Mika on the cover of Cosmopolitan IT & Interview, 22 April 2022

Gabry74

1 hour ago, Gabry74 said:

Mika on Cosmopolitan April/May 2022

20220421_154251(0).jpg

Short intro:

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/it/lifestyle/a39758951/cosmopolitan-maggio-giugno-2022/

image.thumb.png.bc32f30ccb3d3787ae48410e1c3f02b1.png

Questa è una canzone d'amore: con Mika come primo uomo sulla copertina dell'edizione italiana del magazine, Cosmopolitan è in edicola dal 22 aprile.

L'editoriale di Lavinia Farnese

di REDAZIONE DIGITAL

21/04/2022

Il ritorno della musica. Il potere della musica, quello che può esprimere e anche quello che può salvare. Prosegue con The Music Issue il nuovo percorso di Cosmopolitan Italia che trovate in edicola da venerdì 22 aprile. Ce lo racconta nell'editoriale Lavinia Farnese, Chief Editorial & Brand Officer di Cosmopolitan.

Canzoni d'amore

Un piccolo pesco rosa venuto con me di casa in casa – era un fuscello sottile fuori dalla porta della mansarda in cui sono stata ragazza, e nel maggio in cui ero incinta su un ballatoio ha germogliato fitto in un meraviglioso vaso antico verde acqua – mi ricorda oggi, dalla terrazza in cui ha trovato il suo posto al sole e su cui lo vedo buttare timido ma tenace due foglie e un bocciolo, che anche quando i tempi si fanno duri (è ormai più d’ogni
altra cosa un ramo scuro e nudo) niente è più ambizioso della primavera.
Fosse di un sol fiore, fiorisce. Allunga i giorni verso l’estate. Scalda la pelle. Alza il volume delle radio. Tinge di un azzurro sfacciato i cieli. È arrivata anche quest’anno, pur così, stretta tra una guerra dietro l’angolo e una pandemia che sebbene affievolita perdura, con una paura che ha ormai la misura quotidiana e nuova a cui eventi più grandi di noi ci stanno abituando.

E però c’è meno silenzio. Quel silenzio che si era preso tutto quando iniziò a girare la foto di un cartellone pubblicitario sul lungomare di Livorno con una risacca furente dietro a montare le onde, e una ragazza di passaggio. Un cartellone pubblicitario che doveva ospitare le date di un tour, e su cui qualcuno invece aveva ardito: «Mi manchi come un concerto».
Questo numero lo dedichiamo proprio alla musica. La musica che torna, e con lei quel biglietto in tasca con cui andare a prendere l’amore e aspettare che scenda – il motorino acceso e il cuore un po’ in subbuglio – parcheggiare alla meglio, vederlo ballare sottopalco. Lì stringerci, tenersi, trovare tra una canzone e l’altra l’incoscienza di sussurrargli tra i capelli «che voglia di baciarti», farlo, sentire in quel giro di note tutte le cellule del tuo corpo dire sì. Nella magia, nella fantasia di cui Mika è maestro, primo uomo in copertina nella storia di Cosmopolitan Italia, anche perché primo a tirare giù i muri, che sempre sono limiti e pregiudizi, e invece «Blue is a feminine color».

Lavinia Farnese

Google translation into English

This is a love song: with Mika as the first man on the cover of the Italian edition of the magazine, Cosmopolitan has been on newsstands since 22 April. The editorial by Lavinia Farnese

by DIGITAL DRAFTING
 21/04/2022

The return of music. The power of music, what it can express and also what it can save. The new path of Cosmopolitan Italia continues with The Music Issue, which you will find on newsstands from Friday 22 April. Lavinia Farnese, Chief Editorial & Brand Officer of Cosmopolitan, tells us about it.

Love songs

A small pink peach tree that came with me from house to house - it was a thin twig outside the attic door I was a girl in, and in May when I was pregnant on a balcony it sprouted tightly into a beautiful old teal vase - reminds me today, from the terrace where it found its place in the sun and on which I see it shyly but tenaciously throwing two leaves and a bud, which even when times get tough (it is now more another thing a dark and bare branch) nothing is more ambitious than spring.
If it were one flower, it flourishes. Extend the days towards summer. Warm the skin. Turn up the volume on the radios. It paints the skies a cheeky blue. Even so, this year has arrived again, caught between a war around the corner and a pandemic that, although weakened, persists, with a fear that now has the daily and new measure to which events greater than us are getting us used to.

And yet there is less silence. That silence that had taken everything when he started shooting a photo of an advertising billboard on the Livorno seafront with a furious undertow behind mounting the waves, and a passing girl. A billboard that was supposed to host the dates of a tour, and on which someone had dared: "I miss you like a concert."
This issue is dedicated to music. The music that comes back, and with it that ticket in your pocket with which to go get love and wait for it to come down - the motor is running and your heart a bit in turmoil - park as best you can, see it dance under the stage. There we hug, hold each other, find between one song and another the unconsciousness of whispering in his hair "I want to kiss you", do it, feel in that round of notes all the cells of your body say yes. In magic, in the imagination of which Mika is the master, the first man on the cover in the history of Cosmopolitan Italia, also because he was the first to pull down the walls, which are always limits and prejudices, and instead «Blue is a feminine color».

Lavinia Farnese

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I've just finished trying to understand this interview, and although I don't understand everything (the OCR reader I'm using doesn't like me, and I have no time now to adjust all the words :rolleyes:), I can definitely tell that it's very interesting and open. Just one bit here, what he says on the topic "Tour", because I found that one of the most interesting replies:

“Sometimes I feel like a whore, really. I am there taken by fatigue and then there is something - a look, a person, a collective gesture - that happens, and then the truth, love, feeling good returns. It is also proof that we don't always want to do what makes us feel good. I am also lazy. Because I'm extreme: either very lazy or a worker. If I drink, I drink a lot, otherwise I completely stop. Maybe I'm a little English. "

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

COSMOPOLITAN

22 Apr 2022

pressreader https://pressreader.com/article/281526524601271

Di colori, musica, pace, corpi, paura e amore

FANTASIA PACE COLORI PAURA AMORE LIBERTÀ CORPI MUSICA

• Cosmopolitan (Italy)
  • 22 Apr 2022
  •  
img?regionKey=kttGYayxdXQ8d3ES8dTX7g%3d%3d

Animale da live, Mika ha creato un nuovo show nelle arene e nei teatri (anteprima dopo l’estate, a Verona): è il The Magic Piano Tour. «Il pianoforte è casa, non so né scrivere né leggere le note, ma compongo e suono: quando sono felice, quando ho un dolore».

Mika dice di avere le mani «con la pelle da elefante: spessa, un po’ rugosa, che si spacca e apre crepe». Dice, passandocisi sopra la crema, di averle così da quando era piccolo, e che forse ha iniziato a capire proprio lì, anni addietro, guardandosele, la potenza umana della fantasia: saper vedere nella ruvidezza di un palmo il dorso di un elefante, e saper sentire in una questione personale qualcosa che attiene in fondo sempre a un universale. Qualunque cosa stia succedendo intorno. Così, durante un mattino che all’Hotel de la Ville di Roma anticipa l’estate, non fosse per il freddo che arriva da un telegiornale e parla di un conflitto duro e vicino, proprio mentre la musica si sta preparando a tornare dopo anni che ci hanno profondamente trasformati, ci inventiamo il gioco di scrivere un manifesto. Personale e universale insieme, per l’appunto.

GUERRA «Per come l’ho vissuta io da bambino, per come stiamo vivendo questa in Ucraina, da europei, è un fantasma che è anche una presenza. Destabilizzazione profonda, è a pochi passi da noi, ne senti l’effetto ma a distanza perché puoi sempre pensare: meglio dove sono che lì. La guerra me la ricordo che avevo due anni, ci spostammo a Parigi e lì, nella bolla libanese, gli spari erano sempre un sottofondo come l’impatto delle lacrime, della paura, del dolore. Perché poi uscivi dal tuo appartamento e c’erano la luce e i fiori: normalità. La guerra vera ti prende quando è tuo padre che viene preso. In ostaggio, com’è accaduto al mio durante il conflitto del Golfo. Eravamo sempre nello stesso appartamento a Parigi ma in quel caso il mondo è crollato anche per noi: circondato dai soldati di Saddam Hussein c’era lui, e non un altro. Quello che è tornato non era più papà, ma Mike».

MADRE «Un disturbo punk, poetico, romantico. Non sempre facile. Fino a poco tempo fa avevo una casa a Londra di fronte a quel civico 430 di King’s Road dove con Vivienne Westwood e Malcolm McLaren nacquero i Sex Pistols, e lei, da stilista, rubando ispirazioni dappertutto, creò appunto il poetic punk, questo look che già dal suo nome “disordina”. Ecco la mia mamma che è morta poco più di un anno fa era proprio così: una donna grossa che si creava vestiti coloratissimi con pattern e fiori. Adorava i gioielli etnici, dell’India, del mondo arabo, portoghesi, messicani. Amava i profumi come l’olio della rosa della Bulgaria o il sandalo. Aveva tantissimi capelli ed era totalmente fuori moda e stilosissima allo stesso tempo. Guidava lei la Toyota Previa dove con i miei fratelli dormivamo fuori dai miei concerti, dopo aver detto alla produzione: “Noi l’abbiamo già l’albergo”. Mia mamma era una presenza che brucia. Nel senso buono».

FANTASIA «È possibilità. Sei veramente in una zona difficile della tua vita quando non

hai fantasia e non hai fantasmi, fantasia e fantasmi sono collegati. Può essere per qualcosa che non hai – un cappotto, un divano – ma può essere anche per una persona – e questo è un buonissimo segno perché vuol dire che c’è la voglia, il desiderio. È quando non senti tutto questo che sei fottuto, e devi trovare un modo per ritrovarli».

AMORE «Ho l’idea stranissima che se esistesse un dio, sarebbe lui. Perché amore è un po’ tutto, la corrente elettrica che passa tra una persona e l’altra. L’amore immaginario poi è sempre molto più potente di quello che c’è davvero. Tutte le mie canzoni d’amore, che sono le migliori, non sono mai state scritte per chi avevo al mio fianco, ma per un amore immaginario che non ho mai avuto, o perlomeno non avevo in quel momento».

COLORI «Sono emozioni. Quando penso a un pezzo musicale penso a un colore, oppure a diversi colori. La nostra memoria è prima di tutto una memoria cromatica. A me piace trasformarli: ci hanno insegnato per esempio che il blu è la politica di un colore triste, è per gli uomini, mentre il rosa è leggero, per le donne. Ma è qualcosa di così assurdo che mi diverte confondere, ribaltare».

FIGLI «Per ora sono uno zio del Non-Mulino-Bianco, anche un po’ severo, che se mio nipote suona il pianoforte dev’essere il migliore. È un momento estremamente d’artista e quindi egoistico della mia vita. Credo che per i figli ci sia tempo e ne serva altrettanto. È una scelta piena di domande di per sé, ancor di più per un uomo come me, con la mia sessualità: come lo fai, con chi lo fai. Vi dico la verità: il mio compagno è per l’adozione, io sono aperto a tutto ma ora non avrei tempo, l’elemento necessario per un figlio».

LIBERTÀ «Vuol dire esprimere qualsiasi cosa vuoi. È anche difendere la tua opinione ad alta voce. Non significa volere che tutti siano d’accordo con quello che dici, ma che la tua opinione, la tua difesa, sia uguale alle altre voci. Ma siamo ancora in una situazione dove ci sono poche voci che si sentono tantissimo».

ANOMALIA «A lungo ho creduto d’esserlo per tanti motivi. Ho perso troppi anni sentendomi diverso, con i ragazzini a scuola che sfruttavano questa debolezza e arrivavano come cani impazziti che sanno esattamente dove attaccare. Mi ricordo a 14 anni nella doccia: “Devo fare qualcosa che finalmente mi permetta di essere considerato normale”. Pensavo che questa fosse una spinta buona. Invece è solo una immensa, gigantesca cazzata».

IDENTITÀ «Cambiala, sempre. In una relazione è facile dirsi: “Non cambiare mai”. E invece c’è da augurarsi il contrario. Non dobbiamo ambire a essere una torta, una ricetta che si prepara, poi si mette nel forno e su un vassoio, è buonissima per un po’ e poi arriva la muffa e la butti nell’umido. Se non cambi, sei la torta. Se cambi, invece, sei libero».

GIOVINEZZA «Avere 20 anni è stupendo, la cosa terribile è che non ti rendi conto che sei nel tratto estetico più bello della tua esistenza, e quindi lo soffri invece di godertelo. È abbastanza normale, e un peccato. Poi nei 30 la vita si spinge dal niente stranamente in avanti, e per la prima volta senti veramente che indietro non si torna».

PACE «Come Narnia: la verità è che non c’è pace solo se non c’è la guerra. Ognuno di noi potrebbe essere libero di amare chi ama, protetto nella società e accolto, e comunque sarebbe una negoziazione continua fra le regole del quotidiano e quello che sei. Quindi meglio mettersi nella direzione della ricerca della pace, più che in quella di esserlo completamente, in pace: è più intelligente».

TALENTO «Forse non vuol dire niente, ma bisogna trovare un equilibrio perché la parte artistica può essere limitata, schiacciata. Dovremmo imparare a vederci anche imperfetti, non disciplinati, far festa per quattro giorni, scopare a destra e a manca, incontrare demoni, e poi dal niente esser l’opposto. Torniamo all’idea del cambiamento».

SESSO «Importante, e può esistere in tantissime forme con diversi tipi di amore, non solo quello passionale e travolgente. Ci vuole un po’ di leggerezza».

L’AMORE IMMAGINARIO È SEMPRE PIÙ POTENTE DI QUELLO CHE C’È DAVVERO

FANTASIA E FANTASMI SONO COLLEGATI, VANNO SEMPRE INSIEME

SONO STATO MUTO PER MESI. E NEL SILENZIO HO TROVATO VITA NUOVA

IMPREVISTO «La trasformazione nella crisi. Quel giorno che smisi di parlare ero un ragazzino. Colpa di una professoressa orribile, che per me dovrebbe stare in carcere: mi sono spento, senza nemmeno capire come. Dal niente dimenticai come leggere, come scrivere, sono stato quasi muto per cinque mesi, mi cacciarono dalla scuola ed è stato lì che ho trovato la musica. Nel momento più silenzioso della mia vita, mentre andavo al parco a dare il pane alle anatre, ed è stato un passaggio stupendo perché proprio la vita mi stava dimostrando che può essere tante cose diverse, che le porte che si chiudono su qualcosa si aprono su altro».

MASTURBARSI «Avrò avuto 13 anni, e mi ricordo di un povero cattolicissimo prof. di scienza che ci fece una predica sull’importanza di evitare la masturbazione. Lo guardai già allora pensando: “Stai perdendo in partenza, lo sai?”».

CORPO «Una sola regola: è importante che sia coerente. Che sia in linea con chi siamo in quel periodo della nostra vita. Dunque, se tu sei una ragazza con un certo spirito e cerchi di importi una fisicità che non è la tua, i tuoi colori si spengono. Ok, sarai molto più magra, ma rischi di brillare meno. Pensa a salvare solo la luce che emani. Corpo uguale bellezza, ne parliamo come se fosse una cosa superficiale, non lo è, è filosofia».

TOUR «A volte mi sento come una puttana, veramente. Sono lì preso dalla stanchezza e poi c’è qualcosa – uno sguardo, una persona, un gesto collettivo – che capita, e allora torna la verità, l’amore, lo stare bene. È anche la prova che non sempre vogliamo fare quello che ci fa stare bene. Io sono anche pigro. Perché sono estremo: o pigrissimo o un lavoratore. Se io bevo, bevo tanto, se no smetto totalmente. Forse sono un po’ inglese».

MUSICA «Se volete ascoltare quella più armonica e complessa del mondo, aprite la finestra e ascoltate gli uccellini, perché quella è la melodia più straordinaria che esiste sul nostro pianeta. Troppe cuffie, abbiamo perso i club, non quelli dove prendere ecstasy o molly, ma quelli veri, devono esistere quelli dove vai a ballare sui The Cure, oppure sulla musica house, o sull'hard trance, questa cosa collettiva di vivere la musica insieme. Se io non avessi avuto tutte quelle esperienze non sarei Mika. Venivo dal mondo classico di Mozart, Brahms, Benjamin Britten, e poi amavo i club dove cantavamo i Killers, Frankie Naples, era molto più divertente e mi son detto: “Io voglio fare quello”».

VINCERE «Sopravvalutato. A X Factor mi sono sempre divertito perché non me ne frega niente di vincere, e infatti non ho vinto mai. Questo è un piccolo esempio che vale per tutto perché per me vincere vuol dire qualcos’altro, significa non essere incazzato nero ogni due minuti, o stressato. Se penso alle persone che vogliono solo vincere… Hanno sempre lo sguardo che cade su un lato, triste. Che significherà mai?».

CARPE DIEM «Butta via il tuo telefono. E te lo dice uno che si è ritrovato meno di una settimana fa nel suo bagno così distrutto e dipendente da addormentarsi e risvegliarsi sempre in bagno con il telefono in mano. Ci vuole un po’ di terapia».

TERAPIA «Mi sento fortunato a saper metabolizzare tristezze, dubbi, vampate con quello che scrivo. Se non hai questa valvola ci vuole altro. Ma non un post social dove butti dentro tutte le tue ansie. Quella no, non è terapia. Terapia è prendersi una pausa, riflettere, quasi va strutturata in vite veloci dove si sta diffondendo sempre di più la parola hype, c’è hype clothing, hype life, hype love: è rischioso».

FUTURO «Lo devi scolpire nel presente. Non sono mai stato bravo ai giochi degli scacchi, o nelle previsioni. Anche se Nostradamus mi fa paura, mi affascina, ma non ne sono ossessionato come le persone di cui sono circondato in America che lavorano nel tech e pensano solo al futuro. Ma che palle».

OGGI «Ti dicono: vivi ogni giorno come fosse l’ultimo. Euforia completa. Se avessi solo oggi e basta manderei un messaggio, farei una telefonata a ogni persona che amo per dirle: “Io ti amo”. Poi andrei forse a comprare senza vergogna la cosa più ridicola del mondo, e invece di pagare mi libererei di tutto ciò che ho. E andrei a ballare. Suonerei un pianoforte e lo trasformerei in uno show spettacolare, perché credo nella magia».

PAURA «C’è sempre, e ci sarà sempre. Punto. So get the f**k over it».

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Of colors, music, peace, bodies, fear and love

FANTASY PEACE COLORS FEAR LOVE FREEDOM BODIES MUSIC

Live animal, Mika has created a new show in arenas and theaters (preview after the summer, in Verona): it is The Magic Piano Tour. "The piano is home, I don't know how to write or read the notes, but I compose and I play: when I am happy, when I have pain ».

Mika says he has hands "with elephant skin: thick, a little wrinkled, which splits and opens cracks". He says, passing over the cream, that he has had them like this since he was little, and that perhaps he began to understand right there, years ago, looking at them, the human power of the imagination: being able to see the back of an elephant in the roughness of a palm, and knowing how to feel something in a personal matter that always pertains to a universal. Whatever is happening around. Thus, during a morning that anticipates summer at the Hotel de la Ville in Rome, were it not for the cold that comes from a newscast and talks about a hard and close conflict, just as the music is preparing to return after years of they have profoundly transformed us, we invent the game of writing a manifesto. Personal and universal at the same time, precisely.

WAR "For how I lived it as a child, for how we are experiencing this in Ukraine, as Europeans, it is a ghost that is also a presence. Deep destabilization, it is a few steps away from us, you feel the effect but at a distance because you can always think: better where they are than there. I remember the war I was two years old, we moved to Paris and there, in the Lebanese bubble, the shots were always a background like the impact of tears, fear, pain. Because then you came out of your apartment and there was light and flowers: normalcy. Real war takes you when your father gets caught. Hostage, as happened to mine during the Gulf conflict. We were always in the same apartment in Paris but in that case the world collapsed for us too: he was surrounded by Saddam Hussein's soldiers, and not another. The one who came back was no longer Dad, but Mike. '

MOTHER «A punk, poetic, romantic disorder. Not always easy. Until recently I had a house in London in front of that number 430 of King's Road where with Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm McLaren the Sex Pistols were born, and she, as a stylist, stealing inspirations from everywhere, created precisely the poetic punk, this look that already from its name "disorder". Here is my mom who died just over a year ago, she was just like that: a big woman who created colorful dresses with patterns and flowers. She adored ethnic jewels, from India, the Arab world, Portuguese, Mexican. She loved perfumes such as Bulgarian rose oil or sandalwood. She had a lot of hair and she was totally out of fashion and super stylish at the same time. She drove the Toyota Previa where my brothers slept outside my concerts, after saying to the production: "We already have the hotel". My mom was a burning presence. In a good way".

FANTASY «It is possibility. You are truly in a difficult area of your life when you have no fantasy and no ghosts, fantasy and ghosts are connected. It can be for something you don't have - a coat, a sofa - but it can also be for a person - and this is a very good sign because it means that there is desire, desire. It's when you don't feel all of this that you're screwed, and you have to find a way to find them. '

LOVE "I have the very strange idea that if there was a god, it would be him. Because love is a bit of everything, the electric current that passes between one person and another. Imaginary love is always much more powerful than what it really is. All my love songs, which are the best, were never written for those I had by my side, but for an imaginary love that I never had, or at least I didn't have at that moment ".

COLORS «They are emotions. When I think of a piece of music, I think of one color, or of several colors. Our memory is first of all a chromatic memory. I like to transform them: they taught us for example that blue is the politics of a sad color, it is for men, while pink is light, for women. But it is something so absurd that I enjoy confusing, overturning ».

CHILDREN "For now I am an uncle of Non-Mulino-Bianco, even a bit strict, that if my nephew plays the piano he must be the best. It is an extremely artistic and therefore selfish moment of my life. I believe that there is time for the children and they need the same. It's a choice full of questions in and of itself, even more so for a man like me, with my sexuality: how you do it, who you do it with. I tell you the truth: my partner is up for adoption, I am open to everything but now I would not have time, the necessary element for a child ".

FREEDOM «he It means expressing whatever you want. It is also defending your opinion aloud. It does not mean wanting everyone to agree with what you say, but that your opinion, your defense, is the same as the other voices. But we are still in a situation where there are few voices that are heard a lot ».

ANOMALY "For a long time I believed I was for many reasons. I've wasted too many years feeling different, with kids at school taking advantage of this weakness and coming in like crazy dogs that know exactly where to attack. I remember being 14 in the shower: “I have to do something that finally allows me to be considered normal”. I thought this was a good push. Instead it's just an immense, gigantic bulls**t ».

IDENTITY «Change it, always. In a relationship it is easy to say: "Never change". Instead, the opposite is to be hoped for. We must not aspire to be a cake, a recipe that is prepared, then placed in the oven and on a tray, it is delicious for a while and then the mold arrives and you throw it in the wet. If you don't change, you are the cake. If you change, however, you are free ».

YOUTH «Being 20 is wonderful, the terrible thing is that you don't realize that you are in the most beautiful aesthetic trait of your existence, and therefore you suffer from it instead of enjoying it. This is quite normal, and a shame. Then in the 30s life moves strangely from nothing forward, and for the first time you really feel that there is no turning back ».

PEACE "Like Narnia: the truth is that there is no peace only if there is no war. Each of us could be free to love those he loves, protected in society and welcomed, and in any case it would be a continuous negotiation between the rules of everyday life and who you are. So it is better to go in the direction of the search for peace, rather than in that of being completely, in peace: it is more intelligent ».

TALENT «Maybe it doesn't mean anything, but a balance must be found because the artistic part can be limited, crushed. We should learn to see ourselves even imperfect, not disciplined, party for four days, #### left and right, meet demons, and then out of nowhere be the opposite. Let's go back to the idea of change ".

SEX «Important, and it can exist in many forms with different types of love, not just the passionate and overwhelming one. It takes a little lightness ".

IMAGINARY LOVE IS ALWAYS MORE POWERFUL THAN WHAT IT REALLY IS

FANTASY AND GHOSTS ARE CONNECTED, THEY ALWAYS GO TOGETHER

I HAVE BEEN MUTE FOR MONTHS. AND IN THE SILENCE I FOUND NEW LIFE

UNEXPECTED «The transformation in the crisis. I was a kid that day when I stopped talking. Fault of a horrible teacher, who for me should be in prison: I died, without even knowing how. From nothing I forgot how to read, how to write, I was almost mute for five months, they kicked me out of school and that's where I found the music. In the most silent moment of my life, while I was going to the park to give bread to the ducks, and it was a wonderful passage because life was showing me that it can be so many different things, that doors that close on something open up other".

MASTURBATING «I must have been 13, and I remember a very poor Catholic prof. of science who lectured us on the importance of avoiding masturbation. I looked at him even then thinking: “You are losing from the start, do you know that?” ».

BODY «Only one rule: it is important that it is consistent. That it is in line with who we are at that time in our life. So, if you are a girl with a certain spirit and you try to import a physicality that is not yours, your colors go out. Okay, you will be much thinner, but you risk shining less. Think about saving only the light you give off. Body equal beauty, we talk about it as if it were a superficial thing, it is not, it is philosophy ».

TOUR «Sometimes I feel like a whore, really. I am there taken by fatigue and then there is something - a look, a person, a collective gesture - that happens, and then the truth, love, feeling good returns. It is also proof that we don't always want to do what makes us feel good. I am also lazy. Because I'm extreme: either very lazy or a worker. If I drink, I drink a lot, otherwise I completely stop. Maybe I'm a bit English ".

MUSIC «If you want to listen to the most harmonious and complex one in the world, open the window and listen to the birds, because that is the most extraordinary melody that exists on our planet. Too many headphones, we have lost the clubs, not the ones where you take ecstasy or molly, but the real ones, there must be the ones where you go to dance on The Cure, or on house music, or on hard trance, this collective thing of living music together . If I hadn't had all those experiences I wouldn't be Mika. I came from the classical world of Mozart, Brahms, Benjamin Britten, and then I loved the clubs where the Killers sang, Frankie Naples, it was much more fun and I said to myself: “I want to do that” ».

WIN «Overrated. At X Factor I've always enjoyed myself because I don't give a damn about winning, and in fact I've never won. This is a small example that applies to everything because for me winning means something else, it means not being pissed off every two minutes, or stressed. If I think of people who just want to win ... They always have their eyes falling to one side, sad. What will it ever mean? '

CARPE DIEM «Throw away your phone. And you are told by someone who found himself less than a week ago in his bathroom so destroyed and addicted to falling asleep and always waking up in the bathroom with the phone in hand. It takes some therapy ".

THERAPY «I feel lucky to be able to metabolize sadness, doubts, flushes with what I write. If you don't have this valve, it takes more. But not a social post where you throw all your anxieties in. That is not therapy. Therapy is taking a break, reflecting, it is almost structured in fast lives where the word hype is spreading more and more, there is hype clothing, hype life, hype love: it's risky ".

FUTURE «You have to sculpt it in the present. I've never been good at chess games, or at forecasting. Even though Nostradamus scares me, he fascinates me, but I'm not as obsessed with it as the people I'm surrounded by in America who work in tech and only think about the future. But what a drag ».

TODAY "They tell you: live every day as if it were the last. Complete euphoria. If I had only today I would just send a message, I would make a phone call to every person I love to say: "I love you". Then perhaps I would shamelessly go and buy the most ridiculous thing in the world, and instead of paying I would get rid of everything I have. And I'd go dancing. I would play a piano and turn it into a spectacular show, because I believe in magic ».

FEAR "There is always, and always will be. Point. So get the f--k over it ".

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

COSMOPOLITAN VIDEO

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/it/lifestyle/musica/a39448829/mika-copertina-cosmopolitan-foto-esclusiva/

The Music Issue: un video racconto inedito di Mika, da Cosmopolitan per tutti i suoi lettori

Per chiunque abbia una copia del magazine di aprile/maggio 2022, abbiamo organizzato una sorpresa. Un incontro speciale con la popstar, pensato appositamente per il numero di Cosmopolitan dedicato alla musica che torna e che salva, donandoci la leggerezza di cui spesso abbiamo bisogno

L'abbiamo chiamata Mika Manifesto, perché tra fantasia, colore, amore, corpi e libertà, la nostra cover story ci è sembrata una lista ideale di tematiche da scorrere con lo sguardo soffermandosi su quelle preferite, su quelle che riteniamo più vicine a noi. Tutte però filtrate dalla voce e dal pensiero di Mika, il primo uomo sulla copertina di Cosmopolitan Italia.

Anche per questo, acquistando il nuovo The Music Issue, il numero del magazine in uscita venerdì 22 aprile, abbiamo pensato di preparare ai suoi lettori una sorpresa: un video racconto inedito, diretto da Valentina Ivana Gloria realizzato appositamente per celebrare il ritorno della musica e della sua, incredibile, potenza salvifica.

L'intervista a Mika, a cura di Lavinia Farnese, è sul numero in edicola dal 22 aprile.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

The Music Issue: an unpublished video story by Mika, from Cosmopolitan for all its readers

For anyone with a copy of the April / May 2022 magazine, we have organized a surprise. A special meeting with the pop star, designed specifically for the Cosmopolitan issue dedicated to the music that returns and saves, giving us the lightness we often need

We called it Mika Manifesto, because between fantasy, color, love, bodies and freedom, our cover story seemed to us an ideal list of themes to be browsed by focusing on the favorite ones, on those that we consider closest to us. All however filtered by the voice and thought of Mika, the first man on the cover of Cosmopolitan Italia.

Also for this reason, by purchasing the new The Music Issue, the number of the magazine out on Friday 22 April, we decided to prepare a surprise for its readers: an unpublished video story, directed by Valentina Ivana Gloria created specifically to celebrate the return of music and of his incredible saving power.

The interview with Mika, edited by Lavinia Farnese, is in the issue on newsstands from 22 April.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, SilviaM said:

In one of the first pages of the magazine there is a QR code to scan that should lead to a longer version of this video with Mika (I guess) but it doesn't work for me... 

Same for me. It leads to a page where to have to log in without the possibility to register yourself :dunno:

Just now, lormare73 said:

Same for me. It leads to a page where to have to log in without the possibility to register yourself :dunno:

Exactly... :no: I wrote a DM to Cosmopolitan on instagram, but I don't know if they will answer. 

5 minutes ago, lormare73 said:

@SilviaM Now it works, but it leads to the Cosmolitan page where you can only see the one minute video :dunno:

Maybe it just is that one minute? Or it takes a while til they edited and uploaded the actual video. Maybe still waiting for Mika's OK on the video, and that might take time... :teehee:

3 minutes ago, mellody said:

Maybe it just is that one minute? Or it takes a while til they edited and uploaded the actual video. Maybe still waiting for Mika's OK on the video, and that might take time... :teehee:

Fingers crossed 🤞

• Like 1

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcnWZttqc-E/

Sta arrivando una nuova storia. The Music Issue, il nuovo numero di Cosmopolitan, con @mikainstagram, da domani in edicola

#cosmopolitan #COSMOItalia 🎵🤍

Cosmopolitan Italia(@cosmopolitan_it) • Instagram

The Music Issue, il nuovo numero di Cosmopolitan, con @mikainstagram, da oggi in edicola 🧡💛💛💜

#cosmopolitan #COSMOItalia 🎵

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 1