The Homework Thread! ;D xD

qwurtie

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:aah: I JUST HATE MOLES! (CGP books are awesome ;D) but apparently you cant get full marks if you dont work it out using moles...? :blink::boxed: But I think I understand moles better now so I'll try again... soon xD

Clever clogs! :P (For your GCSE?? :o)

I didn't use moles either, and it worked for me :biggrin2: I found a simple way to do it, but I can't remember it now :roftl:

Yep. Sheer fluke :naughty:

I need help with electolysis stuffs. It's so confusing!! :o I dont like Chemistry! .-.

I didn't use moles either, and it worked for me :biggrin2: I found a simple way to do it, but I can't remember it now :roftl:

Yep. Sheer fluke :naughty:

I shall try to explain ;]

basically, you get the relative formula mass (Mr) of the known substance AND the Mr of the one youre trying to find out.

Then you divide both Mrs by the Mr of the known substance.

And then you times both by the mass of the known substance you had at the begining.

By doing that you should come up with the mass of the unknown substance!

Did you kinda get that? :aah:

What subjects are you taking for A levels? Where in the UK do you live? xD

Sociology :tongue2:

I love Sociology, I guess we haven't covered that subject yet though :naughty:

I need help with electolysis stuffs. It's so confusing!! :o I dont like Chemistry! .-.

I shall try to explain ;]

basically, you get the relative formula mass (Mr) of the known substance AND the Mr of the one youre trying to find out.

Then you divide both Mrs by the Mr of the known substance.

And then you times both by the mass of the known substance you had at the begining.

By doing that you should come up with the mass of the unknown substance!

Did you kinda get that? :aah:

What subjects are you taking for A levels? Where in the UK do you live? xD

I can help with electrolysis, I think I get it :teehee:

And thanks, I do understand. BUT today in chemistry we were introduced to a whole new topic about moles, so it seems they are impossible to avoid :aah:

I'm not 100% sure where I'm gonna go for 6th form yet, but I should be taking chemistry (hahahaa), english language, psychology, possibly law or music. :biggrin2:

It depend if I stay at my school or go to Hereford.

I live in South Wales. Woop woop. xD

I love Sociology, I guess we haven't covered that subject yet though :naughty:

I can help with electrolysis, I think I get it :teehee:

And thanks, I do understand. BUT today in chemistry we were introduced to a whole new topic about moles, so it seems they are impossible to avoid :aah:

I'm not 100% sure where I'm gonna go for 6th form yet, but I should be taking chemistry (hahahaa), english language, psychology, possibly law or music. :biggrin2:

It depend if I stay at my school or go to Hereford.

I live in South Wales. Woop woop. xD

huhhhhh??? ah, I thought you were already in 6th form! xD You in year 11? ;o

:aah: I understand what happens and everything I'm just getting confused about how to write the equations ><

huhhhhh??? ah, I thought you were already in 6th form! xD You in year 11? ;o

:aah: I understand what happens and everything I'm just getting confused about how to write the equations ><

Ha, no I'm just doing extension chemistry so maybe that confused you :teehee:

Yep, year 11. Ugh.

Fair enough, what exactly do you mean? :biggrin2:

Ha, no I'm just doing extension chemistry so maybe that confused you :teehee:

Yep, year 11. Ugh.

Fair enough, what exactly do you mean? :biggrin2:

what is that?? :aah: Have you got your GCSEs yet? :-o ya, i'm comfused! xD

it's okay xDD

what is that?? :aah: Have you got your GCSEs yet? :-o ya, i'm comfused! xD

it's okay xDD

aha, okay I'm making this seem more complicated than it actually is :naughty:

I took separate sciences, so I've already finished the chem GCSE course that the other sets will do by the end of the year. I haven't finished any other GCSE's though. :biggrin2:

(so I'm not a child prodigy or anything, don't worry :naughty:)

aha, okay I'm making this seem more complicated than it actually is :naughty:

I took separate sciences, so I've already finished the chem GCSE course that the other sets will do by the end of the year. I haven't finished any other GCSE's though. :biggrin2:

(so I'm not a child prodigy or anything, don't worry :naughty:)

Oh I do that too but I guess we do it different! xD I've only finished 50% of each Science gcse. What examboard do you use?

I need help writing a personal statement for 6th form D:

When have you got to do it by?

We get a whole day to do ours at school, and I think it's next week, so I may be able to help then. :) But someone else can probably help sooner. :blush-anim-cl:

Someone help me?

This is the statement. Translate using Google translator.

This is Mathematics B (10th form)

img2767ry.jpg

Consider two boxes based on a table with a quadrangular perisma form of regular and one shaped like a cylinder, both with 30 cm high.

It is known that the bases of the cylindrical box are 7 cm in radius and volume of the prism is 4320 cm3. Do you seek to line the boxes with paper. which of the boxes will spend more paper? Presents the calculations.

Tnks :roftl:

When have you got to do it by?

We get a whole day to do ours at school, and I think it's next week, so I may be able to help then. :) But someone else can probably help sooner. :blush-anim-cl:

We were suppose to do one for work expeirence but I didnt do it .-. Um, asap. xD Thanks...if you can then okay but if I've already done it, I'll update this thread ;D

Someone help me?

This is the statement. Translate using Google translator.

This is Mathematics B (10th form)

img2767ry.jpg

Consider two boxes based on a table with a quadrangular perisma form of regular and one shaped like a cylinder, both with 30 cm high.

It is known that the bases of the cylindrical box are 7 cm in radius and volume of the prism is 4320 cm3. Do you seek to line the boxes with paper. which of the boxes will spend more paper? Presents the calculations.

Tnks :roftl:

I dont fully understand. Do you just have to work out which shape is bigger? And which will need more paper to make?

Oh I do that too but I guess we do it different! xD I've only finished 50% of each Science gcse. What examboard do you use?

Everything is different in Wales :mf_rosetinted:

Urrrmmmmmmm.

AQA? But each science is different as well, in chemistry we've done loaaaads more than biology. :biggrin2:

That will take more paper. For this I have to measure the area of ​​both figures.

I hope this is what you meant. My brother had to help a bit with the cuboid (his calculations are at the top of the 1st page :P) anyhows...

it's not letting me upload it! D: one minute..

I hope you can read that! And I hope it makes sense. Feel free to ask anymore questions (:

(it's a lot more fun doing other peoples h wrk than your own :P)

EDIT: right the answer for the cylinder is 1472.47cm (squared). Sorry! Calculations are right but I mustve tapped in the wrong numbers on my calculator! :/

Nope, I missed a whole bit out! D: I suck at being a teacher. I thought thefive hundred0 didnt look right! :P sorryyyyy

post-18082-142983696198_thumb.jpg

post-18082-142983696215_thumb.jpg

post-18082-142983696232_thumb.jpg

Edited by qwurtie