Mika's Social Media & official Website updates - 2023

Mikasister

https://www.instagram.com/p/CsojysvMVzb/

mikainstagram

This tour is all about reconnecting with fans and playing the music I wasn’t able to bring you when our tour was cancelled in 2020.  Finally we are back and it is so so worth it.

#mika #japan #tour #osaka #nambahatch

349036841_771615274501661_8847588560904444512_n.jpg

348614995_1251847482124385_6190588090396890318_n.jpg

348735017_533766218958745_3491249162471185355_n.jpg

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am impressed. Mika came to queueing fans and they did not make even one step towards him!!!!

I can imagine how it would look like in Europe.

I am also impressed and also very happy for Mika that they were so respectful. This is a perfect example. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Mika on Tiktok

So Happy he Is receiving so much love. From his recent interviews in Italy It is clear that he has lived a turbolent and maybe painful period from the creative point of view and this must have been really hard for someone Who puts creativity in all he does. I Hope these days in Asia are giving him Joy, Hope and consciousness of how his music can be important for other people ❤️

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Mikasister said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Css3kVpPBAy/

mikainstagram

Hello from Seoul where I got to hang out today with my friend @damienrice

I ❤️ this man

#seoul #korea #seouljazzfestival

349033520_555124076814661_2139374921817096236_n.jpg

So so happy to see two of my all time Favorite musicians looking happy together although they have such different styles, personalities and approaches to music :))

On 5/25/2023 at 1:39 PM, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

I am impressed. Mika came to queueing fans and they did not make even one step towards him!!!!

I can imagine how it would look like in Europe.

It used to be possible in the early days, when Mika's tour manager organized it all and managed to convince the fans that everyone would get more out of it if we stayed in one line and waited for Mika. It doesn't matter if it's 10 or 100 fans, also back then it was often 50 or 100 - you need someone "official" to organize it and fans who keep to it, and for that obviously it helps if they know Mika will go along the whole line and not just greet the first few or jump right in the car, so you won't even see him if you're further back. I don't know how the situation in Korea was, maybe they just stay in line without any of the things I just mentioned... however, it's a matter of organization and of trust, not of the country.

11 minutes ago, mellody said:

It used to be possible in the early days, when Mika's tour manager organized it all and managed to convince the fans that everyone would get more out of it if we stayed in one line and waited for Mika. It doesn't matter if it's 10 or 100 fans, also back then it was often 50 or 100 - you need someone "official" to organize it and fans who keep to it, and for that obviously it helps if they know Mika will go along the whole line and not just greet the first few or jump right in the car, so you won't even see him if you're further back. I don't know how the situation in Korea was, maybe they just stay in line without any of the things I just mentioned... however, it's a matter of organization and of trust, not of the country.

I agree. Judging from the few times I was lucky enough to meet Mika after the show in the few recent years that I’ve been a fan: the M&G’s where there was a barrier, or at least some kind of order/organization amongst the fans (no pushing), he stayed the longest. The recent M&G’s after the gigs in Japan and Korea can only confirm that. 

I’m sure this is a recurring topic from the beginning of time, but just imagine everyone staying in queue during a M&G: the circle would be much bigger and there are so many more fans who would get a first or second row to see Mika! That’s such a dream, he even stopped to chat and take pictures with individual fans. Of course it also depends on how much time he has and how he is feeling (he is a human being after all).

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mellody said:

In this case, it was the meet & greet that we helped organize, so there were only 30 or so fans -- so part of it is cultural, and part of it is that this group knew that Mika was going to come out specifically to see them.

3 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

I agree. Judging from the few times I was lucky enough to meet Mika after the show in the few recent years that I’ve been a fan: the M&G’s where there was a barrier, or at least some kind of order/organization amongst the fans (no pushing), he stayed the longest. The recent M&G’s after the gigs in Japan and Korea can only confirm that. 

I’m sure this is a recurring topic from the beginning of time, but just imagine everyone staying in queue during a M&G: the circle would be much bigger and there are so many more fans who would get a first or second row to see Mika! That’s such a dream, he even stopped to chat and take pictures with individual fans. Of course it also depends on how much time he has and how he is feeling (he is a human being after all).

The MFC meet & greets we organized for these last 3 shows were rather rare. We had Mika's team's cooperation and they were able to sort out an appropriate space and security. There were fewer than 30 fans at each of the meets, so the whole situation  was much more controlled than it is after a normal gig, where we're all standing in the street, waiting for him.

But it would be so much better for all of us if everyone were on the same page in general after-show situations, without an organized meet & greet. But you know how it is. Just like we can't get everyone to agree to abide by taking numbers when queuing for a show to allow for a more organized entrance, we can't get everyone to agree to be orderly afterwards.

In Montreal a few years ago, dozens of fans were waiting after a show -- maybe as many as 100 of us. The artist entrance was in a back alley and fans were starting to press up against the door, and security kept telling us Mika had already left. We were pretty sure he hadn't because we could see the car waiting for him. Several people urged me to try to organize the group, most of whom were NOT members of MFC, so I didn't think I stood a chance of having them all listen to me. But I eventually went to one of the security guys and told him what I thought would work -- if everyone would line up against the wall of the building, Mika could come out and walk down the line, stopping to speak to everyone along the way. At the end of the line of fans, the car could be waiting for him and he could hop right in. So I shouted this out to everyone, and security backed me up -- making sure people lined up against the wall. A few minutes later, Mika came out (he had NOT left, surprise surprise!) and did exactly what we'd planned. He stopped and spoke to every fan waiting and at the end of the line, just jumped into his waiting car. It was perfect. If we could get that kind of cooperation after every show, the chances of everyone getting a moment would improve by 1000%.

But as I've said before, I'm a dreamer. :lol3:

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1