2012 - den Atelier, LUXEMBOURG - 16 November - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

dcdeb

Here is my report and some pictures.

I seem to have spent an entire weekend in the space of one day it was so intense

I've spent a beautiful day again thank you all for all those beautiful moments.

It made me funny leaving job to join Isabelle and drive to Luwembourg.

We arrived around 15:30 and we had the numbers 25 and 26. It was super quiet. And super cold. We went to have a drink and liked our hot chocolates and cappuccinos.

Then we returned to brave the cold waiting until 8pm. The venue was super small! We completed the distribution of balloons and we arranged in order of the numbers, ready to be scanned. At 8 pm, we finally made it come inside and sit warm.

We install and finish distributing the waves and other parts of surprises. We've spent this waiting time listening to the music of DJ.

I do not have pictures of the concert because MrH was not there to take them.

I loved Mika's laugh on Underwater when he saw us (or rather that he didn't see us anymore) in our blue waves.

For Origin of Love, many people kept their balloons so just some flew to the stage.

The icing on my cake was ToyBoy that I wanted to see live and I finally got.

After the gig, we went out to wait for Mika while watching the flycases-train that rolled, more or less controlled, from the stage to the truck.

Mika came out and spent a lot of time with everyone. He signed my Tshirt festival 2012 (he said : "I loved it"). I congratulated him for his platinum, he told me that it was more than that, it has sold 130,000. We savored our wonderful day even when the musicians went outside. I hugged Joy and we took a picture. We spent a good time with Joy, Max and Curtis taking pictures and laughing, UNFORGETTABLE!

243705P1100557.jpg

492387P1100554.jpg

438503P1100558.jpg

235482P1100559.jpg

231917P1100562.jpg

215783P1100561.jpg

672408P1100564.jpg

Edited by LENA MACHU

So, here is my report for Luxembourg :original: - as always highly subjective :wink2:

This time it was without queuing. I have to say that I missed the crowd in Munich at the front row. Hearing the people around you singing, seeing people jumping and waving with their arms in front of you, just seeing how the crowd reacts to Mika and just feeling the energy of the crowd... So it was partly a "forced" decision because of university and the long drive, but also a conscious decision to be at a later time at the venue.

Luckily Menthe and her daughter wanted to come later, too, and so we met at the train station and we went to the venue together. Beforehand I was a little bit nervous, because I didn't know her at all, but she and her daughter were lovely people :huglove: It was very nice to talk with Menthe and so the time while waiting for the doors to open didn't feel long :original: (Menthe, I hope that it wasn't to boring for your daughter. I wish I could have talked more with her.)

Finally the doors opened and we got a place around 5 meters away from the stage. And most of the time the view was very good from there :)

This time Mika wore a men's shirt and top hat. I loved seeing him more "noble" one time, too, after the more common dressing in Cologne and Munich.

The crowd was strange - and this isn't meant in a negative way, just couldn't find a better word. Mostly the crowd is on fire and is clapping loud after the songs or the crowd is more reserved and not clapping so loud, it goes hand in hand. But this time I would describe the reaction as very good, but not as being on fire, like in Cologne. But in return the applause after the songs was so loud!

One highlight for me was "Stardust" again. I love the acoustic version, so it will be highlight all the time, but I loved how the crowd softly sang with him this time, it was so nice.

Others have written about the waves and the fish and his laughing at Underwater, so I won't add much. Just that it was a great moment when he started laughing while singing - it was the kind of "you are really crazy, but I like it"-laugh :D After that he joked with the fish-poster. But I couldn't understand what he said, only that he was talking about "Finding Nemo" and that he couldn't remember the name of the blue surgeonfish, I think.

Throughout the gig Mika spoke French, too, so I couldn't understand what he was talking. Egoistically (:rolleyes:) I had the hope that he would talk in English when he said at the beginning of the gig that it is a multicultural crowd and he doesn't know in which language he should speak. But of course the cheering after "French?" was the loudest, so he spoke French. And of course he was in a French speaking country, so it would have been silly if he wouldn't have ;)

And he said that we therefore would get 3 (French) bonus songs. In the end it were only two. Maybe he had planned "Une soleil mal lune" and than skipped it? But he played EMD - it's really one of my most favorite songs live! :boing: - and Karen :swoon: I really wanted to hear that one live one time, one reason why I decided to do Luxembourg after all. And it was really perfect, because exactly at that time people slightly changed their positions and so I had a total free view. It was like front row, only more far away. And I was a little bit worried that my head would mess up things because of my expectations and my looking forward, this moment when you start to think although you just want to feel, but it was so intense, especially at the verses, I loved it :wub2:

… And then came the fully drunken one :rolls_eyes: :blink: …. I don't know where he came from, he just went from the site to a place two rows before us. And he was really behaving like really drunk ones do… :blink: After some time a half-circle of free space was formed behind him, with the effect that it got tight in our rows. But somehow I blocked him from my mind and just went on with enjoying the concert, and then security came after not long time and pulled him away. And I felt so happy that it didn't happen at "Karen", that would have ruined everything. And admittedly it had a funny absurdity to have a total drunken guy right in your field of view throughout "Love you when I'm drunk"

Overall I thought that Mika was a little bit tired (and his voice as well). But there were some funny-mischievous situations nonetheless, aside from Underwater. Like joking with Max before Toy Boy, who had to copy every movement and singing of Mika at the beginning (and couldn't sing that low :D) or a piping intro of "Celebrate"

And it's really strange how it changes for me which songs I like more or less at different gigs. But I like that, therefore different concerts are more interesting. This time I thought "Grace Kelly" was great - beforehand it was personally never a stand-out song live for me. WAG at the end was great, too, I love it every time, but this time even more.

And I love "Lola", "Popular" and "Origin of love" more and more after every new time listening live!

While going out of the hall we even saw Mrs P through the door from afar, too. I never saw her in real life before, so it was a nice surprise.

After that Menthe and her daughter went home and I waited together with the other German fans for Mika. It was well organized, we had a barrier and a barrier tape and Mika went down the line after he came out finally. I didn't have something I wanted him to sign. If there would have been a nice moment I would've asked him about the lyrics at the end of MYH, but I was in the second row and it didn't felt right, so I just watched him. And it was great so see him so nice and smiley with all his fans :wub2:

Later Joy, Max and Curtis came out of the venue and talked a little bit with the remaining fans as well - all of them seem to be great people, too.

At the moment I'm still in a post-Mika-gig-happiness-state, just happy and thankful that I had the opportunity to experience Luxembourg (and the 2 concerts before) :wub2:

Thank you for your report DerMoment. Finally I can have a moment on our family computer shared by at least 6 persons. I was so much funnier to queue up before the gig with you DerMoment and share some thoughts about the new album and other Mika or quinea pig related things :). I hope you weren’t too tired by the long trip back home. I am looking forward to meet you in some other Mika gig soon.

I was so happy during this gig and it went by too quickly. My high lights were Rain, better live than last time at Rockhal in 2010 and TOOL, my favorite song of the new album. I missed Heroes or HE, but we got Karen instead, as the others already told. The crowd was very mixed and illustrates well how widely Mika’s music is appreciated.

Thank you for those who gave away the balloons for TOOL and organized the waves and the fishes for Underwater. It was so beautiful and fun at the same time. I just couldn’t but laugh when I saw a fish on a stick in front of me :).

I wanted to say hello to the famous Tiibet after the gig. It was really nice to meet you in real life and speak a little in finnish. :)

another long report from me... :teehee:

PART 1: BEFORE THE SHOW

i've noticed recently that writing gig reports on trains and then sending them once i have internet again is quite practical - i have too much time on trains anyway. so on the way to a gig i prepare stuff for the gig, and on the way back home i write a report. :naughty:

i decided to go to luxemburg the same day that the gig was announced, since the last luxemburg gig in 2010 is still one of my fave mika gigs ever, the atmosphere there was just amazing. AND because this time it was a tiny venue, a club for only 800 people, tho i have to say it looked even less than that when i saw it live, because a lot of people were on the huge balconies.

a while ago i had the idea to create an underwater world for underwater at one gig of this tour. originally the idea was for cologne, but as we had several other things already for that gig, and bine44, who was able to organize a lot of blue fabric for free, was also going to luxemburg, we just thought we'd do it there instead. i was busy for a while with other things, but this week i posted about the idea on mfc and on facebook, and everyone seemed to like it. lena machu even contributed with several things, thankyou lena for that! :wub2: bine44 had organized a huge pile of blue fabric, that we wanted to distribute for the crowd to hold up during UW in a way that it'd look like waves. i had some more fabric and frizzy wool to imitate algae and coloured paper and other stuff for creating some fish to "swim" in the "sea". :teehee: so at home and on the train to luxemburg i cut the wool into pieces that i put together as small "algae pompoms" to wave, and i cut out some fish from the coloured paper and made some more fish out of sparkly pipe cleaners that i'd had at home (don't ask, i have a huge box of such useful stuff at home! :lmfao:). to some fish i attached wool so they could hang from the balcony, to others i attached a cardboard stripe so you could hold them up in the air. i had only made a few fish though when i arrived at the venue in luxemburg on friday morning, didn't have more time, and that way we didn't get bored in the queue... :naughty:

we started a numbers list for queueing, and for the first 2 hours or so we could wait in a small closed area between glass doors and the entrance door, where it wasn't too cold. in the morning a guy had put fresh carpets in that area, and it was nice to sit on those. then i showed to the others who were there how i had imagined the whole thing, and how they could make fish out of the pipe cleaners. so we soon had a fish production assembly line running, which was really fun! :naughty: everyone used the pipe cleaners i had brought to create glittery pipe cleaner fish, and the paper fish were cut (thanks fran!), designed, and some of them got a thread of wool to hang them from the balcony. we had LOTS of fun with BubblesPurry's creative fish designs! i had only drawn an eye on each fish, but bubbles found that way too boring and started getting more and more creative with each fish he got his hands on. :naughty: first it was just lashes or eyebrows, but in the end we had fish that looked like dita van teese, lady gaga and louboutin, a "curly fish" that made nina crack up with laughter every time she looked at it (yes it DID look funny, but as nina laughed the most, she got the curly fish for the gig. :naughty:), and several individual designs like a vampire fish or a polka dot fish. :lmao: we all took some pix, so you'll get to see them sooner or later. :teehee: besides, i had bought 2 fish posters in an 1-euro-shop the day before, a blue fish (like dori from finding nemo) and a dolphin. someone came up with the idea to write something on the posters, and someone said that the dolphin looked like it was singing "underwaaateeeer!", which made me crack up, so i took a black marker and wrote that in the dolphin's mouth (do you say mouth when you talk about fish? :blink: probably not, but you know what i mean. :naughty:). on the dori poster, hasi wrote MFC and we all signed.

queueing fast forward, we gave most of the stuff to distribute among the crowd to the choir (thanks girls, it was lovely of you to do that! :flowers2:), only to the first 40-50 people in the queue we distributed it ourselves. we ended the list at about 40-50, and organized a proper queue at about 5pm. a bit later the security guys arrived and told us there would have to be 2 lines and they put up barriers for 2 lines. we organized it nicely that all the numbers 1, 3, 5 etc were on one side, and 2, 4, 6 etc on the other side. there was a gap in the barrier at the front of the queue though, so people could change between the 2 lines for whatever reason (for example those who had guestlist places had to be in the left line). security staff was very friendly, at some point they even put up a gas heater for us! :wub2: the doors opened only one hour later than usual, at 8pm (gig started shortly after 9, with a DJ playing from ca. 8:15-8:45), so we were REALLY glad about the heater!! most people who arrived after the 50 numbered ones formed a nice line one after another - i think some did squeeze in from the side though at the back where the barriers ended. :sneaky2: i think for at least the first 20 numbers or so the entrance went alright... maybe furette can say more about how it went further back, as she was number forty-something.

PART 2: THE SHOW

like i said, the venue was (or at least seemed) tiny, the barriers were quite close to the stage so i could have touched mika if i leaned forward, the security guys were relaxed (they didn't even check our bags at the entrance, and also in the space between stage and barrier we could just put our stuff, no one cared), and everyone i talked with was happy with their places. the stage wasn't particularly high, but as there was just such a small space in between, and mika is so tall, we still had to stretch our necks to the back to see him properly. :naughty: but it was so lovely... i was front row center (slightly to the left, where mika stood most of the time), and it just felt great to have mika just about an arm's length away from you for nearly 2 hours. :wub2: there were several screaming girls in the crowd that disturbed me a bit before the show, but once mika was on stage i didn't even notice them anymore.

i liked the beginning of the show, they had sort of an intro that was new (at least to me, haven't read reports from the french shows of the last week), a version of the OOL "prayer", so i first thought he'd start with OOL tho the setlist said relax. it just was a short intro though, then relax started. BIOTG wasn't on the setlist, neither was happy ending, but karen was there, it was fab to hear it again! :wub2: toy boy wasn' t on the setlist either, but he played it, and before it he did some funny things with max, think i got that on video. lollipop was on the setlist but he skipped it. think that's the first (proper) gig i've seen where he didn't do lollipop! :shocked: i didn't miss the song itself, but it confused me a bit, as we didn't know, was WAG really the last song or has he just swapped the two? and i think the gig was a bit shorter that way, so i wouldn't have minded if he had played something else instead of HE and lollipop, instead of just skipping them. :fisch:

love today was fab, mika motioned max to climb on the piano, it was a bit like a dog owner telling his dog what to do. "sit!" :lmfao: max didn't look very pleased, he looked a bit like "oh no, not again! :aah:" but he did as he was told. he danced on the piano, and at some point mika said something about him, which i didn't understand as it was french, but just watching them interact was funny enough, so that was a really hilarious moment of the show. :lmfao: before toy boy it went on, mika showed some gestures and max had to imitate them. it was just some silly fooling around i think (or whatever mika might have had in his mind when he did that, but it did look funny in any case! :naughty:).

Oh, and mika whistled during 2 songs, don't remember what it was, think one of them was the SITM intro where he told tim to do that whistling sound – I didn't really get what that was all about, probably just some spontaneous idea he'd had to add to the music, but it didn't really do much for me.

he talked french for most of the show, just the odd word or sentence in english but i didn' t get most of that either as my brain didn't realize that quickly that the language had changed. :bleh: after the 2nd or 3rd song he asked the crowd which language he should speak, english, deutsch or francais - instead of deutsch i understood french so i was completely confused - but whatever, he wouldn't have spoken much in german anyway, lol! :teehee: the sound wasn't that good, the speakers were more next to us than in front of us, so it was even harder to understand anything of the french he spoke... sound was better than in cologne, but for the french talking i would have needed a really clear sound (like it had been the case at rockhal in 2010) to understand half of it. i filmed most of his talking though, so i hope someone can just translate that for us then. ;-)

as small things we had brought some star-shaped glitter for stardust, and some left-over glowing hearts from the munich gig for OOL, and others had brought heart-shaped balloons (it seems that nowadays since mika doesn't have balloons in his shows anymore the fans always bring some! :naughty:). the french fanclub had made a beautiful chain of hearts that were made of fabric or felt, i think handmade... we put it on the stage for them when they gave it to the front, and mika hung it around his mic stand. the star-shaped glitter looked nice, but mika told me after the show that he couldn' t dance anymore because of it... :blush-anim-cl: (because it was slippery and he didn't have much space on the stage anyway). - see part 3 of my report.

like others have posted it already, our underwater world made mika laugh so much he had to stop singing for a moment. :naughty: sabine has it on video, it's so funny! First he sings with his eyes closed, then he opens them, looks in the crowd, you can see how he slowly starts realizing what it is, he smiles, his smile gets broader and broader, and then he cracks up laughing. :lmfao: from the direction he looked, I think he might have seen the louboutin and lady gaga fish that some of the french (I think?) fans held up behind us - and that it was this what made him laugh so much. at some point of the song he took my fish that I held up (it was made of silver glitter foil) and moved it behind his back so it was visible in turns above his left and right shoulder, that also really made me laugh. he gave it back to me, and towards the end of the song we put the 2 posters on stage (actually the plan had been to put just the mfc one on stage, so he'd have OUR autographs for a change :teehee:, but somehow the dolphin one ended up on stage as well :naughty:). He held up both posters, after another, and said something in french about them. Kate told me after the show that he said he found the dolphin scary, or something like that. All I understood was that he said “Flipper”. and at another point of the show he said something about the little mermaid, but I didn't get that either. :aah:

the choir wasn't on stage as much as usual, we saw that mika motioned them to stay back a few times... and one of the choir members told me after the show that he had told them it was because the audience on the side couldn't see him anymore when the choir was on stage. I think they hardly could see him anyway, but whatever... my guess is that it was because of the tiny stage, it all was really cramped anyway and with a bunch of choir members on stage there hardly was any space left for anyone to move. :aah: the stage in munich had already been to small for the choir, but this one was even tinier! The choir member also told me that they were supposed to be on stage for drunk, pretending to be drunk and falling over :naughty: - i'm looking forward to see that when they do it at another show, but in luxemburg mika skipped that idea when he saw how tiny the stage was. There wasn't any space for the choir to fall over!

PART 3: AFTERSHOW

after the show I didn't feel well and waited inside, sitting on the heater, until they threw us out. Then I joined the other german fans who were waiting behind the barriers, watching the stage stuff being rolled towards the truck – the staff had to do that all via the front entrance as there wasn't really a backstage entrance (obviously there was some door at the back, but only a small one so the artists can enter or leave the venue that way). At some point security moved the crowd to the other side and after waiting for some more time, the choir left and a van entered the area, so we knew mika would soon come out. When he finally did, it was obvious that he was freezing! (his jacket was open though, dunno why he didn't just close it?!) So I didn't think he'd stay long, but he took a lot of time for everyone and worked his way along the whole long line, so sweet of him! :wub2: when he got to our group, we talked about the underwater world, think it was him who mentioned it but not sure anymore, this part of our conversation is blurry to me. I just remember I told him that it had been my idea but that we had all done it together (probably he asked, as actually I hadn't planned to talk about that at all, lol!), and telling him that I hope we didn't ruin the slow beautiful song too much, as it made him laugh, and he immediately said no not at all and that he loved it. :wub2: anyway, I then told him what I had wanted to, saying goodbye as this was very likely the last show of the tour for me as I had to save money because I'll be getting married next year... and mika congratulated me on that and asked “so you're not coming to london?!” - we talked a bit about that, anyway he managed to give me the feeling that he did care whether I was there or not, so now i'm seriously considering going to london. :aah: especially now also with those no-tour-in-2013-rumours, if that's one of his last “real” shows (as opposed to festivals) in europe for the next year or so, I think I need to! :aah: but the sweetest thing was, he just took the silver-glitterfoil-fish that I was holding (since it didn't fit in my small bag) out of my hand and wrote me a really lovely autograph on it. :wub2: it says “thank you so much for everything. I wish you all the best for the wedding. You are amazing!” - a heart, his signature and an X. - aww! :wub2: - while he was still writing, miri commented something about the glitter fish, something about the best fish or prettiest fish or whatever, and that gave mika an idea and he wrote even more, he first said something about lady jane, and i think he wanted to write that (you can see that he corrected one letter), but what he wrote in the end, above the other text, was “to the fairest fish of them all!” - :wub2::swoon: then he went on along the line of fans, but after a moment he turned back to me, grabbed my upper arm and told me about the not being able to dance anymore because of the glitter stars, like “oh, by the way, I don't know if you noticed, but...” - smiling and being his cute usual self, so although he kinda told me off for the stars (tho that hadn't been just my idea, and actually I wanted to throw them in the air and not on stage, lol!), he didn't make me feel bad, by doing it in such a sweet way. :wub2: anyway I apologized to him for that, and then went back to chatting with my friends.

We just kept standing where we were, not even watching mika or taking pix, but I think I was just unable to move in that moment. :teehee: then mika kind of woke me up from my trance by loudly saying “bye guys!” to our group, as he moved further along the line. dunno if he just wanted to say bye as he hadn't done that before, or if it was meant as “we're done, you can leave now!” :naughty: - anyway we then stepped back to the wall and discussed whether we wanted to wait for the band to come out (tim was already in the van that mika would leave in, but we hadn't seen the other band members) and decided that we would. As mika still wasn't too far away, I did take a few zoom pix from the back then, until I had one that I was satisfied with, and then we just chatted, waited for mika to finish signing and leave, and then for the band. Luckily we didn't have to wait long. We heard from someone that felix had already left, so we asked thomas whether the other band members were still there, and he said “you want to see them too?!” and returned with them a minute later. :teehee: I took some pix, shortly talked with curtis (but don't remember what), and then also with joy, she actually talked to me, asking me how I was doing and we chatted for a minute, iirc it was something about the cold weather and I mentioned rome that it was warm there and she said they had missed me in rome as they love seeing familiar faces, something along those lines. ;-) then the french/belgian fans asked them for a picture, which gave us the idea we could ask them as well, but then the bus driver hooted, he wanted them to get inside, so that's why we didn't ask in the end. Anyway, it was lovely meeting them, they're all so nice! :wub2:

Ah, something else I remember... while we were waiting for mika to come out, there was a guy with the leftover sandwiches from the bar, and we got them for free, yay! A gas heater for queueing and free sandwiches after the show? Now that's the kind of venue I like! :biggrin2: oh, and there was a crazy fangirl rushing towards mika when she thought he'd get in the van, although he just wanted to go around the barrier to come to our part of the line. Luckily it was just one girl and the rest stayed in the line, although the girl had broken the plastic band between 2 barriers that was supposed to hold us back. :teehee: mika looked a bit like :blink: when she suddenly came rushing towards him, but he didn't wince (like I did :teehee:) but just told her politely that he'd come to her part of the line later.

so well, as a summary, i think it was a great venue, the show/atmosphere was not as fantastic as at the last luxemburg gig but it was fun anyway, and the aftershow m&g was wonderful! :fangurl: also the queueing was great (if it hadn't been so cold!), we had a lot of fun - so thanks to everyone who was there before, during and after the show, for the great company - was fab meeting you all (again)! :wub2:

the doors opened only one hour later than usual, at 8pm (gig started shortly after 9, with a DJ playing from ca. 8:15-8:45), so we were REALLY glad about the heater!! most people who arrived after the 50 numbered ones formed a nice line one after another - i think some did squeeze in from the side though at the back where the barriers ended. :sneaky2: i think for at least the first 20 numbers or so the entrance went alright... maybe furette can say more about how it went further back, as she was number forty-something.

Well the majority stayed in the line but there was a group of 10 people or so who just entered the line from the sides. But there are always people like that. When the doors opened there was a little pushing from behind, so it was really cramped between those barriers, but as the line proceeded smoothly and it didn't take that long to pass them, that was also ok.

And the number on my hand... I forgot to remove it properly, so yesterday when I met with some colleagues they were like: why is there a number on your hand? It was kind of difficult to explain that...:blush-anim-cl:

love today was fab, mika motioned max to climb on the piano, it was a bit like a dog owner telling his dog what to do. "sit!" :lmfao: max didn't look very pleased, he looked a bit like "oh no, not again! :aah:" but he did as he was told.

Oh, I thought he looked a little bit puzzled because he climbed on the piano and then realised he had no microphone up there for his singing later on...

he danced on the piano, and at some point mika said something about him, which i didn't understand as it was french, but just watching them interact was funny enough, so that was a really hilarious moment of the show. :lmfao: before toy boy it went on, mika showed some gestures and max had to imitate them. it was just some silly fooling around i think (or whatever mika might have had in his mind when he did that, but it did look funny in any case! :naughty:).

I'm looking forward to seeing that. If I remember correctly he told something about Max's style of dancing. Like if he is in a club and everyone is just moving a little in a cool way, an max is there, max would be dancing like crazy. And then he showed his interpretation of max's dance and asked him to show it to the crowd.

I think I'll just keep the heart and the fish with my lametta from Cologne. They are quite nice on my shelf in the living room. :thumb_yello:

So here is my report :wink2:.

On Thursday at noon I arrived in Luxemburg and met Faballa at the station. On our way to the hotel we decided to walk the street where the venue was. So we saw Den Atelier and joked around that we already could start the queue :floor:. Then we went to the hotel and before we arrived there we met Graciosa and her husband. Fran was already waiting for us and after a short rest we all went for a little sight seeing tour. In the evening we came back to the hotel and decided we would go to the pizzeria near the hotel when Hasi and Bubbles arrived in Luxemburg. I think it was 8.30 pm when we all met at the pizzeria and we had really nice evening there.

P1000524.jpg

Next day we queued and as Mellody already reported we had a lot of fun with making the fish and all the other stuff. Even it was so cold I loved every minute of the day because we were together and were joking around. And when the security guy brought us the heater we thought it was Christmas.

The stage was so small, they had to remove the micros of the choir that the band and Mika could walk on stage properly and when the choir came on stage for the first time they looked a bit confused because the micros weren´t on their place. Before the gig started I told Graciosa that I wanted to film Stardust and Underwater and I also got Popular and a big part of OOL. Mika´s reaction to our underwaterworld was so funny and I´m so happy I have it on video. Someone gave me one of the posters during Underwater and I put it on stage during the song, one security guy rushed to me took the poster and threw it back to me but two seconds later Mika stood in front of me and wanted me to give him the poster ( that´s where the vid is a little blurry ) . About the rest of the gig I have nothing more to tell than Hasi and Mellody already told you. Here are my vids. Have fun

[YOUTUBE]-WzOtpJk4zc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]rKfeP8EAYbY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]llddIPHYADw[/YOUTUBE]

Hello everyone!

I also went to Luxembourg this Friday, November 16… I had gained my places here even, and I still thank MFC for them!!! :huglove:

We arrived around 11:15 with my friends, there were already some people, of which members of the MFC. They immediately accommodated us with a great kindness, and gave us fun objects to use at the time of the concert. I found them very nice! :huglove:

My friends and me planes bought a bouquet of flower for Mika, and we went to deposit it at the entrance of the Workshop the morning. While entering the room, Kate noticed that it was always there :sneaky2: (thank you Kate!), therefore I took again it myself at the end of the concert! lol

After a long day of waiting, where one was very cold, the hour of the entry finally arrived. I was stressed a little because I did not have my tickets, considering they were gained places… But a very nice lady announced to me that we were entitled to Meet & Greet, my friend and me!! I do not tell you in what a state we were!!! Super happy!!! :thumb_yello:

The concert was formidable, I was unchained and charmed because Mika spoke much, and in French (my language), therefore I very understood! After the concert, Sylvie and me, we remained in the room as it had been asked to us. There were 4 other people. Thomas came to seek us and made us deposit our bags in bottom of a staircase. I was over-excited! Then it made us go up… :doh:

We arrived in a small very nice living room, and one asked us to wait. Through a wall, we saw Mika and his musicians who discussed, ready to eat. Mika came towards us and greeted everyone. :blush-anim-cl: Then it spent a few minutes close to each one (to be received its gifts and to make a photograph). When it came close to us (glups!), we offered the bouquet and the small letter to him who we had made for him. It read it while smiling (it was a funny letter!) then thanked us. He told us that he liked much the bouquet (even if he offered it to Joy, because he was imposing and not practises to transport!). Then, Sylvie and me offered a small present to him, and we made our photograph! After that, Mika returned close to us to sign our tee-shirts (which I had made myself). He spent time and applied well I find! We were impressed and did not speak much… :blink:

When we are gone down again, a great file expected Mika, and he took the time to make all the turn to sign autographs! :shocked:

It is one evening unforgettable, thank you very much still with the MFC, they were fabulous!!!!! :wub2:

Christine.

(I translated my text on Internet, afflicted for the faults… :naughty:)

thanks everyone for your lovely reports/pix/videos! :wub2: jamieroo, it was lovely to meet you and your friends! :thumb_yello:

here are my videos - i mostly filmed the talking - maybe someone can translate or at least transcribe (so we can enter it in google translate :teehee:) what he said for the non-french-speakers of us? :puppy_eyes: ... and a few bits & pieces of songs (only of toyboy it's the whole song). if you want to see mika during UW, watch sabine's video, i filmed 2 bits of the song but i mainly filmed the crowd so you can watch my videos if you want to get an idea what our UW-world looked like. :wink2:

Thanks for all the lovely reports, vids and pics! :original:

Jamieroo, it seemed like a great experience!

maybe someone can translate or at least transcribe (so we can enter it in google translate :teehee:) what he said for the non-french-speakers of us? :puppy_eyes:

:puppy_eyes:, too

Sorry I did not have time to make a proper report, I'll do it tomorrow when I'll be home...

But what a day and what a gig :wub2:

He says "It's a multi-cultural country...Do you want it in english, french, français ? (german fans : "no no !" :naughty:) Ok I'll speak french ! I'll speak french otherwise that's the guillotine and for the moment I like my head :aah:

"Even the people there who don't speak french ! Ah, you are french ? ah belgian ? What ? Where are we now ? OK, wait, french : shout ! (pple screaming), swedish ? (nobody screaming), australian ? (Tim and Félix screaming :aah:), mexican, there (showing somebody), from Luxemburg ?(people screaming), from Liban ? (a few pple screaming)and eventually belgian ? (a lot of pple screaming).

Mika takes the dolphin poster and says "I was singing the song and during the song I saw this (showing the poster) in front of my face, a sort of Flipper but a nightmare Flipper, absolutely trashy (or crap :aah:)... and this one (showing the fish poster), it is a little bit stupid... that would be sad to be an animal the whole word think he's stupid because he's got a stupid face even if he is not stupid... And in "Nemo" he is a little bit ... (meaning stupid with his hand on his head), and in "the little mermaid", he's a little bit...the big one (crowd screaming "polochon", the name of the fish)... I don't know but he is also a little bit... (meaning stupid) but he is open-handed...

So.... start the intro !(looking at the band)... here we go to Paris, it is 4 o'clock in the morning and, in fact, it was the day I had been given my wax statue in the Musée Grévin in Paris and I looked at me (at the statue actually) and I did not like what I have seen... especially there (showing his booty) and there (showing his neck)... all the places you can't see in the mirror ! and when you see it for the first time it is a little bit depressing (he said "depressionant" in french instead of "déprimant")... it's me the little fish (meaning stupid again)... and that was my statue in the Musée Grévin and I had a strange feeling...

So, at 2 o'clock in the morning I was with my friend Doriand and we went to a bar near his home, it was 3 or 4 o'clock in the morning and we sat at the bar... it's a night bar who's name is "le 82", 82 rue des Martyrs...

and as it is a night bar, most of people working all day long go there before going to sleep at 5 o'clock in the morning...to drink and forget their lives... to forget the day and get in a good mood... exactly what I wanted to do as well this night.... and we met a girl whose name was Karen and Karen told us her whole story, and the day after, we get really impressed me and Doriand...so we have written the rest of her story, we have imagined something else... and here's her song...

But only one thing : as I am alone tonight and I was not supposed to sing that song, you've got to help singing the chorus, OK ?

Kind of translation :wink2:

Edited by Sweetieval

German review:

So war’s bei … Mika

Nach zweieinhalb Jahren machte Popsensation Mika wieder einmal Station in Luxemburg. Im ausverkauften Atelier präsentierte er neben Songs aus seinem erst kürzlich erschienenen Album “The Origin Of Love” auch die Hits seiner vorangegangenen Studioalben.

(Luxemburg) Gleich mit dem Opener "Relax, Take It Easy", einem Hit aus seinem Debütalbum, reißt Mika das Publikum mit. Quirlig hüpft der Brite über die Bühne und schwingt dabei die Hüften. Seine wilde Lockenmähne, eines seiner Markenzeichen, wird er den ganzen Abend unter einem schwarzen Zylinder verstecken.

Begeistert zeigte sich der Sänger von der multikulturellen Ausrichtung Luxemburgs. Wenig verwunderlich, schließlich ist Mika selbst Sohn einer Libanesin und eines Amerikaners, geboren in Beirut, aufgewachsen in Paris und London. Zur Abstimmung stellt er dann auch, in welcher Sprache er mit dem Publikum während des Konzerts kommunizieren soll. Deutsch? Englisch? Oder doch Französisch? Jedesmal schallt ihm ein ohrenbetäubender Jubel entgegen. Einzig die frankophonen Besucher sind ein wenig lauter, so dass der fließend französisch parlierende Mika ganz demokratisch für den Rest des Abends bei Französisch bleibt.

Experimentierfreudig zeigt sich Mika mit seinem „Polka Dot“-Chor – acht junge Damen, die bei einigen Stücken den Hintergrundgesang beisteuern. In ihren weißen Gewändern mit großen grünen Punkten erinnern die Damen entfernt an die Mainzer Hofsänger aus "Mainz bleibt Mainz …", passen damit aber gut in die Deko, die auch aus ebenso gemusterten Säulen und Aufstellern besteht. Experimentierfreudig ist das Konzept aber nicht wegen der ungewöhnlichen Outfits, sondern wegen der Tatsache, dass der Chor bei jedem Konzert seiner Tour neu aus Fans gebildet wird, die sich zuvor im Internet hierfür mit einem Gesangsvideo bewerben müssen.

Neben mitreißenden Happy-Pop-Hits wie "Love Today" und "Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)" präsentiert Mika am Piano mit dem neuen Song "Stardust" auch leisere Töne. Etwas melancholisch geht es mit dem ebenfalls neuen "Underwater" weiter. Das Publikum in den ersten Reihen schwenkt hierbei brav die zuvor ausgeteilten blauen Stoffbahnen, auf der Galerie schwimmen Pappfische durch die Luft.

Gegen Ende des unterhaltsamen Abends darf dann natürlich nicht das Lied fehlen, mit dem Mika seinen Durchbruch schaffte: "Grace Kelly". Schließlich entlässt Mika das begeisterte Publikum mit den beiden Zugaben "Lollipop" und "We Are Golden".

Text: Christian Berndt

http://lifestyle.volksfreund.de/startseite/so-wars-bei-mika

German review:

Gleich mit dem Opener "Relax, Take It Easy", einem Hit aus seinem Debütalbum, reißt Mika das Publikum mit. Quirlig hüpft der Brite über die Bühne und schwingt dabei die Hüften. Seine wilde Lockenmähne, eines seiner Markenzeichen, wird er den ganzen Abend unter einem schwarzen Zylinder verstecken.

http://lifestyle.volksfreund.de/startseite/so-wars-bei-mika

Ok... who wrote this? It really sounds like an MFCer: same way of adoring the gig, and even complaining about the hat :aah:

I like the description... "hüpft über die Bühne und schwing dabei die Hüften". It's sentences like these that make me love German on occasion :teehee:

Really enjoyed reading your reports everyone! and thanks for the vids as well! Especially thank you Sabine for the Underwater video, I was so curious to see the underwater world you guys had created:thumb_yello:

Here's the link for my pictures on FB :

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4965629822665.2196594.1356738689&type=3

I did not have time to upload them on hosting**

Little CR :

I decided the day before that I would go to Luxembourg without any ticket, some friends on Twitter convinced me to do it (:wink2: Graciosa).

It was risky because it is a tiny venue :teehee:

We left home with Béa at 9.45 am and arrived there around 1 pm.

There was already a queue of french/belgian/german fans and we were given number 18 and 19. We were given some stuff for the gig like heart glow, ballons and fish (I took the Louboutin one and got it signed by Mika at the end :naughty:)

I was quite stressed all day long because I had no news of the ticket before 5 pm, eventually a girl told me she was going to the gig and would bring me the ticket around 7.30 pm. I was not sure I could go inside the venue on time with the other fans to get a good spot but they opened the door at 8 pm so I was row 2-3, good for me because I am tall...

The DJ was.... no comment !

And then came Mika, he was really concerned about the people in the corner which he thought they could not see him... He was very talkative that night !

He asked people wich language he should talk and finally decided to make it in french (sorry for german fans:wink2:)

Well, I was so happy to be there... I can't talk about the setlist because I have no idea of the songs order...

It was a dream to be there in front of Mika again :wub2:

Just one regret, I took my old camera because I was not sure to get a ticket and I thought that security in Lux would be harder than in France but they did not look at our bags...

So I had a nice day with nice friends and a nice evening in the gig and after the gig, as Mika came to see and sign for everybody... He made a special autograph for one french forum we are also and I have filmed that...

When he came in my direction, I gave him the fish to be signed and I told him "thank you very much, the show was ****** good"... "as usual" and he looked at me smiling saying "merciiii !" :wub2:

Well, I'll post my videos when they are upload (it is so long on YT :sneaky2:)

And I am happy to have met you all again :thumb_yello: