"The Origin of Love" - the pieces of a puzzle

nenartus

I´m not a fan, but she is an icon... and for me she´s far better than Lady Gaga (which seems to be her substitute). She did things that today seem so normal, but 20 or 30 years ago, she was the only one daring to do what she did... Madonna is not only about music, it´s about a way of seeing life... IMO (only my opinion) Mika has many things like her, like doing what he feels like doing ignoring what people say and stuff.

I don´t know,I never bought any of his albums, but I must admit I know lots of her songs, and I really like them...

I respect your opinion and I don’t wanna argue about Madonna cause I guess each of us will stay with our own feelings, but in the absence of origin of love puzzles I’m gonna reply. And it’s only my point of view of course so feel free to disagree.

Yes, she is an icon but to me she is an icon of show business not necessarily music. (And for me personally she is not an icon at all).

To me Madonna and gaga are pretty much ‘the same”.. yes, I think gaga now is what Madonna was years ago because there is a gap and a place for people like that in show business and some people who really want to be megafamous (not necessarily talented but with the huge desire to be on top just fill in the gap)

Madonna knew what to do and gaga knows what to do. And it’s basically about provocation. (So it’s very boring to me).

About “she was the only one to dare to do”….what? What did she do?;-) To me she only associated herself with sex, religion provocations, naked pictures, changing colour of hair... (someone said and I agree that her 'immaculate collection' is good when you wanna clean your house and need music to do it…./maybe her later songs were better…./)What else???? This is neither shocking, nor interesting nor anything to me. In normal life people do such things…what if she was the one who showed more in video clips or kissed Christ , burnt cross…? it’s only something to catch attention. Make no impression on me….

It‘s only a guestion…’what wasn’t shown on tv so far’ and showing it…who is the first to spit on sth or into sb’s face…who is the first to show naked parts of body…or paint face red or wear strange things…

Well, if a tremendously good music goes with it then we have sth what interests me more….but it’s not very much the case…..

So yes Madonna, gaga did things maybe ‘new” on the screen but nothing really worth attention to me. “normal” life has more interesting things….

About “art”… their art doesn’t really appeal to me….

And I know gaga has sort of mission around her like hey , monsters, everyone is beautiful…but it’s kind of cheap to me….(not the message itself but I think it’s just more like a clever promotion….)

I’m really happy if many young unhappy people gained sth like more self esteem looking at gaga and I respect that but I’m just saying that she and Madonna don’t appeal to me. I’m not buying them ;-))

(don’t know why but maybe because her thread was recently on top here now I have the need to write that I’m not buying K. Perry either…

cheers and amen to my “I don’t like them” posts….;-))) I really like many artists….;-))))

And I really think Mika and Madonna have not much in common… Mika is very sensitive, strong, talented creature, he has enormous inside world, he has many colours (I may be totally wrong of course;-)) Madonna is just an average, strong (but in more negative sense) girl who made career because of provocation. Mika’s intelligence and Madonna’s intelligence are different types to me. And Mika is emotional and hot. She is cold. I think Mika wouldn’t do some things because he’s got some sort of.. I don’t know how to name it here but he’s got it..;-)…. A kind of class, sth not cheep (well I’m thinking about one exception…but it’s only an exception…;-) and maybe really not my business ) and Madonna would do almost anything just to be successful…(I’m talking about Madonna when she was making career…) I know she was changing styles but to me it was more like looking for what’s gonna sell better. Mika to me is a person who is more in agreement with what’s inside him. (Well, maybe Madonna is also in agreement with what’s inside her so I guess it’s just less interesting…) I value him much more than Madonna. Besides…he’s much more talented. The world of music would be ….empty without Mika. Without Madonna it would be ok. For me.

But it’s nothing against you of course. I’m just a person of strong points of view sometimes. And a “feeling “ type so I just write what I feel (and sure there are things I’m very uncertain about too….)

Agree.

Madonna is a business woman, she is not a musician. She treats music only like business, so I also like some of her songs because of songs, but I don't like this business approach to music. It ruined music scene a lot during those 20 or 30 years. When Madonna started her career she wasn't the only one, there were a bunch of unusual, interesting and talented people, especially on a British scene, but she was the pushiest and the most persistent. She knows how to do business, she has this aggressive ambition and energy. Kylie is that type too, but with less success. Madonna is not about a way of seeing life, but about the way she wants to be seen and present herself at some points of her life. She knows how to smell market really well. (I'm not sure this is the right expression, hope you understand me)

And I think Mika is quite opposite of Madonna (not that he doesn't know how to do business):teehee:. He is a musician at first, then a great performer, but he allows himself to do what he wants, and not what market dictates. It's sad for us, cause I'm sure that's one of the reasons we are waiting for the third one so long.:aah::mf_rosetinted:

Not that I'm a Lady Gaga fan, but she can sing and she writes music. She is just on the beginning of her career, and if you compare her with Madonna's beginning she is way ahead already, cause Madonna still can't sing or play, or compose. :mf_rosetinted:

But time will tell...

You're welcome.:teehee:

yeah...I especially agree with the bolded part...(now I really need to go...!)

@Melisanda

Sorry I didn´t quote you since it´s a bit offtopic and your post was looong :aah:

Yeah, we don´t agree here and I´m not defending Madonna cause as I said in my first post I´m not a fan. So I think I´m just closing this subject :aah:

Art is art and we may agree in many ways about Mika (even in every way LOL) because we love him (oh well, at least I do). We don´t agree with Madonna, or many other artists... I sense you don´t like Marilyn Mason either :roftl: or Talking Heads, or Janis Joplin (but please, don´t criticize this one cause I absolutely adore her...:wub2: and I´d get hurt :teehee:). But in this music business, we can see singers like Madonna or Gaga, or that Bieber boy doing his thing. In many many ways I´d like Mika to be as persistant as them... In other way... well, I don´t want him to be a supermegastar like MJ was (man, he was inaccesible).

About Mika´s art... oh well... may I be sincere here? I totally hate his draws and his SFS. I feel odd, cause I love his music, I love the way he performs, and most people here likes his art... but I don´t.

Whoa, again offtopic... sorry :mf_rosetinted:

As long as Mika's releasing albums on MFCers' b'days, do I stand a chance? 21st April here :teehee:

@Melisanda

Sorry I didn´t quote you since it´s a bit offtopic and your post was looong :aah:

Yeah, we don´t agree here and I´m not defending Madonna cause as I said in my first post I´m not a fan. So I think I´m just closing this subject :aah:

Art is art and we may agree in many ways about Mika (even in every way LOL) because we love him (oh well, at least I do). We don´t agree with Madonna, or many other artists... I sense you don´t like Marilyn Mason either :roftl: or Talking Heads, or Janis Joplin (but please, don´t criticize this one cause I absolutely adore her...:wub2: and I´d get hurt :teehee:). But in this music business, we can see singers like Madonna or Gaga, or that Bieber boy doing his thing. In many many ways I´d like Mika to be as persistant as them... In other way... well, I don´t want him to be a supermegastar like MJ was (man, he was inaccesible).

About Mika´s art... oh well... may I be sincere here? I totally hate his draws and his SFS. I feel odd, cause I love his music, I love the way he performs, and most people here likes his art... but I don´t.

Oh yes, it would be great to see Mika up there. :biggrin2:

Inaccessible? What do you mean? :teehee:

As long as Mika's releasing albums on MFCers' b'days, do I stand a chance? 21st April here :teehee:

21st April sounds great :thumb_yello: since this tweet looks like a piece of a puzzle where he is telling us that it's definitely not ready yet, since he still must go to LA? :aah:

@mikasounds MIKA

Back in los Angeles after a 21 hour journey from the middle east. trying to keep my self up so as not to wake up at three am

17 hours ago via web

@Melisanda

yeahh, it was loong ;-)):teehee: ( I was in "the mood"...:wink2: )

about bolded part : What makes you think thaaaaat??!!!

Janis Joplin-real art to me, (one and only , respect her very much, well her as an artist, but don't listen to her very often), Talking Heads-the same, like them very much!!! (Marylin Manson-not my cup of tea)

cheers :original: so we are closing this nice "of topic" :wink2:

ps. I don't want Mika to be supermegastar either :wink2: (hahaa, well to me he is my private superheromegastar, the biggest of all :wink2: all the rest is faar behind him, cause as I said noone on the music scene today appeals to me like him )

Edited by Melisanda

:

sure...:thumb_yello: wonderful date as well....:wink2:

I will say at the end (when the album is released or when we know the date...):AnD THE WINnER is .....and you must say it's you, you lucky winner, right...:wink2: (can be anybody right now....:wink2: (but don't cheat!!!!!:wink2:)

I think albums are released in the UK on Mondays (in the US on Tuesdays), so that should narrow down your birthday chances a bit. :naughty: Mine is Friday the 13th this year so I won't be a winner. :wink2:

well, 13th, friday is a perfect day (if you're not superstitious...;-)) I'm not really, but remember...if the black cat crosses your way from right to left it's all right..but from left to right...it's nnoooot that alright...:roftl:)

my mother always says "friday, the 13th...that will be veery lucky day!!!" (and it is...)

my birthday this year is Wednesday..... (the 3rd day of the week, the 3rd album, perfect choice as well :thumb_yello::roftl: )

I totally give up :mf_rosetinted: and I wish the best for those whose bdays are in February or March :naughty:

haahaaaa.... :wink2:

ps. maybe we should have a little lottery here...and bet a few dates...:fisch:

Edited by Melisanda

haahaaaa.... :wink2:

ps. maybe we should have a little lottery here...and bet a few dates...:fisch:

:aah::thumb_yello:

Only problem is mine is July as well! :aah:

Actually I wouldn't mind waiting. :naughty:

shhhh, Mika, don't listen to her :no::teehee:

:aah::thumb_yello:

shhhh, Mika, don't listen to her :no::teehee:

yeees, don't listen to her:teehee:

by July it will be totally overcooked...and remember baby, when it's love if it's not rough it isn't fun!

edit: I should use "raw" here...."and remember baby when it's love if it's not raw it is not fun" :no::tears:

Edited by Melisanda

I really hope he doesn't release it on my bday, as it's in July :sneaky2: and I can't wait that long! :aah::mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: I feel the same way! Mine's at the end of August -- we

REALLY don't want him to release it on my birthday! :shocked:

Oh don't worry he never listens to me. :no:

:naughty:

Indeed. :mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: I feel the same way! Mine's at the end of August -- we

REALLY don't want him to release it on my birthday! :shocked:

:aah: I also hope that he doesn't listen to us and decides to join the whole dirthday thing and release it on HIS bday :mf_rosetinted: :mf_rosetinted:

Andy just tweeted:

Going crazy for the new Mika and Nick Littlemore collaborations. This is shaping up to be one of the best albums I've heard in a long time!

It's not exactly news but I like reading enthusiastic tweets like that :biggrin2:

Andy just tweeted:

Going crazy for the new Mika and Nick Littlemore collaborations. This is shaping up to be one of the best albums I've heard in a long time!

It's not exactly news but I like reading enthusiastic tweets like that :biggrin2:

Thank you! :groovy:

Andy just tweeted:

Just read it too! I know it's not actually news but made me very excited! :boing:

Maybe not news but definitely more relevant than some of the earlier posts on this thread.:teehee:

It's good to know that there are more collaborations with Nick Littlemore on the album.:boing:

Edited by suzie