NEW VIDEO! Popular Song ft. Ariana Grande

dcdeb

This is VERY exciting; I would have been beside myself.

Wonder if sending this pic to some stores in USA & elsewhere might ignite

a wonderful surge --or 'MIKA-spark'-- of similar showings in

many additional stores -- HuuuuuuuuuuuuM ?

Edited by A. Clay

So my daughter and I walk into the mall today to buy some clothes.

Our first stop is a JCPenney store and as went into some new clothing line area, my daughter grabs my arm, stops me and points up. I listen and realize they are playing Stardust! We stay and listen and are amazed that it is being played there.

Our next stop is a high end clothing store called Von Maur. We walk in and again, my daughter grabs my arm, stops me and points up. I then realize that I am hearing Popular Song. BUT WAIT! My daughter then turns me around AND THE VIDEO IS PLAYING ON A BIG SCREEN!

tumblr_mpvwja9LGX1svr6u9o1_1280.jpg

What are the odds?!?

It was a good day for shopping...and Mika.

If I'd been there I'd have been swinging from the light fixtures! Especially seeing our gorgeous Mika on the big screen!

This is such wonderful news!

So my daughter and I walk into the mall today to buy some clothes.

Our first stop is a JCPenney store and as went into some new clothing line area, my daughter grabs my arm, stops me and points up. I listen and realize they are playing Stardust! We stay and listen and are amazed that it is being played there.

Our next stop is a high end clothing store called Von Maur. We walk in and again, my daughter grabs my arm, stops me and points up. I then realize that I am hearing Popular Song. BUT WAIT! My daughter then turns me around AND THE VIDEO IS PLAYING ON A BIG SCREEN!

tumblr_mpvwja9LGX1svr6u9o1_1280.jpg

What are the odds?!?

It was a good day for shopping...and Mika.

OMG!!! :jawdrop: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Was this at Westroads? craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap i couldve been there for this. damn my lack of a need for clothes or ya know, desire to go to the mall :aah:

OMG!!! :jawdrop: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Was this at Westroads? craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap i couldve been there for this. damn my lack of a need for clothes or ya know, desire to go to the mall :aah:

Why...yes it was Westroads! Maybe you should just go into Von Maur and sit in front of that TV until is plays again? I'm sure the staff won't mind.

Timing is everything...one minute later at either store and we wouldn't have ever know those songs were ever played...

Why...yes it was Westroads! Maybe you should just go into Von Maur and sit in front of that TV until is plays again? I'm sure the staff won't mind.

Timing is everything...one minute later at either store and we wouldn't have ever know those songs were ever played...

thought it looked familar! never bought anything at Von Maur, but they have the best restrooms in whole mall.

i'll have to do that :teehee: i'm dying to hear a Mika song in a store. never thought it'd happen in Nebby.

you had excellent timing, must've been fate :aah:

Mika-Popular-Song-Ariana-Grande-Video.png

:Update: :: YUP!

has EXCEEDED

Music video by MIKA performing Popular Song.

© 2013 Casablanca Music,

LLC under exclusive licensing to Universal Republic Records,

a division of UMG Recordings, Inc.

Artist MIKA

Edited by A. Clay

Mika-Popular-Song-Ariana-Grande-Video.png

has EXCEEDED

© 2013 Casablanca Music,

Artist MIKA

There is still such interest in the song on Twitter! Mika's timeline is always full of positive tweets about the song, Mika and Ariana.

has NOW EXCEEDED

tumblr_mm10vpKiP21qhq1zgo1_r1_500.gif

© 2013 Casablanca Music,

Artist MIKA

Edited by A. Clay

GUYS GUYS! :excite:

I just found a really really nice article about Popular, published for this weekend, really positive one! it's a very popular newspaper in Israel:

http://www.rosh1.co.il/?p=61634

It's in Hebrew but here's a translation:

"Ariana Grande and Mika

It's not a dream...

Do you know the feeling when you miss something so much, waiting, hoping, enjoying of nostalgic sweet moments, and then a comeback and it's better then you've expected? so... Hi MIKA!

We've waited a long time for MIKA to make a noise. The colorful singer who once used to be permanent resident in our playlist, put himself willingly into a deep hibernation and disappeared recently from our radar. But not anymore! The king is back, and he brings with him an amazing princess, Ariana Grande, so it will be very sweet.

Popular Song is the second single from the third MIKA's album "The Origin Of Love", and there is a story behind it.

On the album, the song is based on the renowned WICKED, and comes complete with a different singer, other rhythms and quite harsh words.

For the single, Mika decided to change a direction. He changed the words, make tender rhythms, and replaced the biting text with such a cool and catchy one, so it can also be on the playlist and approved by the parents. The result? Colorful, cool and hot, but you didn't really expected differently from a song that proclaims himself as the popular King of the class, right?

Welcome Back MIKA. We missed a lot!"

Some mistakes, I know :mf_rosetinted: But yay! and the comments below are so lovely, I just :wub2:

Edited by lollipop161

I just found a really really nice article about Popular, published for this weekend, really positive one! it's a very popular newspaper in Israel:

"Ariana Grande and Mika

It's not a dream...

Do you know the feeling when you miss something so much, waiting, hoping, enjoying of nostalgic sweet moments, and then a comeback and it's better then you've expected? so... Hi MIKA!

We've waited a long time for MIKA to make a noise. The colorful singer who once used to be permanent resident in our playlist, put himself willingly into a deep hibernation and disappeared recently from our radar. But not anymore! The king is back, and he brings with him an amazing princess, Ariana Grande, so it will be very sweet.

Popular Song is the second single from the third MIKA's album "The Origin Of Love", and there is a story behind it.

On the album, the song is based on the renowned WICKED, and comes complete with a different singer, other rhythms and quite harsh words.

For the single, Mika decided to change a direction. He changed the words, make tender rhythms, and replaced the biting text with such a cool and catchy one, so it can also be on the playlist and approved by the parents. The result? Colorful, cool and hot, but you didn't really expected differently from a song that proclaims himself as the popular King of the class, right?

Some mistakes, I know :mf_rosetinted: But yay! and the comments below are so lovely, I just :wub2:

:thumb_yello: This is wonderful - I sooo love that they call him the King, cause I've always thought, and told people around me, that MIKA is the new King of pop, ready to take over the throne after MJ :wub2: I do hope this newspaper is also aware of the huge success of the video - otherwise YOU have to tell them!! :aah:

Thanks a lot for this translation and posting, lollipop161 :huglove:

Love,love

me

"Ariana Grande and Mika

It's not a dream...

Thank you for share this article.:wink2:Wow,this article is really lovely and good for Mika.:wub2:

"Ariana Grande and Mika

It's not a dream...

Long live the King!

It's a lovely piece of writing. I can tell by the translation.

If it was a UK article I'd be over the moon.

But I'm happy that Israel still appreciates Mika.

:thumb_yello: This is wonderful - I sooo love that they call him the King, cause I've always thought, and told people around me, that MIKA is the new King of pop, ready to take over the throne after MJ :wub2: I do hope this newspaper is also aware of the huge success of the video - otherwise YOU have to tell them!! :aah:

Thanks a lot for this translation and posting, lollipop161 :huglove:

Love,love

me

I know right?? :teehee:

Oh, and trust me about it :mf_rosetinted:

Thank you for share this article.:wink2:Wow,this article is really lovely and good for Mika.:wub2:

You are welcome, my pleasure! :blush-anim-cl: (It's the first time I'm translating something for you, I've always wanted to do that :teehee:)

And btw, the title is "MIKA and Ariana Grande" and not "Ariana Grande and MIKA". My bad. Just saying :mikacool:

Also, no comments about Ariana, only MIKA. And if there is, so it's like "Yuck, Ariana..." :aah:

Long live the King!

It's a lovely piece of writing. I can tell by the translation.

If it was a UK article I'd be over the moon.

But I'm happy that Israel still appreciates Mika.

Well it sounds even better in Hebrew, I'm not that good in English.:aah:

And I can tell you I'm over mars :fangurl:

Now excuse me, I need to collect some new Israeli fans from there. :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by lollipop161

has now EXCEEDED

1045093_577218005634144_2027570550_n.jpg

© 2013 Casablanca Music,

Artist MIKA

Edited by A. Clay

has now EXCEEDED

1045093_577218005634144_2027570550_n.jpg

© 2013 Casablanca Music,

Artist MIKA

Kick it in Billboard hot 100!!!!