2012 - Webster Hall, New York USA, October 15 - REPORTS / PICTURES / VIDEOS

guylainem123

No Overrated, but started requesting it very loudly as soon as I realized he skipped it. :naughty:

Stardust was. :wub2: The microphone stand was right in front of me and Deb and Suzy and he planted himself there for the entire song so I was happy that it was acoustic.

There was a barrier but it was the smallest I'd ever seen. You could just reach out and touch the stage without stretching and it was so narrow as it got to the middle the photographers could not fit so it was nice because they could not get in the way. :teehee:

Deb got whipped by the microphone a few times, Mika did this crazy pilates move that I thought would never end on the floor, he just kept bending down and rolling and crawling around. It was like no gig I've ever seen, it was nuts. :shocked: I've been to gigs with no barrier but then he sort of stays back from the audience a bit when there's no barrier. For most of the gig he was as close or even closer than where I was at the points gig so it was this amazing combination of big show and as intimate as if there were only a dozen people there. I haven't experienced anything like that since he was in Toronto in early 2008. The best part is it was so unexpected.

Anyway I can't do a real gig report at the moment but suffice it to say it was one of the best. I loved the choir, I loved the small set, loved the opening act, loved the crowd. Everything was perfect.

Someone texted me before we went in that there was a good chance Katy was there but I didn't see her. i saw Perez immediately and he waved when he saw us looking. :naughty:

Going to do it all over again today if I can muster up enough energy!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who went knows at whhat time it started and ended? And did someone got to see him after the show? :)

They told us he'd come on at 9:15 and he actually came out just after 9. I don't know the time when it ended. He was in a hurry because he had to get up early for CNN but he did stop to say hi and sign CDs.

I actually found something he had signed on the ground. I didn't see anyone looking for it so perhaps they didn't realize they'd dropped it but if it belongs to you let me know and I'll mail it. :)

No Overrated, but started requesting it very loudly as soon as I realized he skipped it. :naughty:

Stardust was. :wub2: The microphone stand was right in front of me and Deb and Suzy and he planted himself there for the entire song so I was happy that it was acoustic.

Thanks for report! especially love that expression (gotta use that in my report after :naughty:

Congrats and jealous ... you just had my dream gig :wub2:

aww, thanks for all those fab no-hat-photos! :wub2: and videos. :biggrin2:

just noticed, when did he start using mics with cables again?! :blink: maybe he wants a complete back-to-2007-feeling. :teehee:

i'd also love to hear the fast version of stardust in the shows, but guess the acoustic one is easier for him... he already said in the track-by-track video that it's gonna be hard to sing, and singing is much easier if you can stay in one place instead of jumping around. :rolls_eyes:

and....the sexiest gay man in the world for straight women to watch...let me say! :swoon:

Sexy is sexy. And even if we can't order, we can still look at the menu. :mikalove:

Stardust :wub2: (NO HAT :teehee:)

[YOUTUBE]M_2821ySCkM&feature[/YOUTUBE]

That's mine -- sorry about the narrow image. I must have been holding the camera sideways, even though I didn't think I was. I'll see if I can do better tonight. :thumb_yello:

No one recorded Popular? really? :blink:

I recorded it, but sheesh, Rosa, a girl's gotta sleep sometime! :naughty:

Edited by dcdeb