Théâtre Antique de Vienne, France - July 18, 2012 - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was really sick with flu the day of the gig, still went of course - doctor's orders, ahem!

Anyway, I'm not adding anything to what's already been said except to recommend that - even if it's just once - it really is worth watching the show from a different perspective, i.e. other than front row. Sound's better, and the lighting's simply fantastic (kudos to the LD!). I was feeling too ill to even contemplate getting there early, so arrived just before the second support act (which actually nearly finished me off :teehee:), and sat up by the sound desk, quite near where Nina was, I think, and it looked SO good from up there!

Hello to everyone I met and I hope none of you caught what I had... I did try and stay at a safe distance!

Just back home from France today. Slept a lot during my 15 hrs flight so not that tired. I'm encoding all my records now.

Vienne gig...it was so energetic and intimated one. :wub2:

I went to vienne, left my friend in Paris, around 10am and lost somewhere in the town. Luckily some kind Frenches helped me to get there so could join Ilse and Camille there! it was so good to see them in person. I met quite many mfcers there in the venue too.

The waiting and queing was so long and that was I've never experienced before. Under the boiling sun... bored.. but had some chat with other mfcers and that was good.

I loved the venue. So unique, Roman-tic... the vibe was great too! Mika looked so happy performing there, ppl were so lively danced and sung all the way. So intimated vibe... but not pushy or crazy just peaceful.

The new bands performance looked better than the vids I saw from few gigs in 1st week July. They looked more like a team now...and I especially like the new bass player!:teehee: (forgot the name ha)

After the gig I met him after the show as he mentioned on twitter. I told him like 'Hello from Seoul!' and he was like 'Seouuuul?' and said he has a secret to tell me,he's going Seoul before Christmas eve. I asked him if he knew any exact date or something and he said it probably at the end of Nov or beginning of Dec. It sounds quite trustful cuz he asked his manager about that! and we could have some chat about the tour and next seoul gig.

it was so great and I recorded everything... on my way home I was just so happy to listen again and again all.

About M&G, the whole vibe is so different from what I had in Seoul. In Seoul he just smiles and signs, never chats. but just do some 'hello' or 'thank you'..like a signing machine surrounded by securites.... but after vienne gig the M&G was so so intimate great! He asked and chat intimately with fans, in French and English..

So I could join there that's why I could I had the best M&G ever there! He was less like super diva. For the first time I thought he's just normal man. Impressive..

It was so good to meet sweet mfcers there. Sad when I had to say goodbye to them. Could we ever meet them in person again? well.... :tears:

I am so happy to be there.. it took a bit much but...it worths! will upload the entire (voice) recording of the show.. (dunno it's allowed here though :teehee:)

Hello everyone.

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing vids and pics - it really is appreciated.

This was one of the best Mika gigs I have ever been to. The setting was just incredible and I would totally agree with everyone who has mentioned the atmosphere, the lighting, the sound.....it was all just brilliant. It was SO intimate. The stage was low and close - Mika was reaching out and touching peoples hands. I would agree that it must have been brilliant to see the show from further back - in fact we had been torn all afternoon as to whether to go for that option - we spent the afternoon in the venue on day tickets trying to decide what to do. But we ultimately concluded that we would go for the front row option - and I am so glad that we did. Despite holding thousands, it was also very intimate.

Yuna - it is interesting to read your comments about the difference between the M and G's in Seoul and Europe. As you will know from reading reports - it does vary on a gig by gig basis.....but generally speaking Mika is quite chatty. It always helps when alcohol is involved though. :wink2: You have to wait longer if he is at a party but it is usually worth it as he is more relaxed!

Lovely to meet you Yuna and to see other MFCers again.

Sorry to miss you (again Enigma) - you really are living up to your name. :naughty:

I have been uploading some vids last night. I still have some more, will upload when possible.

Blue Eyes

SITM

Happy Ending

Karen

I hope the links work!

They work perfectly, thanks Nina :huglove:

Here is my report of the Vienne gig

I arrived in Vienne on Tuesday afternoon and I visited the city with Ilse and Sonja in the very hot weather, it's a charming city with a lot of ancient monuments which was lovely.. We got to visit the Théâtre Antique which was very impressive, we were so excited, the view from up there was amazing and we knew the gig would be successful because it was clear that every single person in the venue would be able to see the stage very well! We actually went on the stage too which was great, it was huge! It was funny to imagine how well Mika would be able to see the audience on the next day.

Then in the evening we met Treasa, Rose and Sharon and we went to eat together, Rose was writing down the questions we wanted to ask to Mika, that was fun, it was a very nice day and I was already enjoying myself very much even though there was no Mika yet

On the day of the gig we waited at the hotel for Yuna to arrive, it was amazing to meet her! We went queuing some time in the morning, it was very hot but we managed to stay away from the sun most of the time. The queuing was relaxed, we got to meet some more very nice MFCers (Nina, Béa, Lowell to name a few) We were able to enter the venue at 6, there we saw Yasmine picking some people in the middle of the audience to go on stage, then there were 2 support acts, a girl called Lola and a band Poliça. They were both talented but I thought both of them had songs that sounded a bit all the same so after a while it was a bit too long for the audience.

When waiting for Mika to arrive, the crowd was already cheering, singing, doing the Mexican wave, we could feel the atmosphere was electric :boing: Mika went on stage at 10. It was a perfect gig! He was SO energetic, he looked so happy and the crowd was really crazy too! It was so impressive to look at the audience in the stands; and Mika himself said it was an amazing feeling to have the audience in front of him at almost 90°. He said it was truly one of the best venues he's ever done in his career :wub2:

I can't remember the set list properly right now but he started with Big Girl, then Relax then I don't know it's all a mess in my head :aah:

He sang all the new songs (minus Make You Happy but he did Karen), we also had Blue Eyes and Stuck in the Middle which I didn't think he would do. Before SITM he said he wrote it when he was 17 for his Lebanese grandmother because he was angry at her. He did Lola at the piano, he said he had done it the previous day in Nice but he had ****ed it up, and this time he had some trouble starting it but then he went on playing the piano (which he didn't do in Nice if I understood correctly?)

I'm not going to comment on every song, but I'll just say that Lollipop was really fun with all the people on stage throwing confetti, Celebrate was crazy with all the balloons thrown in the crowd; EMD was absolutely mental with every single person singing along and still playing with the balloons (can't wait to watch a vid of that!), Love Today with the fun bit with Max, and We Are Golden was fabulous with cannons throwing more confettis again :yay: He went away after WAG and came back for The Origin of Love (:wub2:)and Grace Kelly, then it was already the end.. It went by so quickly as always but I enjoyed every second of it

After the gig we went to wait at the other side of the venue; security guys were there for a while then they just went away leaving us all alone which worried us a bit. Some fans then decided to get closer to the venue to see what was happening, if Mika was already gone or not. After a while we went there too and we heard Mika's laugh backstage (:wub2:) so we were happy to know he was still there. Just a few minutes later he came out, it was a bit of a mess which is a shame; I tried not to get too involved in the mobbing but I still managed to have his autograph and then as he went further I took a few pics of him. I'm really happy Yuna got to talk to him particularly

Then on our way back to the hotel we learnt that Mika had tweeted about the M&G; it was the perfect ending :wub2:

On the following day we also found out we were in the first page of the local newspaper :roftl: We knew there would be something about Mika but it was funny to see they chose a pic of some of us. Apparently French TV was also filming something that night (Mika pulled the cameraman up the stage) so I'll try to find if something has been broadcast

And to finish these already perfect few days, on our way back from Vienne and Lyon we found out some dates were announced for the Autumn, and I especially was very VERY happy about it as the Roubaix one is a home gig for me :yay:

So that is all for my very long report.. Sorry if this was too long but I think I'll be happy to read this back some time later :teehee:

I'm uploading vids at the moment and I have some pics but I never know how to add them in my post, if anybody can help? Thanks

:thumb_yello: Thank you~ feel like i was there:huglove:

Hello everyone.

Thank you so much for sharing your amazing vids and pics - it really is appreciated.

This was one of the best Mika gigs I have ever been to. The setting was just incredible and I would totally agree with everyone who has mentioned the atmosphere, the lighting, the sound.....it was all just brilliant. It was SO intimate. The stage was low and close - Mika was reaching out and touching peoples hands. I would agree that it must have been brilliant to see the show from further back - in fact we had been torn all afternoon as to whether to go for that option - we spent the afternoon in the venue on day tickets trying to decide what to do. But we ultimately concluded that we would go for the front row option - and I am so glad that we did. Despite holding thousands, it was also very intimate.

Yuna - it is interesting to read your comments about the difference between the M and G's in Seoul and Europe. As you will know from reading reports - it does vary on a gig by gig basis.....but generally speaking Mika is quite chatty. It always helps when alcohol is involved though. :wink2: You have to wait longer if he is at a party but it is usually worth it as he is more relaxed!

Lovely to meet you Yuna and to see other MFCers again.

Sorry to miss you (again Enigma) - you really are living up to your name. :naughty:

Lovely to meeting you all, and thank you for your help!!

Here I attatched the entire record file of Vienne gig. Had to blur quite a few screaming part to protect our ears :naughty: Edited track by track... would enjoy this till 16th Sep !

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c5xejm

I have been uploading some vids last night. I still have some more, will upload when possible.

Blue Eyes

SITM

Happy Ending

Karen

I hope the links work!

Yes it's ok, thank you Nina :wub2:

Blue Eyes

SITM

Happy Ending

Karen

I hope the links work!

Lovely to meeting you all, and thank you for your help!!

Here I attatched the entire record file of Vienne gig. Had to blur quite a few screaming part to protect our ears :naughty: Edited track by track... would enjoy this till 16th Sep !

http://www.sendspace.com/file/c5xejm

Thank you very much, can't wait to watch and listen to these :huglove:

Sorry for being late, here my pictures and videos of this wonderful gig :wub2: Absolutely love it, and the venue looked so beautiful, it was magical ! :teehee:

020pzh.jpg

021ds.jpg

023aoj.jpg

031bs.jpg

040ci.jpg

044dh.jpg

045xw.jpg

048mp.jpg

049tj.jpg

050dh.jpg

This is the translation of the talking bits during the gig which I promised to Yuna I would write down when she told me she had recorded all of it :wink2:

1) Before BIOTG

Good evening Vienne, are you ok? Normally when I'm at the third song of the gig, I always say 'We are going to warm you up', but it's clear that tonight, I don't need to say that. What I'm going to do now in this magnificent theatre, which is the perfect place, Ladies and Gentlemen I'm going to divide you into 2. Tonight we are pretending to be in an arena in Roman times. Tonight, on the right you are the Romans, on the left you are the Greeks. And it's very easy, it's war. (People singing) This is the reason why the Roman Empire crashed down.

2) Before SITM

I wrote this song; actually it's one of the first songs I wrote when I was 17 I think. And I was furious with my grandma, a Lebanese woman with a very strong character, and I think she never really realised what I had written. Until tomorrow morning. But I like her very much and at 17 I wrote the lyrics 'I sit and think about the day that you're gonna die'. But with very happy music. It's a nice gift of love I think.

3) Before Lola

I made the decision a few days ago to play the piano a bit more. And yesterday in Nice was the first time I tried to do what I had promised to do. It was a disaster. I f***ed it up. And tonight I practiced. But I can assure you I will f*** it up. And erm.. and.. yeah. And now is the moment when I try to remember one more time the song I'm going to play.

4) Before Happy Ending

I'm going to introduce my musicians. They are new with me here for our 5th show tonight. It's only their 2nd show in France. They really didn't know what to expect from a French audience. (Introduction of the band) I think that tonight Max is the winner.

5) Before Karen

You are great. And honestly it's one of the most beautiful places we've done in my career. I don't know if you understand the feeling to be on such a stage and to have the audience up at almost 90°. This song has been written for a young girl that I met with my friend Doriand in a small bistrot in the Rue des Martyrs. It's called Karen. I've decided tonight that I don't want to make any mistake because I've never sung this song without making any mistake. So I'm concentrating.

6) Love Today Killing scene

Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you Max's voice that you will hear for the rest of your lives. For the rest of eternity you will hear Max's voice in your head. From Vienne to Paris to Shanghai to Bangkok, there will be Max. In your ears and in your heart. A torture. But you have the choice. Either I leave you with Max for the rest of your lives, or when I count to 3, absolutely everyone who can in the arena tonight will start jumping. The choice is yours. (After jumping he says 'you are scary/you're freaking me out')

7) Before TOOL

(It's when people were waving their arms in the air) It's like slow motion. I don't know how to say slow motion in French. 'Ralenti'. That was kind of obvious. It was quite easy 'ralenti'. This song is called 'The Origin of Love'. In French, 'L'origine de l'amour'.

This is the translation of the talking bits during the gig which I promised to Yuna I would write down when she told me she had recorded all of it :wink2:

1) Before BIOTG

Good evening Vienne, are you ok? Normally when I'm at the third song of the gig, I always say 'We are going to warm you up', but it's clear that tonight, I don't need to say that. What I'm going to do now in this magnificent theatre, which is the perfect place, Ladies and Gentlemen I'm going to divide you into 2. Tonight we are pretending to be in an arena in Roman times. Tonight, on the right you are the Romans, on the left you are the Greeks. And it's very easy, it's war. (People singing) This is the reason why the Roman Empire crashed down.

2) Before SITM

I wrote this song; actually it's one of the first songs I wrote when I was 17 I think. And I was furious with my grandma, a Lebanese woman with a very strong character, and I think she never really realised what I had written. Until tomorrow morning. But I like her very much and at 17 I wrote the lyrics 'I sit and think about the day that you're gonna die'. But with very happy music. It's a nice gift of love I think.

3) Before Lola

I made the decision a few days ago to play the piano a bit more. And yesterday in Nice was the first time I tried to do what I had promised to do. It was a disaster. I f***ed it up. And tonight I practiced. But I can assure you I will f*** it up. And erm.. and.. yeah. And now is the moment when I try to remember one more time the song I'm going to play.

4) Before Happy Ending

I'm going to introduce my musicians. They are new with me here for our 5th show tonight. It's only their 2nd show in France. They really didn't know what to expect from a French audience. (Introduction of the band) I think that tonight Max is the winner.

5) Before Karen

You are great. And honestly it's one of the most beautiful places we've done in my career. I don't know if you understand the feeling to be on such a stage and to have the audience up at almost 90°. This song has been written for a young girl that I met with my friend Doriand in a small bistrot in the Rue des Martyrs. It's called Karen. I've decided tonight that I don't want to make any mistake because I've never sung this song without making any mistake. So I'm concentrating.

Ladies and Gentlemen I introduce you Max's voice that you will hear for the rest of your lives. For the rest of eternity you will hear Max's voice in your head. From Vienne to Paris to Shanghai to Bangkok, there will be Max. In your ears and in your heart. A torture. But you have the choice. Either I leave you with Max for the rest of your lives, or when I count to 3, absolutely everyone who can in the arena tonight will start jumping. The choice is yours. (After jumping he says 'you are scary/you're freaking me out')

7) Before TOOL

(It's when people were waving their arms in the air) It's like slow motion. I don't know how to say slow motion in French. 'Ralenti'. That was kind of obvious. It was quite easy 'ralenti'. This song is called 'The Origin of Love'. In French, 'L'origine de l'amour'.

Thank you so much! :wub2: I listened whole record on my way to home from work, reading this.. now I got why everybody except me laughed that the venue..:naughty::huglove:

Thank you so much! :wub2: I listened whole record on my way to home from work, reading this.. now I got why everybody except me laughed that the venue..:naughty::huglove:

No - there were a few of us that didn't get it :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Thank you Camille for the translation.

Thank you Lyli for the amazing pics.

I am sure that this gig will always reamin as one of my favourites. It was absolutely magical, :mikalove:

No - there were a few of us that didn't get it :naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Thank you Camille for the translation.

Thank you Lyli for the amazing pics.

I am sure that this gig will always reamin as one of my favourites. It was absolutely magical, :mikalove:

My thoughts exactly, this gig was definitely one of my all time favorite shows, magical indeed :wub2:

Thanks for the pics and thanks Camille, you are doing fantastic job with your translations (in several threads) :thumb_yello: Very much appreciated.

Thank you for reports, pics, videos everyone! It must have really been a fantastic gig! It sounds even better than Nice! :wub2:

Yuna, I'm glad you had such an unforgettable time in France and thanks a million for the recordings, I'm enjoying them to bits! :wub2:

I'm sorry you didn't come to Nice, it would have been lovely to meet you, but it seems you made the right choice, you attended 2 incredible shows!

Camille, I'm loving your report, you describe the atmosphere and the songs so well, I share some of the feelings I had in Nice with you.

And I loved reading your first impressions :fangurl:

I really would have liked to be there!

And thanks loads for the translations, you're doing an awesome job!

I'm just back from Vienne and... oh my God. It was absolutely fantastic!! :swoon:

I had the time of my life! It was the perfect gig in the perfect venue with a perfect audience and a perfect weather :wub2::wub2:

I haven't been to a lot of gigs (yet) but I think I can say it was really a very very good gig (and I heard some more 'experienced' MFCers saying it)

We saw Mika after the show, I didn't get to talk to him but I got his autograph and took a few pics so I'm already over the moon with that!

Maybe I'll make a proper report tomorrow; but just in case I don't I also want to say it was absolutely great to live this with fellow MFCers who I was more than pleased to meet. It was perfect :wub2:

I'll post some pics and vids later :wink2:

Edited by mari62

111ysx.jpg

OMG! :mikalove: A pic of me and mika! (kinda:mf_rosetinted:) awww it's treasure for me thanks a bunch for posting this one! :wub2:

Yuna, I'm glad you had such an unforgettable time in France and thanks a million for the recordings, I'm enjoying them to bits! :wub2:

I'm sorry you didn't come to Nice, it would have been lovely to meet you, but it seems you made the right choice, you attended 2 incredible shows!

Camille, I'm loving your report, you describe the atmosphere and the songs so well, I share some of the feelings I had in Nice with you.

And I loved reading your first impressions :fangurl:

I really would have liked to be there!

And thanks loads for the translations, you're doing an awesome job!

I really really wanted to make out Nice gig, cuz Nice is the city I always wanted to visit for few years.... Cote d'azur!

Actually I planned to go Nice and vienne 2 gigs, but you know following 2 consecutive gig is too difficult... so I couldn't make up my mind till few weeks before my traveling... As time is closer the train & plane ticket from Paris to Nice was getting more and expensive... :mf_rosetinted: So...I gave up Nice..Heartbreaking choice really..

So I just had 1 gig plan, but changed my mind at last minute and went to Normandy gig. and the both gigs are absolutely perfect and great! and two gigs are so different... :wub2: what a choice! :wub2:

So sorry I couldn't see you during my travel... I really wished to see as many mfcers as I can there, it's really rare chance to me you know... Maybe next time I'll make it again.. (if I win a lotto? :mf_rosetinted:)

Happy to hear that you enjoyed my record...I recorded the M&G too but too shy to post it here! lolll

OMG! :mikalove: A pic of me and mika! (kinda:mf_rosetinted:) awww it's treasure for me thanks a bunch for posting this one! :wub2:

I really really wanted to make out Nice gig, cuz Nice is the city I always wanted to visit for few years.... Cote d'azur!

Actually I planned to go Nice and vienne 2 gigs, but you know following 2 consecutive gig is too difficult... so I couldn't make up my mind till few weeks before my traveling... As time is closer the train & plane ticket from Paris to Nice was getting more and expensive... :mf_rosetinted: So...I gave up Nice..Heartbreaking choice really..

So I just had 1 gig plan, but changed my mind at last minute and went to Normandy gig. and the both gigs are absolutely perfect and great! and two gigs are so different... :wub2: what a choice! :wub2:

So sorry I couldn't see you during my travel... I really wished to see as many mfcers as I can there, it's really rare chance to me you know... Maybe next time I'll make it again.. (if I win a lotto? :mf_rosetinted:)

Happy to hear that you enjoyed my record...I recorded the M&G too but too shy to post it here! lolll

or maybe we can meet in Korea (if I win the lottery :mf_rosetinted:)

or maybe we can meet in Korea (if I win the lottery :mf_rosetinted:)

C'est cool :mf_rosetinted:

Off the topic, I traveled around Italy 6 years ago..... in Firenze and Venezia and Roma, it was so so soooooo good... and one of my friend will do Rent car Italy tour from next week... :wub2: I wish to visit Italy again in few years.. I got North France this year, so in next few years coast around Italy and Southwest France :wub2:

C'est cool :mf_rosetinted:

Off the topic, I traveled around Italy 6 years ago..... in Firenze and Venezia and Roma, it was so so soooooo good... and one of my friend will do Rent car Italy tour from next week... :wub2: I wish to visit Italy again in few years.. I got North France this year, so in next few years coast around Italy and Southwest France :wub2:

great! I'm happy you love Italy, and that you wish to come back :wub2:

1) Before BIOTG

2) Before SITM

3) Before Lola

4) Before Happy Ending

5) Before Karen

7) Before TOOL

that's SO usefull! Thanks!