Good Evening Fine Folk!

Siddhartha

:roftl:

Bec do you happen to recall what colour the suspenders were? We gave him some almost 2 years ago and he said he would definitely wear them (they were going in his "collection") but he seems to have retired his suspenders look since then, at least in public.

They were dark, I'm assuming black. It wasn't a very well lit bar :aah:

OH and I totally forgot, he had a brilliant jacket, I even commented on it. It was this really dark burgundy, almost purple colour with gold detailing on the cuffs/collar.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH and I totally forgot, he had a brilliant jacket, I even commented on it. It was this really dark burgundy, almost purple colour with gold detailing on the cuffs/collar.

he has the best jackets..i'm so totally jealous of them..:sneaky2::teehee:

Sounds possibly like one of Mama P's creations.

What a great story Bec! And you're another Aussie! Keep spreading the word, we need more fans down here:thumb_yello: Hope to see you front row sometime!:thumb_yello:

I spent an evening talking to the bass player from Men at Work (Aussie band from the 80s), knowing it was him, but pretending I didn't know, to try and make him admit who he was. He actually married a school friend of mine a few years ago. In the end, as we were leaving she said to me, "You know, my husband plays bass quite well" :aah: I just said "Oh really?" but I never let on that I knew who he was.

Not quite the same as meeting ridiculously good looking Mika, I admit. :blush-anim-cl:I nearly fell over the first time I ever saw Mika in person. I couldn't believe he was so stunning! He was nothing like the boring promo that had appeared on the flyer. I am sure my impressions are still recorded somewhere on here from 2007 in embarrassing detail:aah:

Ah thanks. I don't recall seeing him in black suspenders since very early days. The ones we gave him were black leather at the base but they were navy with a pink stripe.

Not sure if we've seen the jacket before. He wore something burgundy during a press junket but not sure if it was that dark. Will have to dig up a pic.

Are we nosy or what? :teehee:

What a great story Bec! And you're another Aussie! Keep spreading the word, we need more fans down here:thumb_yello: Hope to see you front row sometime!:thumb_yello:

I spent an evening talking to the bass player from Men at Work (Aussie band from the 80s), knowing it was him, but pretending I didn't know, to try and make him admit who he was. He actually married a school friend of mine a few years ago. In the end, as we were leaving she said to me, "You know, my husband plays bass quite well" :aah: I just said "Oh really?" but I never let on that I knew who he was.

Not quite the same as meeting ridiculously good looking Mika, I admit. :blush-anim-cl:I nearly fell over the first time I ever saw Mika in person. I couldn't believe he was so stunning! He was nothing like the boring promo that had appeared on the flyer. I am sure my impressions are still recorded somewhere on here from 2007 in embarrassing detail:aah:

Hellooo! Haha that's classic re: your Men at Work story! Haha!

Thanks for the welcome!

Ah thanks. I don't recall seeing him in black suspenders since very early days. The ones we gave him were black leather at the base but they were navy with a pink stripe.

Not sure if we've seen the jacket before. He wore something burgundy during a press junket but not sure if it was that dark. Will have to dig up a pic.

Are we nosy or what? :teehee:

Haha nose away!

Hello, and welcome:thumb_yello:

I love your story, it made me chuckle a lot, so random, meeting him in a bar and not knowing who he was:naughty:

He is such a nice guy to chat to, and never seems to give much away. But I think that is part of his charm.

When you get to one of his gigs, you will love it, he relishes the theatrical, and really goes all out in the shows.

Do you have any pics of your dresses?

I'd love to have a look at them, the 50s look is such an iconic one, and one of my favourite ones.

For sure! We need all the Mikamites in the front row that we can get! :naughty:

And that's a cool Men at Work story :teehee:

Sorry,Bec,but I have to ask,did you notice if he had the HAT ?? :mf_rosetinted:

Oh god no! Not the hat!

Hello, and welcome:thumb_yello:

I love your story, it made me chuckle a lot, so random, meeting him in a bar and not knowing who he was:naughty:

He is such a nice guy to chat to, and never seems to give much away. But I think that is part of his charm.

When you get to one of his gigs, you will love it, he relishes the theatrical, and really goes all out in the shows.

Do you have any pics of your dresses?

I'd love to have a look at them, the 50s look is such an iconic one, and one of my favourite ones.

Thanks for the welcome! I do have pics of all the dresses I buy (I'm getting in to the hundreds so like to catalogue them - yes, I'm a nerd). It depends what you wanna see! I posted a couple in the 'Your Style' thread, will happily post some more.

Sorry,Bec,but I have to ask,did you notice if he had the HAT ?? :mf_rosetinted:

Haha no hat. But I think the hat is kind of cute... :naughty:

Thanks for the welcome! I do have pics of all the dresses I buy (I'm getting in to the hundreds so like to catalogue them - yes, I'm a nerd). It depends what you wanna see! I posted a couple in the 'Your Style' thread, will happily post some more.

Haha no hat. But I think the hat is kind of cute... :naughty:

I just saw the dress you said you ordered for your birthday, absolutely gorgeous :wub2:

He was a little bit shy. But in retrospect, he could have just been a bit weary. .

Got to just love that line. :naughty:

Hi Bec :bye:

Like everyone else I just LOVE your story. It's an absolute cracker. I am just in hysterics about the very thought - but can totally believe it. :naughty:

I just saw the dress you said you ordered for your birthday, absolutely gorgeous :wub2:

I'll post some more up tonight. I've been out of action the past couple of days really due to having the stupid wisdom teeth out.

Got to just love that line. :naughty:

Hi Bec :bye:

Like everyone else I just LOVE your story. It's an absolute cracker. I am just in hysterics about the very thought - but can totally believe it. :naughty:

Hehe it's pretty mad huh? Thanks for the welcome.

:mf_lustslow:

:swoon:

It is definitely swoon worthy. It was gorgeous!

Nope this one takes the cake. If you look at the username it's not surprising. :roftl:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21439

Oddly though I don't remember this user at all. :dunno:

Now,after reading all that thread,I'm quite sure it was Mika: :mf_rosetinted:

--"I like all Mika songs. In my opinion they're all perfect. I also like singing them (of course when I'm alone:naughty: ) ''Touches you'' is quite an erotic song for me :das:

What's more... I love chocolate, cheesecake, ice-cream, tangerines, pizza, tomato soup, mayonnaise... I'm very slim so I can eat all this things :angel_not: I also love toys:wub2:."

--"And I like this-> :drunk_sing: and this-> :groupwave: "

--"I like chicken. And I don't have kids ! :lol3:"

--"My birthday was quite normal. I'm busy and I don't have enough time for everything so I didn't do anything special. By the way... I'm older but still beautiful :lmfao::das:"

Now,after reading all that thread,I'm quite sure it was Mika: :mf_rosetinted:

--"I like all Mika songs. In my opinion they're all perfect. I also like singing them (of course when I'm alone:naughty: ) ''Touches you'' is quite an erotic song for me :das:

What's more... I love chocolate, cheesecake, ice-cream, tangerines, pizza, tomato soup, mayonnaise... I'm very slim so I can eat all this things :angel_not: I also love toys:wub2:."

--"And I like this-> :drunk_sing: and this-> :groupwave: "

--"I like chicken. And I don't have kids ! :lol3:"

--"My birthday was quite normal. I'm busy and I don't have enough time for everything so I didn't do anything special. By the way... I'm older but still beautiful :lmfao::das:"

You found him out :thumb_yello::lmfao:

Archived