The Homework Thread! ;D xD

qwurtie

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

omg this is so frustrating! anybody good at physics? (I thought I was :blink: )

An object of weight 2.0N fired vertically upwards from a catapult reaches a max height of 5.0m. Calculate:

the kinetic energy of the object when it left the catapult

Kinetic energy (J) = 1/2 x mass (kg) x speed squared (m/s)squared

HOW DO YOU WORK OUT ITS SPEED?!

:blink:

omg this is so frustrating! anybody good at physics? (I thought I was :blink: )

An object of weight 2.0N fired vertically upwards from a catapult reaches a max height of 5.0m. Calculate:

the kinetic energy of the object when it left the catapult

Kinetic energy (J) = 1/2 x mass (kg) x speed squared (m/s)squared

HOW DO YOU WORK OUT ITS SPEED?!

:blink:

Rearrange the equation? So

speed sqaured = kinetic energy divided by 1/2 x mass

Then square root the red bit?

Edited by astor

Rearrange the equation? So

speed sqaured = kinetic energy divided by 1/2 x mass

Then square root the red bit?

And what IS the kinetic energy? :mf_rosetinted:

:aah: That's what theyre asking for :P I know what to do I just need the speed (or the speed squared) and I dont know how to get it :aah:

And what IS the kinetic energy? :mf_rosetinted:

:aah: That's what theyre asking for :P I know what to do I just need the speed (or the speed squared) and I dont know how to get it :aah:

Good point :mf_rosetinted:

Ughh, I tried and I can't do it :tears:

Edited by astor

Good point :mf_rosetinted:

Does this make sense?

Because the object starts off with zero J kinetic energy, and comes to rest on the ground at the end with zero J kinetic energy, this means that...

EDITING IN PROGRESS

:aah: :aah: :aah:

I think it would make most sense if the answer WAS zero...but I know it's not. (Or maybe it is :sneaky2::aah: ) I wish I could ask my physics teacher already! :aah:

Ohgod.. first thing I read is Kinetic energy.. Physics.. Yucckk!!!!

I love physics :pinkbow: Sometimes :mf_rosetinted:

:aah: :aah: :aah:

I think it would make most sense if the answer WAS zero...but I know it's not. (Or maybe it is :sneaky2::aah: ) I wish I could ask my physics teacher already! :aah:

I love physics :pinkbow: Sometimes :mf_rosetinted:

I don't think it's zero.

The only thing I can think of is:

A=catapult

B=5m height

C=end/floor/wtevs

Because the object starts off with zero J kinetic energy, and hits B at zero J kinetic energy, and comes to rest on the ground at the end with zero J kinetic energy, this means that it needed the same amount of energy to get from A to B, as it did to get from B to C.

We know the force of gravity (10m/s/s) so we can work out the speed, which would be 10m/s. Which, if this guess is right, would be equal to the speed going UP.

But I have a feeling I completely made it up. :dunno:

I don't think it's zero.

The only thing I can think of is:

A=catapult

B=5m height

C=end/floor/wtevs

Because the object starts off with zero J kinetic energy, and hits B at zero J kinetic energy, and comes to rest on the ground at the end with zero J kinetic energy, this means that it needed the same amount of energy to get from A to B, as it did to get from B to C.

We know the force of gravity (10m/s/s) so we can work out the speed, which would be 10m/s. Which, if this guess is right, would be equal to the speed going UP.

But I have a feeling I completely made it up. :dunno:

I got that too! And my mum...the reason being it would be the gravitational potential energy if it was at five metres :P so that's probably wrong :aah:

And gravity is N.....the 10m/s/s would be acceleration xD

Wait, why would it hit B at zero KE? :aah:

There was a point i) to that question which was.... calculate the gain of gravitational potential energy

which I got: 2 Newtons x five metres equals 10J (sorry buttons dont work on the keyboard :/)

GPE equals weight x gain in height

And then for the 2nd bit this is how far I got:

1/2 x 0.2 x then I was stuck xD

I got that too! And my mum...the reason being it would be the gravitational potential energy if it was at five metres :P so that's probably wrong :aah:

And gravity is N.....the 10m/s/s would be acceleration xD

Wait, why would it hit B at zero KE? :aah:

Well it peaks at B because it runs out of kinetic energy, so in that single

instant that it stops going one direction and starts going another, it is still. So it has no kinetic energy? :dunno:

There was a point i) to that question which was.... calculate the gain of gravitational potential energy

which I got: 2 Newtons x five metres equals 10J (sorry buttons dont work on the keyboard :/)

GPE equals weight x gain in height

And then for the 2nd bit this is how far I got:

1/2 x 0.2 x then I was stuck xD

:dunno:

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone French be alble to translate this for me? With the questions too? I'd be so grateful :blush-anim:cl:

1.Where do you usually go on holiday?

Usually, me and my family go to Spain if we find a nice hotel. I like going to Spain but I would love to visit France one day because I have never been for more than a day.

2. Where would you go if you could afford it? Why?

If I could afford it I would always be on holiday in a new place every month! I'd travel Europe and I'd also take my parents wherever they wanted to go as they deserve time off too because they work very hard. If only I won the lottery... it would be fantastic!

3. What kind of destination you like and why?

It depends on the weather I think! Usually if it's really hot I like to go somewhere I can sunbathe all day and get a tan whilst laying beside the pool. Last year it snowed when we went on holiday, so I didn't spend my holiday sunbathing! Also, if it's warm I like to explore the towns nearby because I find them interesting and so do my parents. I don't particularly like busy places because I like peace and quiet!

4. Where did you go on holiday last year? Where did you want to go and what activites would you have liked to have tried?

Last year we went to Greece for 2 weeks and it was lovely! Although I enjoyed Greece, I thought we were going to Iceland but the volcano errupted so we didn't go! I would have liked to have tried mountain climbing in Greece but my mum said it was too dangerous. The weather was really hot and sunny, it was never cold even at night!

5. Where there any problems on holiday?

There weren't many problems this year but we lost my sister at the airport before we went! We found her in time though! Also, the television in our hotel room was broken and there was a huge cockroach in the toilet. It was scary!

6. What will you do on next years holiday?

I have only been to Ibiza once and I can't really remember so I would like to go again! I'd love to go horse riding on the beach and maybe drive a boat! It would be amazing. We will stay in a nice hotel by the sea and hopefully I will learn more spanish.

7. What would your dream holiday be?

My dream holiday would never end! I would probably go to Greece like I did last year and have a villa with a private pool. I would try all the local food and see all the sights and visit all the shops! Also, I would love to learn the language and talk to the Greek people I meet. It would be wonderful. Maybe one day my dream holiday will happen!

Would anyone French be alble to translate this for me? With the questions too? I'd be so grateful :blush-anim:cl:

1.Where do you usually go on holiday?

Usually, me and my family go to Spain if we find a nice hotel. I like going to Spain but I would love to visit France one day because I have never been for more than a day.

2. Where would you go if you could afford it? Why?

If I could afford it I would always be on holiday in a new place every month! I'd travel Europe and I'd also take my parents wherever they wanted to go as they deserve time off too because they work very hard. If only I won the lottery... it would be fantastic!

3. What kind of destination you like and why?

It depends on the weather I think! Usually if it's really hot I like to go somewhere I can sunbathe all day and get a tan whilst laying beside the pool. Last year it snowed when we went on holiday, so I didn't spend my holiday sunbathing! Also, if it's warm I like to explore the towns nearby because I find them interesting and so do my parents. I don't particularly like busy places because I like peace and quiet!

4. Where did you go on holiday last year? Where did you want to go and what activites would you have liked to have tried?

Last year we went to Greece for 2 weeks and it was lovely! Although I enjoyed Greece, I thought we were going to Iceland but the volcano errupted so we didn't go! I would have liked to have tried mountain climbing in Greece but my mum said it was too dangerous. The weather was really hot and sunny, it was never cold even at night!

5. Where there any problems on holiday?

There weren't many problems this year but we lost my sister at the airport before we went! We found her in time though! Also, the television in our hotel room was broken and there was a huge cockroach in the toilet. It was scary!

6. What will you do on next years holiday?

I have only been to Ibiza once and I can't really remember so I would like to go again! I'd love to go horse riding on the beach and maybe drive a boat! It would be amazing. We will stay in a nice hotel by the sea and hopefully I will learn more spanish.

7. What would your dream holiday be?

My dream holiday would never end! I would probably go to Greece like I did last year and have a villa with a private pool. I would try all the local food and see all the sights and visit all the shops! Also, I would love to learn the language and talk to the Greek people I meet. It would be wonderful. Maybe one day my dream holiday will happen!

omg, you didnt even try...at all! :shocked::aah:

SPANISH

heyyyy....could someone read over this for me, and tell me if I have any spelling mistakes etc also, if I repeated myself or anything xD or if it's not paragraphed/set out very well could you edit it for me :P

(I'm lying about wanting to go uni is Spain ::mf_rosetinted:)

Ok, it's probably really basic, 8 year old type, Spanish... for native speakers :o but it'll hopefully get me an A :aah:

Hola, mi nombre es Hiba. Voy a hablar de mis prácticas laborales. Hice mis prácticas laborales en granja en la ciudad, se llamo Vauxhall City Farm. Trabaje con animales de granja. Trabajo durante ocho días en Julio, trabaje de las 9 a las 4. Cada día tenía que coger el metro para llegar. El metro a veces estaba lleno y a veces yo estaba tarde.

Todos los días empezaba a las nueve y terminaba a las cuatro. Tenia un descanso a las diez durnate trenta minutos. La hora de comer era de doce y media a una y media. Para comer, iba a la parque. Aves comia patatas fritas. Me gusta!

Yo trabajaba con me amigo la mayoría de el dia, me encantaría volver a hacerlo. Alimentaba las animales y limpraba la cuadra. El trabajo fue duro pero también fue divertido. Me encanta trabajar al aire libre y con animales. Me trabajo favorito ero alimentar pollos. Lo mejor de ser granjero es trabajar con animales.

En el futuro quiro trabajar con animales y me gustaría estudiar en la universidad España. Quiro haber mucho dinero viajar por el mundo. Me gustaría tener experiencia en una granjas mas grande. El verano próximo voy a trabajar clínica veterinaria. Después de hacer el bachillerato, me gustaría tomar un ano libre en Europa.

Thanks! I need it for school tomorrow,(so if someone could reply quickly, that'd be great :teehee: )

PS: I'vce kind forgotten some of what Ive writtenn so ya :aah:

Edited by qwurtie

:naughty:

At least make it LOOK like you tried :teehee:

ya, haha xD

Btw, I did get the answer....it was 10. But I've forgotten the explantion....and question. One sec :aah:

EDIT: Ive actually forgotten his explantion :blink::boxed: but he said in the case of that question the kinetic does equal GPE. :P

Edited by qwurtie

ya, haha xD

Btw, I did get the answer....it was 10. But I've forgotten the explantion....and question. One sec :aah:

EDIT: Ive actually forgotten his explantion :blink::boxed: but he said in the case of that question the kinetic does equal GPE. :P

I've forgotten the whole thing now :aah:

Oh well. It's only physics. :pinkbow:

SPANISH

heyyyy....could someone read over this for me, and tell me if I have any spelling mistakes etc also, if I repeated myself or anything xD or if it's not paragraphed/set out very well could you edit it for me :P

(I'm lying about wanting to go uni is Spain ::mf_rosetinted:)

Ok, it's probably really basic, 8 year old type, Spanish... for native speakers :o but it'll hopefully get me an A :aah:

Hola, mi nombre es Hiba. Voy a hablar de mis prácticas laborales. Hice mis prácticas laborales en granja en la ciudad, se llamo Vauxhall City Farm. Trabaje con animales de granja. Trabajo durante ocho días en Julio, trabaje de las 9 a las 4. Cada día tenía que coger el metro para llegar. El metro a veces estaba lleno y a veces yo estaba tarde.

Todos los días empezaba a las nueve y terminaba a las cuatro. Tenia un descanso a las diez durnate trenta minutos. La hora de comer era de doce y media a una y media. Para comer, iba a la parque. Aves comia patatas fritas. Me gusta!

Yo trabajaba con me amigo la mayoría de el dia, me encantaría volver a hacerlo. Alimentaba las animales y limpraba la cuadra. El trabajo fue duro pero también fue divertido. Me encanta trabajar al aire libre y con animales. Me trabajo favorito ero alimentar pollos. Lo mejor de ser granjero es trabajar con animales.

En el futuro quiro trabajar con animales y me gustaría estudiar en la universidad España. Quiro haber mucho dinero viajar por el mundo. Me gustaría tener experiencia en una granjas mas grande. El verano próximo voy a trabajar clínica veterinaria. Después de hacer el bachillerato, me gustaría tomar un ano libre en Europa.

Thanks! I need it for school tomorrow,(so if someone could reply quickly, that'd be great :teehee: )

PS: I'vce kind forgotten some of what Ive writtenn so ya :aah:

Hii! I'm Spanish so I think I can help you :thumb_yello:

"Hola, mi nombre es Hiba. Voy a hablar de mis prácticas laborales. Hice mis prácticas laborales en una granja en la ciudad, se llamaba Vauxhall City Farm. Trabajé con animales de granja. Trabajo (that it's correct if you want to talk in the present, if you want to talk in the past, you have to say "trabajé" ) durante ocho días en Julio, trabajé de las 9 a las 4. Cada día tenía que coger el metro para llegar. El metro a veces estaba lleno y a veces yo llegaba/hacía (both are correct) tarde.

Todos los días empezaba a las nueve y terminaba a las cuatro. Tenía un descanso a las diez de trenta minutos. La hora de comer era de doce y media a una y media. Para comer, iba a la parque. Aves comia patatas fritas. Me gustan!

Yo trabajaba con mi amigo la mayoría de el día, me encantaría volver a hacerlo. Alimentaba los animales y limpiaba la cuadra. El trabajo fue duro pero también fue divertido. Me encanta trabajar al aire libre y con animales. Mi trabajo favorito era alimentar pollos. Lo mejor de ser granjero es trabajar con animales.

En el futuro quiero trabajar con animales y me gustaría estudiar en la universidad en España. Quiero tener mucho dinero y viajar por el mundo. Me gustaría tener experiencia en una granja más grande. El próximo verano voy a trabajar en una clínica veterinaria. Después de hacer el bachillerato, me gustaría tomar un año libre en Europa. "

Congratss! It's absolutely amazing!! You have a very good spanish!!

Hope I help you and good luck!

Hope you can come here soon! :wink2:

Hii! I'm Spanish so I think I can help you :thumb_yello:

Congratss! It's absolutely amazing!! You have a very good spanish!!

Hope I help you and good luck!

Hope you can come here soon! :wink2:

aaahh, thank you so much! :huglove::wub2:

My Spanish is awful really....I got help from books and a Spanish teacher but hopefully I'll improve :biggrin2::aah:

Thanks again! :huglove: I cant explain how greatful I am! (:

PS. I hope I can as well :3

art coursework!

would anybody like to wrap themselves (or pets up/or anyone xD) up and send me a pic? I need it for my art coursework. would be grateful if anybody could :3

my art theme is 'wrapped'...and im concentrating on mummies etc so ya

thanks xD

Edited by qwurtie

art coursework!

would anybody like to wrap themselves (or pets up/or anyone xD) up and send me a pic? I need it for my art coursework. would be grateful if anybody could :3

my art theme is 'wrapped'...and im concentrating on mummies etc so ya

thanks xD

A few days ago I drew this

316252_250786971646527_100001456779406_727305_1553494981_n.jpg