XFactor 8 Italy Auditions: 7-8-9 June 2014 in Bologna: 07-06-2014

mari62

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Robertina, I'm sorry we couldn't meet. I didn't know you were there too... We'll definetely have to wait for the next Albano's concert.

Back to the auditions: I agree with you that Fedez is not that bad and that no one will miss Simona Ventura.

The general level was not so low imo, I only heard a couple of very bad contestants, one of these was a 50 yo man who literally murdered Elton John's Your song but the fact of him being there created quite a cute situation among the judges.

And then there were two guys singing a non sense song ("Boia vacca", if I rember well: we need help for the translation again) who got four yes I think only for show's sake.

Only a few acts were rejected, and two of them were last year's contestants trying a come back (do you remember the girl Mika used to call "Bambolina"?).

My general impression is that most of the contestants were quite young, I enjoyed the guy playing the harp even if I am used to listen to progressive music and I reckon his song was not that orginal.The lady sitting next me said his song reminded her of a 70s Italian song called "Gioco di bimba", so she had the same feeling.

At the end of the show I was exhausted, as most of the audience and I am sorry that the last contestants could not enjoy the same attention as the first ones, but it was really late.

What else? Mika was gorgeous and his Italian improved a lot but I think he's still not able to express his thoughts in all their deepness and tends to stick to a few concepts. He swears a lot, it's true, but he's always polite with the contestants and I noticed he always says "hello" before he starts his comments. And I think he is generally respectful towards people, while Morgan's ironic comments are sometimes cruel. I noticed he's very self confident and he seldom asked for a second song. He came to say hello to the fans but I couldn't get close because I was sitting in the higher rows and these few pauses lasted only a couple minutes each. I wasn't expecting him to meet this fans again after the show, considering that the recording was overdue and that the judges are working on two more recording sessions today and tomorrow, so I went home straight after the show.

I originally planned to meet Log Lady and Sarik but something went wrong and we couldn't meet, but I'm glad a had the chance to know Marina and another fan (I'm not mentioning her name because she hasn't joint MFC so far) who's really a lovely person.

Thank you all for the reports! :flowers2: And for keeping us updated on twitter :thumb_yello: Btw,I loved this one :teehee:

Amneris @AmnerisDiCesare · 16h

Io non sono stupido, io sono lento (cit Mika)

Thank you so much for the reports..

I wanted to ask, what about the interactions between the judges? Do they get along? What do you think about Victoria? I'm so curious about her.

I like Victoria, I always have, but like Simona she's got very little to do with X Factor, and she doesn't go into as much depth with the contestants as the others do because she hasn't got the knowledge. They interact well with each other, and at least for the time being they get on very well, and no arguments :naughty:

Roby, I've answered in the other thread :wink2:

They get along well, I think. Maybe it was only the first time and they will have to adjust something...we'll see. :naughty:

Victoria does not seem as confronting as Simona was, and far less presumptuos. More, she's a lot funnier and ironic, and more competent. She's been a VJ for quite a long time. She seemed interested in the contestants and often asked them to play more songs, in order to know them the better.

They get along well, I think. Maybe it was only the first time and they will have to adjust something...we'll see. :naughty:

Victoria does not seem as confronting as Simona was, and far less presumptuos. More, she's a lot funnier and ironic, and more competent. She's been a VJ for quite a long time. She seemed interested in the contestants and often asked them to play more songs, in order to know them the better.

You're right, I always forget about that because I wasn't in Italy back then. What I meant though is that she's not a musician like the other three, she doesn't have the same experience. Maybe in one way that's good though, because she sees things from another point of view.

oh Giovi...you too?!? I seem to keep skipping people :naughty:

next time, next time...'cause there's always a next time :wink2:

Mika, a concert please! These two old fashioned fans of yours, Robertina and me, would like to meet at concert. We know we can meet at TV recordings as well, but be patient: we still believe you are a musician. We are not stupid, maybe we are only slow... We are not asking you that much, aren't we? :pinkbow:

Thank you so much for the reports..

I wanted to ask, what about the interactions between the judges? Do they get along? What do you think about Victoria? I'm so curious about her.

Honestly I didn't like Victoria when she started as an MTV VJ. I loved her perfect British English (I think her mother is English) but I used to think she was frivolous and shallow.

I don't know what happened in the meantime, maybe she matured or maybe I became less strict but I like her quite a lot right now.

Yesterday she was aware she had not the same technical knowledge as the other judges and she showed a humble attitude. She stated several times she could not judge some aspects and paid tribute to Morgan for his wide musical sensitivity. In general the judges had a good interaction and got along quite well, but I think we'll see their real approach when the competition starts.

Anyway Simona was not into music as well, but she never ever showed the least awareness of her ignorance. I think people will feel more at ease with Victoria, she's not aggressive and I think her humbleness will help her because she seems ready to accept advices coming from experienced staff.

Maybe the show will miss a part of its grip, but it's hard for me to tell because I don't watch talent shows. :dunno:

Elwendin ‏@Elwendin 18s

Boum boum boum and here we go. Shoooort sneak peek on the new song for us. He humoured us when we started the choir and went on a bit.

wow wow wow!!!

:woot_jump:

Thanks to all of you for your reports :huglove::group_hug:

I enjoyed reading them and I'm glad Sylvie was able to go :thumb_yello: and got a Boum boum boum sample :wub2:

Elwendin ‏@Elwendin 18s

Boum boum boum and here we go. Shoooort sneak peek on the new song for us. He humoured us when we started the choir and went on a bit.

wow wow wow!!!

:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Elwendin ‏@Elwendin 18s

wow wow wow!!!

He didn't even turn around but obviously heard people singing and gave a little taste of the song :wub2: Very short but made us happy.

He didn't even turn around but obviously heard people singing and gave a little taste of the song :wub2: Very short but made us happy.

So, how was the melody? Did you hear/understand any words? (I am not impatient at all :blush-anim-cl:)

BOUM BOUM BOUM! ITALIAN FANS! :wub2: at 3.00 am!!

10414910_10204291659759938_4959132578083308836_n_zpsadec4fdd.jpg

back from left to right:

Giorgia, Luisa, Grazia, Monica, Nerys, Roberta, Simona, Sara, Valentina, Maurizia (Sara bghind her), Paola, Alice, Elisabetta

front:

Myriam, Sylvie, Lucrezia.

give me time, and I'll post MFC nicknames too hehehehe!!

Edited by robertina

and the location is... "marciapais" (=pavement), as usual :mf_rosetinted:

and the photographer is... the old one, as usual :fisch:

but we missed some fans :doh:

where is the "royal couple of Genoa"? and some others :blink:

My little report. I was there for 3 days with some italian fans. The auditions are a bit boring sometimes but with Mika is always interesting, so the experience is worthy, IMO. I noticed that there's a lot of chemistry between the 4 judges and they always debate a lot, more than the past year. Mika's italian is improved very much, he really cares about making a good impression but he is also more relaxed this year, I guess he doesnt feel the weight of being the new one anymore but he is the cornerstone (is the right word?) of the show, the only one who is able to give something special, something different that the show needs...maybe it will be funnier for Mika this year and maybe he will feel more comfortable to "experiment" more with his singers. At least I hope so. I know that many of you are not happy about this choice but I hope that at least he will be able to create something good during the show and have fun too.

He was really nice with fans (old and new) during the auditions, he also made autographs during the breaks (received kisses from strangers..things that we all know he likes a lot :mikadas:) and he also managed to get me on stage with him while he was left alone by the others...lmao...!

He never had M&G with fans after the auditions tho.

Anyway, I think the auditions are a nice way to see Mika in action without the anxiety of the live show.

The amazing moment was when he sang Happy Ending, pretending to be a candidate..he seemed really anxious to do that...I feel SO lucky cause is more than rare to hear him a cappella <3

About the other judges: I love Victoria, she's very "fresh" and funny, she also knows about music but she doesnt have any technical knowledge and this could be a little tricky cause she often changes her opinion according to what Morgan says. Fedez is a positive discovery cause I didnt like him at all, I thought he was presumptious, instead he revealed a sensitive heart. Morgan is the usual Morgan..ahah!

My short career as a judge :mikasweat: LMAO

6hi7w5.jpg

Edited by Sarina
Added a line