Good Evening Fine Folk!

Siddhartha

Thanks for the kind welcome y'all. I'm not very good at multi-quoting but in answer to some of your questions/comments...

He was a little bit shy. But in retrospect, he could have just been a bit weary. Maybe he thought I was faking it or something. I don't know, is he shy normally? His friends were certainly more talkative initially, but I suspect that was because they were trying to chat us up :P But he really settled in to having a good old natter and a few drinks.

I say mysterious because he initially wasn't forthcoming at all (see above). And in general gave away little about himself, unlike his buddies. He was the quieter one, which, was why I paid the most attention to him HA! Then he'd come out with these funny things, or we'd enter in to the realm of French philosophers or something.

He is impossibly good looking. And I told him that! And he laughed and got all embarrassed so I changed it to the 'uncomfortably good looking'.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay, that is awesome!

Yaes! Did he say anything nice about Australia? :wink2:

Awwwww, that's really sweet that he spoke about Paloma!

*cough* Don't we all wish that :teehee::fisch:...

He said he loved Australia, said that the people were the friendliest he'd ever encountered etc. He thought we were all so happy all the time, and I suggested we were 'nauseatingly optimistic' and he proper laughed :P

He did say that he was coming here in the next 18 months for work or pleasure if it killed him! I just assumed he was talking about a normal friggin job, like me, travelling between London and Sydney. *face palm*

He said he loved Australia, said that the people were the friendliest he'd ever encountered etc. He thought we were all so happy all the time, and I suggested we were 'nauseatingly optimistic' and he proper laughed :P

He did say that he was coming here in the next 18 months for work or pleasure if it killed him! I just assumed he was talking about a normal friggin job, like me, travelling between London and Sydney. *face palm*

Yeah well, we are all pretty awesome... when we're not rambling like idiots of course! :naughty::fisch:

Awesome! Hopefully he comes back sometime soon and does another show, us Aussies need another big meet up so we can go to karaoke and sit in line all day waiting for the gig. Oooooh, you should see some of the videos from the 2007 and 2009 concerts... I'll post some links in the Aussie thread.

Oh how did I miss this thread? Welcome Bec :welcomeani:

What a great introduction! He is impossibly good looking isn't he? After looking at a bazillion photos I don't think about it much anymore but when you see him in person he really is ridiculously beautiful.

Anyway enjoy MFC. We've got far more info on Mika than he will ever give up voluntarily in one night in a vintage bar. :roftl:

Thought you might appreciate this story :wink2:

This is a funny story from Australia;

THERE will be two very sheepish Brit chicks today when they learn they were treated to an exclusive serenade by pop greatness on Wednesday night, reports Kathy McCabe.

British pop star Mika and his bandmates were enjoying a few quiet drinks at the Hilton when the duo, who had no idea who he was, tried to hit on his keyboard player.

The girls followed the crew to an Oxford St nightclub and when Mika walked in the door, the DJ recognised him and put on a remix of the singer's smash hit Grace Kelly.

"That's always quite painful when the DJ does that but the girls jumped up to dance and said 'We love this song' and started singing along in the most hideous way," he laughed.

"I got up and started dancing and singing with them and one of the girls sneered and said, 'What do you think you're doing? F... off! Your voice is so bad!'

"My band were crying with laughter."

There will be no doubt who Mika is when he performs his only Australian show at The Forum tomorrow night.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yes, it was all a bit bizarre, but I wouldn't have had it any other way really. I'm just sitting around waiting for his friend to email me now though! Haha. "Hey, yeah you're lovely, sure yeah we can hang out when you travel across the world to my city, whatever... tell me more about Mika." #badperson

Thought you might appreciate this story :wink2:

Haha that so easily could have been me. I never doubted that he was a musician or anything, just that they were trying to have a laugh with the Australian girl by making her believe him to be famous. :roftl:

Thanks for the kind welcome y'all. I'm not very good at multi-quoting but in answer to some of your questions/comments...

He was a little bit shy. But in retrospect, he could have just been a bit weary. Maybe he thought I was faking it or something. I don't know, is he shy normally? His friends were certainly more talkative initially, but I suspect that was because they were trying to chat us up :P But he really settled in to having a good old natter and a few drinks.

I say mysterious because he initially wasn't forthcoming at all (see above). And in general gave away little about himself, unlike his buddies. He was the quieter one, which, was why I paid the most attention to him HA! Then he'd come out with these funny things, or we'd enter in to the realm of French philosophers or something.

He is impossibly good looking. And I told him that! And he laughed and got all embarrassed so I changed it to the 'uncomfortably good looking'.

He always tells in interviews that he is shy in his private life, that´s the reason why I asked you :wink2:. Thank you for your answer.

I'm just sitting around waiting for his friend to email me now though! Haha. "Hey, yeah you're lovely, sure yeah we can hang out when you travel across the world to my city, whatever... tell me more about Mika." #badperson

I know Mika is impossibly beautiful and all that but you may find his friends to be interesting in their own right. :wink2:

Haha that so easily could have been me. I never doubted that he was a musician or anything, just that they were trying to have a laugh with the Australian girl by making her believe him to be famous. :roftl:

You should have asked him to sing one of his songs as proof. :fisch:

Anyway don't feel bad. Most English speaking Canadians wouldn't know who Mika was if he came up and slapped them in the face. :naughty:

I know Mika is impossibly beautiful and all that but you may find his friends to be interesting in their own right. :wink2:

You should have asked him to sing one of his songs as proof. :fisch:

Anyway don't feel bad. Most English speaking Canadians wouldn't know who Mika was if he came up and slapped them in the face. :naughty:

Haha yeah no this particular friend of his was a really great guy and rather beautiful himself. We'll have a great time I'm sure (if he ever gets in touch that is!).

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Yes, it was all a bit bizarre, but I wouldn't have had it any other way really. I'm just sitting around waiting for his friend to email me now though! Haha. "Hey, yeah you're lovely, sure yeah we can hang out when you travel across the world to my city, whatever... tell me more about Mika." #badperson

:lmfao:

About the "mysterious" thing, we always saw him as a private person (the only facts about his life that we know are the ones he told himself) and a bit shy too, maybe. :thumb_yello: So yes, I believe he can come across as a mysterious guy when contacting with people he doesn't know (just a guess, I've never been in a situation like yours! lol) :biggrin2: With us, fans, he's always extremely generous and sweet, and he genuinely appreciates all we do to support him.

And yes, ridiculously good looking. :teehee::mf_lustslow:

About the "mysterious" thing, we always saw him as a private person (the only facts about his life that we know are the ones he told himself) and a bit shy too, maybe. :thumb_yello: So yes, I believe he can come across as a mysterious guy when contacting with people he doesn't know (just a guess, I've never been in a situation like yours! lol) :biggrin2: With us, fans, he's always extremely generous and sweet, and he genuinely appreciates all we do to support him.

And yes, ridiculously good looking. :teehee::mf_lustslow:

Haha! All good to know. He certainly kept his details to himself so to speak, but was quite talkative and what not after we'd been there a while. But mainly asked us questions. And mainly about vintage clothing and the scene and what not.

Hi Siddhartha! :welcomeani: to MFC!

Oh, I thought you might be from India because of your username. :doh:

AHHH! You WHAT:aah:? Can I please borrow your luck for my next vacation in Europe:naughty:? YOU WHAT? :shocked::shocked: I had a million questions i wanted to ask you but i just forgot all of them :teehee:

Anyway, have fun here :huglove:

Haha no not Indian, just really love the novel by Herman Hesse :)

Sending you 'good luck' vibes!

:naughty:

Just remembered a question :teehee:, when you were talking to him, did a topic particularly spark his interest? (if you can remember :aah:) I mean did he get really interested when you were talking about the eg. vintage theme? Or Australia? Or Christmas? Or what you were doing in London? :naughty:

:naughty:

Just remembered a question :teehee:, when you were talking to him, did a topic particularly spark his interest? (if you can remember :aah:) I mean did he get really interested when you were talking about the eg. vintage theme? Or Australia? Or Christmas? Or what you were doing in London? :naughty:

Well it was mainly the vintage/50's scene. But that's all that anyone (outside of the scene) wants to talk to me about when I'm out and dressed like that :P He asked about where in London to go for it etc, about the dancing and the culture that goes along with it. I joked that if he ever made it to Sydney with his mate I'd take them around our retro clubs, take them shopping etc. Vintage makeover styles.

And what I was doing in London and my work etc. Oh and my ethnicity of all things.

Did you see his mum made some 50s style dresses for a bit they did about Mika getting lost in space?

091023_palladium_mika_marc_009.jpg

(Not that anyone was flying in space in the 50s but Mika never let facts get in the way of a good story :naughty:)

Did you see his mum made some 50s style dresses for a bit they did about Mika getting lost in space?

(Not that anyone was flying in space in the 50s but Mika never let facts get in the way of a good story :naughty:)

Yeah that was mentioned in the style thread. So she actually made those? That's incredible! I wish I could sew. Heck, I wish she could sew me a dress :P

:roftl::naughty:

I could say that for some Aussies as well...

Yeah that was mentioned in the style thread. So she actually made those? That's incredible! I wish I could sew. Heck, I wish she could sew me a dress :P

Don't we all...

Actually, I wish she could make me a big girl outfit that fitted reall well...

Archived