Mika to be a guest @ Italian TV show "E poi c'è Cattelan" 9 April 2014

mari62

Thank you, girls, for sharing your time and your feelings through your reports. :flowers2:

You are really super, I mean, I'd probably be nerve-wracked after hours of driving around, no food and being almost kidnapped by the TV studio security. I'm sure I'd have no energies left for trying to approach the man himself, not to mention having a chat with him!

May I count on your help in case we meet at a concert? TV shows are not apocalypse for sure but I still hope one day they'll be over and we'll have a musician back at his main job, and I'd really love to meet him (possibly without making a fool of myself :blush-anim-cl:)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, girls, for your reports, I appreciated it a lot! :thumb_yello:

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello: You express my thoughts excatly - thank you !! :huglove: : And whatever the reports soon will tell us, I soo agree with Sabine too!:blush-anim-cl:

I'll consentrate on my own life - and deal with the real "problems" - as I've always done. What MIKA might give me/us of positive things, I consider as a big bonus ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

I agree with you, indeed the term "disappointed" may be too much, but I thought that he would not have decided to do it again, after the final of last year.I was wrong.

I liked him in XF7 (in the Voice France, too), especially watching him coaching the girls, his competence and professionality, his behavior throughout the program, certainly not because he spoke a strange, inaccurate Italian, and mispronounced a few words.But I didn’t like anything else.Obviously it's his decision and I’m sure he has his reasons. I respect that and, as I said earlier if there will be other people in the show it could be more pleasant.I hope it.

So it's ok and you can count on me for translations, ecc. :original:

I agree with you, indeed the term "disappointed" may be too much, but I thought that he would not have decided to do it again, after the final of last year.I was wrong.

I liked him in XF7 (in the Voice France, too), especially watching him coaching the girls, his competence and professionality, his behavior throughout the program, certainly not because he spoke a strange, inaccurate Italian, and mispronounced a few words.But I didn’t like anything else.Obviously it's his decision and I’m sure he has his reasons. I respect that and, as I said earlier if there will be other people in the show it could be more pleasant.I hope it.

I don't think some of us feeling disappointed about this, is too much. To be honest I am VERY disappointed, I was looking forward to some gigs this year, wherever he might do them, I don't mind I was happy to travel.

Instead it looks like another year of no new (or old) music of his own, just more of this waste of his amazing talent (YES. it is a BIG waste), of performing, you know the thing we all started following him for in the first place.

I was thinking how great it would be to see him later in the year, back on stage. This is what I love, HIS singing, HIS songs, he is so fantastic live, I can't believe he would put this on hold again for a tv show!

And before anyone starts with the "it's his choice" argument, I know that, remember I was one of the ones a couple of years back who pushed that. But even I realise that sometimes, something can damage you long term. And looking at the big picture, globally over the next 40 or so years he needs to start putting himself into new territories (and I mean with his music, NOT as a celebrity reality star!). He doesn't have to be massive, but enough for people to know who he is when he goes away for a while and comes back, unlike now, where in most places, people think he doesn't make records anymore.

And I don't see anything wrong with being disappointed, it's a human emotion that we all feel when something happens that makes us sad, whatever that event may be. It doesn't have to be just for family or major worldwide things, each one of us has things that can disappoint us, it's personal to each of us what these things may be.

:blush-anim-cl: I understand what you mean, and if I was MIKAs adviser, this wouldn't be my first choice either. But as you say, it's his decision - and me too trust that he has his reasons for doing it :blink: And if his new alb. gets ready within this year, I will be very happy and pleased ...:fisch:

Thank you in advance for translations etc. I really love you Italiens - for all your efforts, with including us foreigners in such a great way! :wub2: So also with the French fans, who do whatever it takes, to keep us updated! MIKA really has a good reason for being proud of his fanbase ...:wub2:

Love,love

me

well, I think that XF8 isn't the reason why he doesn't do any festival this Summer. Last Summer he did both XF and gigs (even if it wasn't a proper tour) .... I guess this year it's something related to finish the album soon.... *I hope* otherwise I just don't understand :dunno:

Ok, guys: i've recorded it in high quality... give me some time to put on vimeo or in a site of free sharing :wink2:

looking forward to it, thank you very much :flowers2:

Here we are.

I can speak my mind now.

I enjoyed more the interview now on tv than there at the studio, I always miss some parts when I'm in the audience (yeah, while I never miss a thing when I am in the crowd in a meeting with him :doh: ). Some remarks are demanded:

- when your fans are yelling hints to you, take them. We know better and you would have won (please anyone feel free to have his own intepretation about this thought :teehee: )

- you better thank fate that the people sitting behind your back during the game were mostly cool and wise mfcers. We don't give a fudge about that view. At least, I don't.

- you kick ass when it comes to withold secrets. “I rent the home from a famous actor, we are friends, I signed a deal not to disclose his name” - “Orlando Bloom rented the house to me, I didn't know it was his.” Well done :thumb_yello:

- you should hang out at Oktober fest a way more, wtf. :cheers:

Now. I was sitting on the floor in front of him (pink shirt on the right, behind the camera man). When Cattelan started to ask about XF, the camera man was right between me and Mika, so I twisted my neck like the Exorcist child, almost hugged his legs and managed to see his face perfectly.

I had the same reaction that I had watching the Red Wedding in the Rains of Castamere, I swear (I'm done, I'm not going to see this series again, ffs!). I spent the next minutes quite upset moaning at poor Lucrezia.

What do you think I did when the premiere of the next season of Game of Thrones got out a few days ago?

Exactly.

I'm still sticking to GOT. I'll still stick to Mika.

They both upset me in good and bad ways, and this only can happen because they involve me deeply. I won't be here writing (a few XD) lines every day, and we all won't be here spending so much time to stand up for him or to blame him. One way or another we all are deeply involved with him and this is what is all about.

I'm a way too young fan to give up just because he does choices I don't like. Of course I want his new album and gigs, I may be the only one here who hasn't see a gig of his yet. And of course I get upset when I have to find my way among a crowd screaming “you are so handsoooooommmmeeeee” to him. And of course I feel the longing for the old gone days, when he was interested in really meeting his fans and his fans were really interested in his music and not in his face/butt (yeah, I know I wasn't there at that time but I do have eyes to read reports). And of course I think it's all about money: when I first landed here on MFC I was claiming that he did XF to get some hype. Then I thought “Well, now everybody knows who he is, he's done with it, I'm attending his gigs all over the Europe in summer”. I started to doubt when I learnt he was doing this show with Cattelan, cause it seemed the perfect event to annouce his next XF. So I now think it's all about money. Money for XF, some more money for interviews and some more more money for tv shows. I'm not sure I would toss away so much money if someone would propose it to me.

In my Rains of Castamere mood I claimed “I'm not driving again to this freaking town to chase him around”. I suppose my Chiara b**** navigator had a role in that. And I also was disappointed with him leaving so soon, leaving me sitting on a cold floor behind a camera man, with all my missions unaccomplished.

But then I poured it all out (Lucrezia's never ever sitting close to me again), and as I got out in the spring sun and I saw he still was there, a felt a bit better.

I don't know whether he waited for us to get out of the studio (about an hour later) or if it was just a coincidence. But the truth is that as soon as we joined the group which was already waiting for him, he got out and reached us, like he was actually waiting for us. We won't ever know.

And when I managed to have my win, to success in my goals (yes, I have very low standards, step by step I'll improve), I felt awesome.

Would I give up on feeling that way? Nope. This is not just about Mika doing the right choices for his career. This is not about a popstar who won't ever get to know me. This is about how I feel, about how I'm changing, about the friends I'm making. Without all this stuff, I just would be a total nuts chasing a celebrity. Someone please shoot me if I'll ever turn into that.

So, yes. I'm coming back to Risottoland. I'm getting lost again, I'm meeting again friends, I'm trying again to have Mika talk to me, even if it comes to XF.

I will wait for him to be back to his music, and I will enjoy the waiting in the process.

You may say he won't ever be back and you may be right.

But I'm not losing all this, not yet. I have plenty of time in the future to get sick and tired and leave, in the future, if you'll still be right.

For now, I'm staying. Moaning a bit, kidding a lot, fooling around and making amazing friends.

By the way, I forgot to mention the hysterical side of all this drama I just wrote: I got to know him thanks to XF7. Back then it was just the one who sang Relax, GC and the Swatch ad ( I actually have to tell I was pretty much into that ad because of the song but still. I never watched XF before but then he once was talking on my tv while I was doing chores and I decided to listen in order to get to know the Swatch song guy. )

Edited by Elwendin

First, here's the link to download it:

http://www.4shared.com/video/NYXUzV1Vba/MikaCattelan10042014.html

Let me know if it works! :wink2:

Thanks a lot for sharing , I 've downloaded and open the file.

The aspect ratio of vid ( should be 16:9 I think ) is wrong, and the VIDEO has NO sounds.... :shocked:

the causes is my PC ? ( it's NEW, Windows 8.1) :blush-anim-cl:

Thanks a lot for sharing , I 've downloaded and open the file.

The aspect ratio of vid ( should be 16:9 I think ) is wrong, and the VIDEO has NO sounds.... :shocked:

the causes is my PC ? ( it's NEW, Windows 8.1) :blush-anim-cl:

I tried everything, I will delete it and try to download again

I'm really sorry about it :blink:

Try with this: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6D39319A294487E4%211738