2024 - Mika @ 3Olympia, Dublin, IRELAND, 11 April

mellody

On 1/24/2024 at 9:43 PM, Laoighse de Burca said:

Are there any tickets available for Dublin. Any cancellation s 

@Laoighse de Burca  Welcome to the forum! And it's possible there will be some spare tickets as it gets a little closer.

Keep an eye on this thread, which is where people will post if they have any extra tickets.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys! I was just able to buy a standing ticket through Ticketmaster and I’m SO excited to attend!! However, I just managed to get one ticket so I’m going by myself, and would love to join any fan meetup if that is happening at all 🥰 I’m 29F btw!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Hi guys! I was just able to buy a standing ticket through Ticketmaster and I’m SO excited to attend!! However, I just managed to get one ticket so I’m going by myself, and would love to join any fan meetup if that is happening at all 🥰 I’m 29F btw!

Hi :)

There's an official pre-gig party being planned in this extra thread:

Head over there for more information and to let us know if you're attending!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Hi :)

There's an official pre-gig party being planned in this extra thread:

Head over there for more information and to let us know if you're attending!

Yayyyyyyyyy so exciting!!! Thank you so much for pointing me to that thread! ♥

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We're getting even closer to the show 🥳 First Dublin trip of the year for me! Sadly can't make it to the pre party 😒 thanks to travel arrangements but we will most likely be in Dublin in the morning before the show. 

• Like 2

Just a word of advice, as a local Dubliner,

-If you do plan on camping before the event, be extra extra extra careful! There’s been a rise of anti social behaviour here and I would not want ANY of you to miss the concert 

-It can be cold in Ireland during April, so if you are planning on camping early, bring warm clothes to cover up 

-Where the 3 olympia is located, there are a lot of places to eat and just take shelter in! If you need any recommendations or directions feel free to ask!

That’s all I have for now!

• Thanks 3

Myself & my 11 Yr old would LOVE to get to the Dublin gig...fingers crossed we can get a couple of resale tickets. My daughter is learning the piano amd Mika is a big inspiration 💖 

22 minutes ago, kildaredd said:

Myself & my 11 Yr old would LOVE to get to the Dublin gig...fingers crossed we can get a couple of resale tickets. My daughter is learning the piano amd Mika is a big inspiration 💖 

Hello :)

That sounds wonderful! I moved your post here to the already existing Dublin gig thread.

You can try and keep an eye on the Extra Ticket Thread where people post if they have spare tickets for a show. At the moment it looks like more people are looking for tickets than giving away for the UK and Dublin dates but fingers crossed.

Just under a month to go!! Maybe it's time we plan our outfits if we haven't done so yet :lmfao:

Anyone got any advice on how to *actually* learn the words to the French songs? I studied French for 5 years at school and have been topping up my skills overtime but still can't get a grasp on anything Mika is saying :no:  I've been making up the lyrics to Elle Me Dit for years at this point :doh:

• Like 1

I’ve been so busy lately I forgot I had two Mika gigs coming up. 🫣 And only now do I see there’s also a party in my home town. 🥳

• Haha 1

On 3/12/2024 at 8:38 AM, emilynxlan said:

Just under a month to go!! Maybe it's time we plan our outfits if we haven't done so yet :lmfao:

Anyone got any advice on how to *actually* learn the words to the French songs? I studied French for 5 years at school and have been topping up my skills overtime but still can't get a grasp on anything Mika is saying :no:  I've been making up the lyrics to Elle Me Dit for years at this point :doh:

Don't look at me -- I'm struggling. I figure if I can get the chorus down for each of those songs I'll be doing OK. So far I have "C'est la vie" down pretty well! :wink2:

12 hours ago, Treasa said:

I’ve been so busy lately I forgot I had two Mika gigs coming up. 🫣 And only now do I see there’s also a party in my home town. 🥳

And I hope you're able to come! It will be great to see you again!

On 3/12/2024 at 1:38 PM, emilynxlan said:

5 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Don't look at me -- I'm struggling. I figure if I can get the chorus down for each of those songs I'll doing OK. So far I have "C'est la vie" down pretty well! :wink2:

You all are doing better than me. I just move my lips around in the hope of some kind of synchronicity along the way. Basically winging it :facepalm:

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, holdingyourdrink said:

You all are doing better than me. I just move my lips around in the hope of some kind of synchronicity along the way. Basically winging it :facepalm:

I was gonna suggest that! Dance enthusiastically, move your lips and brabble some gibberish. Just be careful that Mika doesn't drag you on stage! :D

But so far the key phrases he expects us to sing seem to be "Underwater", "C'est la vie c'est la vie la vie dam dam", "Moi, Andy et Paris" and "la la la la la la la laaa" so I think we can do it.

But seriously whyy is it so much harder than learning English lyrics?! No matter how many times I listen to the songs, they just don't want to stick :dunno:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

But so far the key phrases he expects us to sing seem to be "Underwater", "C'est la vie c'est la vie la vie dam dam", "Moi, Andy et Paris" and "la la la la la la la laaa" so I think we can do it.

I am wheezing, this is SO true :lol3:

17 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Oh, you mean "la, la la, la la la LAAA la"? :wink2: :biggrin2:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

Oh, you mean "la, la la, la la la LAAA la"? :wink2: :biggrin2:

Mhm isn't it more like "la la la la la la LaaAAA"?! I don't hear an L there.
Damn it, we manage to disagree even about those lyircs :lmfao:

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, holdingyourdrink said:

Yeah, but the C'est la vie chorus is just "c'est la vie c'est la vie la vie dam dam"! :lol3:

5 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

I was gonna suggest that! Dance enthusiastically, move your lips and brabble some gibberish. Just be careful that Mika doesn't drag you on stage! :D

But seriously whyy is it so much harder than learning English lyrics?! No matter how many times I listen to the songs, they just don't want to stick :dunno:

They're not sticking here, either, and I have been intensively training. :insane:

4 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Mhm isn't it more like "la la la la la la LaaAAA"?! I don't hear an L there.
Damn it, we manage to disagree even about those lyircs :lmfao:

:facepalm:

4 hours ago, Joanjettkinnie said:

I’ve started to make some album themed bracelets everyone!! I will see how many I have and hopefully a lot of you will get one 🫶🫶

image.jpg

All you crafty, talented people... putting me to shame again!

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2024 at 9:44 PM, dcdeb said:

Yeah, but the C'est la vie chorus is just "c'est la vie c'est la vie la vie dam dam"! :lol3:

They're not sticking here, either, and I have been intensively training. :insane:

:facepalm:

All you crafty, talented people... putting me to shame again!

Do you have a specific request for an album? I’ll make it for you!!

It’s official! 

I’ve made one of each* album themed bracelets!! 

I’ll make a few more, but I will say that due to limited resources, a feel like a majority will be made with string as opposed to the clear one and there will be no clasp. 

*(There is no My Name Is Michael Holbrook one, as the album is mainly grey, and i have 2 shades only 😭😭)rimage.thumb.jpg.86bf02df19adf3125e79a788310c3b3a.jpg

• Like 3

EDIT : Found !

Hi if anyone has a spare ticket for dublin/sees someone who has a spare ticket for Dublin please hit me up ^

Thank youuuu

Edited by Narimène