Hello, can't believe I haven't done this yet!!

EmRay

Hi all!

I've been lurking and occasionally posting over the last few months, and just realised I haven't actually introduced myself :facepalm:

My name's Emily, I'm in my 30s and live with my partner just outside London. I work full time as a writer at a charity and am very much into travel, orange cats and reading!

I was really into Mika's music when I was a teen and then sort of drifted out of the loop as I went off to uni and had a few big life changes. Over the last few years I've fully been embracing the music of my youth(!!) and rediscovering the songs and artists I used to love!! :wub2:

After realising I'd missed out on a huge back catalogue of Mika's music, I've been fully kicking myself - I've thrown myself into multiple gigs (s/o to my partner for travelling to Madrid last year for BRAVA and standing in the crowd for 9 hours to get a good spot :lol:). 

Looking forward to chatting with you all and seeing you at upcoming shows!!

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Hi @EmRay, nice to meet you :welcomeani: I'm glad to hear you've rediscovered Mika. As someone who only recently discovered him, I can definitely relate to the "missing out" feeling. I hope you enjoy the MFC! :)

• Like 1

Hi @EmRay :bye:

You'll probably find that there's a whole lot more of Mika goodness to discover here too! Always love it when partners get dragged into the Mika world too :naughty:

• Like 1

Hello @EmRay and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

I'm happy you were able to rediscover the music of Mika in these years! :biggrin2:

Oh...your partner has waited with you 9 hours for a gig! :rolleyes:

I think your partner will also soon be drawn into the world of Mika! :yes:

Being able to share own interests with someone is always beautiful! :wub2:

I hope you will have fun in MFC and...see you around! :thumb_yello::bye:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EmRay said:

- I've thrown myself into multiple gigs (s/o to my partner for travelling to Madrid last year for BRAVA and standing in the crowd for 9 hours to get a good spot :lol:). 

Hi @EmRay and welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:I know what's that. I've spent 13 hours queuing to be in front of the stage. But it was worth it :naughty:

Take a look at this thread and enjoy the forum!

• Like 3

On 3/13/2024 at 6:49 PM, Arianne921 said:

Hello @EmRay and welcome to the MFC! :welcomeani:

I'm happy you were able to rediscover the music of Mika in these years! :biggrin2:

Oh...your partner has waited with you 9 hours for a gig! :rolleyes:

I think your partner will also soon be drawn into the world of Mika! :yes:

Being able to share own interests with someone is always beautiful! :wub2:

I hope you will have fun in MFC and...see you around! :thumb_yello::bye:

Hehehe we both love to travel so we are trying to line up Mika gigs with places we've been talking about visiting for years! (Berlin in a few weeks!) As long as he can get a beer or two at the venue, my partner is happy :lmao:

On 3/13/2024 at 8:38 PM, Mikasister said:

Hi @EmRay and welcome to the MFC :welcomeani:I know what's that. I've spent 13 hours queuing to be in front of the stage. But it was worth it :naughty:

Take a look at this thread and enjoy the forum!

13 hours is hardcore!!! But what an experience. One day I'll get to the front :lol:

• Like 1

On 3/15/2024 at 10:05 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi :bye: and :welcomeani:to MFC @EmRay

It's a great time to rediscover Mika :mikalove: His new tour is an absolute bliss :cloud: Enjoy yourself with us on MFC :group_hug:

Absolutely!! I couldn't go to his last London gig because I had covid, so am making up for it this time around! Lovely to meet you all :D

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 1:39 AM, Mayli said:

Hiya Emily,

I don't usually open this apps but just saw your post here so pop in to say hi haha 😁

Nice to know u and all here lol 😆 My name is Mei, from Hong Kong and moved to the UK since 2019. Now living in Reading Town Centre with my partner David. Please feel free to ask me anything about Asia or Asian if u would like to know more about it.In additional, if u got times, come to Reading  for visiting us lol ☺️

For me, I love dogs 🐕 more than cats 🐈 while my partner is always a bit opposite to me but that alright and I sometimes would like to do the volunteer works for helping others even sometimes I also need helps too haha 🤣

I have been a MIKA fans since 19 turn 20 and now I just turned 36 last month lol 😂 Have been joined his gig in my hometown for few times,in Daegu,Korea for once and also in London for few times but this year its a bit hard for me to make it but hopefully in the future I can join u and have the chance to get knowing more of his fans and making friends too!🙏

Wish u all have a very productive 2024 and see u!🤭

Mei

Aww thank you so much for your lovely message! Fab to meet you :) I loved Hong Kong when I visited many moons ago! I'm returning to Asia this November with a trip to Japan - I'm so excited, have wanted to go for decades!!

I will forgive you for liking dogs more than cats :lol3: to be honest, I love dogs almost as much as I love cats...cats just suit our lifestyle more at the moment! I hope to one day have a dog (as well as multiple cats :lol3:)

On 3/18/2024 at 11:16 PM, EmRay said:

I'm returning to Asia this November with a trip to Japan - I'm so excited, have wanted to go for decades!!

I will forgive you for liking dogs more than cats :lol3: to be honest, I love dogs almost as much as I love cats...cats just suit our lifestyle more at the moment! I hope to one day have a dog (as well as multiple cats :lol3:)

:welcomeani:Welcome to the MFC !

I'm Eriko from Japan :japan:

November is one of best months for traveling to Japan, you will see the viewing of autumn leaves is a popular pastime.

And we have the threads for 🐶🐶 😸😻

Mika's Dog Thread ▽・w・▽

and

Mika & Cats

come and have fun !

4 minutes ago, Mayli said:

Just wondering are u spending the rest of your life in Japan or u have planned for back home one day?🤔

I also have some Japanese friends in Japan and also in the UK where I'm living cause I was a SGI(Soka Gakkai International) members since born. Have planned to learn a bit Japanese which I felt a bit regret that didn't learn it before and do u have any tips on how to easily pick up the base of Japanese?😁

:teehee:

I'm a Japanese, was born in Japan. I will undoubtedly spend the rest of my life ( hope live long ).

Watch Japanese movies ( TV drama ) and ANIME with subtitles.

It will help you understand the vocabulary and pronunciation of the language better. :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...