Mika to be a guest @ Italian TV show "E poi c'è Cattelan" 9 April 2014

mari62

this is the part about the new record

C: Do you know when the new album will be realised?

M: well, I do not know, I have not finished the record, but I hope this year...yes! this year! ... but I have to finish the record ... I wrote a lot ...I found a house in Los Angeles ... I wanted to escape from the usual places that are familiar to me ... I would not be at ease...I found a nice house in LA, and I arranged in it a simple study, a PC and a piano in a room... and I worked there... I wrote songs every day ...

he does not know...who knows?? nobody knows....philosofical questions, i think..... :giveup::giveup::giveup:

Grazie mille Marta - for your amazing and looong translation, so now we've got it all :huglove: Not only do you translate in details, but also explain what's behind what they say/phrases, and behind the names, which we, outside Italy, don't know - I'm impressed!! :thumb_yello:

Thanks a million also to all the other quick MFCers, who have found and shared everything about this last event, and even made beautiful pics from the video I saw earlier today. All your work is much appreciated !! :wub2:

Love,love

me

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for the translation and especially for the explanations, Marta :huglove:

So the Street Clerks are the studio band there now? :original:

Yes, they are. I'm not a fan but I'm happy for them 'cause they're good :) they were nice to us, the drummer was hugging everyone so I stayed away from him.:naughty: I had a very short chat with the singer who was shy and I sympathized with him:blush-anim-cl:

Here we are.

I can speak my mind now.

I enjoyed more the interview now on tv than there at the studio, I always miss some parts when I'm in the audience (yeah, while I never miss a thing when I am in the crowd in a meeting with him :doh: ). Some remarks are demanded:

- when your fans are yelling hints to you, take them. We know better and you would have won (please anyone feel free to have his own intepretation about this thought :teehee: )

- you better thank fate that the people sitting behind your back during the game were mostly cool and wise mfcers. We don't give a fudge about that view. At least, I don't.

- you kick ass when it comes to withold secrets. “I rent the home from a famous actor, we are friends, I signed a deal not to disclose his name” - “Orlando Bloom rented the house to me, I didn't know it was his.” Well done :thumb_yello:

- you should hang out at Oktober fest a way more, wtf. :cheers:

Now. I was sitting on the floor in front of him (pink shirt on the right, behind the camera man). When Cattelan started to ask about XF, the camera man was right between me and Mika, so I twisted my neck like the Exorcist child, almost hugged his legs and managed to see his face perfectly.

I had the same reaction that I had watching the Red Wedding in the Rains of Castamere, I swear (I'm done, I'm not going to see this series again, ffs!). I spent the next minutes quite upset moaning at poor Lucrezia.

What do you think I did when the premiere of the next season of Game of Thrones got out a few days ago?

Exactly.

I'm still sticking to GOT. I'll still stick to Mika.

They both upset me in good and bad ways, and this only can happen because they involve me deeply. I won't be here writing (a few XD) lines every day, and we all won't be here spending so much time to stand up for him or to blame him. One way or another we all are deeply involved with him and this is what is all about.

I'm a way too young fan to give up just because he does choices I don't like. Of course I want his new album and gigs, I may be the only one here who hasn't see a gig of his yet. And of course I get upset when I have to find my way among a crowd screaming “you are so handsoooooommmmeeeee” to him. And of course I feel the longing for the old gone days, when he was interested in really meeting his fans and his fans were really interested in his music and not in his face/butt (yeah, I know I wasn't there at that time but I do have eyes to read reports). And of course I think it's all about money: when I first landed here on MFC I was claiming that he did XF to get some hype. Then I thought “Well, now everybody knows who he is, he's done with it, I'm attending his gigs all over the Europe in summer”. I started to doubt when I learnt he was doing this show with Cattelan, cause it seemed the perfect event to annouce his next XF. So I now think it's all about money. Money for XF, some more money for interviews and some more more money for tv shows. I'm not sure I would toss away so much money if someone would propose it to me.

In my Rains of Castamere mood I claimed “I'm not driving again to this freaking town to chase him around”. I suppose my Chiara b**** navigator had a role in that. And I also was disappointed with him leaving so soon, leaving me sitting on a cold floor behind a camera man, with all my missions unaccomplished.

But then I poured it all out (Lucrezia's never ever sitting close to me again), and as I got out in the spring sun and I saw he still was there, a felt a bit better.

I don't know whether he waited for us to get out of the studio (about an hour later) or if it was just a coincidence. But the truth is that as soon as we joined the group which was already waiting for him, he got out and reached us, like he was actually waiting for us. We won't ever know.

And when I managed to have my win, to success in my goals (yes, I have very low standards, step by step I'll improve), I felt awesome.

Would I give up on feeling that way? Nope. This is not just about Mika doing the right choices for his career. This is not about a popstar who won't ever get to know me. This is about how I feel, about how I'm changing, about the friends I'm making. Without all this stuff, I just would be a total nuts chasing a celebrity. Someone please shoot me if I'll ever turn into that.

So, yes. I'm coming back to Risottoland. I'm getting lost again, I'm meeting again friends, I'm trying again to have Mika talk to me, even if it comes to XF.

I will wait for him to be back to his music, and I will enjoy the waiting in the process.

You may say he won't ever be back and you may be right.

But I'm not losing all this, not yet. I have plenty of time in the future to get sick and tired and leave, in the future, if you'll still be right.

For now, I'm staying. Moaning a bit, kidding a lot, fooling around and making amazing friends.

By the way, I forgot to mention the hysterical side of all this drama I just wrote: I got to know him thanks to XF7. Back then it was just the one who sang Relax, GC and the Swatch ad ( I actually have to tell I was pretty much into that ad because of the song but still. I never watched XF before but then he once was talking on my tv while I was doing chores and I decided to listen in order to get to know the Swatch song guy. )

I really liked your reports and your point of view, thanks for sharing them ( and your positivity)!

We may not like it but why he is doing these TV shows is not a mystery: money and promotion for his music. He said it several times, and especially in his speech at Bocconi University.

If he wants to make his music, produce his albums, make videos and promote it/them without waiting for permission from the record company, he needs money to do it. Is right that an artist like him has to do this? Of course not, but the reality is this.Then it's possible that he likes coaching, he is very good at it, and use his knowledge of music in these shows.

Edited by charlie20

• 2 weeks later...
Really really sorry... i'm trying to fix it. Please forgive me :sad:

Here we are.

I can speak my mind now.

I enjoyed more the interview now on tv than there at the studio, I always miss some parts when I'm in the audience (yeah, while I never miss a thing when I am in the crowd in a meeting with him :doh: ). Some remarks are demanded:

- when your fans are yelling hints to you, take them. We know better and you would have won (please anyone feel free to have his own intepretation about this thought :teehee: )

- you better thank fate that the people sitting behind your back during the game were mostly cool and wise mfcers. We don't give a fudge about that view. At least, I don't.

- you kick ass when it comes to withold secrets. “I rent the home from a famous actor, we are friends, I signed a deal not to disclose his name” - “Orlando Bloom rented the house to me, I didn't know it was his.” Well done :thumb_yello:

Now. I was sitting on the floor in front of him (pink shirt on the right, behind the camera man). When Cattelan started to ask about XF, the camera man was right between me and Mika, so I twisted my neck like the Exorcist child, almost hugged his legs and managed to see his face perfectly.

I had the same reaction that I had watching the Red Wedding in the Rains of Castamere, I swear (I'm done, I'm not going to see this series again, ffs!). I spent the next minutes quite upset moaning at poor Lucrezia.

What do you think I did when the premiere of the next season of Game of Thrones got out a few days ago?

Exactly.

They both upset me in good and bad ways, and this only can happen because they involve me deeply. I won't be here writing (a few XD) lines every day, and we all won't be here spending so much time to stand up for him or to blame him. One way or another we all are deeply involved with him and this is what is all about.

I'm a way too young fan to give up just because he does choices I don't like. Of course I want his new album and gigs, I may be the only one here who hasn't see a gig of his yet. And of course I get upset when I have to find my way among a crowd screaming “you are so handsoooooommmmeeeee” to him. And of course I feel the longing for the old gone days, when he was interested in really meeting his fans and his fans were really interested in his music and not in his face/butt (yeah, I know I wasn't there at that time but I do have eyes to read reports). And of course I think it's all about money: when I first landed here on MFC I was claiming that he did XF to get some hype. Then I thought “Well, now everybody knows who he is, he's done with it, I'm attending his gigs all over the Europe in summer”. I started to doubt when I learnt he was doing this show with Cattelan, cause it seemed the perfect event to annouce his next XF. So I now think it's all about money. Money for XF, some more money for interviews and some more more money for tv shows. I'm not sure I would toss away so much money if someone would propose it to me.

In my Rains of Castamere mood I claimed “I'm not driving again to this freaking town to chase him around”. I suppose my Chiara b**** navigator had a role in that. And I also was disappointed with him leaving so soon, leaving me sitting on a cold floor behind a camera man, with all my missions unaccomplished.

But then I poured it all out (Lucrezia's never ever sitting close to me again), and as I got out in the spring sun and I saw he still was there, a felt a bit better.

I don't know whether he waited for us to get out of the studio (about an hour later) or if it was just a coincidence. But the truth is that as soon as we joined the group which was already waiting for him, he got out and reached us, like he was actually waiting for us. We won't ever know.

And when I managed to have my win, to success in my goals (yes, I have very low standards, step by step I'll improve), I felt awesome.

Would I give up on feeling that way? Nope. This is not just about Mika doing the right choices for his career. This is not about a popstar who won't ever get to know me. This is about how I feel, about how I'm changing, about the friends I'm making. Without all this stuff, I just would be a total nuts chasing a celebrity. Someone please shoot me if I'll ever turn into that.

So, yes. I'm coming back to Risottoland. I'm getting lost again, I'm meeting again friends, I'm trying again to have Mika talk to me, even if it comes to XF.

I will wait for him to be back to his music, and I will enjoy the waiting in the process.

But I'm not losing all this, not yet. I have plenty of time in the future to get sick and tired and leave, in the future, if you'll still be right.

For now, I'm staying. Moaning a bit, kidding a lot, fooling around and making amazing friends.

By the way, I forgot to mention the hysterical side of all this drama I just wrote: I got to know him thanks to XF7. Back then it was just the one who sang Relax, GC and the Swatch ad ( I actually have to tell I was pretty much into that ad because of the song but still. I never watched XF before but then he once was talking on my tv while I was doing chores and I decided to listen in order to get to know the Swatch song guy. )

I love you Sylvie :hug: Reading your reports always feel like being there :wub2: I so agree with you on everything you wrote :wub2: And when I love someone I do for life so giving up on Mika or anyone I love is simply not an option for me. I m looking forward and waiting faithfully for hid new album and gigs whenever they will be but the sooner the better of course :wink2:

Really really sorry... i'm trying to fix it. Please forgive me :sad:

Here we are.

I can speak my mind now.

Exactly.

I love you Sylvie :hug: Reading your reports always feel like being there :wub2: I so agree with you on everything you wrote :wub2: And when I love someone I do for life so giving up on Mika or anyone I love is simply not an option for me. I m looking forward and waiting faithfully for hid new album and gigs whenever they will be but the sooner the better of course :wink2: Thanks for sharing :huglove: and I m happy for you :wub2:

It all comes down to being patient :wink2:

I really liked your reports and your point of view, thanks for sharing them ( and your positivity)!
I love you Sylvie :hug: Reading your reports always feel like being there

Thank you. I suppose now e're even with my negativity :naughty:

they were nice to us, the drummer was hugging everyone so I stayed away from him.

That guy managed to creep me out even when I was at home on my couch, no way I was getting close to him for real. I think it's because of his maniac eyes

• 1 month later...
And I drove I drove I drove without any music (forgot my cd at home) till my lousy navigator told me to get out of the highway. I knew, oh boy if I knew it was wrong in so many ways. And still, I obeyed cause no democracy is allowed with Chiara (yup, my navigator’s name is Chiara). I suppose after yesterday I'm just calling her B****. Me and Chiara spent the next 40 minutes driving merrily downtown Milan, enjoying the traffic, cyclists, pedestrians and of course, special mention to buses, while at least four people were sending messages to me or calling on the phone. [...] Here’s a pic which recap perfectly my road to (in green) and from (in blue) Sky studios. Of course, the purple one is the one I should have done.

4kI08FF.jpg

:lmao:

Little update: I just got a 90 euros fine cause Chiara B*tch made my drive on a road I wasn't supposed to.

Oh boy, how I hate her.

• 1 year later...