Blue

mellody

1 hour ago, Starlight said:

I honestly also don't understand why some don't like this song or his voice in the song. I actually quite like it. It's so beautiful and touching. It gives me a lot of feelings at the same time.

I tend to not really like the really slow songs, but also, most of the lyrics don't really make sense to me... blue is a feminine color, don't trust rainbows... wtf are you on about?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poisonyoulove said:

I tend to not really like the really slow songs, but also, most of the lyrics don't really make sense to me... blue is a feminine color, don't trust rainbows... wtf are you on about?

in any case it makes a lot more sense to me than OMS. :teehee: I think in Blue he plays a bit with the two meanings of the word, the colour blue and being sad. Instead of saying "no one likes you when you're sad", like some people do, he declares his love for sadness in this song - and instead of describing why it's ok to be sad, he describes why blue is better than any other colour. Sure, it doesn't always make sense if you analyze it too much - "but bite a lemon, it tastes sour" doesn't actually convince me to prefer blue over yellow. :naughty: But if I just listen, without thinking too much, the lyrics sound poetic to me. And I certainly love the melody.

I suppose it's like with any kind of art, it very much depends on personal taste. I always thought that OMS must be some piece of art that just doesn't appeal to me, maybe because I don't understand it... But Blue just is a piece of art that I enjoy, and I can't really tell why I love it so much more than OMS.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mellody said:

in any case it makes a lot more sense to me than OMS. :teehee: I think in Blue he plays a bit with the two meanings of the word, the colour blue and being sad. Instead of saying "no one likes you when you're sad", like some people do, he declares his love for sadness in this song - and instead of describing why it's ok to be sad, he describes why blue is better than any other colour. Sure, it doesn't always make sense if you analyze it too much - "but bite a lemon, it tastes sour" doesn't actually convince me to prefer blue over yellow. :naughty: But if I just listen, without thinking too much, the lyrics sound poetic to me. And I certainly love the melody.

I suppose it's like with any kind of art, it very much depends on personal taste. I always thought that OMS must be some piece of art that just doesn't appeal to me, maybe because I don't understand it... But Blue just is a piece of art that I enjoy, and I can't really tell why I love it so much more than OMS.

He just wants to say that joyful people maybe sour (blue) inside with the yellow line, doesnt he :aah: Hes playing up this concept of duality through the whole song.

1 hour ago, Poisonyoulove said:

Rainbows come after the rain ( when youre blue ), no? :aah: I guess he wants to say that happiness ( rainbows ) doesnt last, and 'loving the blue in you' is what matter most.

Dunno, the song makes sense to me but it feels a bit silly to analize the lyrics.

Edited by ellie

• 3 weeks later...

After a few weeks of listening, I really love this song.  I thought it was kind of boring after the first couple of listens and it didn't capture me when I heard it live, but now it's always in my head and I listen to it first when I put the album on.  Funny how songs can grow on you.  Now I wish I could hear it live again.  It would be a totally different experience.