Théâtre Antique de Vienne, France - July 18, 2012 - REPORTS/PICTURES/VIDEOS

guylainem123

Hello everyone, I'm back from Vienne too after a crazy journey :shocked:

As someone knows cause I wrote it on FB I won FB competition for the tickets so I decided that if Karma wanted me in France again after Compiégne I had to accept the challenge :naughty: The problem was that I have one flight only, the same day of the gig, that arrived in Lyon at 3PM at it was kinda late so I wasn't sure if I could make it. I asked Mika's FB staff if the ticktes I won were seated or assigned (cause the venue was almost identical to Cagliari that had seated tickets) and he/her told me they were or seated or "special" (in a good spot) and I didn't have to worry. When they told me the situation was ok I've booked everything. The same day of the gig then I arrived in Vienne at about 6 PM and me and my +1 tried to find the venue. We saw a looooooong queue in a small street and we understood that there was the Theatre Antique. I needed to collect my tickets but I was calm cause I knew I had a secure place to seat. Here came the bad bad surprise: the ticket were not seated but regular ones, no special position or something like that. I couldn't collect them before 7 PM and I knew that a good spot would have been impossible. I was really sad about the whole situation. Anyway, I collect the tickets (fortunately at about 6:30 PM) and I started to queue the long line before get inside. I was there about 7 PM?...Something like that. All the good seated bleachers were already taken and I had to decide to go in the middle of the standing crowd to see something. I've managed to end up on the very right of the stage in 4 row (maybe?). I usually hate to be in the middle of the crowd cause I had bad experience of people pushing etc..but that was the only choice. The person who contacted me the last days was sorry about the situation but I thanked her anyway cause I was happy to be there and she was so kind with me.

Anyway..during the gig people behind me pushed all the time to try to reach the front row, people didn't want us to use a camera cause they couldn't see if our hands were high to take pics or make videos and they complained also when we used the flashing hearts :doh: ok...that was the worse part of the whole situation...so no pics...no videos..and many complains..!

The gig was amazing tho, I enjoyed every second, Mika was in the best shape ever and he smiled all the time! Unfortunately I don't speak french so I didn't understand most of the things he said except maybe that he sang Lola in a previous gig (probably?) and he did a mess so his mother blame him :naughty:

I liked new arrangements and I liked that there were many instruments on stage and new sounds. I miss the old band anyway...need to be honest with that...I know that the new crew is really talented and maybe they can give a new direction to the sound but I miss the people that were before with Mika...maybe cause I don't know the new ones very much...I like Joy (am I right?) tho...she seems a volcano and she has a great voice!

Me and my friend managed to raise (risking a lynching from the rude people I've described before..!) a banner we made with the words "Italian Crew" during a song...Mika saw it and made a big smile from the stage...awww...what a great sensation :mikalove:

Now that I've heard Lola live I know more than ever that is my fav song ATM but I think that The Origin of Love is amazing too! I miss some "old" songs like Good Gone Girl or Any Other World etc..but it's normal...I'm sentimental :blush-anim-cl:

After the show I received an email from the organization that told me to come to the backstage for a quick pic with Mika (wanna say thanks again to the manager, staff and who's behind this :)!), I almost had a heart attack when I read it! I didn't know where to go but in the end I've managed to reach the right place! The manager brought me and my friend inside a small area where there were people that were on stage before (like what happened usually with lollipop girls or BGs) and they were waiting for a group pic with Mika. Ms P and Yasmine were there too, busy but kind as usual. Mika came outside in a heartbeat and we chatted for a bit, he recognized me and he was really comfortable and also in a very good mood. We took a pic together (my 1st pic alone with Mika so I was unbelievable happy :mikalove:) and then I said thanks to everyone (many times...LOL!) and me and my friend were outside the venue. I found few MFCers waiting outside for M&G and chatted a bit and then I came back to the hotel cause I hadn't slept for almost 24 hours and I had a early flight the day after!

It was a special gig for me...unlucky for some reasons, hard for others but lucky, amazing and unique. Venues like that are magical...the music is even more beautiful and it's incredible to turn back and watch people seated on bleachers that wave hands and stand up during the songs! I had the same amazing feeling in Cagliari and it's priceless!

So...here's my long report...:teehee:

Edited by Sarina

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Underwater :

[YOUTUBE]kPTpuvkqseE?hd=1[/YOUTUBE]

thanks to tiibet :flowers2:

Thankyou Tiibet! These videos are great!

And Underwater is especially amazing :wub2:

That last part when he sings acapella is absolutely stunning. His voice is almost perfect, and that last note feels so deeeeep I almost die.

Thank you all for your reports and pictures! :huglove:

Sarina, I'm so happy that it went well in the end, despite how it began!

I'm almost as addicted to gig reports as I am to actual gigs. Almost. :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you very much Sarina :huglove:

you're very welcome :thumb_yello:

attachment.php?attachmentid=8867&stc=1&d=1342794243

attachment.php?attachmentid=8868&stc=1&d=1342794259

attachment.php?attachmentid=8869&stc=1&d=1342794490

attachment.php?attachmentid=8870&stc=1&d=1342794508

amazing pics! Thanks for posting! The second is my fav! So funny :mikadas:

Thank you all for your reports and pictures! :huglove:

Sarina, I'm so happy that it went well in the end, despite how it began!

I'm almost as addicted to gig reports as I am to actual gigs. Almost. :mf_rosetinted:

awww, thank you :wub2:

so here's a link to my pictures, it seems they got mixed a bit, so they're not in order,don't know what happened,....

anyway, hope you like them.

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx23/ilseh1983/Mika%20in%20Vienne%2018%20july%202012/

IMG_1453.jpg?t=1342795771

IMG_1470.jpg?t=1342795259

IMG_1460.jpg?t=1342795561

IMG_1484.jpg?t=1342794220

IMG_1505.jpg?t=1342793824

IMG_1521.jpg?t=1342793358

More on my photobucket account :)

Edited by ilseh1983

Here's my report a little bit late but I just arrived at home friday in the afternoon. I went to Vienne with Ilse and Camille. We walked around Vienne it's a beautiful town and visited the theatre it was great and we went on stage. Afterwards we met Treasa, Rose and Sharon and had dinner with them. I also met a lot of other people from MFC I never met before it was so good.When we where in the venue we had to wait a long time for Mika to come on stage but he was on fire and jumped around like crazy. He did Underwater which I like very much, Lola, Celebrate and was surprised to hear Karen. He didn't do Make you Happy I like to hear this life maybe in Tienen next week. The old songs where also with new things and lollipop was funny with all the people on stage with confetti in their cases. It really was a big party the best gig ever and in such a stunning place. afterwards we waited a very long time for Mika and I was very excited because it was the first time that I was going to meet him. He signed my ticket so I was very happy. He talked a bit and left. Thanks to everyone there for an amazing time in Vienne.

About Vienne I could easily sum up what I have to say just by writing this: wow :wub2::wub2::wub2:

This concert was absolutely magical and phenomenal, something like Bercy or even better!!! The audience didnt stop applauding, singing along and cheering (they even did the mexican wave before the show started) and Mika was obviously very happy to see their reaction. It was so impressive and heartwarming to see everyone enjoying themselves and having so much fun!!

The concert was super amazing and I've felt really lucky to have been there:wub2:

PS, needless to say I'm really glad that the greeks won the singing comp for Blame it on the girls haha :biggrin2:

Thanks for sharing your vids/pics/impressions on the gig! :thumb_yello:

[YOUTUBE]qqjPP3SoFrU[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry for the screams

[YOUTUBE]89kgs3wgtBU[/YOUTUBE]

Sorry for the bad sound I think they had technical difficulties during the 2nd verse