MIKA @ Verboten, Brooklyn, New York: 3 May 2015

dcdeb

:blush-anim-cl:Thank you everyone who tried to help me in a sincere way.. I have plenty of suggestions now and i will try for the the show at Webster Hall..If it does not work i have still the show in October in Marseille France.. so thank you! :wink2::blush-anim-cl::mikadas:

so pierogies are that good, huh? i'm definitely gonna try them this time :naughty:

:yes:

Yeah I was thinking we take the subway to Veselka. It's open late, there are pierogies...good enough for me :naughty:

:thumb_yello:

what are pierogies? :blink:

Like Eastern European ravioli without the sauce. :wink2: Usually filled with cheese or potato or cabbage. This place makes fancy pierogies with gourmet fillings. :wub2:

CCkSRMSWIAABQxB.jpg

:blush-anim-cl::naughty::thumb_yello: just wanted to wish you all a good time! Even the Mika Time of your life!:naughty: but me going finally to the other one!.. Bought a ticket this morning for Webstar Hall, looking at the NY map really easier for me for New York survival there lol and well I think i will fit well in Webstar Hall haha!:naughty: have sincerelly all a good time!:naughty::thumb_yello:mikasweat::mikacool::

Hey, I was just trying to get a ticket for this tonight but it wouldn't let me for some reason...so I was wondering if anyone had an extra ticket they needed to get rid of? (I know that they say no resales or refunds on the website, but I thought it might be possible if meeting at the venue and getting the tickets together)

Anyway, I figured there's no harm in asking :)

Hey, I was just trying to get a ticket for this tonight but it wouldn't let me for some reason...so I was wondering if anyone had an extra ticket they needed to get rid of? (I know that they say no resales or refunds on the website, but I thought it might be possible if meeting at the venue and getting the tickets together)

Anyway, I figured there's no harm in asking :)

Sorry, I don't have an extra for this show. :sad:

But it doesn't appear to be sold out -- I just went to the site and started the process to buy a ticket and it seems like I could have. Clear the cache on your computer and then try buying again? Or send them an email. I sent them one about something else and they were very quick to respond.

Or I could try to buy it for you?

Finally, don't forget to post in the extra ticket thread, if you haven't already.

Sorry, I don't have an extra for this show. :sad:

But it doesn't appear to be sold out -- I just went to the site and started the process to buy a ticket and it seems like I could have. Clear the cache on your computer and then try buying again? Or send them an email. I sent them one about something else and they were very quick to respond.

Or I could try to buy it for you?

Finally, don't forget to post in the extra ticket thread, if you haven't already.

Thank you so much for offering to help I think I'll email them first and see if I can get this figured out :)

It doesn't seem to be sold out but I tried to buy a ticket five times with two different credit cards but they said "Could not complete sale as requested, there may be a problem with your payment information, please try again." even tho i was pretty certain it was all correct, I went over my info multiple times just in case :blink:

Thank you so much for offering to help I think I'll email them first and see if I can get this figured out :)

It doesn't seem to be sold out but I tried to buy a ticket five times with two different credit cards but they said "Could not complete sale as requested, there may be a problem with your payment information, please try again." even tho i was pretty certain it was all correct, I went over my info multiple times just in case :blink:

Have you tried using a different browser? Sometimes it helps.

I've had some really good luck off of Airbnb in NYC, if you're looking for a place to stay. I've also usually been able to find Hotwire hotels under $100/night if you're willing to wait until a few days before you go

Not even two weeks until the gig. Exciting :wub2:

And now it's just a week away! Can't wait! :excite:

Just a reminder to everyone -- even if you RSVP'd before, you'll need to do it again, since we moved. The calendar is the one thing that didn't transfer over properly! :(

But just visit May 3 on the calendar and RSVP!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/calendar/event/12-mika-verboten-brooklyn-new-york-3-may-2015/

Thanks!

Head's up MFC! New York City subway that runs from Manhattan to Williamsburg (where the venue is) is not running on weekends! It's called the L train—you can see it in grey on this map—and it's the easiest way to get there. But unfortunately it will not be running this Sunday!

As you can see, the G Greenpoint stop is close to the venue, and there are some buses that run in this area. Make sure to do your research before the day of the show! And let me know if you have some public transit questions, because I have a pretty good idea of the system here.

screen-shot-2012-09-13-at-1-48-59-pm.png

Head's up MFC! New York City subway that runs from Manhattan to Williamsburg (where the venue is) is not running on weekends! It's called the L train—you can see it in grey on this map—and it's the easiest way to get there. But unfortunately it will not be running this Sunday!

As you can see, the G Greenpoint stop is close to the venue, and there are some buses that run in this area. Make sure to do your research before the day of the show! And let me know if you have some public transit questions, because I have a pretty good idea of the system here.

screen-shot-2012-09-13-at-1-48-59-pm.png

Omg what bad timing! Thanks for the heads up Kira! I'll be coming from Penn Station. Would taking smth like the J train, then walking to the venue be a good idea? From google street view i'm not so sure about that neighborhood xD

Omg what bad timing! Thanks for the heads up Kira! I'll be coming from Penn Station. Would taking smth like the J train, then walking to the venue be a good idea? From google street view i'm not so sure about that neighborhood xD

I was planning to ask how is the neighborhood around the venue? It's safe to walk around? I can remember the last time I saw a gig in New York. The area wasn't nice. 

Walking from the J train is safe, but it would take a while...that's pretty far! Definitely check out a route on Google Maps before and see if that's what you want to do.

I was planning to ask how is the neighborhood around the venue? It's safe to walk around? I can remember the last time I saw a gig in New York. The area wasn't nice. 

Haha I think "nice" is relative, but Williamsburg is SUPER gentrified (imo). I don't think there's anything to be concerned about, even alone at night. Especially this area. Tiibet, I don't know what neighborhood your last gig was in but I can't imagine--personally--that anywhere Mika plays would not be nice. 

Another option of getting to the venue! If you have a smartphone, you can download the app Lyft from this link, which will give you a $20 coupon for a taxi! Lyft is a taxi-hailing service like Uber. https://www.lyft.com/invited/KIRA957671

Edited by superstar

Haha I think "nice" is relative, but Williamsburg is SUPER gentrified (imo). I don't think there's anything to be concerned about, even alone at night. Especially this area. Tiibet, I don't know what neighborhood your last gig was in but I can't imagine--personally--that anywhere Mika plays would not be nice. 

I think the last gig Nina went to was in Washington Heights. But yeah, Williamsburg is fine.

I think the last gig Nina went to was in Washington Heights. But yeah, Williamsburg is fine.

I was there just for the gig so I didn't get much experience. Maybe it wasn't bad at all and people just wanted foreigners to be careful. This one sounds fine and I hope we will be there as a bigger group anyway. Thanks! 

Walking from the J train is safe, but it would take a while...that's pretty far! Definitely check out a route on Google Maps before and see if that's what you want to do.

Another option of getting to the venue! If you have a smartphone, you can download the app Lyft from this link, which will give you a $20 coupon for a taxi! Lyft is a taxi-hailing service like Uber. https://www.lyft.com/invited/KIRA957671

ok, thanks for this info. we'll figure something else out

see ya'll there in couple days!

I wish everyone who attends the gig tomorrow a wonderful time and have the blast. Can´t wait to see your pics, vids and read your reports. :yes:

+1 Enjoy it all :-)

Love,love

me