YouTube  User Jesús Bañuelos

PRESS

Soul Kitchen 4169744

Le Progres  4169699

Zenith de Etienne 4172061

Edited by Kumazzz
updating
  • Like 1

I certainly prefer the polka dots to a football shirt, but the fact that he changed on stage is a good reason to accept it. :mikadas: :teehee: Nice to see him shirtless on stage again, he still looks as good as he did 10 years ago! :mf_lustslow:

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

PRESS

leprogres.fr

Saint-Étienne. Mika électrise le Zénith dans un show dantesque !

Mardi soir, le chanteur international Mika était à Saint-Étienne dans une ambiance incroyable. Il faut dire que ses passages sont rares dans la Loire et que les fans attendaient ce moment avec impatience.

D’un coup de baguette magique et avec sa voix de tête caractéristique il a retourné la salle stéphanoise. L’artiste est entrée en scène avec Ice cream avant de rappeler de nombreux souvenirs aux spectateurs, très hétérogènes, avec les tubes de son premier album Life in Cartoon Motion. On a pu se régaler en réentendant les titres Relax take it easy , mais aussi Love today ou encore Grace Kelly.

Le show est mené tambour battant, pas une seconde de repos. Il court partout, se roule au sol, danse sur un piano rose, enfile le maillot de l’ASSE, sautille…

La version live des musiciens rajoute encore plus de superbe

Les projecteurs inondent la salle de lumières très vives dans un style parfois kitch (le décor) mais ô combien travaillé. On adore. La version live des musiciens rajoute encore plus de superbe à cette prestation au millimètre. Est-il fou ? Il ose le dire : « Vous êtes au concert d’un fou, ce n’est pas ma faute, c’est juste la condition dans laquelle je suis », a-t-il lancé à la foule avant de parcourir toute la fosse et les gradins micro en main.

Le chanteur n’oublie pas son public et donne tout sur scène. Dantesque !

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Saint Etienne. Mika electrifies the Zenith in a dantesque show!

Tuesday night, the international singer Mika was in Saint-Etienne in an incredible atmosphere. It must be said that his passages are rare in the Loire and that fans were waiting for this moment with impatience.

With a magic wand, and with his characteristic head voice, he returned to the Salle Saint-Etienne. The artist came on stage with Ice Cream before recalling many memories to the audience, very heterogeneous, with the hits of his first album Life in Cartoon Motion. We were able to feast by reiterating the titles Relax take it easy, but also Love today or Grace Kelly.

The show is carried out flying, not a second of rest. He runs everywhere, rolls on the ground, dances on a pink piano, puts on the shirt of the ASSE, jumps ...

The live version of the musicians adds even more superb

The floodlights flood the room of bright lights in a style sometimes kitsch (decor) but oh how much worked. We love. The live version of the musicians adds even more superb to this benefit to the millimeter. Is he crazy? He dares to say it: "You are at the concert of a madman, it is not my fault, it is just the condition in which I am", he launched to the crowd before going through the whole pit and the micro stands in hand.

The singer does not forget his audience and gives everything on stage. Dantesque!

mika-ose-le-dire-vous-etes-au-concert-d-un-fou-ce-n-est-pas-ma-faute-photo-progres-yves-salvat-1574202391.thumb.jpg.86a8e19b292c00bb761bfb6dad1f2400.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, mellody said:

I certainly prefer the polka dots to a football shirt, but the fact that he changed on stage is a good reason to accept it. :mikadas: :teehee: Nice to see him shirtless on stage again, he still looks as good as he did 10 years ago! :mf_lustslow:

In one of his recent interviews Mika mentioned that very often he was finishing his gigs shirtless. So I was waiting for this moment because till now he was 100% dressed up with his shirt buttoned up to  the chin. The show was supposed to be sensual, sexual.... yesterday it was...  :cheer::clap: The audience was on fire :blowup:

BTW - I don't want to say that Revelation Tour was not "sensual, sexual". It was. But in a different way :lol3:

• Like 1

No reports yet so let me write one. What a show! I picked this one because I have a friend who lives in St. Etienne, so it was a good excuse for a short trip.

We arrived at the venue around 6PM and I was pleasantly surprised but also concerned by how short the queue was.

Everything was very organised and calm. The St. Etienne Zenith is a good large venue. We panicked for a second because my tickets for some reasons were not recognized and they had to call a manager. Luckily she let us is....what a disappointment it would have been. They were just bought with French Ticketmaster and printed, so not sure what the problem was....

We ended up getting a nice spot in the parterre in the centre.

I think the centre is definetly the best spot to see this show, since this is where Mika spends most of his time and also where the piano pops up.

Looks like the show was quite similar to the ones in the previous days in France.

During Big Girl he said that those people in Heaven (meaning those who had a seat) felt very far away, so he started running around all the way to the upper seats since he said he wanted to get to know them.

Everyone was again very polite, apart from a woman that at the end was making it hard for him to go back to the parterre. She was quite annoying in my opinion.

When he got back to stage he said that one person in the parterre got to know him a little bit too well :)

A girl in front row gave him a green t-shirt from St. Etienne football. He said It was the first time in his life he was wearing a football shirt. He then said that green (colour of the t-shirt) and blue (colour of his pants) do not go well together, so he took off his shirt....and I agree with what Karen says. He is really hot! 

The setlist was probably the same as in Aix. Paloma is breathtaking. Happy ending off mic was as always good, but not as emotional as in London for some reason.

During underwater he asked those sitting to turn on the lights of their phones. He started with those in the last row, and then everyone else. As always it looked really really beautiful.

At the beginning of the show he said he woke up with a huge cold so he had to empty all the pharmacies he could find :) And it was also super cold in St. Etienne!

The energy was very high though and the place turned out to be sold out. A mixed crowd with also a lot of old couples, where you could definetly see that the husbands were just dragged by the wives :) 

So overall great great show. The only thing I did not like was the DJ who opened the show at 8PM. I wonder why he was chosen: so unelegant and ordinary. Totally the opposite of Mika :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

PRESS

Soul-Kitchen.fr

Photos concert: Mika @ Zénith de Saint-Étienne, 19.11.2019 | Soul Kitchen

Mika jouait son Révélation Tour, présentant l’album « My Name is Michael Holbrook » devant un Zénith de Saint-Étienne complet.

Une entrée en contre jour après une introduction parlée. Une scène aux couleurs de l’arc en ciel dont chacune des teintes définira un chapitre de ce concert très lumineux et dynamique. Vert, rose, mauve, orange et enfin blanc, pour chacune de ces couleurs, Mika associera plusieurs chansons de son répertoire, celle de son dernier album comme bien sûr celles qui ont fait son succès.

Le piano situé au centre de l’avancée de scène s’élève dans les airs, donnant au concert des allures de boite à musique. Des ballons fleurissent dans les airs. Mika danse et chante sur le même rythme, énergique et sans temps mort.
Mika, loin du fauteuil rouge de l’émission de TF1, rappellera tout au long du spectacle, qu’en plus de ses talents indéniables de show-man, c’est aussi et surtout un musicien et un artiste très complet et talentueux. Mention spéciale pour le titre Happy Ending dont l’artiste interprète le refrain à capella.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Mika was playing his Revelation Tour, presenting the album "My Name is Michael Holbrook" in front of a complete Zenith of Saint-Etienne.

An entry in the day after a spoken introduction. A scene in the colors of the rainbow, each shade will define a chapter of this concert very bright and dynamic. Green, rose, mauve, orange and finally white, for each of these colors, Mika will associate several songs of his repertoire, that of his last album as of course those that made his success.

The piano in the center of the stage projection rises up into the air, giving the concert a music box. Balloons bloom in the air. Mika dances and sings on the same rhythm, energetic and without dead time.
Mika, far from the red armchair of the TF1 show, will recall throughout the show, that in addition to his undeniable talents of show-man, it is also and above all a musician and a very complete and talented artist. Special mention for the title Happy Ending whose artist interprets a capella.

Setlist du concert de Mika @ Zénith de Saint-Étienne, 19 novembre 2019

1.     Ice cream - Mika
  2.     Jealousy - Mika
  3.     Relax - Mika
  4.     Origin - Mika
  5.     Platform ballerinas - Mika
  6.     Big Girl - Mika
  7.     Tiny Love - Mika
  8.     Underwater - Mika
  9.     Paloma - Mika
  10.     Tomorrow - Mika
  11.     Elle me dit - Mika
  12.     Lollipop - Mika
  13.     Happy Ending - Mika
  14.     Love Today - Mika

Rappel du concert de Mika @ Zénith de Saint-Étienne, 19 novembre 2019

1.     Grace Kelly - Mika
  2.     Stay Hight/Reprise Tiny Love - Mika

2019_11_19_mika-9_0.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-8.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-7_0.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-6_0.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-4.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-17_0.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-16.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-15_0.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-14.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-13.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-12.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-11.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-7.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-6.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-5.jpg

2019_11_19_mika-15.jpg

2019_11_19_MIKA-27.jpg

1574272396-1.jpg

1574272396-3.jpg

EJ07mP1WsAUFv7R.jpg

EJ07mPfWkAEahBt.jpg

EJ07mQ-W4AY1KXj.jpg

• Like 4

I am the girl who gave him

the T-shirt x)

to be honest I didn’t expect him to wore it, I just wanted to give him

that T-shirt because I was born in st etienne, I still live there, and the st etienne football team (known under the name ASSE) is more than a football team, it’s like a culture here, we’re raised to love the club because it’s a legend (Mainly in the 70’s) And since I’m a mika fan I really wanted to see him in my hometown, with Lyon just next to my city it was hopeless ’til this year so I just wanted to ... well I don’t know the expression in English but I wanted him to remember about st Etienne 

i thought he was just going to Wave the T-shirt, not wearing it but I have to admit I was really happy to see him wearing the colour of my city!

About the show, it’s was really awesome! A little bit disappoint that we had any songs of NPIH but expect that I really appreciate the show, the decor. I was worried when he was in the crowd, some people were too tactile with him, I remember a girl touching his hair like idk he’s not a toy??? but what do you wanna do.... 
anyway hope he’ll come back one day ! 

I have few pics and vids But as im on my phone I’m just gonna share my thread from twitter !

https://twitter.com/virgiinie_/status/1196059677051772928?s=21

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Melgine said:

I am the girl who gave him

the T-shirt x)

to be honest I didn’t expect him to wore it, I just wanted to give him

that T-shirt because I was born in st etienne, I still live there, and the st etienne football team (known under the name ASSE) is more than a football team, it’s like a culture here, we’re raised to love the club because it’s a legend (Mainly in the 70’s) And since I’m a mika fan I really wanted to see him in my hometown, with Lyon just next to my city it was hopeless ’til this year so I just wanted to ... well I don’t know the expression in English but I wanted him to remember about st Etienne 

i thought he was just going to Wave the T-shirt, not wearing it but I have to admit I was really happy to see him wearing the colour of my city!

About the show, it’s was really awesome! A little bit disappoint that we had any songs of NPIH but expect that I really appreciate the show, the decor. I was worried when he was in the crowd, some people were too tactile with him, I remember a girl touching his hair like idk he’s not a toy??? but what do you wanna do.... 
anyway hope he’ll come back one day ! 

I have few pics and vids But as im on my phone I’m just gonna share my thread from twitter !

https://twitter.com/virgiinie_/status/1196059677051772928?s=21

Hello Virginie (I don't know if it's your name?)

Thank you for this report!!!!!

It was such a pleasure to see Mika wearing your t-shirt! It makes the concert in Saint-Etienne marked forever :thumb_yello: Now we will remember that Mika in a green t-shirt = Saint-Etienne :biggrin2:

It's great that you are so proud of your city and your football team. 

And thank you for sharing your photos!!!!

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Hello Virginie (I don't know if it's your name?)

Thank you for this report!!!!!

It was such a pleasure to see Mika wearing your t-shirt! It makes the concert in Saint-Etienne marked forever :thumb_yello: Now we will remember that Mika in a green t-shirt = Saint-Etienne :biggrin2:

It's great that you are so proud of your city and your football team. 

And thank you for sharing your photos!!!!

yes, Virginie is my name :)

to be honest I hate the green color ahah but I’m still proud of that moment. Thank you for your kind words :)

I added few photos on twitter. I didn’t take a lot of pics I really wanted to enjoy the show!

btw sorry for the mistakes in English I still need to improve x) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...