MIKA in French Press - 2015

Kumazzz

C à Vous

Mika and Zazie were in "C à vous" today on France 5. :naughty:

You can watch the replay here : http://www.france5.fr/emissions/c-a-vous (Maybe someone recorded it but I have no link for the moment.)
You have to skip the 30 first minutes of the emission. :thumb_yello:

C à Vous : La Suite

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a VK link of WHOLE of the TV show

Mika and Zazie were in "C à vous" today on France 5. :naughty:

You can watch the replay here : http://www.france5.fr/emissions/c-a-vous (Maybe someone recorded it but I have no link for the moment.)

You have to skip the 30 first minutes of the emission. :thumb_yello:

Thank you so much Eriko and Nobodiie :huglove::flowers2:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

University on Saturday and on Easter eve??? :shocked:

And the interview with Nikos, when there will be?

Yes I always work on Saturdays, for 2 years so now it's normal for me :teehee: The fact is I have my exam at the end of the month so no day off before that :aah:

The interview with Nikos will be tomorrow at 11am CET, as Nobodiie said :wink2:

Sortez Du Cadre

Audio with Subtitles

:france::uk: Here is the interview with Nikos at Radio Europe 1 from last Saturday with English and French Subtitles

yEqeYptOcqo

Thanks Camille, Elwendin, Laura, Manon and *Vv* for great teamwork again :huglove:

VIDEO

Plagiat : Mika s’explique sur la polémique

Publié à 17h11, le 03 avril 2015, Modifié à 17h26, le 03 avril 2015

Invité de l’émission Sortez du Cadre du samedi 4 avril présentée par Nikos Aliagas, Mika revient sur la polémique autour de son tout nouveau titre Talk about You. Accusé d’avoir plagié un tube italien des années 60, Mika explique qu’il a bien été inspiré par la mélodie de cette chanson mais qu’il a contacté les auteurs afin de partager les crédits de composition.

Retrouvez l’émission Sortez du Cadre tous les samedis de 11h00 à 12h30.

L’invité de l’émission est Mika qui vient présenter son nouveau single Talk About You sorti depuis le 25 mars. Son nouvel album No Place in Heaven est prévu le 15 Juin.

Dailymotion http://dai.ly/x2lo3ac

:france::uk:

Subtitles available :wink2:

Sortez Du Cadre

Quand Mika et Nikos Aliagas dévoilent les coulisses de The Voice…

Publié à 17h29, le 03 avril 2015, Modifié à 17h29, le 03 avril 2015

Mika et Nikos aiment travailler en famille. D'ailleurs, pour selon Nikos, la télévision c'est plus "maman et tupperware" que "sexe, showbiz et rock n'roll" !

Dailymotion

Sortez Du Cadre

AUDIO replay & download

http://www.europe1.fr/mediacenter/emissions/sortez-du-cadre/sons/sortez-du-cadre-mika-leila-bekhti-selah-sue-charlize-theron-2419211'>http://www.europe1.fr/mediacenter/emissions/sortez-du-cadre/sons/sortez-du-cadre-mika-leila-bekhti-selah-sue-charlize-theron-2419211

MP3 http://httpod.scdn.arkena.com/10765/audio/MediaCenter/Emissions/sortez-du-cadre/Sortez-du-cadre-Mika-Leila-Bekhti-Selah-Sue-Charlize-Theron-125106913.mp3

VIDEO

Le coeur de Christine Berrou fait "boom boom boom" pour Mika !

Dailymotion

A photo from Nikos's Facebook

"demain matin à 11:00 MIKA est mon invité sur Europe 1 dans #SDC http://www.europe1.fr pour écouter en direct - avant de retrouver #Mika à 20:50 sur TF1pour #TheVoice "

(2048 x 770)

16997984826_1a7c7273ab_o.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
updated

Yes I always work on Saturdays, for 2 years so now it's normal for me :teehee: The fact is I have my exam at the end of the month so no day off before that :aah:

The interview with Nikos will be tomorrow at 11am CET, as Nobodiie said :wink2:

ahhh ok i thought that the interview with Nikos was another one, not the one on Europe 1! Thanks :)

Sortez Du Cadre‬

Pics from Facebook

Pas de fauteuils rouges qui se retournent... mais des corbeilles noires et blanches dans ‪#‎SortezDuCadre‬ samedi à 11h avec MIKA et Nikos Aliagas !

(2048 x 1536)

16407653123_a3b3cd50d0_o.jpg

16407653123_171b4cbfa1_b.jpg

(2048 x 1536)

17026941151_74ecfae7ef_o.jpg

17026941151_b69c5fdc5d_b.jpg

Nikos Aliagas vient d'apprendre que MIKA ne le prendra pas dans son équipe... !!

;)

En attendant, rendez-vous dans une heure sur Europe 1 pour #SortezDuCadre !!

16831329650_890ea89f0a_o.jpg

Twitter

Thomas SOTTO

‏@SOTTO_Thomas

"Soudain un inconnu vous offre des fleurs". Et d'autres vous montrent leurs dents ! Cc @nikosaliagas @mikasounds #SDC

16831267818_bcb2025469_b.jpg

VIDEO

sortez du cadre

Plagiat : Mika s’explique sur la polémique

Publié à 17h11, le 03 avril 2015, Modifié à 17h26, le 03 avril 2015

Invité de l’émission Sortez du Cadre du samedi 4 avril présentée par Nikos Aliagas, Mika revient sur la polémique autour de son tout nouveau titre Talk about You. Accusé d’avoir plagié un tube italien des années 60, Mika explique qu’il a bien été inspiré par la mélodie de cette chanson mais qu’il a contacté les auteurs afin de partager les crédits de composition.

Retrouvez l’émission Sortez du Cadre tous les samedis de 11h00 à 12h30.

L’invité de l’émission est Mika qui vient présenter son nouveau single Talk About You sorti depuis le 25 mars. Son nouvel album No Place in Heaven est prévu le 15 Juin.

Dailymotion http://dai.ly/x2lo3ac

sortez du cadre

Quand Mika et Nikos Aliagas dévoilent les coulisses de The Voice…

Publié à 17h29, le 03 avril 2015, Modifié à 17h29, le 03 avril 2015

Mika et Nikos aiment travailler en famille. D'ailleurs, pour selon Nikos, la télévision c'est plus "maman et tupperware" que "sexe, showbiz et rock n'roll" !

Dailymotion

and they will upload the audio file to

http://www.europe1.fr/animateurs/nikos-aliagas'>http://www.europe1.fr/animateurs/nikos-aliagas :thumb_yello:

A photo from Nikos's Facebook

"demain matin à 11:00 MIKA est mon invité sur Europe 1 dans #SDC http://www.europe1.fr pour écouter en direct - avant de retrouver #Mika à 20:50 sur TF1pour #TheVoice "

(2048 x 770)

16997984826_1a7c7273ab_o.jpg

16997984826_d09d2c118e_b.jpg

The audio file is available

http://www.europe1.fr/mediacenter/emissions/sortez-du-cadre/videos/plagiat-mika-s-explique-sur-la-polemique-2418753

From the new interview on Tele Star that will be released on monday, Chartsinfrance posted an article with some pieces where he talks about the album

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-96582.html

In brief:

The French album will have a special edition with four tracks in French.

The album is described as "pop, very direct, uncluttered".

About the song "All She Wants": it directly evokes the mother of Mika. "All she wants is another son ... All she wants is another son, but not me. Very funny (?)"

Mika finds the candor and the lightness of his first records on this new project.

"No Place in Heaven", which gives the name to the album, is "a letter to God, in which I asked where I should go. Heaven, hell? This is a question that many people ask. We wonder if we made the wrong choice, if we have been a good person. "

"L'Amour" is presented as a song "very disco chic" and it was recorded with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra as "J'ai pas envie", "very pop and funny," it recalls clearly the hit "Elle me dit". The lyrics are: « Tu m'as offert des roses / je t’ai envoyé dessus. / T’as voulu faire une pause / j’ai dit "on continue" / Tu voulais du Gainsbourg / je t’ai offert du Booba. / Tu voulais faire l’amour / on a fait de la zumba ».

(In English: "You gave me roses / I re-sent it. / You wanted to make a pause / I said "continue" / You wanted Gainsbourg / I offered Booba. / You wanted to make love / we made Zumba " :aah: )

Moreover, Mika told them about a special project: "a new album recorded with African and Mexican musicians."

If there are mistakes please feel free to correct me

Edited by Lucrezia

From the new interview on Tele Star that will be released on monday, Chartsinfrance posted an article with some pieces where he talks about the album

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/MIKA/news-96582.html

In brief:

The French album will have a special edition with four tracks in French.

The album is described as "pop, very direct, uncluttered".

About the song "All She Wants": it directly evokes the mother of Mika. "All she wants is another son ... All she wants is another son, but not me. Very funny (?)"

Mika finds the candor and the lightness of his first records on this new project.

"No Place in Heaven", which gives the name to the album, is "a letter to God, in which I asked where I should go. Heaven, hell? This is a question that many people ask. We wonder if we made the wrong choice, if we have been a good person. "

"L'Amour" is presented as a song "very disco chic" and it was recorded with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra as "J'ai pas envie", "very pop and funny," it recalls clearly the hit "Elle me dit". The lyrics are: « Tu m'as offert des roses / je t’ai envoyé dessus. / T’as voulu faire une pause / j’ai dit "on continue" / Tu voulais du Gainsbourg / je t’ai offert du Booba. / Tu voulais faire l’amour / on a fait de la zumba ».

(In English: "You gave me roses / I re-sent it. / You wanted to make a pause / I said "continue" / You wanted Gainsbourg / I offered Booba. / You wanted to make love / we made Zumba " :aah: )

Moreover, Mika told them about a special project: "a new album recorded with African and Mexican musicians."

If there are mistakes please feel free to correct me

I love the sound of the bolded part, that sounds quite exciting:wub2:

Me too!!! The fact that he's always open to different cultures and experiences is so charming :thumb_yello:

If he does it before WOMAD next year, it would be great if he perfomed there. :wub2:

Mika interviewed on Télé 7 jours

https://imageshack.us/i/p57zQKF3j

https://imageshack.us/i/eyaW0lKtj

Hey there, I haven't seen this posted yet so here it is.

Here you can also find the translation.

If anyone finds some mistakes be free to tell me so that I can edit it!

Mika

Confidences of a very shy person.

Sunshine in London! End of March, the sun is shining on the English capital city. In the residential district of Chelsea, in the southern London, the white houses glitter. Here’s where Mika lives. The singer welcomes us dressed in jeans and blue sweater, on a light blue shirt. A simplicity that clashes with his The Voices outfits, but also with his home very Art Déco, where the pieces of arts lay next to the artwork of his 4th album which is being put together.

A mix of colourful pieces of paper and Mika’s portraits taken by the great photographer Peter Lindbergh. The coach is a little bit tired, after some hard days of work with his sisters, among whom Yasmine, who comes greeting us before going on working on the album booklet.

We take place in the kitchen around a big familiar table. It’s 4 ‘o clock pm, and as any good Londoner Mika brews some tea.

“It’s been a year and a half I’ve been working between where we’re sit now and that studio over there. That’s my life when I’m in London and I wanted to share that with you.”

INTERV: “Now that you are far away from The Voice, what is your opinion about this second season? Any weariness?”

M:I’ve got a very weird team full of talents coming from very different places. I can’t feel jaded. The Voice for me is like a house, which stays the same changing its furniture. However I’m someone who really loves habits. Like my dog Melachi. (alerted the animal, a big reddish dog, opens her eyes). For example, from the moment I bought that new chair, she’s been starring at it uncomfortably, she stays away from it. I’m the same as her.

INTERV: How do you feel on screen?

M:To be honest, I watch myself very little. There’s just a little mirror here, in my bathroom, standing on a cupboard near the washbasin. I don’t like to look at me very often. Besides I haven’t been sleeping for two days, I’ve barely washed myself and I’ve got nothing left to wear. I emptied all my wardrobes, everything is now in my flats in Paris and Milan.

INTERV: Yet isn’t it here in London, that you consider being at home?

Yes! Here’s the place where I feel most at home. Here is my family, my love life (his boyfriend’s name is Andy). And here I have my dog too. Where she is, that’s my home.

INTERV: After The voice I feel like you are more free, like you can talk without problems…

M:Before The Voice, I had a sort of click. I didn’t want to withhold anymore, I only wanted to do everything I wanted to. It’s not a real liberation. I just feel more at ease, but always preserving the most precious of all qualities: candor.

INTERV: We always see you very talkative on screen…

M:And again, they cut parts when editing.

INTERV: Is it a revenge for you, who hid behind muteness as a child?

M:(He laughs) It can be. It’s better now, because I speak about something I know very well, music.

But I’ve not changed from when I was 7. I just could find something with which I can feel at ease by myself and transpose it in my outside life.

INTERV: What would have been your life if you hadn’t found the music?

M:I would’ve been Geographer! It was the only thing I wanted to study back then. (He attended the London school of Economics, the equivalent of an important school in France). I’ll tell you a little story that makes us all laugh when it comes out in our family. My grandmother is Lebanese and she speaks French, English and Arabic with a very strong accent. She always tells us that we make her angry because she wanted us to become businessmen, doctors or even neurosurgeons. But nobody, neither her sons or daughters nor her grandsons or great-grandsons choose one of those subjects. Nobody! And there are 26 of us! We’re all artists. She wanted to call her family and to be able to say (he talks with Lebanese accent) “Oh my grandson is a great doctor in Paris!”

INTERV: She could say: “Oh my grandson is a great singer”

M:It would rather be: “Oh no, he’s weird, not a traditional one. Will he ever have a woman? He won’t likely have. Good, ok” She’s strange, I love her so much!

INTERV: Despite all, I can still feel a little bit of shyness in you…

M:A lot! When I go out, I tend to hide. I’ve always been this way. It’s a little bit of shyness and a little bit of fear. When I walk into a bakery I mutter, I don’t speak. On stage it’s the other way round.

INTERV: You live between London, Paris, Milan and sometimes Los Angeles. Isn’t it hard to manage to keep up a family and love life?

M:I live close to my family, but we don’t need to see each other every single day. And I don’t have children yet, so, it goes.

It’s a big responsibility, we can’t be selfish. Children come first when you have them, now it’s my job what comes first. And talking about my life as a couple, for now it goes. Sometimes it’s hard, living far away and all. But I’m lucky. What’s important is having a few moments when we can rest and live a quiet life as a couple and in our social lives. I work a lot at my place, that helps.

INTERV: I know you’re sensitive, however you’ve been the only one who hasn’t cried in The Voice so far…

M:I’ve very sweet and sensitive, I feel things in a very deep and intense way. Too much sometimes! But when it comes to crying, I keep it for myself.

INTERV: You say you’re not a romantic person but in your last single “Talk about you” you sing “You’re the only one I wanna talk about” It’s a nice love stating anyway…

M:In my life I don’t like the sickly sweet part. I’m rather a colourful romantic. More like Matisse than Mon Chéri. This song is utterly joyful!

INTERV: Does your boyfriend ever ask you if these songs are dedicated to him?

M:No, never. I don’t know if he feels himself brought into play. He hides all this because he knows I feel hung up very quickly if many judgments are expressed. So he does say nothing. He listens but never says a word. I hope he’s happy with it but honestly, I don’t know. It’s all to the good.

INTERV: Wouldn’t you like him to know when you write a song thinking about him?

M:No… It’s my modest side, once again. Everything I need to say, it’s written in my songs. And I don’t want to explain them too much, because I want people to make them yours. When I released Boum boum boum many people said that it was an engaged song talking about homosexuality, just because it came from me. But it’s not, it’s just a love song.

Sneak Peak: We listened to Mika’s new album.

At his place, Mika made a point of presenting us a few songs of his forthcoming album, No place in Heaven, waited for the 15th of June. A very pure and direct pop record. We listened, among the others: “All she wants” a song which speaks about his mother “All she wants is another son, but not me, it’s quite weird this one” jokes the singer. Then the title-track: “A letter to God in which I ask Him where do I have to go. Heaven or Hell? It’s a question that many people ask themselves. We wonder whether we’ve made the right decisions or not, whether we’ve been a good person or not.” And Mika does not forget us, with many French tracks among which: “L’amour”very disco-chic, recorded with the Montreal Symphony Orchestra where he says :”Love does what he wants” but also “J’ai pas envie” very pop and weird, on the line of Elle me dit.

Edited by *Vv*