"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I asked Universal Music Serbia about the cover and just got the answer. Like it or not it's official.

Label Barclay in France tweeted this cover too. They were asked if there was a problem with the 'cutting' at the bottom and they answered 'precisely not'

+1 :mf_rosetinted:

i wonder what's Tah Dah! sounds so interesting! :aah:

It's another Pharrell Williams song.

Jodie Marr worked on that one as well.

She hopefully made them change the lame lyrics so that it was gonna be OK:mf_rosetinted:

Edited by suzie

and what does this mean ?

Disc Two

1. Celebrate [Acoustic]

2. Origin Of Love [Acoustic]

3. Kids [Acoustic]

4. Love You When I'm Drunk [Acoustic]

5. Overrated [Acoustic]

6. Elle Me Dit

7. Tah Dah

8. Stardust [benny Benass Mix]

9. Celebrate [Rivera Remix]

it has two CDs?

Celebrate 3 times? :shocked:

One proper version would have been enough :mikacool:

On a happier note though, that's only 1 French song so far so we will definitely have at least one other type of standard or deluxe CD with 3 additional French songs.

Edited by suzie

Label Barclay in France tweeted this cover too. They were asked if there was a problem with the 'cutting' at the bottom and they answered 'precisely not'

What the? It looks confusingly terrible with that below him. Maybe the cover folds out into something more? Weird...

ha.... feels like got dumped by someone..

es, like someone hit you in the stomach...

But it just look, so weird? :blink:

I don't think that is what you meant, but it came to my mind while reading your post and maybe that's mostly what bothers me: I'm missing the joyfullness in this cover. Seeing this cover I wouldn't expect an album full of joy, joychasing and "crazy weird lovesongs" as Mika describes TOOL in the interviews himself. Covers generate a notion what an album will be like musically. And with the first two ones it's congruent, but with this cover I feel like it's inconcruent (at least from what he told so far and from the prelistening reports).

That is a good point. This image seems to mainly function to reflect the change he has been through but perhaps not the music on the album although I have not heard it yet.

I know what looked unnatural to me now. The fact that he looks like some Greek statue (Adonis? :roftl:) whist to me he never looked that type of man - that's only my personal view on his looks though and I actually think the idea was to represent him bare with a crown of thorns on his head (with the writing 'Mika' on top).

Basically, this picture, as a composition symbolizes his fall from grace / the fall of man, IMO.

What the? It looks confusingly terrible with that below him. Maybe the cover folds out into something more? Weird...

Maybe this is the way they are going to pack CD's. So this weird part is going to be a side. :mf_rosetinted:

418615_3749298605900_551595897_n.jpg

That is a good point. This image seems to mainly function to reflect the change he has been through but perhaps not the music on the album although I have not heard it yet.

I know what looked unnatural to me now. The fact that he looks like some Greek statue (Adonis? :roftl:) whist to me he never looked that type of man - that's only my personal view on his looks though and I actually think the idea was to represent him bare with a crown of thorns on his head (with the writing 'Mika' on top).

Basically, this picture, as a composition symbolizes his fall from grace / the fall of man, IMO.

This was my first thought when I saw it. And those golden thingies looked like a wreath of laurel or some kind of a crown.

I don't think it looks like the cover of a joyful album either, but I like thinking that the golden thingies are the thoughts Mika has/the songs coming out of his mind.. and they are golden so there must be some joy somewhere :teehee:

I don't think it looks like the cover of a joyful album either, but I like thinking that the golden thingies are the thoughts Mika has/the songs coming out of his mind.. and they are golden so there must be some joy somewhere :teehee:

The golden thingies are melachi's poo...He gave her laxatives that day...:mf_rosetinted:

To me he cover looks like Mika's hiding something underneath and the cover is trying to show that? :dunno:

I thought so too... It reminded me a Taratata interview where he was amazed by Emilie Simon's CD package.. I'll try to find it back ;)

The cover could maybe somehow get "opened" ?!

[YOUTUBE]iQGeQQItSMo[/YOUTUBE]

I love this interview by the way xD In short, he's jealous of Emilie's CD HAHA

(6':17 if you wangt to skip the song ^^)

Edited by Kaito