Hello

.ste.

Hi!

My name is Stefania (friends call me sté) and I’m another italian Mika fan.

Actually my niece, who’s now 16 yo, is the first Mika fan in my family: she had her “life in cartoon motion” cd back in 2008 (smart girl :das:). She loved it very much and soon my second niece was infected with the same enthusiasm.

Me... I wasn’t so smart... :sad: by then I only heard Grace Kelly and really loved it but didn’t listen to the whole record (I can’t remember but I was surely obsessing over some other singer / group at that time and I just skipped on this Mika guy). I made the same mistake when the single “we are golden” came out. The next Mika songs I happened to listen to were “stardust” and “celebrate”, which are not exactly my cup of tea :blush-anim-cl: and made me think that maybe I was wrong about Mika and I kind of forgot about him.

Then came x-factor...

I know many of you are not happy with all the x-factor thing and I can clearly see your reasons (and often share them) but thanks to that tv program I discovered what a charming, smart, intriguing man Mika is and soon after that I bought all his records.

And I fell in love.

And started “obsessing” over him....

This meant (I’m sure you know exactly what I’m talking about) hours and hours spent at the pc screen reading / listening to anything Mika-related. It also meant a really bad conjunctivitis :hypo: ... but that’s another story

What I love the most about him is his originality and uniqueness. I’m often amazed by his openness and candour, both in his songs and interviews; his lyrics are never pointless, I love how he chooses words (also when he talks, even in italian) and I’m fascinated by the wide range of his interests and skills .... he’s always surprising.

Oh, and I love how he’s always nice and polite to everyone: these are characteristics that I feel are getting more and more rare among people in general...

I’m a little embarassed admitting that I’m fangirling more than my two young nices because my age is far from theirs and I should probably be more "mature", but I’m having a lot of fun sharing my Mika-love with them!

So I thought it was time to join in this forum (that I’ve been reading since a few months); by the way, maybe this is not the right place to say it but I’d like to thank everyone for the precious translations, pics, videos and stuff that I’ve been enjoying during all this time............ You are golden :huglove:

Finally, let me apologize for my english and feel free to correct me anytime!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Stefania! Your story is so similar to mine! :teehee:

XF opened to me this incredible and coloured Mika's world...and now...i'm completely obsessed...videos, articles, old gigs :aah:....mad about Mika for ever, i think! :aah:

The gig in Naples has been my "first gig", even if i saw it only by streaming...it has been so emotional... :shocked:

A delightful artist...an intelligent man..I like seeing him whatever he does... :naughty::naughty::naughty: he's always sincere and passionate...ah, what else can i say?? :blush-anim-cl:

welcome!! :mikacool:

Ciao Sté benvenuta! :bye:

what a lovely introduction! there a few 'mature' fans here and we all love him :D:wub2:

Divertiti sul forum e vienici a trovare nel thread italiano quando vuoi, il link lo trovi nella mia firma :wink2:

Ciao Sté :welcomeani: to the MFC, have fun here, enjoy Mika and his music :wink2:

No worry about fangurling. I do it all the time and I'm far from teen. There's no age for being a Mika fan and fangurling :naughty:

hey, thanks for your welcome!

I'm going to post my first post about Naples gig... I feel like I'm on my first school day:biggrin2:

:huh:

uuuuuhmmm.... eventually I'll find out how to quote posts :blush-anim-cl: but at the moment I'm addressing to Marta and Mari 62 the old fashion way, just to say that I'm from Liguria too (Imperia) :wink2:

hey, thanks for your welcome!

I'm going to post my first post about Naples gig... I feel like I'm on my first school day:biggrin2:

:huh:

uuuuuhmmm.... eventually I'll find out how to quote posts :blush-anim-cl: but at the moment I'm addressing to Marta and Mari 62 the old fashion way, just to say that I'm from Liguria too (Imperia) :wink2:

:yay: more fans from Liguria! :D