MIKA in Le Parisien 16.06.11

pinkcell29

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
http://www.leparisien.fr/musique/mika-j-ecris-des-chansons-d-amour-en-francais-16-06-2011-1495683.php

Mika talks about his 3rd album "The origine of love" and his gig in Compiegne.

1495683_548d6788-979b-11e0-a98c-001517810df0.jpg

Though i translated it with Google - it's :stretcher:

Songs in French? The title? Ben? Karen? Marie Antoinette? :boing:

OMG will re-read it again...

My imagination goes wild

BTW his hair has a strange colour in some places :naughty:

And he really forgets to wash his hair while writing the new album :)

So here's a little translation of the article, if you're interested :wub2:

He says that the set and the costumes for the Compiegne's show will be between "Marie-Antoinette" and the punk :teehee:

He has got 7 songs but he needs 12 for his album, which will be out in the beggining of 2012. He works with a lot of people, Empire of the Sun, William Orbit, Martin Solveig (he's in studio with him today in Paris :D), and a young english boy called Ben. Ben worked on 4 songs with him. The album is a mix of Fleetwood Mac and "Tron", Elton John's piano and electronic sounds.

He also write songs in french (but he makes gramatical mistakes ^^), as bonus tracks for the album. It's sounds between Polnareff and Supertramp. Then he speaks about 2 french songs, "82 rue des Martyrs" (a bar where he met a girl called Karen who spoke about her life and he made a song about it), and "Elle m'a dit".

The title is "the origin of love" because it's 12 loves songs with different tonalities. He lived some difficult things this year, like the accident of his sister (he says that she starting to walk again, she's a fighter !), so he needs changement and to do thing that he loves.

oh wow!

The album is Fleetwood Mac inspired now. :blush-anim-cl: That sounds way better than The Carpenters or Glee. :roftl: Not sure which version of Tron he means - the early 80s one or the one by Daft Punk. Probably the latter :dunno:

I am also pleased to hear about Martin Solveig working on some tracks:thumb_yello:

So the Compiégne gig will be mostly about the set - I hope French tv records it so that we can all have a proper view of it.

Sometimes I'm happy being not from english speaking country :teehee: for me TOOL sounds almost as normal as LICM and TBWKTM :mf_rosetinted:

But it could be much worse...

Just imagine he decided to call it "So, The Origine of Love"...

Or "Swell,The Origin Of Love"...

That would be much, much worse...:lmfao:

Archived