NEW VIDEO! Popular Song ft. Ariana Grande

dcdeb

Interestingly, I've been listening to Radio Disney a lot lately (I know, a shocker, for me :naughty: ) but I've been thinking that Popular Song might end up there, since Ariana is a Nickelodeon star, and that's the sort of music that Radio Disney plays (you know, Bieber, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, One Direction, etc.). So today I see that they are conducting a 'PICK OR KICK' poll to see listener reaction to Popular Song! Currently, it's at 63% "PICK". :thumb_yello: They also say they'll be playing the song starting this Saturday at 7 p.m. Here's the link if you want to vote for the song:

http://t.co/V44iGxpUX9

:original:

grat find Deb! it worked for me :thumb_yello: still at 63% for pick it

Yes, this magazine has wide circulation -- you can find it in grocery stores, Walmart, bookstores, everywhere really. Of course, one little mention is not going to make Mika a superstar, but it doesn't hurt that is for sure. :wink2:

As of yesterday, the song was still on the US iTunes Pop Songs chart, which really surprised me -- I thought it might have dropped off by now. And the video is still in iTunes top video list as well, so let's hope it has more staying power. Honestly, Ariana is all over the radio these days with her song "The Way," so I don't mind if she carries Mika along with her. In fact, in this same Entertainment Weekly magazine, on the back page they have a featurette where they pick "hits" and "misses" on a bullseye target. Ariana is featured on that as well -- they pick Mariah Carey's new song Beautiful as a hit, but then go on to say how much better it would have been if Ariana had sung it. :blink: The girl's getting noticed, so... any press is good press for Mika. :thumb_yello:

Yes, I don't mind if her fame, get's Mika more noticed. It's just a shame he needed someone else to help him do it. But however it happens, it's all good. Edit: How do you work the Disney site where the voting is? I can't find where to do it.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

That's really fantastic -- 3+ million views!

It's #29 on US iTunes Top Videos chart, #12 on Top Pop Videos chart. :original:

So it's showing some longevity, which is great! It's actually a featured video, when I go to the main videos page, there's Mika's lovely face staring out at me, right at the top of the page. :wub2:

And the song itself is hanging at #123 on the iTunes Pop Songs chart. :thumb_yello:

So it's showing some longevity, which is great! It's actually a featured video, when I go to the main videos page, there's Mika's lovely face staring out at me, right at the top of the page. :wub2:

And the song itself is hanging at #123 on the iTunes Pop Songs chart. :thumb_yello:

That's good! Thanks for the update Deb!

Video is #69 on Canadian itunes

Interestingly, I've been listening to Radio Disney a lot lately (I know, a shocker, for me :naughty: ) but I've been thinking that Popular Song might end up there, since Ariana is a Nickelodeon star, and that's the sort of music that Radio Disney plays (you know, Bieber, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, One Direction, etc.). So today I see that they are conducting a 'PICK OR KICK' poll to see listener reaction to Popular Song! Currently, it's at 63% "PICK". :thumb_yello: They also say they'll be playing the song starting this Saturday at 7 p.m. Here's the link if you want to vote for the song:

http://t.co/V44iGxpUX9

:original:

What was the outcome with this Deb? I realise I was too late to vote but clicked on the link anyway and was also redirected to an Aus Disney site. Was just curious to know how this went down.

What was the outcome with this Deb? I realise I was too late to vote but clicked on the link anyway and was also redirected to an Aus Disney site. Was just curious to know how this went down.

When I looked over the weekend, it was around 75% PICK, but I just checked now and it's down to 66% PICK. I don't know how long they're going to leave it up there, but it seems like I can still vote. I guess it's only for the US, since all the rest of you are being redirected to your local Radio Disney site. :dunno:

When I looked over the weekend, it was around 75% PICK, but I just checked now and it's down to 66% PICK. I don't know how long they're going to leave it up there, but it seems like I can still vote. I guess it's only for the US, since all the rest of you are being redirected to your local Radio Disney site. :dunno:

it works for me... it's still at 66% :blush-anim-cl:

Well, since this is US only, I'm going to keep voting as often as possible!:thumb_yello:

Good news, so far. I'm so sad that in Germany nothing works but that fills me with hope that a famous Teen-Magazine has the vid in its website and I had convinced two non-Mika Fans to show more interest on his music. I'ts not much but a beginning:sneaky2:

65228_600.gif

POPULAR SONG Music Video . . .

TOPS 4,000,000 VIEWS

Wow.let us celebrate

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Now: 4,159,730

mika4-2_zpsa1acb051.jpg

YUP, time for POPULAR SONG

music video to shoot SKY HIGH !

The music video of Popular Song just uploaded on Youtube a month,but it ready have over 4 millions views!!!!!:wink2: I think it must be another hit music video of MIKA.:wub2:

Is it just me who gets really annoyed by Ariana fans on youtube? :aah: She isn't Justin Bieber, what's up with all these teenage girls screaming how amazing she is and how much they love her? :blink:

Is it just me who gets really annoyed by Ariana fans on youtube? :aah: She isn't Justin Bieber, what's up with all these teenage girls screaming how amazing she is and how much they love her? :blink:

She's like the feminine version of Justin Bieber I think. :teehee: It annoys me too but.. they watch the vid. :naughty: