2022 - Perpignan Live au Camp - 20 July 2022 : REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

Article

L'INDEPENDANT

https://www.lindependant.fr/2022/07/21/live-au-campo-a-perpignan-il-ny-a-pas-une-personne-qui-ma-vu-alors-que-je-suis-la-depuis-dix-minutes-quand-mika-debute-son-concert-cache-dans-la-foule-10448205.php

Publié le 21/07/2022 à 12:11, mis à jour à 12:11

Live au Campo à Perpignan :
 "Il n’y a pas une personne qui m’a vu alors que je suis là depuis dix minutes", quand Mika débute son concert caché dans la foule

Ce mercredi soir, le chanteur Mika a ouvert le bal de cette septième édition du Live au Campo. Sans artifices mais avec une énergie débordante. Il est allé jusqu’à se cacher dans la foule pour faire son entrée sur scène. L’artiste aime le live, il le prouve encore.

Les premières paroles de Lollipop retentissent dans l’enceinte du Campo santo, théâtre de la septième édition du Live au Campo. Problème. Mika, l’interprète et tête d’affiche, n’est pas sur scène.

Le public cherche l’artiste du regard, se lève. Puis la foule se tourne, vers un rang de la fosse. "Bonsoir Perpignan, lance le chanteur en se levant de son siège anonyme. Franchement, il n’y a pas une personne qui m’a vu alors que je suis là depuis dix minutes". L’artiste veut s’amuser ce soir. Et il le dit clairement. Il tombe la veste et donc la chemise pour entamer ses plus grands tubes. La nuit promet d’être survoltée.

Il faut dire que la soirée s’annonçait belle dès ses prémices. À 20 h 30, c’est une première partie alléchante qui foule la scène. Modwheel, ce mercredi, ouvre le bal du Live au Campo sans fausse note.

Le groupe pop perpignanais s’en sort parfaitement. Sonorités entraînantes, textes dans la langue de Shakespeare, le combo est visiblement gagnant. Les spectateurs apprécient le set comme un bon apéritif, accompagné d’une légère brise qui adoucit la chaleur perpignanaise.
Une première soirée de haut vol. Vivement la suite.

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Live at the Campo in Perpignan:
 "Not a single person has seen me even though I've been there for ten minutes", when Mika begins his concert hidden in the crowd

This Wednesday evening, the singer Mika opened the ball for this seventh edition of Live at the Campo. Without artifice but with an overflowing energy. He went so far as to hide in the crowd to make his entrance on stage. The artist loves live, he proves it again.

The first words of Lollipop resound in the enclosure of Campo santo, theater of the seventh edition of Live at the Campo. Problem. Mika, the performer and headliner, is not on stage.

The public looks for the artist, stands up. Then the crowd turns, towards a row of the pit. “Good evening Perpignan, launches the singer, getting up from his anonymous seat. Frankly, there is not a person who has seen me when I have been there for ten minutes”. The artist wants to have fun tonight. And he says it clearly. He drops the jacket and therefore the shirt to start his biggest hits. The night promises to be supercharged.

It must be said that the evening promised to be beautiful from its beginnings. At 8:30 p.m., an enticing first part crowds the stage. Modwheel, this Wednesday, opens the Live ball at the Campo without a false note.

The pop group from Perpignan is doing perfectly. Catchy sounds, texts in the language of Shakespeare, the combo is obviously a winner. The spectators appreciate the set as a good aperitif, accompanied by a light breeze which softens the Perpignan heat.
A first high-flying evening. Long live the sequel.

1576195148_lindependant(1).thumb.jpg.5a0a737b1ccb38cd67d3927334e467c9.jpg

1095081729_lindependant(2).thumb.jpg.bb24a3a208d4d29a16cc57e4440389b0.jpg

821313665_lindependant(3).thumb.jpg.a67f486c72046cd9ba1110f58347061d.jpg

Lollipop in the crowd

Retour en image sur le concert de @mikainstagram ! 🤪
Quoi de mieux que de commencer au coeur de son public ? 😍
Mika nous a offert un concert explosif où on a chanté et dansé ensemble, le BONHEUR 🤩

Lollipop

INSTAGRAM

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgRdOF0jEoE/

FACEBOOK

https://www.facebook.com/LiveAuCampo/videos/3078217402468882

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Chérie FM Perpignan

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgP4tVul9xF/

Cropped...

Thanks a lot for explanation @JanaSK:fangurl:

He thanks everyone, and he is glad and appreciates that the fans came from other countries as well, (according to the flags in the audience, they are from Poland, Bulgaria, the UK, Spain...).

What really moves him is that it has already become a habit during summer festivals that at every concert people also throw a rainbow flag, a symbol of peace, love, equality, onto the stage.

But what is special is that the people who gave him a flag at today's concert are very young and that is beautiful, because when he was 13-14 years old and he had the courage to give such a flag to his favourite artist, he would not have been able to do it.  That they can do that is amazing.

Edited by Kumazzz
update

INSTAGRAM

mikagigs ( Thanks a lot @tiibet )

VIDEO

PICS

TWITTER

YoYo

Happy Ending

• Thanks 1

Translation for Kumazzz

He thanks everyone, and he is glad and appreciates that the fans came from other countries as well, (according to the flags in the audience, they are from Poland, Bulgaria, the UK, Spain...). What really moves him is that it has already become a habit during summer festivals that at every concert people also throw a rainbow flag, a symbol of peace, love, equality, onto the stage. But what is special is that the people who gave him a flag at today's concert are very young and that is beautiful, because when he was 13-14 years old and he had the courage to give such a flag to his favourite artist, he would not have been able to do it. That they can do that is amazing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, JanaSK said:

Translation for Kumazzz

He thanks everyone, and he is glad and appreciates that the fans came from other countries as well, (according to the flags in the audience, they are from Poland, Bulgaria, the UK, Spain...). What really moves him is that it has already become a habit during summer festivals that at every concert people also throw a rainbow flag, a symbol of peace, love, equality, onto the stage. But what is special is that the people who gave him a flag at today's concert are very young and that is beautiful, because when he was 13-14 years old and he had the courage to give such a flag to his favourite artist, he would not have been able to do it. That they can do that is amazing.

Thanks a lot !! :flowers2:

Add to my post.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JanaSK said:

Translation for Kumazzz

Thank you👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perpignan is a small town. Unfortunately, the heat took its toll and most of my free time before the concert I sat with French fans in the shade of trees in a small restaurant Chez Sebastien. The restaurant is located about 100 meters from Campo Santo, where the concert was supposed to take place. While eating lunch, we heard Mika singing during the rehearsal 🙂

The very nice owner of the restaurant likes Mika very much and he played a few songs over the loudspeakers. The mood was almost concert-like!

And then Max, Wouter and Clement (guitarist) marched past us on their way to the hotel. We had to wait for Mika until midnight 😉

We all had numbered seats, so you didn't have to queue in the morning to be in front of the stage.

The concert begins. We hear the intro to Lollipop and the musicians appear on stage, and after a while a man in a maroon suit, hat, and facing the back of the stage enters. Hmm… something was wrong with it. Was that suit sewn badly or what? The guy turns towards us and takes off his hat. THIS IS NOT MIKA!

At this point, we hear Mika'ss voice from the last row of the audience. "I've been sitting here for about 10 minutes and no one has noticed me!" Then he began to sing and walked towards the stage.

In no time the fans rushed to the stage! There were about 3 meters between the first row and the stage. And the numbered places didn't count anymore . Who could, was already standing in front of the stage, and the rest of the audience jumped up from their seats. And so it was until the end.

I took the red balloons and some confetti balloons and distributed them to the audience before the concert, explaining to throw them up during the second song (Origin Of Love). However, I noticed that most of the balloons were used to wave to the rhythm of the songs, and maybe three of them reached Mika 🙂

Here are my videos.

Lollipop

Rain

Origin Of Love - unfortunately the balloons remained in the hands of the viewers.

In intro Mika said: As we are this special place, and everybody is sitting... Everybody is up except... the VVVIPs and my drummer... I decided to have fun tonight".

Origin Of Love was followed by Big Girl, and of course Mika was running and jumping in the audience. But I didn't manage to record anything that would be suitable for showing 🙂

Campo Santo - the place where the concert took place is a square surrounded by a wall, a cathedral (you can see it behind the stage) and old  buildings. On the left side, people stood on several balconies watching the performance. Of course, Mika did not spare them. He began to tell the story of the song Boum Boum Boum, when he and Doriand watched from a restaurant window a couple having sex in the building opposite. Now the roles will reverse, says Mika, and we'll be doing 'boum boum boum'. And they will watch.

During Underwater, Mika divided the "lazy" audience from the back rows to the left and right. And he made them sing. And of course, he did not forget about the neighbors on the balconies. And guess what? They made it !!!!!

During Relax, I waved the Polish flag with the inscription POLAND (heart) MIKA. And Mika noticed it and pointed his finger at me 🙂 I couldn't record it because my hand were busy with the flag 🙂 When he was about to start the next song, he mentioned that there are fans from different regions of France at the concert (he mentioned several cities) but also from other countries: from Poland, Bulgaria, Great Britain, Spain… and it touches him a lot. Then he switched to the LGBT + flag, which has appeared on stage at every concert for some time. Mika took one of them from the hands of a young boy, who thus openly manifested his orientation. Mika noticed that very young people have been making such demonstrations recently. And this is beautiful. When Mika was 13-14 years old, he couldn't just present the flag to his favorite artist. Then Mika dedicated a song to this boy that he doesn't sing very often: Billy Brown.

image.thumb.png.02f9b74e0d7087a9237da57ddc22b546.png

Happy Ending has a different performance each time. Because we sang very well "little bit of love" Mika invited a few people to join him the stage. Well, some came in uninvited, but well. Mika was asking: "Can you sing? Come on then".

Yo-Yo. I really like the live version of this song. Half is an acoustic version and the other half is rhythmic, making you dance.

Grace Kelly - intro different to what we've heard in the past. Classical music inserts.

Nobody guessed what song ware to be sung.

Mika is wearing a sequin shirt with short sleeves. "We're getting to the serious things, so the outfit has to be serious as well," said 🙂

As I mentioned, people didn't want to throw balloons. @carafon was holding the last balloon with golden confetti inside. When Mika was singing We are Golden, I told her to throw it forward. Fortunately, after a few bumps, the balloon got into Mika's hands. That's when I started filming. He knew what to do with it: golden rain !!!!!!!!!!!

Time for the final: Love Today. Mika disappeared backstage for a moment to reappear with his rainbow cape. I love the moment when Mika is spinning and the cape is floating in the air like a flying carpet! At one point, Mika bent down, picked up a gold sequin from a balloon from the floor and glued it in the middle of his forehead 🙂 And so he kept it until the end of the concert 🙂 And after the concert I saw a few people who also collected sequins and glued them on their faces.

The song took longer than usual. Mika asked to turn off all the lights. But the lights were also in the apartments where people were watching the concert. Mika repeatedly asked them to turn off the light. In the end, there was only one lit window. But Mika is stubborn. He waited for the light to go out there, too. When this happened, the audience cheered it up with applause.

Mika stood on stage for a long time and received applause. But it was also us who received his energy. In the rhythm of the remix to Yo-Yo, which now traditionally gently helps us come to terms with the sad fact that this is the end of the show, we slowly started to leave Campo Santo.

Then we stubbornly waited in front of the artists' entrance to see at Mika again, exchange a few words, maybe get an autograph. Even though the security guards kept telling us that Mika had already left, we waited patiently until 1:30 in the morning. 

It is true that Mika only paused for a dozen or so seconds, but I managed to give him a hand-made card for his birthday plus a bracelet and necklace, also made by me. Unfortunately, the pushing crowd of people did not allow me to record everything.

Maybe if fans were more disciplined Mika would have stayed with us longer...

And Mika said "Nice jacket" complementing @Beatrixxx_always jacket - a copy of his white jacket with flowers.

(here is me and Bea in her jacket in Carcassonne).

image.thumb.png.597d8fe8450ddab701bfdfa67e815fa0.png

Now I could go back to my hotel in peace. Another concert in Carcassonne was in 2 days!!!!

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...