Droopsy

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly! Festivals is a totally different thing than a basic Mika gig. I mean, watching festival singers/bands on stage before Mika is totally different than watching ordinary supporting acts (well it's never okay to be rude, any case!). Last summer, I tried to enjoy every singer and band, took pictures and danced and had fun, and it was a lot of fun indeed and I discovered some great new musicians (like King Charles in Belgium, just bought the new album!). It's NOT nice for anyone to just sit and looked bored for hours.

I'm certainly hoping to spend some of the 7 hours sitting down though

btw, i wrote an e-mail to lovebox as i wanted to know whether i can bring plastic bottles with water - their answer:

With the exception of sealed bottled water, food and drink is not allowed to be brought onto site.

good to know that the bottle has to be sealed. :wink2:

thanks for the info:thumb_yello:

it's good to know that we're allowed to bring water.

Lol, me too! And I hope we can find something suitable eating if we are not allowed to bring any food!

I think they mean you can't bring your own food and drink, I'm pretty sure there will be concession stands around the site selling it.

I think they mean you can't bring your own food and drink, I'm pretty sure there will be concession stands around the site selling it.

Yes, I think so too. It's just that for me it's difficult to find suitable food in some countries, I can't eat sandwiches/pizzas/hod dogs/cakes/fish and chips or anything like that. But it won't be a problem, I know I can easily be a day without food if it means seeing Mika :naughty:

Yes, I think so too. It's just that for me it's difficult to find suitable food in some countries, I can't eat sandwiches/pizzas/hod dogs/cakes/fish and chips or anything like that. But it won't be a problem, I know I can easily be a day without food if it means seeing Mika :naughty:

I see your point, the concessions can be a bit orientated around fast food alright. Sometimes there are Chinese & vegetarian food stalls, and which can give a bit more variety

I see your point, the concessions can be a bit orientated around fast food alright. Sometimes there are Chinese & vegetarian food stalls, and which can give a bit more variety

Sounds good! :thumb_yello: At Paleo festival they had a huge amount of "international" food stalls, found some great Thai food in reasonable prices.

Here's what they say about the food offered on their site

http://www.lovebox.net/content/lovebox-food.html

and I think there are more food options in the VIP area

Oh, thanks!! :thumb_yello: I didn't realize there's already some info about the food options on their web page. Looks really good!

:Update:

Mika will be performing at approximately 4, and for fourty minutes.

Thanks for the info! That early?? And only 40 mins?? I was hoping at least an hour... But however short, it will be worth being there!

Isn't he a headliner on the Circus stage? :shocked: Only forty minutes? This seems too short. Is he gonna sing only the new songs or what? :shocked:

Btw, is this info published somewhere or did you/someone ask and they answered?

This is his first show after a long break and with the new band (and the first show in the UK in ages), it's possible he is not prepared for a longer show yet. Does this mean all his festival shows this summer will be shorter than earlier...?

Thanks for the info! That early?? And only 40 mins?? I was hoping at least an hour... But however short, it will be worth being there!

Isn't he a headliner on the Circus stage? :shocked: Only forty minutes? This seems too short. Is he gonna sing only the new songs or what? :shocked:

it's only so early so he can invite us all to his private aftershow party. :mf_rosetinted:

eloise, where did you find that info? i still don't get how i can find anything on that lovebox website with all those boxes etc. :aah:

Thanks for the news:thumb_yello:

I really like the idea of a gig that starts that early:biggrin2:

I emailed them, and that was the reply!

It does seem a little early and short, but maybe they're saving the more 'rave' acts for later.

maybe they're stressed and mixed him up with someone else. :mf_rosetinted:

This is his first show after a long break and with the new band (and the first show in the UK in ages), it's possible he is not prepared for a longer show yet. Does this mean all his festival shows this summer will be shorter than earlier...?

I dont think so. This is a festival and a stage that are very different from the other ones he's performing this summer. For example the festivals in France are like regular concerts with only one opening act.

I dont think so. This is a festival and a stage that are very different from the other ones he's performing this summer. For example the festivals in France are like regular concerts with only one opening act.

yeah, they wrote on fb that he'd put on a special show for that small stage... and the shows on tiny stages that he did so far (like for the radio gigs) always were shorter than the usual ones. :dunno:

so much for the glowstick glasses then. :aah: but who knows, maybe a thunderstorm comes when he's on, then it's dark as well. :mf_rosetinted:

Yes, I'm happy its earlier too :aah: not as much waiting! And if wanted I could leavr and have tea later on :aah:

That's true, early timing will solve my schedule problems too!

I hope so too. He is the main performer in several places and this stage is smaller with several DJs so maybe that's the reason. I'm glad to see him in daylight! It doesn't happen often!

I hope so too. He is the main performer in several places and this stage is smaller with several DJs so maybe that's the reason. I'm glad to see him in daylight! It doesn't happen often!

I havent seen a concert in daylight since Westerpark in 2008. Even then we had daylight only for the first three songs.

That's true, early timing will solve my schedule problems too!

Yeh! It's handy!

It's weird I used to really want to see Mika in daylight, and see his face in person with no false lights, and now I guess I'll have the chance! :D also, my camera takes photos better in daylight which is always good :aah:

Archived