2024 - Mika @ Zénith Nancy, France, 9 March REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Mika posted to INSTAGRAM :mikalove:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C4S9GzdMu5w/

A HAPPY POST ☺️!

It’s become a tradition amongst fans to write me signs with random messages and often requests to perform on stage and here in Lille, we found an iconic dancer! I love to share the stage with fans and I love that these gigs are a place where we can all express ourselves with absolute freedom! I cannot wait to share more moments like this over the coming weeks!

Tonight’s concert will be going ahead. To those of you who had tickets for the gig in Brest, thank you for your understanding. I physically wasn’t able to do the show on Thursday. I will see you all in April and together we will close the tour in style.

See you tonight 😊

We are so happy to hear it !!!:mikalove:

Can't wait for your experience in Nancy !!!

SETLIST by @CharlotteL

1. Bougez
  2. Apocalypse Calypso
  3. Talk About You
  4. Sweetie banana
  5. Feels Like Fire
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax, Take It Easy
  8. Yo Yo
  9. Jane Birkin
  10. Moi, Andy et Paris
  11. Big Girl
  12. Elle me dit
  13. 30 Secondes
  14. Grace Kelly
  15. C'est la Vie
  16. Happy Ending
  17. Love Today
  18. Any Other World
  19. We Are Golden

REPORTS

VIDEOS

YouTube by @vanessa-love-mika

1. Bougez
  2. Apocalypse Calypso
  3. Talk About You
  4. Sweetie banana
  5. Feels Like Fire
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  8. Yoyo
  9. Jane Birkin
  10. Moi, Andy et Paris
  11. Beginning of Big Girl / End of Big Girl
  12. End of Elle Me Dit with fan on stage
  13. 30 secondes
  14. Grace Kelly
  15. C'est La Vie
  16. Happy Ending
  17. Love Today
  18. Any Other World
  19. We Are Golden

YouTube by @carafon - Relax / relax / relax (fin)

YouTube by @CharlotteL x @Anna Ko Kolkowska Mika Relax Nancy, 09/03/2024

YouTube @alex2003tone  - MIKA NANCY 2024

YouTube @cathybrief Zénith Nancy

including

1. Relax
  2. Big Girl
  3. Underwater
  4. Elle Me Dit
  5. Grace Kelly
  6. C'est la Vie
  7. Happy Ending
  8. Love Today

PRESS

Edited by Kumazzz
update
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

PRESS

L'est Republicain

https://www.estrepublicain.fr/culture-loisirs/2024/12/31/maxeville-mika-en-concert-sur-la-scene-du-zenith

Photos

Mika flamboyant sur la scène du Zénith de Nancy-Maxéville

Ce samedi soir le Zénith de Nancy-Maxéville accueillait l'auteur compositeur Mika, qui a présenté son spectacle devant un public comblé, venu en nombre en prendre plein les oreilles, et les yeux.

Mika flamboyant on the stage of the Zénith de Nancy-Maxéville
This Saturday evening the Zénith de Nancy-Maxéville welcomed the singer-songwriter Mika, who presented his show in front of a packed audience, who came in large numbers to enjoy their ears and eyes.

24 pics

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-2.thumb.jpg.fb33466e3eae3eb48571cae91decda7f.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-3.thumb.jpg.153df75c9b646accde2b01672d0ceaa5.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-4.thumb.jpg.6cb7efba4e345e2394e2fc423578f5ff.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-5.thumb.jpg.4fc8582d3e2cee2cb262baa2714905bb.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-6.thumb.jpg.135d2e9b5ab6a6efe6d599ed51ed5e66.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-7.thumb.jpg.d8a748bf0a18b51300e35c50d2a7477b.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-8.thumb.jpg.bf1bf48cdfdb39b9208d040f9faad0af.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-9.thumb.jpg.3607e5de264473b09e26d1fdf3152eb1.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-10.thumb.jpg.8496d02ed6a187f38b5526b84f462072.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-17.thumb.jpg.2c98b9b471cc22c05bf7075365fb1498.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-16.thumb.jpg.6dbabb7b1d2d4f0cf755469bcebb1fea.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087.thumb.jpg.7071c88cd5e3964638c71fec1bfaaed7.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-13.thumb.jpg.acca53527279b5e91c1ccc55e749614e.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-12.thumb.jpg.53d6ceb9e00048bec96a82fb1a9d87b4.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-19.thumb.jpg.268b5d9149f59df79f7bc055952dc78e.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-20.thumb.jpg.9913f92d44829089538958502f82f558.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-21.thumb.jpg.8a159a8df892356c94130215c729bf36.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-22.thumb.jpg.3656e596b4dcc68644ddf9b99d0e618a.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-23.thumb.jpg.5da1eb51bebc64cae06eeef379552a3f.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-24.thumb.jpg.49fc70deb77da7035bc9fd1a646e61fe.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-18.thumb.jpg.d1df483320f815b79ab3be624473dc73.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710020694-15.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-14.jpg

mika-dans-un-spectacle-grandiose-sur-la-scene-du-zenith-de-nancy-maxeville-photo-patrice-saucourt-l-est-republicain-1710018087-11.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Yesterday show was just phenomenal, it's a gig I will keep in my memory for very long :fangurl:

I will make a detailed and complete report, but I will not have the time to make it today, I must check my videos, if I have some watchable, and also prepare for tonight's show at Strasbourg, but I promise it will come as soon as I have time  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

A little report from yesterday's gig, while I'm on the train to Strasbourg.

I had caught a stomach flu the day before the gig, so I wasn't even sure whether I could go. Luckily I felt much better the next morning, but I took a later train because I needed sleep and time to pack. I still felt a bit weak, as you do after such an infection, but I thought a few hours sitting on the train will be ok, and then watching the gig from the back, no stress. Well... almost. When I arrived at the bus stop, I realized that I had to take a 10 minutes walk up a steep hill with my suitcase, to get to my hotel. 😬 Took me much longer and then, finally there, I changed for the gig and decided to take a taxi, as Google told me it'd be nearly 30 minutes to walk and I was already late. Just that there were no taxis, the receptionist called a few taxi companies, but I guess the way was too short for them, with just 5mins by car. 🙄 So I had to walk, again, and it was clear I would be late for the gig.

But I was lucky! The moment I entered the venue at 20:45, the lights went out and the curtain got moved to show the big cage. Mika with these wings is so impressive, take his already existing charisma and stage presence and multiply it by 10, it blows you away! I wish I had seen it up close, but I'm gonna catch up on that tonight in Strasbourg.

He didn't play Popular song nor Origin, but I think the rest of the setlist was as usual. He was still ill - his voice cracked a few times, but the crowd and Max supported him. And he commented on it a few times - I think he said something about aliens sitting in his throat that would randomly decide whether to let his words come out of his mouth or not. :lol3: - that's what I understood, but maybe one of the French speakers can repeat more accurately what he said. And he said that sweating on stage in a red suit is more fun than sweating in a hotel room bed. So well, he's still ill, but we all know him, he can't sit still for longer than 2 days. :dunno_grin:

I think he also said that his Dad and sister(s) were there, and that his sister already had gone to Brest and then made her way to Nancy.

He got a fan on stage again for EMD. He messed up the beginning of 30 Secondes, twice... but I love moments like this, when the perfect stage show isn't just perfection and the same routine as every night, but becomes very human and personal through such unplanned changes. He says he likes to be destabilized during a show, I'm not sure if he means things like that too... but even the more personal and unusual things, when he starts repeating them every night they become part of the show and aren't destablizing anymore (maybe to him? But the special personal touch these things make me feel when they happen spantaneously isn't there when it becomes part of the show). Like what he said about the name of the tour and dark times... he said that during Love Today yesterday, when the lights were turned off. Or that MAEP isn't a breakup song but a lovesong. Or getting fans on stage for EMD. I like all of that, but it's not as special and spontaneous as when he says/does it for the first time. Like, that he gets Nina on stage because he wants to get Nina on stage and not because EMD is the "fans on stage" song and he has to find a victim (and yes, I believed him that it wasn't just that, but he wanted Nina on stage - he could have found easier victims, haha! :lol3:). Anyway that's details, it's what makes an already amazing show a really special show - but it's still amazing in any case. 

Another one of these special moments was when the crowd sang for Mika because his voice wouldn't do what it should. It didn't feel heartbreaking to me as in the videos I saw of the last gig - maybe I just was too far away, but the feeling I got this time was that Mika owned it. The first time he rather was like 'I'm so sorry that I can't sing perfectly tonight', but yesterday it was more like 'I'm doing this show despite being ill, thank you for your support'. Maybe there wasn't any difference but it was just my own feeling about it - anyway it didn't make me feel bad to hear that his voice cracked sometimes, and he also seemed fitter, climbing over the barrier into the seated area during BG, instead of having to hold on to the railings like at the last show. That cough is nasty and might stay for weeks, but I think resting for 2 days did Mika well. 

Well, what else... something I hadn't seen or noticed before was that the Apocalypso sign was still there for Happy Ending, and beautifully glittering with sparkling lights. :wub2:

I didn't wait for him after the show because I needed some rest to be fit for Strasbourg today. But I heard that he just drove by in the car and didn't even wave, so I missed nothing. I wonder why he always takes so long to leave again now after the show... on the Revelation Tour he sometimes was so fast that we had to hurry to not miss him, but that was nice, especially for the times when he didn't stop, so people didn't have to wait hours for nothing. Oh well... I guess tonight I'll wait - Strasbourg was great for meeting him the last 2 times I was there... and if nothing else, at least we can do our Mexican Wave for him again, this tradition started in Strasbourg in 2016. 😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mellody said:

he also seemed fitter, climbing over the barrier into the seated area during BG, instead of having to hold on to the railings like at the last show

I think he was holding on to the railings just because there was no stairs. He was going down on seats. So of course he had to hold on.

• Like 3

Also wanted to add, thank you @tiibet for the spare seated ticket! I watched the first song from the back, then from the side until 30 Secondes, and then I felt like it was better for me to sit down, so I used the seat.

If I had used it earlier, I think Mika came to this part of the audience during his BG walk through the crowd... but well, he did pass by me when he left the stage and went through the barrier just a few meters behind me - but he didn't look left or right, so it might not have made a difference where I was. I'm always reluctant to film when Mika is close to me, a look from him, this quick moment of connection, is worth much more than any video or photo... but when he doesn't look, I'm often annoyed with myself for not filming - then at least I'd have a nice close-up video to share. 😅 

• Like 5

Weather forecast and tennis planning made me change my plans and go to Nancy instead of Strasbourg

As many MFCers had a better spot (not complaining as I arrived at 6.30 pm :naughty: ) and a better equipment ,here is my small and only contribution 

If somebody is able to make one video out of these , please feel free to!

And feel free to upload it on your own youtube channel as you'll all be faster than me :blush:

Edited by carafon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, carafon said:

If somebody is able to make one video out of these , please feel free to!

I definitely could, I'll pm you to talk about how I'll transfer you the file :)

• Like 2

YouTube by @vanessa-love-mika

Thanks a million for sharing as always !!!:flowers2:

I don't know the setlist in Nancy, is it correct ???

1. Bougez
  2. Apocalypse Calypso
  3. Talk About You
  4. Sweetie banana
  5. Feels Like Fire
  6. Underwater
  7. Relax (Take It Easy)
  8. Yoyo
  9. Jane Birkin
  10. Moi, Andy et Paris
  11. Beginning of Big Girl / End of Big Girl
  12. End of Elle Me Dit with fan on stage
  13. 30 secondes
  14. Grace Kelly
  15. C'est La Vie
  16. Happy Ending
  17. Love Today
  18. Any Other World
  19. We Are Golden
  • Thanks 1

OK, so, I will try to express what was this concert, but it will not be easy, since it was very special... 

Let's start by the context. For the first time in my life, I went at two concerts in two days. So this entire week-end was like a wonderful dream, and I didn't want to wake up, except it was real and I don't know if I totally realise it. The 14 y.o me  would probably not believe it if I could tell her... :cloud:

It's even more unbelievable since I nearly abandonned Nancy. Saturday, I felt atrocely bad, my head was spinning like crazy in the night, I felt helpless and thought, well, if I feel like that, I will not be able to make it. But in the morning, despite always feeling like that, I decided I would go anyway and see, like that, I would not have regret. I didn't have any regret, since my bad condition miraculously disappeared  at the exact instant Mika entered the stage. And it's not the first time. :lol3:

But for now, let's return at the queuing. It was a lot more fun for me because this time, I managed to find myself a little group of three to spend the day with. The time fly definitely faster when you can talk and laugh with some others people. I'm used to be alone, so already at this moment, things were deliciously better than usual. It's also easier to fight the stress of doors opening when we can cheer each others.  

I had a pretty good place for a girl who couldn't run at her best, second row, a little to the left. Actually, in front of the place where the piano would be, a thing that made me smile when the piano appeared, since that's my place since my very first concert, and I can make all I want, I always finish by being in front of the piano. :lol3: No complaining here, but it's still funny. 

The concert was... well, is there a word strong enough for describing it ? I loved every second of it, and it's not because Mika looked at me (nooo... not at all... well, maybe a little.... :wub2: ). I didn't look at the videos until the day. It's something I make every time there's a tour for keeping the live versions a surprise. I knew there was this incredible beginning with Mika in his phoenix suit, and the "club apocalypso" because of pics, but I wasn't prepared to discover it in addition of the music, the costumes, the songs he sang, the screens behind him, the musicians on the moving platforms, the total harmony of all of this together. I took it fully with my ears, and my eyes, and it was great from the beginning to the end. Just a word : WOW !

We knew he was still ill, but he also said he absolutely wanted to be there and each time his voice was weaker, each time we saw it was hard, we sang for him. Actually, this rapidly created a magical connection between him and us. He made this gig despite not feeling as well as we wished he was, so all we could make was to support him the best we could. From where I was, there was moments we didn't even hear him anymore, his voice covered by our singing. For exemple, at the end of Underwater, he said since the next song would ask him a lot of energy, and since we sang for him, he would let us finish the song alone. Like @mellody said, he owned it, we all knew the deal, and made our best to thank him to be there, sing very well despite all that, and offering us an incredible energy for someone who's "drunk from Toplexil" (personally, I stopped to take that, because it always makes me feel even more bad than the illness itself, so, infinite respect, Mika, for being able to perform like that with that sh*t ). 

I adored to discover the live version of the new songs, like Bougez, because the beginning of the show and the phoenix suit are just magic, Jane Birkin because it's one of my fav... and 30 secondes. Oh gosh, how I loved 30 seconds. Even if he totally messed up the beginning twice (or maybe even more because of that ?). He laughed and said to us something like"Listen, that's amazing. At the beginning you gave me paper sheets when I messed up my lyrics, then it was you phones and now, you downright sing its to me, it's amazing !" And it was at 30 Secondes that, at a moment, he  looked at me for the first time. It was not as strong as at Strasbourg in 2020 when he directly sang while looking me directly in the eyes, but any look from him is special, asolutely priceless :wub2: 

What else ? Like I said, I loved every bit of each song, so... Well, he talked about the fact his father and Yasmine were there, and explained that his sister came from New-York, rented a car from Paris to go see him in Brest, then accompagnied him at Nancy. He said without her, he could maybe not being able to perform at Nancy, so we cheered her. I laughed like crazy when he explained that, if the standing area sang stronger, it was because for singing, we must use our body, our heart, and our ass, and we can't sing when our ass is sitting on a chair. :lol3: (a thing I can pratically confirm after my experience in the sitting area yesterday).  

In fact, I never enjoyed myself like this night, and that means a lot. I also really appreciated the instrumental interludes while Mika was changing, the diffusion of Tehu's soundtrack, and even, the instrumental version of I see you... 

The concert could not finish on a better note, for me, since Any Other World and We Are Golden are two songs who means a lot for me, had a considerable impact on some moments, and are connected to each other when it comes to the feelings I have with songs. It was like some therapy for me :lol3:  And I'm very happy to hear Any Other World again :cloud:

I didn't feel sad after the gig because I knew I would return in a few hours, so it was perfect. Yeah, absolutely. Nancy was phenomenal. :wub2:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

A little late but the show was amazing even if Mika was still sick. It was my sister's first time seeing this tour and she didn't watch anything before going to discover everything herself and she loved it. She can't wait for the Luxembourg show :) And her friend, who saw Mika live for the first time, really enjoyed it as well!

Here's the playlist of the videos I took for this show:

And some of my pics:

20240309_210045.thumb.jpg.ed88db3aa75d6847de58f643878a4149.jpg

20240309_211453.thumb.jpg.3dccc32b65b22fbc2f1285413a14576a.jpg

20240309_222103.thumb.jpg.72ee36030d5e983bdfeae95faea0c8f7.jpg

20240309_222105.thumb.jpg.2a761a2a28ecd9980b9658fd86ac835e.jpg

20240309_224326.thumb.jpg.a4c89f93fa7ca305a4c76c05a2fbaf3e.jpg

20240309_224327.thumb.jpg.04b75b787ac10a9c0b638661e8f419b0.jpg

20240309_224331.thumb.jpg.6ceb5b31ee23aa9c95e47b957598a13d.jpg

20240309_224333.thumb.jpg.6faa2e74afdb4513a9918295baca0b32.jpg

20240309_225652.thumb.jpg.7157380c46953a2c6a62b3036cef0b21.jpg

• Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

Thanks a lot as always @vanessa-love-mika

Could please anyone explain what Mika says at 1:55 ? I only understand "Égalité" he says...

I think he said "Pour votre santé... [Putain ce soir c'est la vérité...]" which means "Damn, tonight it's the truth..." 

It surely is because he was still sick so he has to do like in the lyrics, Pour votre[sa] santé (For your[his] health) he has to move 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3