"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

Yes he did. I don't remember where either. Maybe in those french interviews he did this summer.

Ah found it:

So here's a little translation of the article, if you're interested :wub2:

He works with a lot of people, Empire of the Sun, William Orbit, Martin Solveig (he's in studio with him today in Paris :D), and a young english boy called Ben. Ben worked on 4 songs with him. The album is a mix of Fleetwood Mac and "Tron", Elton John's piano and electronic sounds.

Translation of the vid :wink2: :

Until Christmas I had nothing for the new album. Nothing. A lot of things happened with my family, and it was quite difficult, it was just as if life was in pause. And so I decided to start working with people who inspire me. It's a mix, there are even people I found on the internet. I found a guy whose demos I found on the internet, I went to his home and he played me his songs in his studio in his bedroom and I heard completely incredible things and now he's part of four of my songs.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25907

I can't find anything about that Bilboard guy? Any tips?

Don't forget that Mika isn't the greatest of spellers. :teehee:

Mathieu Jomphe, better known as Billboard, is a Canadian songwriter and record producer, and remixer from Montreal. His productions include dance-pop as well as dubstep influences. He has produced for international artists such as Britney Spears, Kesha and Robyn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billboard_(producer)

He says he wrote with Doriand in February but the beautiful and ace songs were in January. :dunno:

I think he simply confused the months as it was in January when he tweeted about recording in France :dunno: He looked rather confused at the beginning of this year...

Also about Fryars, didn't Mika say somewhere that he was writing songs with some kid named Ben that he'd found on MySpace? Someone wondered to me at the time whether it might be Fryars because his real name is Ben.

His name is Ben Garett and I have already checked his works but have not found any with Mika yet.. :teehee:

Don't forget that Mika isn't the greatest of spellers. :teehee:

I just did copy-paste and haven't seen there's an l missing.:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I tried to find Billboard musician not the producer. Thanks!:thumb_yello:

He did this...

and this
Edited by nenartus

I thought it would be a good idea to post all the things that we know so far about the album and gather them in one thread. I saw this in "Not everything needs a thread" and I thought "But new album does need one", don't you think?

It's a really good idea! :thumb_yello:

I can feel the excitement building up even more now :biggrin2:

He says he wrote with Doriand in February but the beautiful and ace songs were in January. :dunno:

Also about Fryars, didn't Mika say somewhere that he was writing songs with some kid named Ben that he'd found on MySpace? Someone wondered to me at the time whether it might be Fryars because his real name is Ben. I can't remember where Mika said this though.

@fryars hey mate, come down for drinks tonight at the ground floor bar in notting hill. would be cool to have you there M

11:52 AM Sep 7th, 2009 via web

Is this the guy you found? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DO67v8BrLPM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

I found only the covers he did, nothing that he wrote. :dunno:

No this is him. He was compared to Mika a lot because he came on the scene later in 2007. He doesn't sound like him at all though :naughty:

[YOUTUBE]dbtLqJmoM_8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RNmCMyODbUU[/YOUTUBE]

I found only the covers he did, nothing that he wrote. :dunno:

I look in songwriter catagolues, irrelevant of the performer. In fact, I already put together a list of all the songs that officially register Mika as a (co-)writer on various sites.

The ones bolded are likely to be on the second album as they are new ones.

ANOTHER LULLABY

ANY OTHER WORLD

BIG GIRL YOU RE BEAUTIFUL

BILLY BROWN

Black Eyed Sally

BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS

BLUE EYES

BOY TOY

BY THE TIME

CANCELLALO AMORE

CI PARLIAMO DA GRANDI

COLD HEART

CRY A LITTLE

DR JOHN

ELLE ME DIT

ERASE

EUROBASKET

FALL FROM GRACE

The Fly

GAVE IT ALL AWAY

GOOD GONE GIRL

GRACE KELLEY

HAPPY ENDING

HOLY JOHNNY

HOW MUCH DO YOU LOVE ME

I SEE YOU

INSTANT MARTYR

KA TONG REN SHENG

Keep Me (I think it is the one referred to as ’Overrated’)

KICK ASS

Kill me on the Dancefloor

LADY JANE

Let It Slide (What a day)

EVERYBODY / LIVE YOUR LIFE

LOLLIPOP

LONELY ALCOHOLIC

LOOK DON T TOUCH

LOVE TODAY

LOVERBOY

MY INTERPRETATION

ONE FOOT BOY

ONLY LONELY ONE

OVER MY SHOULDER

PICK UP OFF THE FLOOR

Play My Hand (Radio)

PRAY FOR YOU

President

RAIN

RAIN ON ME

RELAX

RELAX

TAKE IT EASY

RING RING

SOMOS GRANDES O NO

STUCK IN THE MIDDLE

TOUCHES YOU

TROUBLE IS

UGLY BOY

Want Forever

WE ARE GOLDEN

WHAT I WANT TO HEAR

YOU MAKE ME

YOUR LOLLIPOP

YOUR SYMPATHY

the ones we are aware of but do not appear to have been registered yet:

The Origin of Love (Co-)written by Nick Littlemore Paul Steel

Underwater (Co-)written by Nick Littlemore and Paul Steel

Blame It On the Weather – Co-written by Doriland

82 Rue Des Martyr - Co-written by Doriland

Edited by suzie

http://www.studioslafabrique.com/News/Entrees/2011/1/4_MIKA.html

MIKA

4 janvier 2011

Mika is working on his new album with Dorian in the Studio B at La Fabrique.

More information: http://www.mikasounds.com

Oh there's some more Mika time for you. :naughty: Thanks for the info.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

I'm sorry, but this part really made me laugh! :roftl:

Indeed. :aah:

For more info go to http://mikafanclub.com/stalkers :mf_rosetinted:

I saw the list of all songs Mika had worked on earlier, and may I ask where did you get the info from, and where can I download it all? Many thanks xxx

We've been searching composer societies' databases. Mika is registered with BMI:

http://www.bmi.com/search/

Many of the people he writes with in the US are registering their songs with ASCAP:

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm

There may be some more info in the Canadian database but it's only open to members. I know someone who just got a job there so I will make some inquiries. :naughty:

Eventually all of Mika's songs will be registered with BMI but they may not make it into the database until the songs are released.

Here are the published songs we found that don't appear to be released yet, although I think Suzie was saying that Let It Slide (What a Day) was a 2006 demo.

BIOTW was written with Doriand.

Jodi Marr has mentioned the English version of EMD so she is likely a co-writer.

Underwater was written with Nick Littlemore (of Empire of the Sun) and Paul Steel.

Everybody (Live Your Life) is written with Wayne Hector and Stephen Robson.

The Fly is written with Dan Wilson.

Want Forever is written with Dan Wilson.

Kill Me On The Dance Floor is written with Martin Johnson and Shea Taylor (songwriting camp?)

President is written with Jodi Marr.

(Let It Slide) What A Day is written with Jodi Marr and Dan Warner.

Cry A Little is written with Wayne Hector and Stephen Robson.

The Origin of Love worked on with Nick Littlemore and Paul Steel.

To be quite frank, President and Kill Me On The Dance Floor sound to me the most interesting among these. :biggrin2: (judging by the titles of course)

The title of KMOTDF reminded me of Sophie Ellis Bextor's Murder On The Dance Floor.

To be quite frank, President and Kill Me On The Dance Floor sound to me the most interesting among these. :biggrin2: (judging by the titles of course)

The title of KMOTDF reminded me of Sophie Ellis Bextor's Murder On The Dance Floor.

yeah...:original: 'blood on the dancefloor" by MJ , 'murder on the dance floor" ...but Mika was the most expressive and direct "kill me on the dance flooooor"... yeees :roftl:

btw: does anybody remember when the "sample" of TBWKTM appeared? you know the samples of each song...how long before the album...a month? sooner? later?? to me it was like listening to the whole album...give me the right sample and I feel the rest...

btw: does anybody remember when the "sample" of TBWKTM appeared? you know the samples of each song...how long before the album...a month? sooner? later?? to me it was like listening to the whole album...give me the right sample and I feel the rest...

31/07/2009, I think.

:wink2: