2013 - Coke Studio Session (02.05.2013)

DerMoment1608

The link for Relax Mika posted on Twitter doesn't seem to work for me. It just takes me to the iTunes home page. And it doesn't seem to be on the Coke Studio page iTunes page either. At least not on my pc anyway.

Ummmm I don't really like what they did with relax , it just sounds...weird :dunno: but i loved the concept of the show , and Stardust is just one of my favorite songs ever. i did like Carol's skyfall version too.

Full show:

[YOUTUBE]WbzOkC1ucN8[/YOUTUBE]

:thumb_yello:

I really enjoyed this. I even like the show itself! The concept is great, it looks awesome, the hosts are so charming and charismatic! Ugh, why doesn't a program like this exist all over?!

there will be one more replay today at 3 pm UK time

All you amazing Mika fans in MENA, did you see the fusion song Mika did with @Karol Sakr on MBC4? If you missed it, don't worry. The whole show will be repeated at 12am KSA tonight and 5pm KSA on Friday (tomorrow!). You can check out the track here now… It's also now available to buy on iTunes MENA! Check out this link iTunes.com/CokeStudio

The link for Relax Mika posted on Twitter doesn't seem to work for me. It just takes me to the iTunes home page. And it doesn't seem to be on the Coke Studio page iTunes page either. At least not on my pc anyway.

Rose, Mika's link doesn't work for me either, I think it's because the track is not available in our countries, but just in the Middle East, at least for now

Hey everybody...

I found a link to watch the Coke Studio show tonight on MBC4 ! So it starts at 6 pm (UK Time), or 7 pm (French Time).

So anyone can record the new song and the show ? I can't because I haven't an internal microphone on my MacBook Pro :(

http://aflam4you.tv/channel/71-MBC%204.html

thank you sfsmg1 and everyone for the links, I've enjoyed the songs and the whole show very much! :wub2:

I like the show!! It looks quite cool and the colab looks fine.

Just two things:

-he never made a collaboration before? So Step With Me is not a collab, right? I´m not talking about Ariana cause I know he was recording this before her... but still, Priscilla sang in Popular, and Pharell in Celebrate... so...

-and he is afraid of water :mf_rosetinted:

Just two things:

-he never made a collaboration before? So Step With Me is not a collab, right? I´m not talking about Ariana cause I know he was recording this before her... but still, Priscilla sang in Popular, and Pharell in Celebrate... so...

And Imogen on By The Time.:wink2:

That water thing baffled me too, he's constantly seen on holiday swimming!

Unless he doesn't like going in from the beach, with the waves lapping round his ankles.:blink:

Just two things:

I think he meant collab with the Arabic language..

Unless he doesn't like going in from the beach, with the waves lapping round his ankles.:blink:

True, I forgot that one. I can´t understand why the need of lying all the time with these silly things...

He says this a lot though, but most of the time he claims he won't go in the ocean cause of the fish. :aah: I bet he means proper swimming, full-body in kind of thing.

Just two things:

Why? The question was quite clear... "have you ever made a collaboration?" "no" LOL

Liar :mf_rosetinted:

No, if you listen carefully, she says "have you done a collaboration" and after a pause then adds "with an Arab artist".

And in his defense about the swimming thing -- I don't like the water either, and I don't like to swim, especially in the ocean. But I am on and in the water every summer because that's where my husband likes to be. We go to the beach, we're on a boat, etc. So I don't think it's necessarily a lie for him to say he doesn't like to swim, or hates being in the water. :dunno: And he does qualify his answer here -- at first he says he "never" goes in the water and then he corrects himself and says something like "hardly ever."

No, if you listen carefully, she says "have you done a collaboration" and after a pause then adds "with an Arab artist".

And in his defense about the swimming thing -- I don't like the water either, and I don't like to swim, especially in the ocean. But I am on and in the water every summer because that's where my husband likes to be. We go to the beach, we're on a boat, etc. So I don't think it's necessarily a lie for him to say he doesn't like to swim, or hates being in the water. :dunno: And he does qualify his answer here -- at first he says he "never" goes in the water and then he corrects himself and says something like "hardly ever."

exactly what I also heard when I saw the show yesterday :thumb_yello:

I love the strings and drums in Relax and appreciate when Karol goes all out with the traditional Arab vocals. But I don't understand why they are using Mika's original vocal tracks from 2006 and why the whole thing is lip synched. It just comes off as a random mix from January 2007 that was made by a DJ.

Stardust is beautiful as always but again what is with the lip synching?? :blink: i assume this is not a synching problem with the video because all the other sound in the show is synched properly.

I like the show and the hosts and the fact that Karol really wanted to work with Mika but Mika seemed not into it at all. That was sweet with Karol's daughter dancing to Lollipop.

I don't understand how anyone cannot enjoy being in the water. It's virtually programmed into our DNA since long before the dawn of humanity. But to each his own. :naughty:

I love the strings and drums in Relax and appreciate when Karol goes all out with the traditional Arab vocals. But I don't understand why they are using Mika's original vocal tracks from 2006 and why the whole thing is lip synched. It just comes off as a random mix from January 2007 that was made by a DJ.

Stardust is beautiful as always but again what is with the lip synching?? :blink: i assume this is not a synching problem with the video because all the other sound in the show is synched properly.

I like the show and the hosts and the fact that Karol really wanted to work with Mika but Mika seemed not into it at all. That was sweet with Karol's daughter dancing to Lollipop.

I don't understand how anyone cannot enjoy being in the water. It's virtually programmed into our DNA since long before the dawn of humanity. But to each his own. :naughty:

I didn't think it was lip synched. I figured what they did was play the recorded song over the performances. All of them actually. Yes, even Mika's heavenly Stardust. There's no way you should see that end performance and not hear a thing from the crowd. And then the real sound cuts back in at the very end...

This is what I suspect they've done with it for TV. It makes sense for their program to want to display the version that they are selling as opposed to something live.

Edited by C. Tyler

Something is wrong here, but I don't think that he is lip synching. If you watch it without sound it totally seems life, it feels true and he has his normal "express what he is singing Stardust body language" and "using falsetto body language" etc., it's not his (over-)acting body language. But if you are watching and listening together it indeed feels wrong. While watching and listening together I don't feel like he is singing what I'm seeing. Synchronisation could be a reason, but I wouldn't have thought that it could have such a big effect. I don't know, maybe there were two takes and the one you hear is not the one you see? There is for sure a scene where you can hear a guitar but Tim isn't playing in the video. But than I would assume that it would differ much more. I just can't pinpoint the reason what is wrong.

But in "Relax" even a deaf one could hear the lip synching… And it's so bad, it's so noticeable that the voice is coming from band, it doesn’t fit at all. Reminded me again why I hate playback so much, it was just so bad to watch.

I don't like this version very much, too. The strings are great and her voice and the Arabic language are fitting well. But the remixing just destroys everything, it sounds like a mix every hobby Youtube Remixer could do…

But I liked the show and the concept of the show, it's a great idea to fusion the Middle Eastern and Western Music :original:

Edited by DerMoment1608