XFactor 8 Italy Auditions: 7-8-9 June 2014 in Bologna: 07-06-2014

mari62

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I replied to your email to mfccompetition, haven't you received it? :blink:

Yes, but I read your post after I received your e-mail, so I thought something was going wrong.

Glad to hear everything's ok :thumb_yello:

I've been just asked to print the deal which will allows XF to show my pretty face to the whole UNIVERSE by every past, present or future technologies.

Oh boy, we MFCers are quite notorius by now. :aah:

I will be there for 8-9th, looking forward to meeting you all! I probably won't understand a word he says, lol, but will be there to meet you all and to see the event (I know I will later enjoy it more if I've seen something live). Curious to see what kind of circus it is! I wonder how the level will be... I mean there are bad entries as well? It's not like the Voice where the contestants were pre-selected?

I mean there are bad entries as well? It's not like the Voice where the contestants were pre-selected?

Oh Friend, there we meet again. Maybe. Not sure.

I'm seeing you more than my dearest friends lately.

I have no idea, but there was a kind of bus touring Italy and looking for contestants, I hope they did some sort of selection weeks ago. Even if I do believe that there were some weird/bad singers on purpose just to make it fun.

At least last year there were. :dunno:

Oh Friend, there we meet again. Maybe. Not sure.

I'm seeing you more than my dearest friends lately.

Sorry :teehee: Hope to see you there :huglove:

I have no idea, but there was a kind of bus touring Italy and looking for contestants, I hope they did some sort of selection weeks ago. Even if I do believe that there were some weird/bad singers on purpose just to make it fun.

I guess we can't avoid that. It can be funny or really embarrassing.

They pick the best contestants and the worst. It is just an entertainment show after all.

Exactly! One girl from Russian fan club is one of the contestants. She said it was made several prelistening sessions. 200 people of about 20000 contestants were chosen for auditions with judges. So when we see people with no skills to singing at all - it's just for the show.

Edited by Mousetrap

Exactly! One girl from Russian fan club is one of the contestants. She said it was made several prelistening sessions. 200 people of about 20000 contestants were chosen for auditions with judges. So when we see people with no skills to singing at all - it's just for the show.

Waaaay back when I was in middle school, a friend of mine with a nice voice pre-auditioned for Idols, but she was deemed too ordinary. A guy in a chicken suit however, did get through to the next round. At least the Voice doesn't let bad singers audition.

Waaaay back when I was in middle school, a friend of mine with a nice voice pre-auditioned for Idols, but she was deemed too ordinary. A guy in a chicken suit however, did get through to the next round. At least the Voice doesn't let bad singers audition.

That's why I like The Voice more than XF.

Curious to see what kind of circus it is! I wonder how the level will be... I mean there are bad entries as well? It's not like the Voice where the contestants were pre-selected?

Maybe. Not sure.

In this regard, in this video of last year's edition, Alessandro Cattelan (the presenter of the live shows) unveils and explains how works the casting of XFactor, and it's interesting:

I can do the translation tomorrow if anyone is interested.

That's why I like The Voice more than XF.

The Voice France was nice, but The Voice of Italy (or I should say The Voice of Vatican?) was :wags_finger:

The Voice France was nice, but The Voice of Italy (or I should say The Voice of Vatican?) was :wags_finger:

:naughty:

I watched most of the final of The Voice Italia "thanks" to Mika (who never arrived actually :aah:), and I found it not as interesting as the The Voice France I must say. Maybe because of the judges? Maybe because I couldn't understand properly what they were saying?

But I like the sister :thumb_yello:

Concerning XF, I'm very curious to know how the relationship between Fedez and Mika will be :wink2: They seem to be very different, at first I thought maybe they can't have a good relationship together, but the first pics (and Mika's note + Fedez's tweet) let me think it's ok. Curious to hear about that from the MFCers who were at the audition yesterday :fisch:

Charlie, I'll watch the video later and let you know if I need a translation :wink2: thanks :huglove:

First to report? :blink:

oh well :naughty: big kudos to me then, we left Bologna at 3 am, got to Milan at 5, and I drove to my place without a minute of sleep!

I fell asleep in my bed at 6 and woke up at 9.30 :sneaky2:

but I have some clear ideas anyway....

1. Fedez, the tattoed rapper, is a nice, clever, competent guy. He's really enjoyable (provided you don't watch him :naughty:) and never out of tune with the others and the show itself.

2. Mika is his usual self, he says too many bad words in italian, which I don't like, but he's nice and was quite nice to fans and screaming girls too. I have to say that this X-Factor exposure has spoiled our fan life for ever, the fandom has lowered its age dramatically, and its level.

3. Victoria Cabello, god save her. M.me Ventura will not be missed one second.

They dedicated a lot of time to each sigle contestant, letting them play original songs too. Nice...but way too long. The show ended at 2 am instead of 00.30 as they announced.

We hung a little too long in toilets :teehee: and inside the venue, so that we found out that Mika had already left. No problem actually, cause he had greated some fans during the show and it was really too late. BUT as always the cherry on top is hanging out with the fans, which I personally love, cause anyone is relaxed and you can talk to people you only meet at Mika events.

We chatted until 3 am and we left....

My driver is amazing...she drove us to Milan safe and sound without falling asleep (but I was checking all the time :wink2:) and we got there to see a beautiful dawn ...but too tired to enjoy it :blush-anim-cl:

Then I decided I could drive home, and so I did! I'm pretty amazing too :wink2:

No more auditions for me, thanks....I payed by fan due!! :lmfao:

I've just woken up :naughty: I was in the car with Roby coming back to Milan and I got to bed around 5. I'd like to thank our driver who did a great job!

I haven't really got much to add about Mika other than what Roby said. I understand where he's coming from with his mistakes, silly things will always happen no matter how fluent you are, it's still not your own language. I see things all the time in Italian that I don't understand, and he's been speaking the language a lot less than I have. Saying that though, his Italian's improved greately. What I noticed the most was how much faster he was talking compared to the auditions last year. He gets on well with both Fedez and Victoria, the four of them make a good team.

It was interesting seeing the new judges, I must admit that I'm not as convinced as Roby is about Fedez though. I think I'm judging him too much on his appearance at the auditions last year, where everybody kept ignoring him! It happened a few times last night too, I don't know if it was because half the panel was new and they had to get used to working together. Victoria's great, I liked her a lot before X Factor, and nobody's constantly trying to pick a fight with everyone now that Simona's gone.

The auditions were a very mixed bag, there's only a couple I remember that was really bad, and only one that got booed. There were quite a lot of groups, and quite a few musicians, including one boy with a harp who was amazing! Another one that struck me was an American lady, an opera singer. She'd been in Italy on and off for 18 years. It wasn't the right show for her, but it took some serious courage to to something like that in a language that isn't yours.

It was a very long day, by the end of it I didn't even know what planet I was on, I was exhausted. We got there as people were going into the arena too, so it wasn't like we'd been queuing for hours. But finishing at nearly 2am is far too late, especially when we'd been told that it should finish at 12.30am.

Now I need some coffee :naughty: