highly anticipated video.

Someone told me that the next clip of Mika would be an event. Just realized and I'm already with my heart full of expectations. The video to accompany the new title ''Elle Me Dit'' of the Lebanese-American artist can surprise the audience. Musically, Mika immersed himself in body and soul into the electronic bidding farewell (for now hopefully) for the pop tart that made him famous. Visually, it's using an icon of French cinema the interpreter of Take It Easy . According to the website of the magazine Télé Loisirs, no less than Fanny Ardant to serve the music of Mika!

As noted by Virginia Sellier, editor of Téléloisirs.fr, on Friday on her Twitter account, the new video was turned. And before discovering the images, we have some details revealed by our colleague, "the video shoot, she said, took place on July 28 in Créteil. The singer and his team had chosen as a decoration a building from the seventies. Kinga Burza is a true benchmark of clips made who has worked with Mika "to set his musical UFO image''. The young director has shown his work with Kate Nash on the title ''Foundations'', La Roux for their ''Quickstand'' or for ''Katy Perry's ''I Kissed A Girl''. But Fanny Ardant on stage in a future hit of Mika was a new challenge for Kinga.

Taking the title texts,''Elle Me Dit'', in the first degree, was not hard to imagine that the French interpreter would ncorporate the role of the young man's mother. In this new title, Mika, as Jacques Dutronc did in his time, list all the blame of a parent to their child. Small criticism of the singer's mother directed to your child at least helped Mika to become what it is today. Fanny Ardant, not necessarily daily lives in the same universe as the pop artist, but in any case case, shares with Mika pretty brown curls, enough to shine almost like the singer's mother. An unexpected collaboration reminds the duo Julien Doré / Catherine Deneuve. The singer had to take off his shoes to put, as the Demoiselle de Rochefort, a pair of roller skates for your clip ''Figures Imposées''.

To Mika, the next song and the album as a whole, are a kind of rebirth. After two albums, all with a pop sound, he joined the electro-dance to seduce his audience. Fans who are still faithful to the artist. During the serious accident of his sister in October 2010, Mika was able to count on the support of his family and his admirers. In December, when the interpreter of ''Relax, Take It Easy'' has his statue in the Museum opened in Grévin Museum, many girls had traveled to cheer their idol in body. With ''Elle Me Dit'', Mika returns the favor and encourages them to do the same, as they wish.

excuse me???? :boxed:

Why wouldn't she? I am pretty sure she could similarly mention hundreds of well-known and acknowledged names in film and music you have not even heard of whilst other Europeans consider them to be influential figures in a certain area. The cultural canon is not the same in every country, so just because one has been exposed to more or a different variety of French films in Russia vs what someone else has been in Spain, it does not mean that either of them should be ashamed of not having heard of an artist / writer...etc. :dunno:

Of course, it is different if we are talking about people living in the same country where the group of key works in art, literature..etc are the same and people living there have a more similar chance to be exposed to these. :wink2:

Thanks Suzie...

You mentioned Pedro Almodóvar.. believe me, he is the LESS influencial director here in Spain, so as Suzie said before, you know what the "international" press show... and here in Spain (and maybe due to politics issues) our press never gives us many info about frenchies... Sorry to disappoint you, but never heard of her,and won´t surf the net to know her, she´s gonna act in Mika´s vid and that´s all I need to know about her...

The video to accompany the new title ''Elle Me Dit'' of the Lebanese-American artist can surprise the audience. Musically, Mika immersed himself in body and soul into the electronic bidding farewell (for now hopefully) for the pop tart that made him famous.

:blink:

Anyway, I hope - and it seems - that we will finally get a great video from him. :teehee:

Archived