The Homework Thread! ;D xD

qwurtie

yes i know it :aah:

oh, nevermind. i guess it's better to leave it... thanks for the help:huglove:

do you mean the formula: pV=nRT?

so p=nRT/V

Whenever the pressure rises, for that formula to still work, your volume needs to decrease. And the other way around.

I helps to see the pressure as you trying to push for example air together. --> the volume decreases, and if you let the air "loose" it spreads again, so the volume is bigger again.

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you mean the formula: pV=nRT?

so p=nRT/V

Whenever the pressure rises, for that formula to still work, your volume needs to decrease. And the other way around.

I helps to see the pressure as you trying to push for example air together. --> the volume decreases, and if you let the air "loose" it spreads again, so the volume is bigger again.

oh thanks you get it.i was so upsat how explain it.

well i found the gas pressure formula but it's like this one :

gas pressure= liquid pressure + air pressure so => p=pgh+p0

it based on this glass,do you guys know it?

p28.jpg it's persian,i know :aah:

now i don't understand how the air pressure works here?:blink:

i am so so sorry...

Could someone please give me ideas for a short story that I have to do for English.Please? I'm already late in handing it in :tears: (Due to not knowing what to make the story about)

have you already done the story???

if not, how about write about the best place you've been to???

Today in the morning somebody wrote about a physics project. I didn't find the post...but I can give the person some ideas:

1. y=You should think about what part of the physics you like most . (Personally I love solid state and quantum mechanics)

2. Try to do an experiment testing some physics law ( It's more interesting and you can take photos).

3. repeat the experiment 2 or 3 times....and try to show graphic information.

As a suggestions I recommend (I did all the experiments):

1. Archimedes Law: take and measure your body weight with a dynamometer and consider the actual weight of the body. with the body attached to the dynamometer enter it in a container with water and note the apparent weight value. determine the thrust and

push = actual weight - apparent weight.

place a test tube using a volume of water. and write as the initial volume. then dip the body into the cylinder and record the new volume .... then subtract the initial volume minus end and determines the weight of the fluid dislodged DVG P = where P is the weight, D is the density, V is volume and g is the acceleration of gravity. you get the same result...

2. pove the reflection or refracction law: you can use a mirror and 3 pins (needles)... I don't know how to put the images when I learn I gonna show you.

3. simulation of a Black body(Quantum mechanics).... you can use a bulb like a black body and increase the quantity of volts and measure the temperature of the bulb and you can use the planck law.

and my favorite one

4, Measuring the speed of light : You only need a microwave ,a rule and cheese!!!:biggrin2: put the cheese in the microwave without the plate (we need not turn) and and waves will be formed in the cheese and you can measure with the rule and multiply by the rate at which the microwave works normally is in the back the result should be a number near to velocity of light (300,000 m/s aproximately).

PD. English is not my official language, I tried to be clear. but if somebody find a mistake please correct me . I Will be glad. I hope to serve you...:biggrin2:

Today in the morning somebody wrote about a physics project. I didn't find the post...but I can give the person some ideas:

1. y=You should think about what part of the physics you like most . (Personally I love solid state and quantum mechanics)

2. Try to do an experiment testing some physics law ( It's more interesting and you can take photos).

3. repeat the experiment 2 or 3 times....and try to show graphic information.

As a suggestions I recommend (I did all the experiments):

1. Archimedes Law: take and measure your body weight with a dynamometer and consider the actual weight of the body. with the body attached to the dynamometer enter it in a container with water and note the apparent weight value. determine the thrust and

push = actual weight - apparent weight.

place a test tube using a volume of water. and write as the initial volume. then dip the body into the cylinder and record the new volume .... then subtract the initial volume minus end and determines the weight of the fluid dislodged DVG P = where P is the weight, D is the density, V is volume and g is the acceleration of gravity. you get the same result...

2. pove the reflection or refracction law: you can use a mirror and 3 pins (needles)... I don't know how to put the images when I learn I gonna show you.

3. simulation of a Black body(Quantum mechanics).... you can use a bulb like a black body and increase the quantity of volts and measure the temperature of the bulb and you can use the planck law.

and my favorite one

4, Measuring the speed of light : You only need a microwave ,a rule and cheese!!!:biggrin2: put the cheese in the microwave without the plate (we need not turn) and and waves will be formed in the cheese and you can measure with the rule and multiply by the rate at which the microwave works normally is in the back the result should be a number near to velocity of light (300,000 m/s aproximately).

PD. English is not my official language, I tried to be clear. but if somebody find a mistake please correct me . I Will be glad. I hope to serve you...:biggrin2:

wow:shocked: thank you so much! :teehee:

but I dunno if I need experiment for that, but I'll think! thank you again.

wow:shocked: thank you so much! :teehee:

but I dunno if I need experiment for that, but I'll think! thank you again.

I spoke about the experiment because is easier to do an experiment that make a theoric project. for theoric p. you need very solid knowledge about the theme and a good mathematic performance. now I think...you can do a simulation too....a lot of things come to my mind :teehee:.... I'm a Physics student:aah:

I spoke about the experiment because is easier to do an experiment that make a theoric project. for theoric p. you need very solid knowledge about the theme and a good mathematic performance. now I think...you can do a simulation too....a lot of things come to my mind :teehee:.... I'm a Physics student:aah:

I have a physics exam tomorrow!

I'll bear that in mind :naughty:

oh thanks you get it.i was so upsat how explain it.

well i found the gas pressure formula but it's like this one :

gas pressure= liquid pressure + air pressure so => p=pgh+p0

it based on this glass,do you guys know it?

p28.jpg it's persian,i know :aah:

now i don't understand how the air pressure works here?:blink:

i am so so sorry...

I'm not sure what the left part of that thing is supposed to be? is it closed on the left side and then open on the right?

Hey, my friend asked me if I could ask someone to 'mark' her french work. I have no idea what it says...something about healthy eating, maybe? :aah:

Anyhows, if anybody could check it, it'd be much appreciated!

French presentation:

J’ai fait mon stage chez un dentiste pendant deux semaines au mois de juillet. A mon avis c’était très intéressant. J’ai trouvé le stage moi –même parce que je suis leur patiente. D’habitude je quittais la maison a 9.50 parce que dentiste était près de chez moi et commençais a 10. Personnellement j’ai aussi cela parce que ne devais pas me lever tôt. En général j’allais à pied cour c’était très bien situe.

Normalement je classais les documents et parlais avec les clientes. A mon avis je n’ai pas aimé le travail parce que c’était ennuyeux et répétitif. Cependant j’aimais l’heure du déjeuner parce que j’allais à chez mes amies. C’était aussi passionnant. J’ai beaucoup apprécie mon stage parce que es collègues étaient très sympas. Selon moi cette expérience fantastique.

En outre l’année prochaine si passe mes examines j’irai du collège et je trouverai un job. Je voudrais commencer à 10h et finir à 16h car je voudrais avoir de temps libre. En plus je voyagerais au japon et Corée. Selon moi je voudrais gagner beaucoup d’argent, mais es surtout importante à aimer a le travail.

Follow up questions:

1) Qu’est- ce que tu as l’intention de faire après tes examens ?

Apres mis examens je vais rester a Burntwood pour suivre le cours de pour deux ans et ensuite je voudrais étudier la science, l’histoire et espagnol a la fac.

2) Pourquoi as-tu choisi ces matières ?

J’ai choisi la science parce que cela m’intéresse beaucoup et est nécessaire pour la cour de médecine. J’ai aussi choisi l’histoire parce que j’aime le matin et c’est aussi intéressant. Je pense que l’espagnol est divertissant et j’ai comme un challenge. En plus, je vais rester à Burntwood parce que je pense que la professeures de bon.

3) Quel métier voudrais-tu faire plus tard ?

Mon travail idéal serait être médicine parce que la médecine m’intéresse. J’aimerais aider les gens malades des jeunes au plus âges. Aussi c’est bon payé !

4) Quel métier tu ne voudrais pas faire ?

Je ne voudrais pas travailler dans un bureau parce que c’est très ennuyeux et no m’intéresse.

5)) Penses-tu que connaitre les langues c’est important ?

Certainement ! Langues c’est très important parce que nous vivons dans une société multiculturelle. Es aussi importante parce que l’université aime les étudiants comme parler beaucoup de langues et le global marquet es compétitif, donc il est essential de parler langues. C’est pourquoi je étude beaucoup de langues comme l’espagnol, italienne et arabe.

I'll be posting a Spanish piece soon :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks! :biggrin2:

Hey, my friend asked me if I could ask someone to 'mark' her french work. I have no idea what it says...something about healthy eating, maybe? :aah:

Anyhows, if anybody could check it, it'd be much appreciated!

French presentation:

J’ai fait mon stage chez un dentiste pendant deux semaines au mois de juillet. A mon avis c’était très intéressant. J’ai trouvé le stage moi –même parce que je suis leur patiente. D’habitude je quittais la maison a 9.50 parce que le dentiste était près de chez moi et commençais a 10. Personnellement j’ai aimé aussi cela parce que ne devais pas me lever tôt. En général j’allais à pied car c’était très bien situe.

Normalement je classais les documents et parlais avec les clientes. A mon avis je n’ai pas aimé le travail parce que c’était ennuyeux et répétitif. Cependant j’aimais l’heure du déjeuner parce que j’allais chez mes amies. C’était aussi passionnant. J’ai beaucoup apprécie mon stage parce que les collègues étaient très sympas. Selon moi cette expérience était fantastique.

En outre l’année prochaine si je passe mes examens je partirai du collège et je trouverai un travail. Je voudrais commencer à 10h et finir à 16h car je voudrais avoir de temps libre. En plus je voyagerais au japon et Corée. Selon moi je voudrais gagner beaucoup d’argent, mais c'es surtout important d'aimer le travail.

Follow up questions:

1) Qu’est- ce que tu as l’intention de faire après tes examens ?

Apres mes examens je vais rester a Burntwood pour suivre les cours pour deux ans et ensuite je voudrais étudier la science, l’histoire et l'espagnol a la fac.

2) Pourquoi as-tu choisi ces matières ?

J’ai choisi la science parce que cela m’intéresse beaucoup et c'est nécessaire pour les cours de médecine. J’ai aussi choisi l’histoire parce que j’aime la matière et c’est aussi intéressant. Je pense que l’espagnol est divertissant et j’ai comme un challenge. En plus, je vais rester à Burntwood parce que je pense que la professeur est bonne.

3) Quel métier voudrais-tu faire plus tard ?

Mon travail idéal serait être médecin parce que la médecine m’intéresse. J’aimerais aider les gens malades des jeunes au plus âgés. Aussi c’est bien payé !

4) Quel métier tu ne voudrais pas faire ?

Je ne voudrais pas travailler dans un bureau parce que c’est très ennuyeux et ça ne m’intéresse pas.

5)) Penses-tu que connaitre les langues c’est important ?

Certainement ! Les langues c’est très important parce que nous vivons dans une société multiculturelle. C'est aussi important parce que l’université aime les étudiants qui parlent beaucoup de langues et le global marque est compétitif, donc il est essentiel de parler différentes langues. C’est pourquoi j'étudie beaucoup de langues comme l’espagnol, l'italien et l'arabe.

I'll be posting a Spanish piece soon :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks! :biggrin2:

I corrected faults :)

• 1 month later...