Song list before the Apocalypse Tour shows

Hey there! 

So I really want to make a Spotify playlist of the songs that are being played before Mika's performance starts at his Apocalypse Calypso tour.

From what I've noticed we've had the same songlist every show, so it would reaaally help if those that attend the last gig in Dublin can help out! :pray:

I'd love to just chill out to the list, and then stick the setlist behind it to make it a gig listen session. How awesome would that be right?

So if people can help with the order and with the songs in general, that would be awesome! :D

also dear Mods, if this thread is in the wrong place, please help me by moving it to the correct spot. Thanks!

Songs we've listed so far (in random order)

- A Girl like You, Edwynn Collins

- Material Girl, Madonna

- Moi.. Lolita, Alizée

- 99 Luftballons, Nena

- I'm like a Bird, Nelly Furtado

- All that she Wants, Ace of Base

- Cheri Cheri Lady, Modern Talking (this song has been stuck in my head in the past two weeks:naughty:)

- Adventure of a Lifetime, Coldplay

- Delicate, Taylor Swift

- 1999, Prince

- Seventeen going Under, Sam Fender

- Need you Tonight, INXS

- Talk About a Revolution, Tracy Chapman

- Save Your Tears, the Weeknd & Ariana Grande

- Funky Town, Lipps Inc

- I’m Every Woman, Chaka Khan

I remember this fun song that just mostly had a fun beat and I have noooo idea what it was, so we'll need someone to shazam it.

I've already started a list on Spotify! I hope to put them in the correct-ish order, but for now the ones I got are in there!

Edited by Maaikie...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Here is an AUDIO file by @crazyaboutmika from Rennes, France on 3 March 2024.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9RWAFG4lpEbV8AUxQPQo70lq9EbCg0O/view

You can clearly listen 

• Madonna - Material Girl
  • Prince - 1999

As far as I remember...

Mika has played "Faith" - George Michael  and "Smalltown Boy"Bronski Beat before the show as always in Japan, but don't know in the Apocalypse tour.

:emot-sad: I can only know the tour details from onlines...

On 3/8/2024 at 3:42 PM, crazyaboutmika said:

Hi :bye:

I recorded the audio (full audio with the songs played before the concert started and after _ I see you instrumental _ ) I sang and screamed a lot I apologize.

The show was one of the best I ever went to. Mika set the stage and the audience on fire. I felt like dancing all the time and I danced a lot in spite of my knees. It is truly a ball or a disco. The lights, the fireworks, the music, rhe energy is incredible. Mika in is cage told us to move to free him. He was jumping on stage and being everywhere at the same time it seemed he was fine. When he got up the stairs I was so happy because I was close to him. It was wonderful :wub2: Yes I was worried about his legs because he had to push himself up using his arms so it made noise on the stairs yet he was smiling and singing  and when he went down he also had to hang on :sad: 

He told us he had a cold but he had no wanted to disappoint us and cancel Rennes. He said it was hard to sing some notes because he couldn't breathe properly and he thanked us several time for "being generous and carrying him" We sang all our hearts out with him and it was very special to be all together with him that way :wub2: He is the one who is generous by still doing his show :mikalove:and being there 100% in spite of being sick. He didn't take his jacket off during we are golden which was better for his health :thumb_yello: I hope he gets well very soon :pray: I feel sorry for him since the tour was only beginning.

I fell asleep while typing this :doh:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9RWAFG4lpEbV8AUxQPQo70lq9EbCg0O/view?fbclid=IwAR100_vJFbNrMxTcTKNZf-uqhOSMFIFbjcnKZ2lmSMZtXhyDw_DJP5gIr9g

@Kumazzz 

3 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

Here is an AUDIO file by @crazyaboutmika from Rennes, France on 3 March 2024.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1I9RWAFG4lpEbV8AUxQPQo70lq9EbCg0O/view

You can clearly listen 

• Madonna - Material Girl
  • Prince - 1999

As far as I remember...

Mika has played "Faith" - George Michael  and "Smalltown Boy"Bronski Beat before the show as always in Japan, but don't know in the Apocalypse tour.

:emot-sad: I can only know the tour details from onlines...

Oohhh this is fantastic!!

• Like 2

okay the recording had the last 4 songs of the list.. But I can't recognize the one after Cheri Cheri Lady. It sounds so familiar tho. I'm gonna try to take the noise away in Audacity to hear it clearer.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Maaikie... said:

Oohhh this is fantastic!!

I recorded ahead of the concert for that purpose :thumb_yello: I know @Kumazzz loves to keep tracks of this and I do too. I hope my recording is good enough. Usually I love the songs Mika picks :wub2: If I remember well there was a Michael Hutchence song too...people were talking over the songs but I hope my recording is  good enough. The song after the concert was I see you instrumental. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

I recorded ahead of the concert for that purpose :thumb_yello: I know @Kumazzz loves to keep tracks of this and I do too. I hope my recording is good enough. Usually I love the songs Mika picks :wub2: If I remember well there was a Michael Hutchence song too...people were talking over the songs but I hope my recording is  good enough. The song after the concert was I see you instrumental. 

I got another one for the list, thanks! :D There's still this very particular song that I have no idea of but I loved so much lol. But it had very few lyrics..

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

There's still this very particular song that I have no idea of but I loved so much lol. But it had very few lyrics..

Do you remember any lyrics at all from this song you're trying to think of? I'm usually not bad with obscure lyrics!

9 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Do you remember any lyrics at all from this song you're trying to think of? I'm usually not bad with obscure lyrics!

See there's the problem.. I just remember the beat.. It felt kinda on theme with Zodi & Tehu, but make it a modern beat lol.

It also very vaguely reminded me of the song that plays when Mario takes a gold star in Mario Super Bros.. :facepalm: Which does not help! :naughty:

5 minutes ago, Maaikie... said:

It also very vaguely reminded me of the song that plays when Mario takes a gold star in Mario Super Bros.. :facepalm: Which does not help! :naughty:

Well I know exactly what music you mean from the Mario games, but yeah that doesn't help with the song, sorry! 😅

• Like 1

It wasn't the same songs everywhere. No Cheri Cheri Lady in London yesterday. And iirc there were more French songs on the playlist before the French gigs. Also I only heard Material Girl in Berlin.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyaboutmika said:

The song after the concert was I see you instrumental. 

After Hammersmith it was "Early in the Morning", the beautiful 2nd track from the Zodi et Tehu soundtrack. :cloud:

• Like 3

I'm sure there's a Troye Sivan song on the playlist but I don't remember if it's Rush or another one from his latest album. :no:

+ If I remember well, there were a Pierre de Marre song too, but I clearly don't remember which one (I was at a French show)

Edited by Juless
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, mellody said:

It wasn't the same songs everywhere. No Cheri Cheri Lady in London yesterday. And iirc there were more French songs on the playlist before the French gigs. Also I only heard Material Girl in Berlin.

I remember Material girl in Brussels as well as Ingrid and I were vague vogueing to it 😆

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

@Maaikie...

You should ask Anne @crazyaboutmika to record the before show songs her next Mika's concert in Brest next week.

I'd like to know these songs !!

I wish I would  be there....:making-a-wish:

Of course I will record in Brest too :thumb_yello: I wish so much you were there too :hug:

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, mellody said:

Funky Town is another one I recognize

Edit: Talking about a Revolution

Ohh yeah how could I forget funky town! Talk About a Revolution is on the list now 😄

• Like 2

This is a great idea. You’ve probably done this already but, if not, it may be worth scanning Mika’s playlists on spotify for any missing preshow songs. I’ve had a quick look and can see some of the ones you’ve already listed on his playlists. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ACG said:

This is a great idea. You’ve probably done this already but, if not, it may be worth scanning Mika’s playlists on spotify for any missing preshow songs. I’ve had a quick look and can see some of the ones you’ve already listed on his playlists. 

Oh that's actually smart! Maybe I'll find the one song I've been missing that I really want to find. I've mostly gone off of memories so far :doh: Funky Town basically lead me to I'm Every Woman haha

• Like 3

The only one I Shazammed at the shows was Moi…Lolita. (Which you’ve already listed). This was played in Grenoble, Lyon and Manchester.

• Like 2

@Maaikie...

:bye:Here is the AUDIO file, @crazyaboutmika sharing from Brest concert.

Thanks a million Anne, you are a star !!

7 minutes ago, crazyaboutmika said:

Here you go this is the full recording (with songs played before @Kumazzz ) but you can fast forward to hear the full setlist. Billy Brown was a lovely surprise and a first for me. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1dBqUkBKRHAyvNTRvEjziklPHpFRr46/view?usp=drivesdk

• Thanks 1

Apocalypse Calypso tour at the Brest Arena, Brest, France

According to the Audio file @crazyaboutmika recording

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c1dBqUkBKRHAyvNTRvEjziklPHpFRr46/view?usp=drivesdk

• Time to Pretend - MGMT
  • Talkin’ Bout a Revolution - Tracy Chapman
  • All That She Wants - Ace of Base
  • Adventure of A Lifetime - Coldplay
  • Moi... Lolita - Alizée
  • Cheri Cheri Lady - Modern Talking
  • Material Girl - Madonna
  • Need You Tonight - INXS
  • Baianá - Bakermat
  • Happiness - Alexis Jordan

And then MIka's INTRO + Bougez starting !!!

• 1 - INTRO + Bougez
  • 2 - Apocalypse Calypso
  • 3 - Talk About You
  • 4 - Sweetie Banana
  • 5 - Feels Like Fire
  • 6 - Underwater
  • 7 - Relax, Take It Easy
  • 8 - Yo - Yo
  • 9 - Jane Birkin
  • 10 - Big Girl ( You Are Beautiful )
  • 11 - Elle Me Dit
  • 12 - 30 Secondes