REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS/ MIKA @ The Venue VANCOUVER, BC - March 22, 2013

robertina

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe we can hope that someone was a little bit naughty, and filmed a few snippets:teehee: we can live in hope:wink2:

I hope so :crossed: Damn, I wanna respect Mika's wishes not to record anything, I really do.. but is this even possible? Now he makes me feel like a bad fan :sneaky2:

The set looks amazing :wub2:

x2_1128c52f

That looks like the jacket he wore on Jools Holland on the NYE show in 2007. Wow. :naughty:

tumblr_mk3loaQBvB1qmilpko1_500.jpg

Wow this is the kind of show we started asking for after the crazy circus of Parc des Princes. I thought the acoustic tour of 2009 would be like this but it turned out quite huge in a way. Although those shows were great too.

Can't wait to see this! I can't believe he's doing 17 shows like this and it's not just one special gig. It's going to be such a great tour.

He found chinese food in China Town :thumb_yello:

59bf95b8-15fb-4ecf-9a0c-4abf407ddc6c_zps8c897af2.jpg

I wonder if he liked it. I ordered Chinese food in Vancouver and threw it all out it was so gross. :aah: In fact the only edible westernized Chinese food I've found away from my local was at a restaurant on Kensington High Street in London. Otherwise I will not eat Chinese food outside of Toronto. It's always a disappointment.

I hope so :crossed: Damn, I wanna respect Mika's wishes not to record anything, I really do.. but is this even possible? Now he makes me feel like a bad fan :sneaky2:

You're not the bad one here! :sneaky2:

I would be surprised if anyone recorded in Vancouver, especially new songs. Only hardcore fans are interested in new songs and Vancouver is very subdued as you can tell by the total lack of queuing beforehand.

But I don't think he's goong to be able to keep it under wraps throughout the US and I hope he doesn't even try. Not sure what the point of him coming here is if only a handful of people get to witness these shows. There isn't going to be any buzz about them at all this way. It's bad enough that there are people who couldn't get tickets because they were snapped up by scalpers and are languishing on brokerage sites without having no videos anywhere.

One Korean fan's blog - sorry all written in Korean but you can see some good pics here

http://blog.naver.com/lllollol6?Redirect=Log&logNo=80185975428

quote under the 3rd pic is - Mika crumpling the note written '15 mins left' :naughty:

I can see "only $40!" :naughty: and that is definitely the Jools Holland jacket. Did she go to Vancouver for the concert or she's staying there?

I wonder if he liked it. I ordered Chinese food in Vancouver and threw it all out it was so gross. :aah: In fact the only edible westernized Chinese food I've found away from my local was at a restaurant on Kensington High Street in London. Otherwise I will not eat Chinese food outside of Toronto. It's always a disappointment.

I see the other guy said it was a great restaurant,I hope he enjoyed it.Anyway,he seems to be obsessed by food lately.....or he was always like that? :blink:

I can see "only $40!" :naughty: and that is definitely the Jools Holland jacket. Did she go to Vancouver for the concert or she's staying there?

According to the blog she stays there for working-holiday program ... yes it's def only $40 , thinking of his gig in Seoul generally costs $90 to $130 :mf_rosetinted:

Wow :D Lucky Americans & Canadians, it was worth waiting ;-)

I'm really looking forward to listen to the news songs... Too bad filming wasn't permitted but this is maybe more exciting this way. I hope Mika'll be careful and REST between his gigs this time. ;'>

I see the other guy said it was a great restaurant,I hope he enjoyed it.Anyway,he seems to be obsessed by food lately.....or he was always like that? :blink:

I think he's always been interested in food when he travels. Maybe he'll gain some weight so he can wear the Jools Holland pants too. :teehee:

According to the blog she stays there for working-holiday program ... yes it's def only $40 , thinking of his gig in Seoul generally costs $90 to $130 :mf_rosetinted:

My first gig was $15 in a very similar venue so his prices have still gone way up. :naughty:

I think he's always been interested in food when he travels. Maybe he'll gain some weight so he can wear the Jools Holland pants too. :teehee:

My first gig was $15 in a very similar venue so his prices have still gone way up. :naughty:

I remember going to shows for 5$... :thumb_yello:

I remember going to shows for 5$... :thumb_yello:

I meant my first Mika show. They were priced way too low though. Scalpers were selling them for $100 at the venue. No one had heard of Mika when the tickets went on sale but by the date of the show LICM was #2 on the Canadian charts.

Okay, I'm feeling like a bad fan saying this if those are his wishes: But maybe someone could record without holding up his camera if filming isn't allowed in other gigs as well. Nobody would see that and we would have the audio at least…

But I really hope it was just a one-time-thing in Vancouver! It would be torture otherwise - new songs and no way of seeing and hearing them :tears:

Edited by DerMoment1608

Okay, I'm feeling like a bad fan saying this if those are his wishes: But maybe someone could record without holding up his camera if filming isn't allowed in other gigs as well. Nobody would see that and we would have the audio at least…

I am hoping he chills out a bit. I don't see how recording can be prohibited for 17 shows and I'm sure there are many places where people will not respect it, especially if they are at the back where they can't be seen. It would be a shame if this is the only time he performs Century Man though. I think it's more than coincidence that the only 2 times he's prohibited recording have been the only 2 times he's performed this song.

Poor man must be starving after he has moved at his home,no more mom's delicious food :teehee:

But we know for sure that this was his request,or the venue's rules? I hope that recording was forbidden just for last night,we're dying here :aah:

Poor man must be starving after he has moved at his home,no more mom's delicious food :teehee:

But we know for sure that this was his request,or the venue's rules? I hope that recording was forbidden just for last night,we're dying here :aah:

I think it's not bad, if properly banned during entire tour. I prefer to listen in live or proper CD recording... listening new song in badly recorded one ruin the expectation of the song itself....... I once experienced that from some of TOOL songs..

I think it's not bad, if properly banned during entire tour. I prefer to listen in live or proper CD recording... listening new song in badly recorded one ruin the expectation of the song itself....... I once experienced that from some of TOOL songs..

Yes but he is not just banning new songs but the whole gig. I really think it's a bad move in this day and age. I don't think he's ever going to record Century Man anyway. It's at least 6 years old. Unless he has reworked it for film or something and that's why he doesn't want it leaking at this point.

Anyway I'm very curious about it after all these years and hope to hear it soon. :teehee:

:wub2::wub2::wub2::swoon: I want that in Europe :tears:

we should start a petition for him bringing those shows to europe! :fisch: i know a bunch of people who would sign that! :teehee:

i love their jackets, they look really well together! :wub2: the whole stage set looks so vintage, like a room from the 70s. :thumb_yello: where are the stage props though of which mana posted a photo? :dunno: