2024 - Mika @ Arkéa Arena, Bordeaux, France, 1 March REPORTS / VIDS /PICS

TikTok

Hier soir, un show Apocalyptiquement Magistral !
Merci MIKA pour cette superbe soirée et merci aux 11 000 personnes présentes !
Vous étiez parmi nous ?
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What a night in Bordeaux! How many emotions and how much energy on stage and in the audience. It was just wonderful and special! :cloud:
My photos and little videos:
PS: The Apocalypse Calypso Tour continues... :mikalove:

Screenshot_20240303_091241_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_091221_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_091416_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_091204_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_091125_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_090726_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_091014_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_085549_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240302_231214_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_085713_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_091733_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_092027_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_095159_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_090709_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_090413_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_084728_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_084530_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_091650_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240303_091853_Gallery.jpg

Peachy_20240303_113953246.jpg

20240229_102422.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

21 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Lately, due to TikTok and IG, some of MFCers don't share long version videos anymore... I feel so sad.:huh:

Yes, I agree, that is a shame. :(  How can we encourage them to post the full songs here? I mean, they could do like Mara does, posting on YouTube and we could share the links to the videos here. I see very few posts with the entire songs even on Instagram, just snippets.

34 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I agree, that is a shame. :(  How can we encourage them to post the full songs here? I mean, they could do like Mara does, posting on YouTube and we could share the links to the videos here. I see very few posts with the entire songs even on Instagram, just snippets.

Just speaking for myself, I don't usually film whole songs because I also want to enjoy the show and dance instead of just film. I usually film mostly when Mika is speaking, so I can listen back later to what he said, or get a translation from other fans.

47 minutes ago, GRAZIA ARTUSO said:

No Karin. 

Thanks. Was the car even there?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I agree, that is a shame. :(  How can we encourage them to post the full songs here?

Mhm well is the issue that people don't record full length videos anymore and don't share it on platforms like Youtube?

Or is it that they don't share them here on the mfc so we just don't find them?

I think the biggest issue is the former and there's sadly not much we can do about that.

38 minutes ago, mellody said:

Just speaking for myself, I don't usually film whole songs because I also want to enjoy the show and dance instead of just film

That's definitely true, but I mean if this used to be different then this can't be the reason for everyone right?!

I think it has more to do with all popular social media platforms now being focus on short content. People record mostly for the purpose of posting it on these platforms so they do it in a way that fits that format.

45 minutes ago, CharlotteL said:

That's definitely true, but I mean if this used to be different then this can't be the reason for everyone right?!

I think it has more to do with all popular social media platforms now being focus on short content. People record mostly for the purpose of posting it on these platforms so they do it in a way that fits that format.

I think it's also about camera vs mobile. People used to take (small) cameras to the gigs and film with them. Some fans filmed whole gigs that way. But now you have your mobile, it feels different to film with that. Even in the earlier days I always focused on new songs / show elements, and the ones I wouldn't dance to and where Mika only sat at the piano, like OMS or Toy Boy - but even back then I didn't film whole songs very often... but when you uploaded them, you did so on youtube, and there people expected whole songs - while, as you say, nowadays the small clips are the standard. So it's a variety of reasons.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CharlotteL said:

Yes, I'm sure you're right about that. But I have to believe that there are more full-length videos out there that people aren't posting on YouTube like they used to. Oh well, topic for another thread, so I'll quit whining now!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, dcdeb said:

I like filming also some full songs but they are in instagram form and I haven’t posted there yet not to spoil too much but I will post them later. 

• Thanks 3

15 hours ago, dcdeb said:

Yes, I'm sure you're right about that. But I have to believe that there are more full-length videos out there that people aren't posting on YouTube like they used to. Oh well, topic for another thread, so I'll quit whining now!

17 minutes ago, tiibet said:

I like filming also some full songs but they are in instagram form and I haven’t posted there yet not to spoil too much but I will post them later. 

in fact, that's a good point... people usually film in portrait format these days, so that's not ideal for uploading on youtube. But I wonder if everyone is aware that it's possible to upload videos here on MFC directly, no matter if landscape or portrait format? For huge files filmed with a camera, I suppose youtube makes more sense, but for mobile videos it's perfect here, if for some reason you don't want to upload them on IG (otherwise you can just post the link).

Instagram and Facebook were down for a while earlier (I think they're back now?) so I posted some of the videos @FannySpina14 has sent me on YouTube. These are full songs, but they are in the vertical format, so maybe they'll look better if you view on your phone. :dunno:

Is it still necessary to put these in the spoiler?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, dcdeb said:

These are full songs

Origin isn't the full song, but he's in the crowd and you can't see him well from the front, I guess that's why Fanny stopped filming.

22 minutes ago, mellody said:

Origin isn't the full song, but he's in the crowd and you can't see him well from the front, I guess that's why Fanny stopped filming.

Sorry, I guess I didn't watch that one all the way to the end!

On 3/2/2024 at 1:20 PM, JanaSK said:

Yes, he said:

We all have times in life when we feel really, really bad. We don't know where the path is and everything seems black. And I thank the God, all the Gods, because every time I had a moment like that - there weren't too many, but when it happened it wasn't nothing - like everyone else, I'm sure. But each time there was music and the music miraculously carried me to you. And so it's never the apocalypse, because with you I dance and I get through it. Thank you Bordeaux.

Btw, he said at the beginning that this is why the tour is called Apocalypse Calypso. That's so beautiful, and in fact when we first got the title of the tour, I had hoped that it would be about this, the love and the connection we all feel at his gigs and with his music and that helps us through dark times. Maybe even the feeling that if there was an apocalypse, there's nowhere you'd rather be than right there at his gig. :wub2: And I thought the song might refer to that, or at least could be interpreted that way. And then the song was very specifically about physical love. I guess that's why I couldn't connect to the song, because I really had expected something different. So his words here mean a lot to me, and they show me that I don't have to listen much to the lyrics of AC, even though it has the same name as the tour. I suppose Mika chose it for the tour because it's another way of connection, another form of love. And of course it's an intriguing title, which works equally well in French and English and even German (probably Dutch too), because these words mean the same in different languages (even if they might be written differently).  Anyway, I guess I tend to take his lyrics too literally. :teehee:

• Like 3