MIKA Returns to Milan, 21 September 2012!

dcdeb

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, don't know where to post this :naughty:

Here's an article from the press conference, held in Milan this morning. :wink2:http://musica.virgilio.it/news/pop/il-ritorno-di-mika-con-the-origin-of-love.html

In short, he talks about things we already know + the video with Dita Von Teese for Lola, and the italian lyrics:"Origin of Love is a song with a lot of words and I wanted at least a part of the message was very clear".

The return of Mika, with The Origin Of Love.

Encounter with the English singer who presents his third album.

Mika is back. Three years after the previous album (The man who knew to much), on September 25th will be released "The origin of love", 14 new songs (in the standard version) in the style of exquisite pop which has accustomed us this stylish 29 year-old British-Lebanese. Almost a concept album about different kinds of love stories and of love songs: there are those about joyful love that transforms you and those about love that consumes you, and then there's "Love You Only When I'm Drunk." There is a conversation with a prostitute as well as one with a robot ... ". "That love is what we all seek in life is a concept already developed very well by others, but at this time I wanted to talk." It's a boy in love with what we meet in the Italian presentation of the album, and less worried about having to avoid the usual questions about his sexual orientation after the outing a few months ago.

Did this being in love help you in the creation of the new album?

"It helped me a lot. The fact was that, at first, a big crush has released wild energy, such as a bottle to which skips the cap. Then, as my story went on, all its reflections, its contradictions had an effect on everything I was living and doing. Initially I became crazy because I knew that I was putting myself in all those songs as I never had done before. The origin of love also carries the signature of some of the most well-known and tested musicians and producers of the world scene: Nick Littlemore (Empire of the Sun), Pharrell Williams, William Orbit and Benny Benassi (Madonna), Greg Wells (Katy Perry, Adele), Klas Ahlund (Robyn) and a talented 22 year old guy discovered online, FrYars. "It's a true group. But it was not done just to get some prestigious names to put in the credits. We were united in virtue of the same way of making music, of the same intentions. It was not a desire to be safe."

Mika has produced two short films to accompany two tracks, Make you happy and The origin of love. how was as an experience?

"I loved it. When you write songs, somehow you have a movie in my head. At least for me it is in this way. I would have made at least 3 film for each song, but today the music industry is in a panic, in an absolute cost-cutting because of the crisis... I have contacted the directors on social networks, I did these works with a budget of $ 400 each... I wanted it to be all economic, to preserve freedom and purity. Even if the next video will be a larger project, with Dita Von Teese to incarnate the protagonist of the song Lola."

In the deluxe version of the album, exclusive to Italy, in addition to 10 bonus tracks of unreleased, acoustics and remixes, there are two songs containing some verses in Italian. Why this gift to our country?

"One of the songs is The origin of love, which is a song with a lot of words and I wanted that at least a part of the message was very clear. I speak a little of Italian (and German) from when I was a kid because studying classical music is normal. I wanted to test in this language The origin of love that it seemed to me perfect for this attempt. I only wish that my accent was better! "

Mellody, we're waiting for the podcast of the last interview, they should upload it here

http://www.deejay.it/dj/radio/programma/17/Pinocchio

http://www.deejay.it/dj/radio/programma/podcast/6/Pinocchio?idProgramma=17

thanks. :thumb_yello: i just thought someone might have recorded it. :wink2: but i still have to catch up on some other interviews anyway, guess i'll do that first then. :teehee:

thanks. :thumb_yello: i just thought someone might have recorded it. :wink2: but i still have to catch up on some other interviews anyway, guess i'll do that first then. :teehee:
yes, I have recorded it, in case they don't upload the podcast, I'll edit and post the file tomorrow :wink2:

60728_10151105084641849_1186636915_n.jpg

L'interview de Mika est dans la boîte, on vous montre la vidéo très bientôt sur aufeminin!

But wait, I'm not sure if this is in France or Italy :blink: These below are though:

lplxk.jpg

Andrea Conti ‏@aconti_Tgcom24

Impressioni sul disco con @mikasounds capito @luca_bianchini

meziw.jpg

Andrea Conti ‏@aconti_Tgcom24

@stesc86 shhhhttttt zitto!

Loving the Origin Of Love Apples theme

Edited by LaraMay