MIKA in French Press - 2015

Kumazzz

Translation into English:

About 600 spectators attended the Mika and OSM concerts on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. It was the first time the Montréal orchestra invited a foreign artist in his OSM POP serie.

To our readers who asked us if there would be a DVD of Mika's symphonic concert, Mr Isaacson says there is no DVD planned, but we might see very soon, OSM permetting, a video of a song filmed at la Maison symphonique. If the result is good, we'd like it to be the new song of the new album to come which is called "Last Party" that would certainly be a great teaser for the fans.

This new album by Mika, is being mixed right now, and Mika enjoyed Simon Leclerc's orchestration so much that he asked him to record cords for one of the songs CD version. (We know it's more since Mika twitted about four-note by me )

Finally, this Montreal experiment was such a success that it might go on in places where Mika is the most popular. The Lebanese singer, who is very famous in Quebec, has legions of fans in France, where he's a coach in The Voice at the moment, and also in Italy, where he's involved in the show XFactor Italia.

But he needs to get the UK back!

It's good that he's thinking of doing more concerts. But why just the places where he's popular, because of The Voice and X Factor? If he'd done those shows here in UK, he'd be popular again here as well. This is not fair to the fans he still has in Britain. I'm sure he could also do this in the UK.

But he needs to get the UK back!

It's good that he's thinking of doing more concerts. But why just the places where he's popular, because of The Voice and X Factor? If he'd done those shows here in UK, he'd be popular again here as well. This is not fair to the fans he still has in Britain. I'm sure he could also do this in the UK.

I hope he does it in Britain too :thumb_yello: Nothing has been confirmed yet, that's the journalist mentioning that more symphonic concerts with Mika would be a good thing, I 've been twitting to Philarmonie de Paris about it, as they seem to be organizing such events, and if there's something similar in Paris you could also twit to them about Mika's great success in his shows with OSM? A friend of Mika challenged him to do those concerts, he didn't know OSM adapted pop music when she did.

I hope he does it in Britain too :thumb_yello: Nothing has been confirmed yet, that's the journalist mentioning that more symphonic concerts with Mika would be a good thing, I 've been twitting to Philarmonie de Paris about it, as they seem to be organizing such events, and if there's something similar in Paris you could also twit to them about Mika's great success in his shows with OSM? A friend of Mika challenged him to do those concerts, he didn't know OSM adapted pop music when she did.

It's possible that, because what Mika is doing is so unusual, other international orchestras will pick up on it.

The truth is, I think this idea is fantastic. Mika is unique, and Mika + Symphony Orchestra is just what he should be doing, to prove that he transcends genres.

Certainly I would pass the word around. It's just a shame we have no proper footage, we could have sent the videos to other international orchestra's sites.

Anyway, we'll see what comes of this endeavour of his. It could lead to great things.

I'm still a glass-half-full kind of girl, when it comes to Mika.

It's possible that, because what Mika is doing is so unusual, other international orchestras will pick up on it.

The truth is, I think this idea is fantastic. Mika is unique, and Mika + Symphony Orchestra is just what he should be doing, to prove that he transcends genres.

Certainly I would pass the word around. It's just a shame we have no proper footage, we could have sent the videos to other international orchestra's sites.

Anyway, we'll see what comes of this endeavour of his. It could lead to great things.

I'm still a glass-half-full kind of girl, when it comes to Mika.

I personally think the best chance for it to happen would be that Mika & OSM go on tour together in some cities.

Today on 50 minutes inside there was a doc about Mika for the Montreal's gigs. I've recorded it and you can watch or download it (it's in HD) here

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxtyZuo401xaUXFvaldnM0lwNTQ/view?usp=sharing

thanks lu! :flowers2: it doesn't work on my tablet, i see only a picture and nothing happens when i click play... but from the pic i guess this is the same on yt?

[YOUTUBE]ajD6Exr_hBM[/YOUTUBE]

lovely to see a few bits of the show again. :wub2: did i get it right that the restaurant belongs to garou? apart from that, i didn't understand much, so a translation (or at least a summary) would be welcome. :blush-anim-cl:

thanks lu! :flowers2: it doesn't work on my tablet, i see only a picture and nothing happens when i click play... but from the pic i guess this is the same on yt?

lovely to see a few bits of the show again. :wub2: did i get it right that the restaurant belongs to garou? apart from that, i didn't understand much, so a translation (or at least a summary) would be welcome. :blush-anim-cl:

Yes the restaurant belongs to Garou ! But he was not there that day. I'm sure an angel will translate it soon. :thumb_yello:

Today on 50 minutes inside there was a doc about Mika for the Montreal's gigs. I've recorded it and you can watch or download it (it's in HD) here

Thanks a milliom for sharing !! You are a star !!!:huglove:

Thank you Lucrezia, unfortunately I missed it tonight and fortunately you are here to rescue me :thumb_yello:

I can translate but I'd like to be sure nobody's working on it for now.. Please let me know asap if you're doing it already :wink2:

Thank you so much Lucrezia :huglove::flowers2:

I will translate it if no one has yet :thumb_yello:

EDIT: I get a message saying it was watched or downloaded too many times and to try again in a day for downloading, but I can watch it .

Edited by crazyaboutmika

Thank you Lucrezia, unfortunately I missed it tonight and fortunately you are here to rescue me :thumb_yello:

I can translate but I'd like to be sure nobody's working on it for now.. Please let me know asap if you're doing it already :wink2:

I did it Camille :thumb_yello:

It's also on mikawebsite

http://www.mikawebsite.com/video-50-mn-inside-mika-escapade-a-montreal/

Translation in English :wink2:

This is an exclusivity: Mika invited us to follow him backstage in a big magic and philarmonic concert in Montreal. Meanwhile preparing his album to be released in spring and also being each week a very dedicated judge in The Voice at the same time, discover intimate Mika.

Montreal in Quebec last week, temperature is around minus 15 degrees centigrades, in the symphonic orchestra building , the musicians are getting their intruments ready to play together, they are waiting for their guest , who will sing with them for the very first time tonight.

Mika: "I'm late". Already late!"

Mika has already spent several days in Montreal rehearsing with the 105 musicians of the orchestra . He is going to give three exceptional concerts in this concert hall that can hold an audience of 2000 people , one of the most well known in the world. Time has come for the very last rehearsals.

Mika and Simon Leclerc, the conductor, made together arrangements of his songs,so the orchestra could play them. Singing here is a true challenge, the building leaves no room for errors,

Mika:"The acoustician (he also took care of a similar place in Tokyo) which means a finger snap on stage can be heard to the furthest part of the room by the security exit and "the paradise" (higher parts of the room). It's amazing! It's fabulous!"

A new challenge for Mika, this singer with so many facets, we follow him now in Montreal.

A few hours before his concerts, Mika is taking a Montreal tour.

Mika: "I can't see you because there's an animal trying to get into my mouth as I'm talking to you. It's fake fur of course. "

Montreal is a town the singer knows well. He came to Montreal seven years ago and has been returning regularly since then in order to sing on stage or record albums, but tonight's event started out a bit by chance. A year and a half ago, one of Mika's Canadian friends who is a journalist suggested this idea to him after a concert. She told me: "I saw you playing piano, why don't you do something totally classic, with a symphony?" and I said : "Yes, why not, some day, yes" and I asked her if she knew someone at the symphony and she said:"no", so I asked her how she would get in touch with them and she said she would find them in the yellow pages, and that's exactly what she did. Then four months later she called me and said they agreed to the project and now here we are.

On this particular day Mika takes some time to go high to be able to enjoy a view of Montreal. It's the first time he sees Montreal under the snow from so high.

Mika: "Nice view, it's not bad, it's so flat!"

Mika lives in London. Before his stay in to Montreal, he was in Los Angeles to get his new album ready, then he's off to New York and after that to Paris for The Voice , and he will soon tour all around the world for new concerts. Mika is 31 and he is a true nomad.

Mika: "I'm a bit like a gypsy. In a way I don't mind but that's because I travel a lot but with my friends and my family. I have this priviledge to feel at home everywhere I am. So right now I don't mind. But I don't have any children, so my life isn't traditional in that way at home, so for now it gives me freedom, but if it changes some day, well it will change, but now it's going well. "

The singer wants to visit a special place he heard a lot about.

Mika: "We are going to Garou's"

Garou is one of the owners of this inn, which was opened in 1754 , so one of the oldest of North America. After being totally refurbished it has become one of the most famous restaurants in Montreal. Garou is not there on that day, but the chief Emily Rizeto invites Mika to follow her into the kitchen.

Mika:"Good evening."

Mika: "Do I cook? Yes I love cooking?"

Chief: "Yeah! Can you cook anything?"

Mika: "Yes! Anything!"

Chief:"So I'm gonna make you work a bit!"

Mika:" Yeah!"

Chief; "Here we go!"

Mika is going to help the chief cook his lunch (chateaubriand -big slice of beef-with a mix of vegetables)

Mika:"The surgeon gloves are not very sexy! Am I doing this well?"

Chief: "Yeah!"

Mika: "Those are big slices aren't they?"

Chief: "The red one is for meat."

Mika:"If someone had told me I was going to cook in Garou's restaurant....he's in Paris and he's watching me from there! "

Mika: "Done! This is how to do it."

Chief: "It's delicious!"

MIKA:"In Italian!"

But good food is not the only asset of this place. On the top floor, a stange place is hidden, at the end of these steep and dark stairs.

Mika:"It's like in an old western! Do we continue?"

Mika: "Waoh!"

An attic filled with old pianos!

Mika:"This one is not in a good shape!"

Mika:"That's so cool! What a good idea! The pianos cementery!

The piano, Mika's good luck instrument. It is with a piano that he discovered music. Michael Hollbrook Penniman started playing the piano as a chid when he was six in Paris where he lives with his family. By a twist of fate this particular piano will follow him in London when the family has to move very fast there when Mika is ten.

Mika:" We had to leave Paris in very difficult circumstances. We had lost everything. One of the only things that followed us in the move from Paris to London was that piano because the bailiffs didn't take it because it has no value. And this is the piano on which I composed almost all of my first and second albums."

Today, the little boy who played the piano has become a singer and a star with ten million albums sold. A star who is about to take a big risk tonight by singing on one of the most well known concert hall in the world. 2000 people came to listen to him.

Mika: "I feel a bit nervous, I feel out of control, I know I can not do a single mistake in this context, there's no security net , if I fall I can't hide , I can't dance, there are no lights, no staging, there's nothing."

Tonight it won' t be an extravagant, colorful gig as he's used to , but acoustic music.

Mika:"Good evening."

And Mika's bet is a total success, this classical orchestra plays his pop music, as for example, his newest single, Boum Boum Boum which tells the story of a couple making love. After an hour and a half of concert, Mika seems reassured.

Mika:"It was nice."

Journalist: "How do you feel?"

Mika: "Electrified."

On this particular night the audience was so lucky as they heard four new songs of Mika's coming album which he is currently finishing.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Thanks 1

Vidéo 50 mn inside : Mika, escapade à Montréal

I've uploaded a [HD] video to VK !

ORIGINAL http://www.wat.tv/video/mika-escapade-montreal-792e1_2ey19_.html

VK https://vk.com/video232312753_171153928 :wink2:

:uk::france: Video with subtitles

Edited by Kumazzz

11:59 PM

01:57 AM

I will translate it if no one has yet

03:48 AM

I did it Camille

Cause sharing is caring :mf_rosetinted:

Camille, you won some more free time :floor:

Anyway, we'll do subtitles using that translation if it's ok for Anne.

Edited by Elwendin