MIKAish, MIKAlike or MIKAstic

nenartus

This is an awesome thread. I wish I'd known about it sooner too. I come across Mikaish things all the time. Yes, I prefer Mikaish. It was a suit on a mannequin at the mall. I said, “Who would wear that?" 13yo just rolled her eyes at me.

Today, I saw an elderly woman wearing a coat that reminded me so much of the suit Mika wore for the Rose Ball. It was the same deep red with that irridescent sheen. I wanted it!

Furthermore, I feel my shoes today were Mikaish. Red suede tennis shoes with silver details and white laces.

Now to read the rest of this thread!

We need pictures of everything you saw. :teehee:

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MIKAish - looks like something Mika would wear, have or make

MIKAlike - looks like something Mika would wear, have or make

MIKAstic - looks like something so fantastic Mika would wear too, or have or make

:naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

Very good point :naughty::naughty:

MIKAish - looks like something Mika would wear, have or make

MIKAlike - looks like something Mika would wear, have or make

MIKAstic - looks like something so fantastic Mika would wear too, or have or make

:naughty:

:mf_rosetinted:

Ok I think I understood :aah:

I need to figure out how the heck to post pictures. I'm not very computer literate. :blink:

I think you must be! You found your way here :original:

But posting a photo is fairly easy.

To include an image that is located on another website in a post, copy the full URL to the image itself (not the page on which the image is located), and press the 'Insert Image' icon (looks like a photo of a mountain up here ^), then paste the URL into the window that has popped up. Or type  before the URL and after it, without any spaces before or after the URL of the image.

To include your own photos, it's easiest if you upload them to another site first and then follow the steps above, but you can also upload them here to MFC and attach them to your post, using the paper clip icon to the right of the smiley face at the top of the text box.

Hope this helps :thumb_yello:

Sigh... poked through and my current supply doesn't have lots of Mikaish stuff, but I do have a lot of ideas going through my head for the better weather, so you never know what might show up. These are as close as I could get to Mikaish!

post-32211-142983702332_thumb.jpg

post-32211-142983702336_thumb.jpg

post-32211-14298370234_thumb.jpg

post-32211-142983702345_thumb.jpg

post-32211-142983702349_thumb.jpg

Sigh... poked through and my current supply doesn't have lots of Mikaish stuff, but I do have a lot of ideas going through my head for the better weather, so you never know what might show up. These are as close as I could get to Mikaish!

These are nice.:thumb_yello: I love that watch with stars on a chain. :wub2:

These are nice.:thumb_yello: I love that watch with stars on a chain. :wub2:

Thanks. My own work always makes me happy and the iridescent stars are favorites of mine. The watch was part of a very limited edition; one of the five I made was donated to a local charity that's like Make-A-Wish Foundation for a fundraising auction. They grant wishes to regional terminally ill children.

I think I've given away more than I've sold - it's just how I am. If an organization needs something, I try to meet the need.

Thanks. My own work always makes me happy and the iridescent stars are favorites of mine. The watch was part of a very limited edition; one of the five I made was donated to a local charity that's like Make-A-Wish Foundation for a fundraising auction. They grant wishes to regional terminally ill children.

I think I've given away more than I've sold - it's just how I am. If an organization needs something, I try to meet the need.

This is so nice. :wub2: And you made these?!? :clap: Beautiful. Really beautiful. I love the earrings too!:thumb_yello:

Some of the beauty I've found online that I would say is Mikaesque - the circumhorizon arc rainbow is something I have personally seen. That particular one appeared in the sky outside of where I used to work - the entire building had to have shifted when everyone went to the windows to stare at it. Work stopped for a good hour. And if Mika created the world... we'd see so many beautiful things out there! The last image is from the Japanese Lights Festival.

post-32211-142983702363_thumb.jpg

post-32211-142983702365_thumb.jpg

post-32211-142983702374_thumb.jpg

I love these, esp the watch on the chain one. And the life savers set, theyre so whimsical. Thanks for posting them :thumb_yello:

This is so nice. :wub2: And you made these?!? :clap: Beautiful. Really beautiful. I love the earrings too!:thumb_yello:

Yes, I made these...

And to elaborate on a post made after yours...

I made the Life Savers beads myself. They are definitely one of a kind. There is a funny story behind them, would anyone like to hear it? :mikadas:

Yes, I made these...

And to elaborate on a post made after yours...

I made the Life Savers beads myself. They are definitely one of a kind. There is a funny story behind them, would anyone like to hear it? :mikadas:

Of course. :thumb_yello:

I was working in a retirement facility, in the assisted living and memory care (dementia) wards at the time, in activities. We were the people who planned all the activities for the facility, from themed dinners to arts and crafts.

I took a call from a lady who said her mother had passed, and had a lot of craft items and materials available; would we be able to use them? I said I was sure we could find some use for them, she could bring them in if she liked, expecting to have some fairly new materials to work with.

It turned out they were "craft fair" items and materials from the late 1960s, early 1970s. Spray glitter that was 10c a can back in the day. That sort of thing. And in among her mom's projects were these yarn Life Saver dolls that were a staple of craft shows when I was but a wee thing myself. (Keep in mind I will be 50 in September.) And a bunch of Life Saver five-pack rolls that were yet to be "embodied"...

I sorted everything in my boss' office, and, as it was my last day of work for the week, I left it for her to decide what stayed and what left... only to find when I came back that she had added the ancient Life Savers rolls to the candy we offered as Bingo and game prizes!

I quickly pulled them from the supply and looked them over - totally hideous, brown blobs of dead sugar. Before throwing them out, though, I removed the wrappers and brought them home to make the beads in a moment of inspiration.

And that's the rest of the story!