Festival des montgolfières - Aug. 15, 2012 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, finally found a computer to do my report... from Washington DC:wink2:

Where should I start? After weeks of going back and forth, and getting a few no-nos, we came up with the idea of the flags. I volunteered to go get fabric and cut meters of fabric into 250 squares, my thumb still hurt.

Loved meeting everyone the night before, dinner was great.

The day of the show, I had many things to do, as we were leaving for vacation the morning right after the gig... Making suitcases, etc. Due to unfortunate last minute changes, I couldn't be with the others as early as I would (missed the soundcheck) and was practically a mess (thanks Rian for her patience and Roxy for the update)

Finally I got there, found the girls and everything was great again.

We started distributing the flags and everyone was asking us to get one. One person asked me where we got the. My answer was: I cut them myself, because I love Mika so much:thu mb_yello:

Wait was not too long and to my surprise I liked the opening act. Talented girl.

Now it was Mika's turn:wub2:

Love every second of it. Loved every song, loved the interaction with the crowd... I could not believed my eyes: he was finally there in front of me:shocked:

The time for celebrate came and everyone started waving their flags. I knew we got him when I saw his face when he finally noticed everyone waving. I was proud of our little group, I was proud of the entire crowd for getting into it. The smile on his face was a moment of pure joy.

After that, i had to leave front row because my daughter was not enjoying the blasting sound as much as I did. At firts, I was a little bummed but seeing the end of the show from afar was even greater. i could see Mika on the stage, and I could see people react to him. What a great performer:fisch:

To top everything, we met him. What I found so funny was he kept asking questions about who had the idea for everything. Told him the flags were my idea. He then said he might use it himself. Told him it was OK with me, as long as I didn,t have to cut them:blush-anim-cl: he assured me it would not be the case :wink2:

What more can I say: this night goes on my best days in my life, after my kids' birth and my wedding day:mf_rosetinted::huglove:

The ":mf_rosetinted:" is meant to go with the bolded part, right? :mf_rosetinted:

I must say I loved all your reports. It´s great to hear the reaction from people who don´t see Mika every year. I´m really happy for you all

:huglove:

@Guy Do you feel now stalked on twitter???? :mf_rosetinted:

The ":mf_rosetinted:" is meant to go with the bolded part, right? :mf_rosetinted:

I must say I loved all your reports. It´s great to hear the reaction from people who don´t see Mika every year. I´m really happy for you all

:huglove:

@Guy Do you feel now stalked on twitter???? :mf_rosetinted:

Of course, Rosa:thumb_yello:

This festival sounds amazing ! We have a bunch of festivals in Belgium but we've got nothing like this one X) The person who had the idea to organize such a festival is a pure genius :D!

OK, finally found a computer to do my report... from Washington DC:wink2:

Where should I start? After weeks of going back and forth, and getting a few no-nos, we came up with the idea of the flags. I volunteered to go get fabric and cut meters of fabric into 250 squares, my thumb still hurt.

Loved meeting everyone the night before, dinner was great.

The day of the show, I had many things to do, as we were leaving for vacation the morning right after the gig... Making suitcases, etc. Due to unfortunate last minute changes, I couldn't be with the others as early as I would (missed the soundcheck) and was practically a mess (thanks Rian for her patience and Roxy for the update)

Finally I got there, found the girls and everything was great again.

We started distributing the flags and everyone was asking us to get one. One person asked me where we got the. My answer was: I cut them myself, because I love Mika so much:thumb_yello:

Wait was not too long and to my surprise I liked the opening act. Talented girl.

Now it was Mika's turn:wub2:

Love every second of it. Loved every song, loved the interaction with the crowd... I could not believed my eyes: he was finally there in front of me:shocked:

The time for celebrate came and everyone started waving their flags. I knew we got him when I saw his face when he finally noticed everyone waving. I was proud of our little group, I was proud of the entire crowd for getting into it. The smile on his face was a moment of pure joy.

After that, i had to leave front row because my daughter was not enjoying the blasting sound as much as I did. At firts, I was a little bummed but seeing the end of the show from afar was even greater. i could see Mika on the stage, and I could see people react to him. What a great performer:fisch:

To top everything, we met him. What I found so funny was he kept asking questions about who had the idea for everything. Told him the flags were my idea. He then said he might use it himself. Told him it was OK with me, as long as I didn,t have to cut them:blush-anim-cl: he assured me it would not be the case :wink2:

What more can I say: this night goes on my best days in my life, after my kids' birth and my wedding day:mf_rosetinted::huglove:

:blush-anim-cl::thumb_yello:

Thanks for the reports everyone. I really enjoyed reading them, it must have been such an amazing gig!

Yes we do :naughty:

you can tell the difference between our accent & France?

Let me put it this way. I try to understand Mika's interviews when they're in French. If I listen to them a few times, I usually get to:

Mika: I'd understand about 80% (it helps that he usually doesn't speak very fast)

French interviewer: about 60%

Canadian interviewer: 20% at most

Your accent is so difficult!!!

Thanks for the reports everyone. I really enjoyed reading them, it must have been such an amazing gig!

Let me put it this way. I try to understand Mika's interviews when they're in French. If I listen to them a few times, I usually get to:

Mika: I'd understand about 80% (it helps that he usually doesn't speak very fast)

Not so much the accent as the vocabulary is also different!

:naughty: we are special! :aah:

actually, i'm pretty sure in 2008 when Mika came here, he didn't understand everything fans were telling him. But he's much better now :blush-anim-cl:

I don't think anyone has posted this yet... I finally found another video of Celebrate, with everyone waving the flags -- you can't see him, but you can hear Mika's laugh :)

[YOUTUBE]RwgLjNRn7c4[/YOUTUBE]

I don't think anyone has posted this yet... I finally found another video of Celebrate, with everyone waving the flags -- you can't see him, but you can hear Mika's laugh :)

Awwwww !!! Mika's laugh is so CUTE !!!! :wub2::mikalove:

Thanks a lot for posting !!!

awww :wub2:

Ha! I will never forget that laugh. What a great moment.

Awww! Thank you! What a great surprise this morning!

Ha! I will never forget that laugh. What a great moment.

I know -- and then when he took one of the squares and tied it around his

mic, and then later on his waist... Very special -- to know that for a minute

we had as much of an impact on him as he does on us. :wub2:

Yes it is:wub2:

Omg that laugh :o !! Thanks Deb :swoon:

That's what I love about him ... well I love alot of things about him :teehee: ... but that he seems to love this kind of thing ... and his reactions always make everything worthwhile ... he's a one of a kind popstar :wub2: