Festival des montgolfières - Aug. 15, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

Sorry, I will tell this in french. Je n'étais pas au courant.

That's what we were told when we were told MFC could meet Mika.

I seem to remember letting people know but maybe you weren't around, but it doesn't matter. i don't think the people who got the autograph got to meet with Mika, but just a quick signature as he was walking out to see the fans. (unless they were the Rouge FM contest winners, they also got a meet & greet & i'm not sure if they got autographs or not :dunno:)

in any case, i've been a fan since 2007, seen Mika 5 times & i still don't have an autograph or a proper picture ... :naughty: as a matter of fact, i met him for the first time at the montgolfiere, at the same time as you. you were very lucky to meet him the 1st time you go to a concert.

between his autograph & the memory of meeting him, i would choose the meeting :blush-anim-cl:

and now, i know i'm famous :kachinga:

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully youll be less shy this time :huglove:

Believe me I've learned my lesson, this will not happen again!

It was my first time seeing him live and I have such great memories of that night even though I wasn't at the m & g. :wub2:

It was my first time seeing him live and I have such great memories of that night even though I wasn't at the m & g. :wub2:

it's all about the music and the songs, isn't it? :blush-anim-cl:

Yes! It's about the music, but also the atmosphere in the air transmitted by Mika and everyone around ... I don't know how to describe the feeling. :swoon: I tried to describe this feeling to the hubby who said I might as well listen to the show on Youtube instead of going all the way to Montreal :sneaky2: and I didn't quite know how to explain it.

Yes! It's about the music, but also the atmosphere in the air transmitted by Mika and everyone around ... I don't know how to describe the feeling. :swoon: I tried to describe this feeling to the hubby who said I might as well listen to the show on Youtube instead of going all the way to Montreal :sneaky2: and I didn't quite know how to explain it.

Husbands can't understand... But we can:thumb_yello: no need to do it with words:wink2:

Can't wait to meet you in a few weeks! You're coming, right?

Husbands can't understand... But we can:thumb_yello: no need to do it with words:wink2:

Can't wait to meet you in a few weeks! You're coming, right?

Of course I am! But I'm coming alone this time, I wont drag him there :naughty:

Looking forward to meeting you and everyone! And you too Alie! :bye:

That's what we were told when we were told MFC could meet Mika.

I seem to remember letting people know but maybe you weren't around, but it doesn't matter.

I don't know, but as I told you last year, because I have multiple sclerosis, and because of it, I have some attention problems. Sometimes, I can ask the same question 3 or 4 times, remember I ask the question but don't remember the answer. And when I am in a situation like this (meet Mika) I forget lots of things and maybe this one.:wink2:

I tell this not to complain but to explain my situation.

Oh I see, so he was just making an excuse about not having a pen. :naughty:

This is just my opinion but I've been in a lot of situations where Mika is meeting fans and I feel very strongly that when there is a private meeting (like the one that we had) that he should not spend that precious time signing autographs.

The reason is that he WILL go outside and sign autographs. So if you want his autograph you can go outside and he will sign there. If he spent his time signing autographs for the 25 of us we wouldn't have been able to have any conversation with him which was the whole reason we wanted a private meeting with him. We wanted to present him the gift and wish him a happy birthday.

I know it seems like a simple thing for him to sign an autograph but it changes the whole dynamic of the meeting. It is distracting and disruptive and there are so many other ways to get autographs and very few chances to have a private conversation with him. I have a few autographs from Mika but I was not present when he signed them. I would much rather spend the time I have with him face to face speaking to him or being part of a group conversation.

I'm sorry you weren't able to have that keepsake. :huglove: But if you go to another gig it will be a lot easier to get an autograph than it will be to have another private meeting like that. It is very unusual that he doesn't go outside to sign afterwards. It's also very unusual that Mika invites such a large group of MFCers backstage at a gig so I hope everyone who was there can appreciate that for what it was. It's not something that's going to be arranged for every gig.

I hope to see him again, but don't know when. He comes in Montréal on April and I can't because of school. If he comes again in summer, for sure I will go.

Don't feel too shy. The Quebec fans are the nicest group I've met. And you won't have to speak English without me around. :aah::naughty:

So true!! It's the reason I'm stalking this thread even though I can't make it there this time :aah:

The Quebec fans (and canadian fans on the whole) have a special place for me for several reasons one being that they made my very first gig a kind and even more awesome one :wub2: I'm bummed i can't be there but I'm also super stoked for those of you who will! :excite:

Don't feel too shy. The Quebec fans are the nicest group I've met. And you won't have to speak English without me around. :aah::naughty:

So true!! It's the reason I'm stalking this thread even though I can't make it there this time :aah:

The Quebec fans (and canadian fans on the whole) have a special place for me for several reasons one being that they made my very first gig a kind and even more awesome one :wub2: I'm bummed i can't be there but I'm also super stoked for those of you who will! :excite:

Yes, I hear that the Canadian fans in general are even nicer than we Americans. :teehee:

Yes, I hear that the Canadian fans in general are even nicer than we Americans. :teehee:

Since that rude comment came from an American perhaps that proves the point? :naughty:

:lmfao:

Well deb I consider u an honorary Canadian so...

*nas ignores the fact she's not Canadian and can't bestow any honorary anything on anybody*

*nas ignores the fact she's not Canadian and can't bestow any honorary anything on anybody*

Oh you're a Guyanese chick. It's the same thing. :naughty:

pffff Mika already gave her that title... so you just confirmed it.

strange enough, neither of you are canadians :naughty:

Since that rude comment came from an American perhaps that proves the point? :naughty:

Indeed!

pffff Mika already gave her that title... so you just confirmed it.

Yes, that's just it, nas -- in Iceland, Mika told me he thought I was Canadian. Seems the *dc* part of "dcdeb" had never clicked as meaning "Washington DC." :naughty: Guess he's seen me so many different places, and quite frequently I've been hanging around with all the Canadians -- so he just assumed I was as well. That's OK -- I love my neighbors to the North! :wub2: I wasn't insulted in the least -- until his comment about them being nicer than Americans. :lol3:

• 2 weeks later...

yes.. tats the most important part!!!! the show will always remain amazing

i know i am..

i mean.. we are:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:! :huglove:

NAWWWWWWW ILL MISS YOU ALL!!!

you made my first gigs so special.. really... it was such a pleasure!!! :wub2:

youre all so nice.... were luck to have an amazing bunch around here!!!

Oh you're a Guyanese chick. It's the same thing. :naughty:

Oh Christine u have no idea how much I love u for calling me Guyanese instead of Barbadian! :wub2: (which I am but ppl so easily forget on here :aah:)

Yes, that's just it, nas -- in Iceland, Mika told me he thought I was Canadian. Seems the *dc* part of "dcdeb" had never clicked as meaning "Washington DC." :naughty: Guess he's seen me so many different places, and quite frequently I've been hanging around with all the Canadians -- so he just assumed I was as well. That's OK -- I love my neighbors to the North! :wub2: I wasn't insulted in the least -- until his comment about them being nicer than Americans. :lol3:

:lmao:

ah now it all makes sense, i didn't know he said that :aah:

caaan u feeel the love tonightttttt

:drunk_sing:

:naughty::wub2:

yes.. tats the most important part!!!! the show will always remain amazing

i know i am..

i mean.. we are:mf_rosetinted:

:lmfao:! :huglove:

NAWWWWWWW ILL MISS YOU ALL!!!

Are you sure you're all right dear?:fisch:

I just noticed they used the gallery for this gig as an example for their new photo submissions:

Just looking at the pics makes me want to go back to that day:wub2: The balloons were a wicked bonus:thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
As Nas posted on FB, one year ago today... What a lovely day it was:thumb_yello:

Wish we can do it again pretty soon:blush-anim-cl:

yes... it was the day i found out i was FAMOUS ! :swoon:

I'm going there tomorrow to see Roger Hodgson from Supertramp