Festival des montgolfières - Aug. 15, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, this festival its already 2 months ago but I'm always thinking of this day :wub2: it was so amazing!!! I never write a report because I was too ''in my dreams'' xD ... I'm not going to make a big one because my English is too poor for that but I can say it was my favorite day ever!! I cant believe I see him ... I'm just waiting his next show!! .. I waited all the day for him, and was thinking of how the show will be, I was sure I'm gonna cry when I will see him but in true when I see him I was like O.O and 8D and I scream and scream again!! (sorry for all person near me who I broke they ears xd) ... I take pictures but he is so energic so I don't have any good pictures xD ( but I have the images in my head ^^) ... after the show I had the chance to see him in backstage I was so happy, I don't realize the chance I have. When I see him in backstage I don't really had the chance to speak with him because I was behind everyone xD .. but I had the chance to say thanks for the show and a happy birthday :blush-anim-cl: ... I was so happy when I see him that I was like *.* and I was freeze xD ... I was trying to speak ( I wanted to ask if I can have a hug :teehee:) but I was freeze like *.* ( he was probably think I was crazy, he looked at me and he was like ^_^'' :sweatdrop: he probably say in his head ''is she ok?'' xDD) ... then I don't had the chance for a hug :tears::crybaby: but next time I will, I need to!!!!!! well day after that I was not in the same world of everyone xD I was in my dreams xP ... baby like I am, I wanted to have a memory of this day ( and I cant count on the pictures xD) so I kept my glow sticks, some of the yellow confetti trowed in the air in the show and my pieces of tissues that we waved in the air when he sang celebrate. ^^ ... then I'm here today waiting for the next show ( my mother cant say I cant go at the next show xP ) and next time I will not be freeze like *.* :naughty: ... well this is my little report x) .. and sorry for my non-structure and my poor English, I hope you understand a little bit what I wrote xP

oh, and here is my favorite picture ever, me + mika in the same picture x) ...MIKA.jpg

Im the one with orange jeans and MIKA on my arm

Edited by Sabrinac

wow, this festival its already 2 months ago but I'm always thinking of this day :wub2: it was so amazing!!! I never write a report because I was too ''in my dreams'' xD ... I'm not going to make a big one because my English is too poor for that but I can say it was my favorite day ever!! I cant believe I see him ... I'm just waiting his next show!! .. I waited all the day for him, and was thinking of how the show will be, I was sure I'm gonna cry when I will see him but in true when I see him I was like O.O and 8D and I scream and scream again!! (sorry for all person near me who I broke they ears xd) ... I take pictures but he is so energic so I don't have any good pictures xD ( but I have the images in my head ^^) ... after the show I had the chance to see him in backstage I was so happy, I don't realize the chance I have. When I see him in backstage I don't really had the chance to speak with him because I was behind everyone xD .. but I had the chance to say thanks for the show and a happy birthday :blush-anim-cl: ... I was so happy when I see him that I was like *.* and I was freeze xD ... I was trying to speak ( I wanted to ask if I can have a hug :teehee:) but I was freeze like *.* ( he was probably think I was crazy, he looked at me and he was like ^_^'' :sweatdrop: he probably say in his head ''is she ok?'' xDD) ... then I don't had the chance for a hug :tears::crybaby: but next time I will, I need to!!!!!! well day after that I was not in the same world of everyone xD I was in my dreams xP ... baby like I am, I wanted to have a memory of this day ( and I cant count on the pictures xD) so I kept my glow sticks, some of the yellow confetti trowed in the air in the show and my pieces of tissues that we waved in the air when he sang celebrate. ^^ ... then I'm here today waiting for the next show ( my mother cant say I cant go at the next show xP ) and next time I will not be freeze like *.* :naughty: ... well this is my little report x) .. and sorry for my non-structure and my poor English, I hope you understand a little bit what I wrote xP

oh, and here is my favorite picture ever, me + mika in the same picture x) ...MIKA.jpg

Im the one with orange jeans and MIKA on my arm

Totally agree with you and I felt the same when I saw him ! But I didn't go backstage because I didn't know ! :crybaby: I could have been on this picture too... My biggest deception in my whole life I think ! Can't wait for the next show ! :sneaky2::teehee:

Totally agree with you and I felt the same when I saw him ! But I didn't go backstage because I didn't know ! :crybaby: I could have been on this picture too... My biggest deception in my whole life I think ! Can't wait for the next show ! :sneaky2::teehee:

Exactly the same here :tears:

Exactly the same here :tears:

Well, I hope you know for the next time x)

• 3 months later...

I was there too, and it was amazing!

I have a question though... how did people like you get in to see him after?

I waited by that gate for a while, but they never let us in. I've heard some people saying that it was all MFCers that were there, but how did you all meet up and how did they let you in?

I was there too, and it was amazing!

I have a question though... how did people like you get in to see him after?

I waited by that gate for a while, but they never let us in. I've heard some people saying that it was all MFCers that were there, but how did you all meet up and how did they let you in?

MFC arranged a meeting through his management. It's not a regular thing but it was Mika's birthday and he hadn't performed in North America for several years so it was a special occasion.

Didn't Mika come out to the gate afterwards? We met another girl later in NYC who had been there. We didn't know her then so she wasn't with our group but she got his autograph.

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that he didn't come out, it's why not meeting with you at the festival is one of my big disappointments (it's entirely my fault i was too timid :doh:). I think some people saw him beforehand (I know a girl that was next to me how got his autograph that way) But maybe he met people later ... :dunno:

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that he didn't come out, it's why not meeting with you at the festival is one of my big disappointments (it's entirely my fault i was too timid :doh:). I think some people saw him beforehand (I know a girl that was next to me how got his autograph that way) But maybe he met people later ... :dunno:

I saw a picture of them together with other fans around and it was dark so it wasn't before the show. Maybe some people gave up and he came out afterwards. That happens sometimes. Security will tell everyone he's gone and he hasn't. Some people will give up and go home and some won't.

My impression was that venue security were really in a hurry to get everyone packed up and out of there and weren't too thrilled with Mika having visitors backstage. :teehee:

But I don't really know what the circumstances were so I can't say. We left via the front of the stage and didn't go back into the crowd that was waiting at the gate so I don't know what happened when Mika left.

MFC arranged a meeting through his management. It's not a regular thing but it was Mika's birthday and he hadn't performed in North America for several years so it was a special occasion.

Didn't Mika come out to the gate afterwards? We met another girl later in NYC who had been there. We didn't know her then so she wasn't with our group but she got his autograph.

She got his autograph? He refused to sign one for me and told me he don't have pen to sign:sneaky2:

Awww, I'm so sorry you didn't connect with us. :sad:

That's why I always try to encourage people to RSVP to the gig threads -- if there IS any sort of meet & greet set up after the show, the RSVP list is what we'll use to know which MFCers are around, and who we should include or look for. Hope that if it happens again, you won't miss out!

My impression was that venue security were really in a hurry to get everyone packed up and out of there and weren't too thrilled with Mika having visitors backstage. :teehee:

But I don't really know what the circumstances were so I can't say. We left via the front of the stage and didn't go back into the crowd that was waiting at the gate so I don't know what happened when Mika left.

Security at this show was definitely anxious to get us in and out pronto. Still, I also thought Mika went out to see fans afterwards. Sorry if he didn't.

:(

She got his autograph? He refused to sign one for me and told me he don't have pen to sign:sneaky2:

Maybe he didn't have a pen? Usually someone in the crowd brings a Sharpie (a black marker pen) so he can sign.

I prefer if no one asks him for autographs when we're having a chat because it's distracting but I understand it's your only time meeting him. Sorry you didn't get one.

Maybe he didn't have a pen? Usually someone in the crowd brings a Sharpie (a black marker pen) so he can sign.

I prefer if no one asks him for autographs when we're having a chat because it's distracting but I understand it's your only time meeting him. Sorry you didn't get one.

As i recall, we were told "no autographs, no pictures", only the group pic

Well that's the way I prefer it to be honest. But I've never seen him actually refuse an autograph unless he is just sort of running off. He has to refuse pics though because it would take 15 or 20 minutes and you wouldn't have even 5 seconds to speak to him.

Having him beside us was much better than an autograph in my opinion :fangurl: we were very lucky i think we should always remember that :teehee:

He did come out afterwards to sign stuff for the crowd, ive talked to a girl who waited for him and got his autograph :)

Hopefully youll be less shy this time :huglove:

Having him beside us was much better than an autograph in my opinion :fangurl: we were very lucky i think we should always remember that :teehee:

He did come out afterwards to sign stuff for the crowd, ive talked to a girl who waited for him and got his autograph :)

I totally agree with Rox... Memories from this night are far better than any autograph on a piece of paper!

When given rules, it's better to follow them, if we want to have the opportunity again...

May I just agree with this post? :thumb_yello:

Everytime I see this thread coming back I just die of fangurlness... :swoon: What a day :wub2:

Awww, I'm so sorry you didn't connect with us. :sad:

That's why I always try to encourage people to RSVP to the gig threads -- if there IS any sort of meet & greet set up after the show, the RSVP list is what we'll use to know which MFCers are around, and who we should include or look for. Hope that if it happens again, you won't miss out!

Security at this show was definitely anxious to get us in and out pronto. Still, I also thought Mika went out to see fans afterwards. Sorry if he didn't.

:(

Mika told me (because I was the last person (with the little boy) to talk with him before he go, that he go out to see other fans.

I will survive to this :wink2: But Nadeshiko who was with us told him she had a pen and he told he want to go out to see other and (I don't know how to say in english I will try and write in french too) told he think if he begin to sign he can't stop. (Il a dit qu'il avait peur de ne plus pouvoir arrêter s'il commençait) It's the only thing I don't like about it. If he refused to me, why accept after? Maybe I will have the chance to meet him again and have an autograph. And maybe he don't know it was the best thing arrived in my life for lots of years and the little piece of paper be in a frame and I allow no one to touch it because it's so precious for me.

It's good to have hom beside us but I am fare to Montréal and I don't know when I can see him again. And when he talk with a majority of MFC, because he speak in english, I can't join and talk. I can understand, I don't want to be rude when I say this, I just want to tell you my situation. I can't follow the conversation when lots of people talks in the same way. :)

I will survive to this :wink2: But Nadeshiko who was with us told him she had a pen and he told he want to go out to see other and (I don't know how to say in english I will try and write in french too) told he think if he begin to sign he can't stop. (Il a dit qu'il avait peur de ne plus pouvoir arrêter s'il commençait) It's the only thing I don't like about it. If he refused to me, why accept after?

Oh I see, so he was just making an excuse about not having a pen. :naughty:

This is just my opinion but I've been in a lot of situations where Mika is meeting fans and I feel very strongly that when there is a private meeting (like the one that we had) that he should not spend that precious time signing autographs.

The reason is that he WILL go outside and sign autographs. So if you want his autograph you can go outside and he will sign there. If he spent his time signing autographs for the 25 of us we wouldn't have been able to have any conversation with him which was the whole reason we wanted a private meeting with him. We wanted to present him the gift and wish him a happy birthday.

I know it seems like a simple thing for him to sign an autograph but it changes the whole dynamic of the meeting. It is distracting and disruptive and there are so many other ways to get autographs and very few chances to have a private conversation with him. I have a few autographs from Mika but I was not present when he signed them. I would much rather spend the time I have with him face to face speaking to him or being part of a group conversation.

Maybe I will have the chance to meet him again and have an autograph. And maybe he don't know it was the best thing arrived in my life for lots of years and the little piece of paper be in a frame and I allow no one to touch it because it's so precious for me.

I'm sorry you weren't able to have that keepsake. :huglove: But if you go to another gig it will be a lot easier to get an autograph than it will be to have another private meeting like that. It is very unusual that he doesn't go outside to sign afterwards. It's also very unusual that Mika invites such a large group of MFCers backstage at a gig so I hope everyone who was there can appreciate that for what it was. It's not something that's going to be arranged for every gig.