Mika at Sanremo's Festival on RAI1 6 February 2020

Gabry74

video.IL Secolo XIX.it

Mika, dentro e fuori il Teatro Ariston

Mika si è esibito sia sopra il palco esterno in Piazza Colombo sia sul palco dell'Ariston.

Sia dentro che fuori Mika non si è risparmiato portando su entrambi i palchi grinta e dolcezza grazie alla sua voce così personale e i suoi pezzi davvero indimenticabili.

Mika, inside and outside the Ariston Theater

Mika performed both on the outdoor stage in Piazza Colombo and on the Ariston stage.

Both inside and outside Mika did not spare himself by bringing grit and sweetness to both stages thanks to his so personal voice and his truly unforgettable pieces.

Relax, Ice Cream and Domani

• Like 4

Vanity Fair.it

Sanremo 2020, Mika: «Perdoniamo l'amore, anche quando se ne va» -

«Quando ho imparato l’italiano sapevo solo dire “ciao”, “ti amo”, grazie” e “nel blu dipinto di blu”.

Ho preso un sacco di lezioni per cercare di capire l’Italia, ma la verità è che più la conosci e meno la capisci».

A parlare è Mika, l’artista che sulla Rai è ormai un po’ di casa e che, alla terza serata del settantesimo Festival di Sanremo, decide di rendere omaggio alla nostra tradizione utilizzando lo strumento più forte di tutti: la musica. Mika, che Amadeus ringrazia per aver mantenuto la promessa di venire ospite al Festival – 

«È stato il primo a cui l’ho proposto, era lo scorso settembre» – rivela i suoi autori preferiti: Lucio Dalla, Franco Battiato, Luigi Tenco e, soprattutto, Fabrizio De Andrè.

«È ascoltando la vostra musica che ho conosciuto l’Italia. Quante cose mi ha fatto capire De Andrè. Me le fatte capire dell’Italia, ma anche di me stesso, perché la musica parla di tante cose e tocca chiunque l’ascolti» spiega il cantante libanese non nascondendo il terrore di stringere tra le mani questa responsabilità.

«Quando mi hanno chiesto di rendere omaggio alla canzone italiana da questo palco mi sono spaventato: poi mi sono detto che non avrei dovuto temere nulla perché al mio fianco c’è l’amico De Andrè».

Fabrizio, infatti, «scrive quello che penso io dell’amore. Come se nel mondo ci fosse tutta questa quantità d’amore che non basta per tutti e ce la scambiamo. Così possiamo amare di più e perdonare l’amore anche quando se ne va».

Così Mika canta Amore che viene, amore che vai. Lo fa con il cuore e con un incredibile trasporto emotivo dopo essersi esibito sulle note di Dear Jealousy, tratto dal suo nuovo album My name is Michael Holbrook, e Happy Ending.

L’ennesima prova di un talento e di una versatilità rare e che, specie a Sanremo, hanno la possibilità di brillare di luce propria.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Sanremo 2020, Mika: «We forgive love, even when it goes away»

"When I learned Italian I only knew how to say" hello "," I love you ", thank you" and "in the blue painted blue". I took a lot of lessons to try to understand Italy, but the truth is that the more you know it, the less you understand it. "
To speak is Mika, the artist who is now a bit at home on Rai and who, on the third evening of the seventieth Sanremo Festival, decides to pay homage to our tradition by using the strongest instrument of all: music. Mika, whom Amadeus thanks for keeping his promise to be a guest at the Festival -
"It was the first one I proposed to, it was last September"
- reveals his favorite authors: Lucio Dalla, Franco Battiato, Luigi Tenco and, above all, Fabrizio De Andrè.

"It is by listening to your music that I got to know Italy. How many things De Andrè made me understand. They made me understand Italy, but also myself, because music speaks of many things and touches anyone who listens to them, "explains the Lebanese singer, not hiding the terror of holding this responsibility in his hands.
"When they asked me to pay homage to the Italian song from this stage I was frightened: then I said to myself that I shouldn't have feared anything because my friend De Andrè was at my side."
Indeed, Fabrizio "writes what I think of love. As if in the world there was all this amount of love that is not enough for everyone and we exchange it. So we can love more and forgive love even when it goes away. "

So Mika sings Love that comes, love that you go. He does it with his heart and with an incredible emotional transport after performing on the notes of Dear Jealousy, taken from his new album My name is Michael Holbrook, and Happy Ending.
Yet another proof of a rare talent and versatility that, especially in Sanremo, have the opportunity to shine with their own light.

9075b161-5214-4c39-b9e3-b01db27d1a27.thumb.jpg.3dd568fbc54e2cb9aa726c2fbe07f98e.jpg

602bc66f-e82b-46ba-849b-18a83de70870.jpg

12f2e9d5-7114-4465-ab18-bc5c3744e235.jpg

05fd898f-2066-4efa-bbd4-d6809d1821f0.jpg

89e5bac9-e0e2-4abb-b0a6-8c4bb8effd93.jpg

37df1ffd-4cf3-4a9f-b6cd-524869be75b1.jpg

82c14185-f637-46c4-b82c-c1a6e00394ab.jpg

b3229905-9350-48d7-b7a7-98585bee7704.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, mellody said:

So he did Dear Jealosy/Happy Ending and an Italian cover, something about amore. Is it just my impression or did he seem really nervous, especially for DJ/HE?

He looks tense to me too and when he speaks it is obvious he still has his cold,  so he was probably worried about the high notes especially as Sanremo is really important. It reminded me of the first time he sang Tiny Love. He was tense too. His Italian cover made me so emotional :tears: It's about love that comes and goes and he said he shared that opinion about love when he introduced the song.

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, crazyaboutmika said:

He looks tense to me too and when he speaks it is obvious he still has his cold,  so he was probably worried about the high notes especially as Sanremo is really important. It reminded me of the first time he sang Tiny Love. He was tense too. His Italian cover made me so emotional :tears: It's about love that comes and goes and he said he shared that opinion about love when he introduced the song.

Ah, thought I had understood something like that, but wasn't sure. I don't really understand the lyrics of the song, even if I read them online, guess it's too poetic for my Italian knowledge... :teehee: But if it being also Mika's opinion means that he sometimes loves people and sometimes doesn't, that'd explain a few things. :naughty:

• Haha 1

Sanremo News.it

In piazza Colombo un Mika soltanto da due brani: "Torno all'una, ora vado all'Ariston" (Foto e video)

Mika sul Nutella Stage dà un “assaggino” con due brani. Dopo Emma e Gigi d’Alessio è lui a scaldare il pubblico di piazza Colombo.

Il cantante di “Grace Kelly” si è esibito sul Nutella Stage con due pezzi il recente “Ice cream” e un classico del suo repertorio “Relax”.

“La mia avventura in Italia è cominciata ormai cinque o sei anni fa, non parlavo neanche l’italiano, l’ho imparato guardando i film di Benigni” racconta l’artista. E se deve indicare un cantante italiano che ammira in modo particolare, risponde senza esitare “De Andre”. Dopo avere eseguito i due brani il cantante se n’è andato dal palco di piazza Colombo tra gli evidenti borbottii dei numerosi fan accorsi per il brevissimo concerto.

Mika tornerà questa sera sul Nutella Stage per concedere tuttavia il bis al termine del Festival di Sanremo, dopo essersi esibito all’Ariston.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

In Piazza Colombo a Mika with only two tracks: "I'll be back at one, now I'm going to Ariston" (Photos and videos)

Mika on the Nutella Stage gives a "taste" with two songs. After Emma and Gigi d'Alessio, he warms the public in Piazza Colombo.

The singer of "Grace Kelly" has performed on the Nutella Stage with two pieces the recent "Ice cream" and a classic of her repertoire "Relax".

"My adventure in Italy began five or six years ago now, I didn't even speak Italian, I learned it by watching Benigni's films," says the artist. And if he has to indicate an Italian singer whom he admires in a particular way, he replies without hesitation "De Andre". After performing the two songs, the singer left the stage in Piazza Colombo amidst the evident mutterings of the numerous fans who had come for the very short concert.

Mika will return to the Nutella Stage tonight to give an encore at the end of the Sanremo Festival, after performing at the Ariston.

M_80e1170d73.thumb.jpg.f17eef5f36ceded856e91ee879d13958.jpg

M_9a48a77f04.jpg

M_aac830ca71.jpg

M_704618ddf0.jpg

M_e460f15a04.jpg

M_a360564b16.jpg

M_24e7af97bc.jpg

M_be43d39145.jpg

M_c196de8c92.jpg

M_d909b5ba67.jpg

M_9f8815bbc9.jpg

M_42b9fd3d6d.jpg

M_b9a7a0e6d8.jpg

M_7d1a3fd68c.jpg

M_4d4e0ccbe5.jpg

M_f6f2b261c2.jpg

M_c32e59ba88.jpg

M_be24439ae1.jpg

M_86eb6c593c.jpg

M_7c47a54ff6.jpg

M_feaebcd505.jpg

M_012384384f.jpg

M_44ed34a45e.jpg

M_1aa7941983.jpg

M_d4e7aabe96.jpg

M_7961b16e42.jpg

M_7c31ddc671.jpg

• Like 2

mikainstagram

Che emozione ieri a Sanremo !

It was a fantastic night, performing with @the100voicesofgospel and offering my personal celebration of Italian music by singing Fabrizio De Andrè’s “Amore Che Vieni , Amore che Vai” live with the Sanremo Orchestra conducted by Valeriano Chiaravalle.

Thank you to @maisonvalentino and @pppiccioli for the beautiful custom look.

I am honoured and blessed by all the lovely comments I received and so many people who tuned in to watch, thank you!

@the100voicesofgospel

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Could anyone please translate their talking ?

Here you are 😊

The presenter thanks Mika for singing one of De André's (one of the most famous songwriters in the Italian music history) song and Mika says that because of that he is now sweating a lot (because of the tension I think). And the presenter says that he understands Mika's feeling since it is always a great emotion to sing songs of such great artists.

Then the presenter thanks him for keeping the promise of being a guest in Sanremo, the very first artist who had promised this to him, back in September when Mika had performed at the Verona Arena. And Mika says he is very happy to be at Sanremo.

Then the presenter talks about Mika being loved in Italy, that he is going to start a world tour, that he always carries a little bit of Italy in his heart, and that he does many concerts in Italy as well.

Mika says that with the next two dates (Bari and Reggio Calabria) the European tour is going to end (although it is not true, as it ends in Strasbourg), but that he will be back in the summer at the Verona Arena, Umbria Jazz Festival in Perugia and in Sardinia and Sicily.

At this point the presenter says he knows about Taormina (in Sicily) and Mika says that he is still not allowed to reveal the city! :sweatdrop: So the presenter apoligizes and says he is famous for making errors like that. And than Mika talks about the places he has chosen for the summer dates, joking that he is only pretending to tour, while in fact he wants to be a tourist and thus for his gigs he chooses the most beautiful places to visit! :lmfao:

At the end Mika thanks again and wishes good luck to everyone, and thanks his choir, the 100 Voices of Gospel.

Edited by Chris_14
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

A part of Mika's appearance from the Third Night Replay video.

RaiPlay

St 2020 Ep 3 - Le cover dei 24 Campioni
263 min

2020/02/70-festival-della-canzone-italiana-di-sanremo-terza-serata

( 14 min / 720p / 216 MB )

he was magnificent!!!!!