First live performances of Mika’s songs

PoodleSnow

I chose to put both first versions of Beautiful disaster. With and without Fedez. Those are so different.  That made me think about other times when Mika has been playing with languages. First I can think of Lollipop and Stardust with Chiara. I think the first times were Nutella gig and X-Factor final. Then there’s Grace Kelly in French….

This can be controversial, but I think it could be fun little extra and so easy to add to this.

1 hour ago, PoodleSnow said:

I chose to put both first versions of Beautiful disaster. With and without Fedez. Those are so different.  That made me think about other times when Mika has been playing with languages. First I can think of Lollipop and Stardust with Chiara. I think the first times were Nutella gig and X-Factor final. Then there’s Grace Kelly in French….

This can be controversial, but I think it could be fun little extra and so easy to add to this.

So perhaps you would want to include "Tomorrow" in Italian?  

https://fb.watch/kTiPMmZGH7/

Was Domenica In the first place Mika sang " Domani"?

Edited by SusanT
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"C'est la vie"

at Francofolies de Spa in Belgium on 20 July 2023.

1 minute ago, Kumazzz said:

Mika performing NEW French single "C'est la vie" !!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu73-xUIR0l/

Mika annonce par surprise aux Francofolies de Spa la sortie d'un nouvel album, 100% en français !
Il dévoilé pour la première fois son prochain single, "C'est la vie", dont une partie du clip a été tourné en direct au festival.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Probably  "C'est la vie" at Francofolies de Spa in Belgium was not LIVE.

It's playing RECORDED sounds at there ! :doh:

For sure the backgroud was on playback. When they were recording Mika in the crowd he said Action and the playback started. But I think he was singing live to his mic.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/19/2023 at 3:43 PM, PoodleSnow said:

LOVER BOY unknown

I’m not sure, but I think, unfortunately, he has never performed Lover Boy live. And as far as I know, he performed My Interpretation the first time live at the first ITunes Festival he was performing at, back in 2007.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Ax07 said:

I’m not sure, but I think, unfortunately, he has never performed Lover Boy live. And as far as I know, he performed My Interpretation the first time live at the first ITunes Festival he was performing at, back in 2007.

No, he hasn't performed Lover Boy live... yet. :)

As for My Interpretation, it was one of the songs he used to play regularly to promote the LICM album. I'm not sure which time was the first time he played it live, but he played it in January 2007 here:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Question about Bourgez; Do you think that this counts as first performance for an audience? I don't feel like it does. At Le Grand Studio RTL is the first in my opinion. You can see the difference. First isn't for audience.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 6:25 AM, PoodleSnow said:

Question about Bourgez; Do you think that this counts as first performance for an audience? I don't feel like it does. At Le Grand Studio RTL is the first in my opinion. You can see the difference. First isn't for audience.

I too was debating whether or not the L’invit thing counted as first live (for Amour Pirate as well) and was leaning toward it not counting.

Like for I See You i didn’t count the first time live as when he performed it in front of a fake mannequin audience for that one tv show.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

so as far as I'm concerned I met Mika on TV at at Mika's Revelation tour in November 2019 at the pala alpitour in Turin 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2024 at 4:45 PM, kreacher said:

I too was debating whether or not the L’invit thing counted as first live (for Amour Pirate as well) and was leaning toward it not counting.

Like for I See You i didn’t count the first time live as when he performed it in front of a fake mannequin audience for that one tv show.

It's so much easier to do this at the time things are happening and memories are fresh. At then I didn't even knew who Mika was. Just knew Grace Kelly and Relax from the radio.  I appreciate your daily input. I binge watch a weeks/months worth of videos at sick days, so my input really goes in waves. 

• Like 1