07.11.2023: Mika at French Ministry of National Education and Youth Event on Bullying in School

• dcdeb changed the title to 07.11.2023: Mika at French Ministry of National Education and Youth Event on Bullying in School

Thanks for posting, Anna. I moved this to its own thread, as it wasn't really a news article, but more of a special event that we can all watch on YouTube.

Unfortunately it'll be 4:30 a.m. for me, so I'll have to catch it later. :sleep:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

education.gouv.fr

logoMENJ_tronque.png.64d2ce698b16cf151c11d149991aea80.png

https://www.education.gouv.fr/tous-mobilises-contre-le-harcelement-l-ecole-faireface-379890

Tous mobilisés contre le harcèlement à l'École #FaireFace

En préambule à la journée nationale de la lutte contre le harcèlement à l’école, qui se déroulera le 9 novembre prochain, Brigitte Macron, Gabriel Attal, ministre de l’Éducation nationale et de la Jeunesse, et le chanteur Mika participeront mardi 7 novembre à un évènement organisé à Paris en présence de 200 élèves pour marquer leur mobilisation et celle de nombreuses personnalités contre ce fléau.

Lycée Pierre-Gille de GENNES - 11 Rue Pirandello, Paris 13ème

Déroulé prévisionnel

• 09h30 : ouverture au public, photocalls et installation des élèves invités
  • 10h30 : mot d’accueil de Gabriel Attal, Brigitte Macron et la cheffe d’établissement Nora Machiuré
  • 11h00 : Masterclass de Mika, auteur-compositeur-interprète
  • 11h30 : 1ère interview de Nathan Smajda, victime de harcèlement scolaire et fondateur de l'association Résiste
  • 11h40 : 2ème interview de Tessae, victime de harcèlement scolaire et autrice-compositrice-interprète
  • 11h50 : 3ème interview d’Anne-Liz Deba, victime de harcèlement scolaire et fondatrice du podcast SMILE
  • 12h004ème interview d’Elian Potier, victime de harcèlement scolaire et fondateur de l'association Urgence Harcèlement
  • 12h15 : Zoé Clauzure, candidate de la France à l'Eurovision Junior 2023, interprète sa chanson "Coeur"
  • 12h30 : échanges entre Gabriel Attal et des personnalités, en présence d’Esperança Da Rocha, Zoé Clauzure, Ophenya et Ethan Berrebi
  • 12h50 : mot de fin par Gabriel Attal et Brigitte Macron
  • A l’issue : Point presse

All mobilized against harassment at School #FaireFace

As a preamble to the national day against bullying at school, which will take place on November 9, Brigitte Macron, Gabriel Attal, Minister of National Education and Youth, and the singer Mika will participate on Tuesday November 7 at an event organized in Paris in the presence of 200 students to mark their mobilization and that of many personalities against this scourge.

Lycée Pierre-Gille de GENNES - 11 Rue Pirandello, Paris 13th

Schedule

•      9:30 a.m.: opening to the public, photocalls and installation of invited students
  •      10:30 a.m.: welcome remarks from Gabriel Attal, Brigitte Macron and headteacher Nora Machiuré
  •      11:00 a.m.: Masterclass from Mika, singer-songwriter
  •      11:30 a.m.: 1st interview with Nathan Smajda, victim of school bullying and founder of the Résiste association
  •      11:40 a.m.: 2nd interview with Tessae, victim of school bullying and singer-songwriter
  •      11:50 a.m.: 3rd interview with Anne-Liz Deba, victim of school bullying and founder of the SMILE podcast
  •      12:00 p.m.: 4th interview with Elian Potier, victim of school bullying and founder of the Urgence Harcèlement association
  •      12:15 p.m.: Zoé Clauzure, French candidate for Junior Eurovision 2023, performs her song “Coeur”
  •      12:30 p.m.: discussions between Gabriel Attal and personalities, in the presence of Esperança Da Rocha, Zoé Clauzure, Ophenya and Ethan Berrebi
  •      12:50 p.m.: closing remarks by Gabriel Attal and Brigitte Macron
  •      At the end: Press point
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Aww, that was so touching! 🥹 Mika talked about his life, about his experiences with bullying. He said at the beginning that he's scared to talk in front of those students, that it scares him more than performing at the Stade de France. I get why, they didn't seem too convinced of the whole event or of Mika at the beginning. But he totally caught them, they listened to him and clapped much more loudly after his speech than at the beginning when the politicians / presenters talked. And they asked him some questions too. You could tell that he was worried no one might ask anything, but I think they would have had a lot more questions if there had been more time. I took a bunch of screenshots, they added real time subtitles and I tried to catch a lot of these because I didn't understand everything and didn't have time to look up the words while he was talking. Anyway I hope there's a replay or someone recorded it. It makes me feel so proud of Mika to see him in such a setting, helping others by talking about his life and his experiences. :wub2:

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mellody said:

Aww, that was so touching! 🥹 Mika talked about his life, about his experiences with bullying. He said at the beginning that he's scared to talk in front of those students, that it scares him more than performing at the Stade de France. I get why, they didn't seem too convinced of the whole event or of Mika at the beginning. But he totally caught them, they listened to him and clapped much more loudly after his speech than at the beginning when the politicians / presenters talked. And they asked him some questions too. You could tell that he was worried no one might ask anything, but I think they would have had a lot more questions if there had been more time. I took a bunch of screenshots, they added real time subtitles and I tried to catch a lot of these because I didn't understand everything and didn't have time to look up the words while he was talking. Anyway I hope there's a replay or someone recorded it. It makes me feel so proud of Mika to see him in such a setting, helping others by talking about his life and his experiences. :wub2:

On their YouTube channel you can watch all previous lives so I imagine you will be able to rewatch it there😊 I shall have a look later with my brother and he can help me understand it.

• Like 6

I recorded the audio.

I hope the video will be available later on YouTube.

It was so touching. I think Mika told even more about his experiences. Well at least I've learned a few new facts.

When he left the journalist talking with the next guest said that she saw children crying in the audience during Mika's speech and children hugging themselves.

As well the next girl - Tessae - who spent several year in a psychiatric hospital said that in one of the hospitals there was an internal radio station she started to work with during her time in this place. And the radio station has been funded by Mika himself.

There is still so many things to learn about this great human being :cloud:

I was observing his face. He was smiling like usually he does talking about his hard times. But several times he was very emotional (we know know enough his face "language" to recognize his emotions).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Wow, that was really interesting and I also thought he shared some things he hadn't before or at least in more detail and with a lot of emotion. I think that's exactly how you reach teenagers, by sharing your personal experiences and being clear and honest.

I particularly liked how he reminded them to embrace their differences and how having people with different strengths is an asset (some people are good at football, some at music, baking, maths,...). Cause often at these anti bullying events there's a tendency to create an othering in itself by saying "the bullies are the bad guys, the bullied are the victims" which oversimplifies and disregards why kids get bullied or bully in the first place, because they see themselves as part of different group rather than one big, diverse community.

He's really good at elevating people without bringing others down! :clap:

• Like 9

3 hours ago, mellody said:

I agree with everything you said, Karin, and even with my limited French I could understand most of what he was saying -- bless the person supplying the real-time subtitles! :flowers2:

I have to say I choked up several times, watching his expressions and hearing him speak. Even though we know his story, it always hits me hard when I actually hear him speak about it. I was mildly bullied growing up, but some of that came from my sister -- what I mean is, she was extremely bullied and some of that rubbed off on me. My sister had learning disabilities, and epilepsy, and a lazy eye, and some other physical things stemming from a childhood illness, and the kids were so cruel. They didn't just throw sandwiches at her, they spat at her. It was brutal. Anyway, sorry, but hearing Mika speak just now dredged a lot of "stuff" up. :emot-sad:

But as Karin said, I'm so proud of him for participating in this event today.

12 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

Wow, that was really interesting and I also thought he shared some things he hadn't before or at least in more detail and with a lot of emotion. I think that's exactly how you reach teenagers, by sharing your personal experiences and being clear and honest.

I particularly liked how he reminded them to embrace their differences and how having people with different strengths is an asset (some people are good at football, some at music, baking, maths,...). Cause often at these anti bullying events there's a tendency to create an othering in itself by saying "the bullies are the bad guys, the bullied are the victims" which oversimplifies and disregards why kids get bullied or bully in the first place, because they see themselves as part of different group rather than one big, diverse community.

He's really good at elevating people without bringing others down! :clap:

Yes, he's really good at that. He has good instincts and somehow seems to know exactly the right things to say.  I didn't expect all this emotion on a Tuesday morning. Wow.

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

BFMTV

https://www.bfmtv.com/societe/education/on-doit-les-ecouter-brigitte-macron-et-mika-prennent-la-parole-pour-briser-l-omerta-autour-du-harcelement-scolaire_AN-202311070982.html

Le 07/11/2023 à 22:16

Le-chanteur-Mika-et-Brigitte-Macron-le-6-novembre-2023-sur-BFMTV-1743120.thumb.jpg.f00ff61903b88c850dea28a8f68f8378.jpg

"On doit les écouter": Brigitte Macron et Mika prennent la parole pour briser l"omerta" autour du harcèlement scolaire

La première dame et le chanteur ont encouragé, sur BFMTV, à ce que la libération de la parole des enfants harcelés à l'école ne soit pas entravée par "une omerta que tout le monde s'impose".

"Il faut qu'on les entende." À trois jours de la journée nationale contre le harcèlement scolaire, Brigitte Macron et Mika se sont rendus ce lundi 6 novembre dans un lycée parisien pour rencontrer des victimes de ce fléau. C'est au sein même d'une salle de classe que l'ancienne professeure de français et le chanteur ont accordé un entretien exclusif à BFMTV.

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

You can watch it live on BMFTV at 10:30pm

EDIT: INTERVIEW WITH MIKA STARTS AT 10:00!!!!

https://www.bfmtv.com/en-direct/

That was much harder to understand than the other one, because the subtitles were missing, and I missed some connections of what Mika said as a reply because I didn't understand the question, or especially what Brigitte Macron had said, I find it really hard to understand her. But I got that Mika told some new things that he hadn't told before. That his Mum came into his class at some point to talk with the teacher, and Mika was very embarrassed about it, but it provoked discussion about bullying (please correct me if I understood it wrong). And whoa, the end of the interview was really tough, where the presenter asked what they would say to the parents of the boy who ended his life because he was bullied. But Mika said something really amazing, I didn't understand the first part, but he said, even though he had a very supportive family, he wouldn't be there today without the music, if he hadn't had the piano. I hope the dead boy's parents watched this, because it's such a strong message of "it's not your fault, you couldn't have done anything to prevent it" - which I'm sure every parent would ask themselves if they lose their kid to suicide.

Mika has such a golden heart and this interview makes me cry even more than his speech this morning did. :tears: It's so great that he's talking about these things more openly now, helping others with his story. And it's fantastic that this is such a big topic in France - for a very sad reason, a boy who lost his life, but at least they really tackle this topic now, by talking about it on the media, at events, even by making laws against bullying. In Germany when something like that happens you might get a few days or a few weeks of media coverage at the most, and then everyone ignores the topic again. It's definitely not talked about enough here.

Mika's words, this morning and also of that interview, provoked a lot of emotions and questions in me, about my own experiences with bullying and how it still affects me today.

• Like 8

Dailymotion

Brigitte Macron et Mika étaient les invités de 22h Max pour évoquer leur combat commun contre le harcèlement scolaire.

YouTube

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Thanks 2

And don't understand me wrong for calling Mika's statement "amazing" when he says that he wouldn't be here today without the music. It's amazing because he finds exactly the right emotion to get across, to say something so powerful, "it's not your fault", simply by telling his story. And of course at the same time it's shocking that he felt like he couldn't go on (he said that at some other point, I think the interviewer specifically asked if the boy's fate could have happened to him too?). If you know his music, you know this truth, but now he expresses the things in words that he could only express in music so far, clear and open for everyone to understand. And that makes me feel so proud of him, at the same time so protective of him, and also so connected, and grateful to be a (tiny) part of his musical journey, that has so much meaning to him, that is life for him. :tears:🥹 :huglove:

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, mellody said:

And don't understand me wrong for calling Mika's statement "amazing" when he says that he wouldn't be here today without the music. It's amazing because he finds exactly the right emotion to get across, to say something so powerful, "it's not your fault", simply by telling his story. And of course at the same time it's shocking that he felt like he couldn't go on (he said that at some other point, I think the interviewer specifically asked if the boy's fate could have happened to him too?). If you know his music, you know this truth, but now he expresses the things in words that he could only express in music so far, clear and open for everyone to understand. And that makes me feel so proud of him, at the same time so protective of him, and also so connected, and grateful to be a (tiny) part of his musical journey, that has so much meaning to him, that is life for him. :tears:🥹 :huglove:

@mellodyI'm still in tears. You understood well. It was so moving  :tears: I feel the same but you found the words :hug: 

@Kumazzz Thank you for sharing the interview Eriko :flowers2: :huglove:

Edited by crazyaboutmika
  • Like 3

Just rewatched Mika's speech he gave in the morning, now with headphones, and cried for the second time today. Then watched the latter interview and cried for the third time.
The scenes Mika described were so touching, he was so sincere. It seemed he felt more vulnerable in that school environment (for obvious reasons) 🥺
At the same time, the speech was so inpiring, and full of courage and hope. Mika has an incredible sense of empathy, he did absolutely fantastic with the kids.
Loved the story with Mika's mum entering the classroom to speak to the prof and his vivid memory of embarassement as if it was yesterday 🥺

💕 "Je vous souhaite des shorts roses" 💕

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Romuald FERRER

https://www.instagram.com/romufer/

IG stories

• Like 2